Metal Storm logo
My Dying Bride

Original post

Posted by Detric, 18.05.2006 - 22:35
What do you guys think of these guys? I had a hard time getting into them, but I finally gave them a chance, and I thought they were pretty good. So I went out and bought Turn Loose The Swans and Like Gods Of The Sun, both amazing doom albums, one of the best ive ever heard. Which album(s) should I buy next? And are there any albums I should just avoid? Thanks alot.
20.09.2006 - 11:00
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Has anyone heard their latest album yet? I've listened to it a few times now and am kind of dissappointed with it. I think vocally Aaron is starting to sound better and I like the clean vocals on the album, but musically they are starting to sound quite formulaic and almost bland, they need to come out with something new as with 'A Line of Deathless Kings' I'm finding it quite hard to distinguish between songs as they sound very similar. However, its not all doom and gloom (no pun intended), a personal favrourite is 'Thy Raven Wings' which I reckon is the best on the album as it stands out from the rest. Whats everyone elses take on the new album?
----
This is an outrage...
20.09.2006 - 11:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Tony Harrison on 20.09.2006 at 11:00

Has anyone heard their latest album yet? I've listened to it a few times now and am kind of dissappointed with it. I think vocally Aaron is starting to sound better and I like the clean vocals on the album, but musically they are starting to sound quite formulaic and almost bland, they need to come out with something new as with 'A Line of Deathless Kings' I'm finding it quite hard to distinguish between songs as they sound very similar. However, its not all doom and gloom (no pun intended), a personal favrourite is 'Thy Raven Wings' which I reckon is the best on the album as it stands out from the rest. Whats everyone elses take on the new album?

You tlking about this ''A Line of Deathless Kings'' I think its be out in october or something
I just wating it, but reading your lil' rewiew about it, seems last death/doom band changed like all UK that time death/doom bands

PS Your nick sounds greek
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.09.2006 - 01:18
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
I agree with Papa Lazarou, "Line Of Deathless Kings" is rather dissapointing... it's very shallow and yes, My Dying Bride seem to have lost their bliss... there are still good songs, but overall I think is the weaker of their career...
24.09.2006 - 17:13
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Don't think I've heard the new album enough times yet, but I'm enjoying it. I'll have to agree that it's probably their weakest since "...Complete", but tracks like "L'Amour Detruit" or "Love's Intolerable Pain" are really worth listening. Definitely not as atmospheric as "The Light..." or "Songs Of...", in fact, even though there's an official keyboards player, I could barely notice them in the first listen, this album is a little less polished, so I can see fans of "Like Gods At The Sun" enjoying this one a lot.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
24.09.2006 - 17:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Where you get new My Dying Bride? Its be stotres in next month but you all had hear it, where I can get it?
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2006 - 17:47
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
k7: check pm

if anyone is interested, I can send a download link... I would post it here but Metalstorm's inner KGB would punish me...
24.09.2006 - 20:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.09.2006 at 17:47

if anyone is interested, I can send a download link... I would post it here but Metalstorm's inner KGB would punish me...

I chek it what are inner GKB? why MS will punish you?
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2006 - 20:20
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 24.09.2006 at 20:09

because they are defenders of the evil machinery that is the music business....
24.09.2006 - 21:56
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
Written by Guest on 24.09.2006 at 20:20

Written by Bad English on 24.09.2006 at 20:09

because they are defenders of the evil machinery that is the music business....

Take it as you wish, but if you had a site like www.metalstorm.ee and the users were posting illegal, "illegal" (again take it as you wish) links and a label had noticed this then it would have never worked again with the site and you wouldn't like it.
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
24.09.2006 - 22:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Still dont get it

I just listen this album and its like clasic My Dying Bride, I dunno but ''The Raven Wings'' reaind me ''For You'' ending prt of song

Realy gret album, Im satifiel of it and its ok but some songs are like clasic My Dying Bride ''Raven Wings'' somethng from 1996 and lst song ''The Blod,The Wine,The Roses'' well mybe poeticl its good, but title ae good but music it cn be lil hrder and not so romntic I hate hapy romantism, I like sad romntism like ''My Wine In Silance''
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2006 - 01:29
Daru Jericho
I saw the new video today. It was rather cryptic and enjoyable. The song itself was enjoyable too but not amazing MDB...at least not for me.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

