Metal Storm logo
Perversion - Feud With Steve Tucker

U.A.E based death metal band Perversion have entered a war of words with vocalist Steve Tucker (Nader Sadek & ex-Morbid Angel) after they had paid him to master their debut album Pillars Of The Enlightened and not received any results or refund after almost a year of waiting.

Steve Tucker had this to say on the matter:

"Apparently, the band Perversion is running their mouth on me , saying I ripped them off for 1800 dollars. Well, let the little girls talk on the internet all they want, the truth of the matter is, I spent countless hours trying to polish the turd that they sent me, and it just did not happen. As for ripping them off, I put in many more hours than that piece of shit deserved!!!! I WAS going to refund them , the money. Now I will NOT!!!! I more than earned it!!!!! If YOU!!!! choose to believe the rubbish, from some shit band that wants to run their mouth on the internet, That is fine with me!! I have been in this business a long time, and will be for a lot more. As well I have heard some shit about some Egyptian band called Scarab, I never dealt with this band, I would not deal with this band, and they can suck my cock!!!!!!! ST \,,/"

He elaborated on this, as well as trying to justify his attack on Egyptian death metal band Scarab by posting the following message on Perversion's Facebook bandpage:

"I don't care what you think. They would have been sorted out. As far as the other band goes. I was asked multiple times about them. And I don't know them. And Fuck it. They got more publicity out of it than they ever did for their music. In every business there can be problems. And I have spent years EARNING my reputation. True there was a problem with Perversion. You do not hear me denying it. However, talking shit is for little punks! They have the right to not recommend me to work with. That is fine. But talking shit and bringing it to a level of saying " hit Steven Tucker in his balls" is fucking silly and childish. After hearing from people I respect that they are talking shit. I responded. You don't like it? Fuck you. Quit trolling the fucking internet idiot. I play death metal, I am not a fucking politician. I am not looking for your vote. I am not politically correct and have no desire to be."

Perversion have avoided responding to the provocation so far, although guitarist Mahmud Gecekuşu did have this to say via his Facebook page: "Hypocrisy at its highest levels...how disappointing!! sometimes those who you look to and respect may turn out to be complete assholes and liars!"

Source: facebook.com
Posted: 27.06.2012 by Nefarious

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 36   Visited by: 91 users
27.06.2012 - 10:41
Symmachus
Uh oh, internet drama alert!
27.06.2012 - 11:44
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Whatever respect I had for Steve has gone down the drain
----
loves 小巫
27.06.2012 - 12:18
Jeebneus
"However, talking shit is for little punks!"

That sentence is too funny
27.06.2012 - 12:33
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
What an idiot, this dude.
----
7.0 means the album is good
27.06.2012 - 14:08
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Steve lost it
----
27.06.2012 - 14:42
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
MS drama award ?
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
27.06.2012 - 15:22
BudDa
Elite
Seems the problem stems from that 1800dollars. Just refund the money Steve(U said so yourself u were going to refund it) and put the matter to bed.
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
27.06.2012 - 17:39
Lit.
Account deleted
Wow, what a dick.
27.06.2012 - 19:58
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I'd already have knocked down his front door and knocked out his teeth with a baseball bat. This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Just messaged him some hate mail.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.06.2012 - 20:52
Lokaeda
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 27.06.2012 at 19:58

I'd already have knocked down his front door and knocked out his teeth with a baseball bat. This is ridiculous.

Towards Stupidity, and beyond!
27.06.2012 - 20:55
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 27.06.2012 at 20:52

Written by Boxcar Willy on 27.06.2012 at 19:58

Towards Stupidity, and beyond!

Well, reasonable hate mail, just telling him to grow up and refund their money.

And that I hope he burns in hell while sucking satan's cock, but I mean, that's nothing.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.06.2012 - 21:16
Derelict Earth
What a pretentious douchebag !
27.06.2012 - 21:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Might as well use the hypocrisy of shit-for-brains Tucker to get some promotion for the band:

I don't know what state of mastering this is in but it sounds pretty good to me, if he can't master what already sounds decent then the guy is not only a moron but talentless in that department as well.
27.06.2012 - 22:25
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.06.2012 at 21:26

I don't know what state of mastering this is in but it sounds pretty good to me, if he can't master what already sounds decent then the guy is not only a moron but talentless in that department as well.

