Metal Storm logo
Best Italian Metal Band

Original post

Posted by Zenzero, 13.11.2006 - 22:53
There are some good metal band in Italy, which is the best for you?? And why??
My favourite italian band are Secret Sphere!! I love them but I like other band like White Skull, Rhapdoy, Vision Divine, Sky Lark and other too!!
29.06.2008 - 14:32
Shinigamy
Account deleted
1. Rhapsody of Fire
2. StormLord
3. Elvenking
4. Secret Sphere

My list
29.06.2008 - 19:42
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Hour of Penance !
the only death metal band i know coming out of Italy and a killer one on top of that. These guys are brutal, just the way i like it.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
01.07.2008 - 11:53
krabathor
Account deleted
1- mind snare
2- bestial devastation
3- necrodeth
i would like to add beheaded but they are from Malta so if you consider that italy also then beheaded too
11.07.2008 - 12:18
pdepmcp
my choice goes to In Tormentata Quiete, but a mention of honor goes to Handful Of Hate, Graveworm and The Foreshadowing (IMHO this latter is the most interesting newcomer in gothic metal/rock world scene).

anyway there are tons of interesting metal band in italy and I don't think that the 2 most famous ones, Lacuna Coil and Raphsody of Fire, deserve more success than many others.
11.07.2008 - 12:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by pdepmcp on 11.07.2008 at 12:18

my choice goes to In Tormentata Quiete, but a mention of honor goes to Handful Of Hate, Graveworm and The Foreshadowing (IMHO this latter is the most interesting newcomer in gothic metal/rock world scene).

anyway there are tons of interesting metal band in italy and I don't think that the 2 most famous ones, Lacuna Coil and Raphsody of Fire, deserve more success than many others.

You're 32 have you seen Vanadium live? Pino Scotto are awsoem
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.07.2008 - 14:34
FOOCK Nam
Hortus Animae, quite enjoyable band.
11.07.2008 - 15:45
Elio
Red Nightmare
Quote:

wow...someone who knows vanadium...here on ms i'm the one who owns their album "game over" XD
pino scotto is a legend for someone here...he's on a tv programme about rock and says a lot of right things about crap tv and society of nowadays...great pino!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.07.2008 - 17:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by Elio on 11.07.2008 at 15:45

wow...someone who knows vanadium...here on ms i'm the one who owns their album "game over" XD
pino scotto is a legend for someone here...he's on a tv programme about rock and says a lot of right things about crap tv and society of nowadays...great pino!

I had hear 4 albums of vanadium and I own Fire Trails, yes I know band and he is Legend, but he is inter ;(
----

apos;'
[image]
11.07.2008 - 20:17
Elio
Red Nightmare
inter?u mean he supports inter f.c.?oh fuck i have to re-evalute him
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.07.2008 - 20:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elio on 11.07.2008 at 20:17

IMO once he sad he is INterista, so fuck inter fuck milan Pino are from MIlano man, no suprise
----

apos;'
[image]
11.07.2008 - 20:42
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 11.07.2008 at 20:35

IMO once he sad he is INterista, so fuck inter fuck milan Pino are from MIlano man, no suprise

what a shame...well i'll listen to his music instead of caring about football...:
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.07.2008 - 20:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elio on 11.07.2008 at 20:42

what a shame...well i'll listen to his music instead of caring about football...:

Me to in this case music tell all
----

apos;'
[image]
11.07.2008 - 20:57
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 11.07.2008 at 20:46

Written by Elio on 11.07.2008 at 20:42

Me to in this case music tell all

definitely man...and juventus forever...i felt a bit sad when in champions league we beated olympiakos 7-1 (or 7-0 cant remember)...it0s not a nice thing for a team to lose that way
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.07.2008 - 21:16
Zenzero
Zenzero
Quote:
Written by Bad English on 11.07.2008 at 17:27

Written by Elio on 11.07.2008 at 15:45

I had hear 4 albums of vanadium and I own Fire Trails, yes I know band and he is Legend, but he is inter ;(

i stay for inter too... and it's good!! Javier Zanetti is one of the best player ever!!!
11.07.2008 - 21:41
pdepmcp
Written by Bad English on 11.07.2008 at 12:56

I have never seen vanadium live. I saw Pino scotto live back in 1992, at a monster of rock festival.
he played with his solo band and was the opener, just befor Pantera.
Consider that he was not supposed to play, according to early schedule, so people got really disappointed seeing him instead of Phil Anselmo!!!