25.09.2006 - 12:10
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Passenger on 24.09.2006 at 17:13

Don't think I've heard the new album enough times yet, but I'm enjoying it. I'll have to agree that it's probably their weakest since "...Complete", but tracks like "L'Amour Detruit" or "Love's Intolerable Pain" are really worth listening. Definitely not as atmospheric as "The Light..." or "Songs Of...", in fact, even though there's an official keyboards player, I could barely notice them in the first listen, this album is a little less polished, so I can see fans of "Like Gods At The Sun" enjoying this one a lot.

I'm not sure why you feel fans of "Like Gods Of The Sun" would enjoy this new CD a lot... ? "Like Gods Of The Sun" is one of my favorite MDB CDs, but this new CD of theirs feels nothing like it. Not that this is a problem -- the new CD sounds well enough, but the crisp production found on "LGOTS" is nowhere present in this new CD.

And speaking of this new CD, I'm not overwhelmed by it. I may have to come back to it later on, maybe when it gets colder outside or something. It's oddly forgettable to me, though I can't figure out exactly why. Maybe if I sit down with the lyrics and read them along with the music I can see where the band is going, but there are some lyrical passages I already don't care much for--which I can honestly say I've never said about MDB before.

I just noticed the new video has been posted, so perhaps that can direct me, but I'm going to be patient with this disc...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
25.09.2006 - 13:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jason W. on 25.09.2006 at 12:10

Written by Passenger on 24.09.2006 at 17:13

I'm not sure why you feel fans of "Like Gods Of The Sun" would enjoy this new CD a lot... ? "Like Gods Of The Sun" is one of my favorite MDB CDs, but this new CD of theirs feels nothing like it. Not that this is a problem -- the new CD sounds well enough, but the crisp production found on "LGOTS" is nowhere present in this new CD.

And speaking of this new CD, I'm not overwhelmed by it. I may have to come back to it later on, maybe when it gets colder outside or something. It's oddly forgettable to me, though I can't figure out exactly why. Maybe if I sit down with the lyrics and read them along with the music I can see where the band is going, but there are some lyrical passages I already don't care much for--which I can honestly say I've never said about MDB before.

I just noticed the new video has been posted, so perhaps that can direct me, but I'm going to be patient with this disc...

Im fan of My dying Bride, i like almoust all albums, and well maybe fiew songs in some albums are worst, but this new album are great, its well now i can say My Dying Bride are last from old death/doom bands who hasnt change them style and new album, well song titles are traditional ''The Raven Wings''remaind me slower ''for You'' and well Wine, Wine Wine
----

apos;'
[image]
26.09.2006 - 00:28
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
I appreciate what K7 just said... MDB are the only classic Doom Metal band that hadn't changed their style, they had kept loyalty to their Death/Doom roots and that's very respectable... (I hate the mellow paths taken by Anathema and Katatonia, btw).
26.09.2006 - 00:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 26.09.2006 at 00:28

I appreciate what K7 just said... MDB are the only classic Doom Metal band that hadn't changed their style, they had kept loyalty to their Death/Doom roots and that's very respectable... (I hate the mellow paths taken by Anathema and Katatonia, btw).

Well I had say it planty tiems but death/doom ''clasic'' band schanged style or best what tha done split up, like Winter and dISbOWELMENT
I agree about Anathema and Kataonoa, but only band what I like after style chnged are Sentenced

Ok about MYD did you seen lst video? ceck site news, I coment it there and ehh ist depresice, I was sleeping halh hours and saw some mistc dreams after it and Arons voice isnt so Aron's anymore, but new album I just like thay continue tradition about birds and wone and sorrows and painfull love
----

apos;'
[image]
26.09.2006 - 02:18
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.09.2006 at 00:36

Written by Guest on 26.09.2006 at 00:28

Well I had say it planty tiems but death/doom ''clasic'' band schanged style or best what tha done split up, like Winter and dISbOWELMENT
I agree about Anathema and Kataonoa, but only band what I like after style chnged are Sentenced