Yeah I heard the whole album and it's a solid one, I didn't know it's an un-mastered version though, anyway kiddish situation, I lost my respect for both sides.
28.06.2012 - 02:05
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Personally- this doesn't make me wanna boycott Steve. I'm used to knowing that a lot of awesome musicians in the metal scene are conceited pricks (Glen Benton, Dave Mustaine, Yngwie Malmsteen, Glen Danzig, David Vincent, etc....) Being a somewhat moral (kinda...hehe) person, I don't need the performers of my favorite of the dark arts (METAL) to be saints. In fact- it helps to know they are not. This, however, does make me want to support this band. They didn't deserve this treatment. I'm going to listen to them right now.
28.06.2012 - 04:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Agreed, skarnek. After all, at least a quarter of my favorite musicians are either homophobic, racist, xenophobic, murderers, wife beaters, or advocators of suicide. I don't care about how big a dick this guy may or may not be, but I do know it would suck to be in a position where you expect to get money and you don't.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.06.2012 - 05:01
Void Eater
Account deleted
Steve sounds like a 12 year old on youtube. Wow. Unberievabru.
28.06.2012 - 05:11
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.06.2012 at 04:48

Agreed, skarnek. After all, at least a quarter of my favorite musicians are either homophobic, racist, xenophobic, murderers, wife beaters, or advocators of suicide. I don't care about how big a dick this guy may or may not be, but I do know it would suck to be in a position where you expect to get money and you don't.

Exactly. If we were to boycott everyone with an asshole streak...well...we'd be pretty limited in what we'd have in our library, especially since we love metal.
28.06.2012 - 09:54
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Quote:
[quote author=Mahmud Gecekuşu]Hypocrisy at its highest levels...how disappointing!! sometimes those who you look to and respect may turn out to be complete assholes and liars!
There's more than one reason Final Fantasy X's among the best games of the last decade... or... Starcraft, of the previous? Yes, I think so

edit - MGS, R&C2, GTA:LCS... damn, common thread. sorry for spoilers
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
28.06.2012 - 10:16
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 28.06.2012 at 05:11

Exactly. If we were to boycott everyone with an asshole streak...well...we'd be pretty limited in what we'd have in our library, especially since we love metal.

I do boycott people with a (documented) asshole streak and have no problem filling my library with people that aren't. Well, not intentionally boycott, I'm just a lot less interested in hearing what the dude is playing if he's a well-known arse. The only exception I can think of is Daniel of Pain of Salvation, but he's not a big enough asshole to screw people out of their money.

To make it less about my preferences - if we listen to metal, that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect our artists to be decent and respectful at least while doing their, uhm, "band-jobs". This hurt another band, which in return means it's hurting the scene we all love and support. It's cool if you don't care, but the majority of people will still lose the positive emotions they had for this guy, because you can't act like a jerk, hurt other people, and expect to be unanimously loved and respected. Especially if it's another band.
----
28.06.2012 - 14:35
sallyjay
What really irks me about this whole thing is that he felt it was necessary to tarnish another band's name for no reason. Scarab has nothing to do with the Perversion incident at all, yet he's got his fans(potential fans for that band) to feel ill towards them for absolutely no reason at all. His response in this article was to a comment I made about it on Perversion's Facebook page. They even have screenshots of the guy saying "I can't stop jamming to your record man. It kicks ass!" and the moment he reads "Kick Steve Tucker in the balls" he suddenly changes his stance on their "Kick ass record"(in his own words) to "the turd that they sent me." He even had the nerve to say "Your record sucks ass and it's a rip off of my riffs," but it's been deleted since I pointed out the irony in that statement(I was thinking about taking screen-shots and I wish I did, but you can see a mention in my comment for what it's worth). It's pathetic. I personally know the guys in Perversion and they've been working their asses off for years(not as Perversion, but in different bands) in a region where metal music isn't welcome. They're really nice guys who I think were a bit too naive and it's a shame that they've got this situation to deal with. I remember them telling me about Steve Tucker helping them out with their record and how excited they were a year or maybe even almost 2 years ago. They wouldn't go around talking shit about him for no reason, and believe me, they've waited for a very very long time to hear back from Steve. I just hope they get their money back though. Steve comes off as an asshole to me from the way he's handled the whole situation. It's unprofessional and is a very good example of immaturity at it's finest. I hear that a lot of his previous band members(Rutan, Nader Sadek, etc) also say that he is unpleasant to work with, is an asshole and such, but that's just what they think(or has been speculated). He's just embarrassing himself. All his years of "earning" his reputation could go right down the drain with shit like this. It's rather amusing.
28.06.2012 - 16:24
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Milena on 28.06.2012 at 10:16
I do boycott people with a (documented) asshole streak and have no problem filling my library with people that aren't.