I was 16, half of my actual age, but I can remember that day as if it is yesterday, with Testament, Megadeth (before that awful record that was and still is Youthanasia ), Black Sabbath with Dio singing and Iron Maiden as headliners, just a few months before Bruce departure (but no prayer for the daying was already been released ).

I have to be honest and straight: Pino Scotto was NOT the main attraction of the day. I am not much into his music (neither solo nor with Vanadium) and I didn't enjoy his show.

To me he is more of a true legend and a real ICON of hard rock/heavy metal than a great artist.
11.07.2008 - 21:42
pdepmcp
Written by FOOCK Nam on 11.07.2008 at 14:34

Hortus Animae, quite enjoyable band.

yep, but they still have to prove themselves on the long run....
11.07.2008 - 21:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by pdepmcp on 11.07.2008 at 21:41

Written by Bad English on 11.07.2008 at 12:56

I have never seen vanadium live. I saw Pino scotto live back in 1992, at a monster of rock festival.
he played with his solo band and was the opener, just befor Pantera.
Consider that he was not supposed to play, according to early schedule, so people got really disappointed seeing him instead of Phil Anselmo!!!

I was 16, half of my actual age, but I can remember that day as if it is yesterday, with Testament, Megadeth (before that awful record that was and still is Youthanasia ), Black Sabbath with Dio singing and Iron Maiden as headliners, just a few months before Bruce departure (but no prayer for the daying was already been released ).

I have to be honest and straight: Pino Scotto was NOT the main attraction of the day. I am not much into his music (neither solo nor with Vanadium) and I didn't enjoy his show.

To me he is more of a true legend and a real ICON of hard rock/heavy metal than a great artist.

Unfortunatly Im not home now but I had listen a lot of Italain bands from 80ties, nowdays diferent genres I had a lot of mp3 one ´two songs but I dont remeber and I can say one Italy has good metal scene
----

apos;'
[image]
14.07.2008 - 01:49
omjaimes
omjaimes
my top of goth bands .... 1. Mandragora Scream 2. Graveworm 3. Klimt 1918 5. Macbeth 6. Lacuna Coil
14.07.2008 - 18:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Nanowar!! lol, gotta love Manowar satire! and maybe Elvenking.
15.07.2008 - 20:26
dark awakening
I think the best is Novembre...I saw them live two times, great feeling, great strenght...love this band
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
26.07.2008 - 09:31
selken
Irreligious
Written by Sunioj on 28.06.2008 at 09:20

Forgotten Tomb.

I enjoy pretty much all of the releases.

yeah, Forgotten Tomb, my fav Doom metal band out there xD

honorable mention to Necrodeath and Graveworm (specially their first two albums)
----
26.07.2008 - 09:57
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Graveworm, Macbeth, Lacuna Coil... Darn, always had it in my mind that they're Italian, but never actually thought about that... Good bands, all of them.
----
07.09.2008 - 17:19
Janne
Hugin
Rhapsody and Elvenking are 2 of my favourite bands. Rhapsody is because their brilliant music and Elvenking is because it's more than just great music!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
11.09.2008 - 10:05
1.graveworm 2.cadaveria 3. lacuna coil
08.10.2008 - 16:33
Narloth
And do we consider Luca Turilli's solo stuff a separate band? XD)
10.10.2008 - 05:05
His Eminence
Account deleted
My personal favorites in Italian metal are Rhapsody of Fire, because of their epic sound, and Elvenking, because I like the folk element they put in their music.

Even though The Scythe was totally different than their previous albums. I'm really looking forward to the new album, though.
10.10.2008 - 05:56
Branzig
Hmmm, I really love Bulldozer, but Blasphemophager is from Italy too...

decisions decisions...

It's a tie
----
In Grind We Crust
10.10.2008 - 22:32
Janne
Hugin
Written by Nina on 10.10.2008 at 22:13

I like Elvenking and Rhapsody they are my favorites ...

I can't understand how we are so similar to each other... I'm getting scared that you're just a clone of mine!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.11.2008 - 00:41
Metalbound7
Written by Nina on 10.10.2008 at 22:37

Written by Janne on 10.10.2008 at 22:32

Written by Nina on 10.10.2008 at 22:13

I like Elvenking and Rhapsody they are my favorites ...

I can't understand how we are so similar to each other... I'm getting scared that you're just a clone of mine!

Maybe, but in a woman's body

My favorite Italian Metal band is Nanowar... just kidding im agree with you, Elvenking and Rhapsody On Fire amazing bands!
17.11.2008 - 13:08
Eeric
Account deleted
1.ELVENKING
2.Rhapsody of fire