Ok about MYD did you seen lst video? ceck site news, I coment it there and ehh ist depresice, I was sleeping halh hours and saw some mistc dreams after it and Arons voice isnt so Aron's anymore, but new album I just like thay continue tradition about birds and wone and sorrows and painfull love

yes, I chose the wrong word... must had been "popular" instead of "classic".. but well, it's difficult for Winter or dISEMBOWELMENT to change their style if both bands just released one important album
02.10.2006 - 22:58
Anathemani@c
Very unfortunate and bad news.... That is all I want to say.
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
04.10.2006 - 03:51
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Anathemani@c on 02.10.2006 at 22:58

what do you mean? don't scare me
04.10.2006 - 13:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 04.10.2006 at 03:51

He means drummer left a band, read site news there are better explanation why

I saw them last shows what was filmed and guy who play drumms was no hair, so it seems thay had new drummer
----

apos;'
[image]
09.10.2006 - 23:08
Anathemani@c
Written by Guest on 04.10.2006 at 03:51

I mean what Kariasakis told you. Shawn Steeles left MDB. I think he was the best drummer MDB would ever have
----
Trapped in time
29.10.2006 - 06:23
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
You know, I've been trying to get into this new My Dying Bride CD, but I'm still only halfway there. I don't dislike it, but I tell you, after a month of listening to only this new CD on and off and no other MDB release, and then returning to "Songs of Darkness...", the new CD feels like a bit of a letdown. The new CD feels oddly withdrawn emotionally... I haven't been able to put my finger on it yet, but it is something. Just going back to listening to a song like "Catherine Blake" compared to the new CD is such a drastic change. Their 2004 disc was so intense, nearly abrasive at times. I know a band cannot produce masterpieces each time, but there really seems to have been a directional shift in the past 2 years with songwriting, or at least intensity. Hmm...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
30.10.2006 - 19:07
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I don't know much about this band, I have some songs, the one I like the most is "The Cry Of Mankind"
I like the music, but imo is so depressive...
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
30.10.2006 - 23:44
Ernis
狼獾
I am in depression....I am alone....there is so little hope and things just do not develop.....depression grows....MDB fits my mood....whenever I am going home....in the dark....they have copied sadness and poured it into art.....
31.10.2006 - 00:02
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 30.10.2006 at 23:44

I am in depression....I am alone....there is so little hope and things just do not develop.....depression grows....MDB fits my mood....whenever I am going home....in the dark....they have copied sadness and poured it into art.....

now try to cut your veins to complete the cliché
31.10.2006 - 00:42
Ernis
狼獾
This time let me skip the vein cutting part.....
31.10.2006 - 03:41
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 31.10.2006 at 00:42

This time let me skip the vein cutting part.....

I said "try"... being all the time unsuccessfully trying to commit suicide is very Doom Metal...
31.10.2006 - 13:26
back_off
amazing and talented band...my favourite album would be songs of darkness words of light and favourite song would be the wreckage of my flesh!
13.11.2006 - 14:17
Anathemani@c
I can't say I dislike their new alboum. It is really good, but it is much more heavier than the last two MDB releases, that are my favourite ones.
----
Trapped in time
14.11.2006 - 00:35
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Written by Tony Harrison on 20.09.2006 at 11:00

Formulaic? well i do agree but not a great extent. I think they are starting to experiment a little less on the last two albums now. Yes I had the problem of distinguishing between the song at first as well. But after a few listens the good ones start to stand out. Also my personal favorite is 'Thy raven Wings' I was gonna write a review of the album, in which I discribed this song as "It could choak you and bring you back to life all in the same breath" there are a few other memorable tracks on the album as well. 'Love's Intollerable pain' was a good one. 'Deeper Down' I also enjoyed, although I don't get why they made a single out of it. 'I cannot be Loved' was also good. Although the music was a little generic of MDB. The lyric are as usual, absolute magic. It is probably my favorite MDB feature to date.
16.12.2006 - 19:55
Anathemani@c
Written by un/heart/ed on 12.12.2006 at 14:27

they are the band of my life! a doomed lover is killing me. i surely will listen to latest record. a friend said to me that the record is really amazing.

Yes, the new alboum is great. But it is a little bit quicker than the last two alboums.
----
Trapped in time