I would boycott talking to the person IRL if they're a giant douche like this guy apparently is, but if a giant douche makes great music I'm not going to deprive myself of that experience.

Besides, how many musicians out there are saints? There are hundreds of thousands of bands out there - certainly there are some giant douches you're listening to without realizing how much of an asshole they are. The lesser-known guys just get way less exposure than the Mustaines and whatnot.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.06.2012 - 16:41
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.06.2012 at 16:24

Besides, how many musicians out there are saints? There are hundreds of thousands of bands out there - certainly there are some giant douches you're listening to without realizing how much of an asshole they are. The lesser-known guys just get way less exposure than the Mustaines and whatnot.

Hence the "documented" in my post.
----
28.06.2012 - 16:50
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Well, I certainly won't boycott Steve's music over such an issue, but I definitely won't be sending him cheques in advance if I want him to mix an album of mine.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
28.06.2012 - 16:55
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Promonex on 28.06.2012 at 16:50

Well, I certainly won't boycott Steve's music over such an issue, but I definitely won't be sending him cheques in advance if I want him to mix an album of mine.

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to illegally download all of his albums >:}

I won't be supporting Steve anymore, sure I'll listen to his music if I feel like it, but I'm not going to his shows or buying a t-shirt from him.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.06.2012 - 17:31
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Making "good" music and being "famous" is not supposed to mean being an obvious and complete asshole. Never supported the guy, but I get the feeling from what happened like he's not doing it all just because he likes it, only because for the money which is really sad.
----
29.06.2012 - 02:20
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by Milena on 28.06.2012 at 10:16

Written by Tristus Scriptor on 28.06.2012 at 05:11

I do boycott people with a (documented) asshole streak and have no problem filling my library with people that aren't. Well, not intentionally boycott, I'm just a lot less interested in hearing what the dude is playing if he's a well-known arse. The only exception I can think of is Daniel of Pain of Salvation, but he's not a big enough asshole to screw people out of their money.

To make it less about my preferences - if we listen to metal, that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect our artists to be decent and respectful at least while doing their, uhm, "band-jobs". This hurt another band, which in return means it's hurting the scene we all love and support. It's cool if you don't care, but the majority of people will still lose the positive emotions they had for this guy, because you can't act like a jerk, hurt other people, and expect to be unanimously loved and respected. Especially if it's another band.

I hear ya Mora. I really do. But don't get me wrong...I feel like stealing the stereo and gear shifter from his car from him acting like such a douche. However, I love his work with Morbid Angel, and Nader Sadek is freakin' awesome. His choices are not embodied in his performances on these recordings. Also, it's death metal. The guys *sound* like monsters, and if they really are...well, that's their problem. I feel terrible for Perversion and what they went through, and plan on supporting them even MORE now that they've gone through this (besides; they really do kick ass), but entertainment is entertainment. American Psycho is all the more screwy knowing what a dungbag Christian Bale is. Death metal is also violent and full of asses. Troy mentioned Burzum...now THAT's some real bad shit that he did. I still have Varg's music...besides- I used to collect books about serial killers and such. I don't see it as much different. I'm actually (God forbid....especially on a metal site) a Christian, and I can still separate the performances from the performer.
29.06.2012 - 10:06
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 29.06.2012 at 02:20

... and I can still separate the performances from the performer.

Yeah, I get that.

Nice conversation
----
29.06.2012 - 11:16
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I get that.

Nice conversation

Great chat! Most people are dicks when talkin' about dicks. But that would just make us dicks. Y'know?
29.06.2012 - 11:24
sallyjay
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 29.06.2012 at 02:20

Nader Sadek

I think he's left or was fired from Nader Sadek.

Hits total: 5726 | This month: 12