Metal Storm logo
Your favorite song to play on guitar (and why!)

16.11.2006 - 16:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the title says it all
in my case it's phantom of the opera by maiden(the best song out of the ones i know to play on guitar,it's just breathtaking), eramaarjavi by nightwish(fantastic melody), breaking the law by priest(:banger:), el mariachi(melancholic and catchy), and seasons in the abyss by slayer(recomended for guys who wanna become shredders)
so....what do you like to play on the guitar?
16.11.2006 - 17:31
Soliloquy
i personnally dont like covering stuff. nor do i like playing any songs here and there. so most of the time, i'm spending either creating riffs, or playig my older songs. so yeah.

but if anything, it would be stuff by Therion
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
21.11.2006 - 04:15
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
My favorite songs to play Are Under the Bridge by the chili peppers, Great Finger work, makes me feel big
As well as Stairway by Zep, because it's so pretty.
I like to play The Philosopher By Death, Such a heavy riff.
2 minuits to Midnight By maiden, catchy
Phantom of the opera by maiden, as cursed said, Breathtaking.
Breakin the law by priest, So Fun
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
21.11.2006 - 04:22
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Happy? - Mudvayne [catchy, simple, easy to move while playing]
We Will Rise - Arch Enemy [relatively easy solo[s], fun riffs]
White Noise/Black Silence - Dark Tranquillity [fun riff]
21.11.2006 - 14:16
chuckie
Account deleted
Deathcrush by mayhem (shit easy) & dig up her bones by the misfits (at the moment the only 2 songs i can play all the way through, but learning more)
21.11.2006 - 15:01
Sunioj
Dont play guitar,play bass, but right now my fav song to play is eye of horus by decapitated.
21.11.2006 - 21:07
Necronomicon
Account deleted
blackbird by the beatles nice fingerpicking! and dying fetus - praise the lord i cant play it through though
22.11.2006 - 01:49
heresiarch
Forever Dead
One of my favs is ZZ TOP Tush great rock'n roll tune ( hell easy ) but the trick is that try to make it sound like Billy Gibbons's play I don't use my ESP or my Stratocaster on this one , I bought Ibanez LES PAUL Custom for this one sounds almost the same
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
22.11.2006 - 02:47
chuckie
Account deleted
oh forgot dance of the pagan flame by behemoth (another shit easy song from thier BM days)
23.11.2006 - 06:40
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
my favorite songs to play in this order are:
1) Dying Fetus - Grotesque Impalement (so much variety so brutal, also tapping involved its very fun, i can also play it on bass)
2)Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face (so fun to play, i can play it on bass too, its so amzing just the riffing of the song, and i cant help to headbang at the chorus)
3)Bloodbath - Brave New Hell (its such a heavy and such a brutal song, i can play it for bass, its so fun to play its medolic but so brutal at times, always fun to play.
26.11.2006 - 18:41
jadawal
Hard to think of a favorite song to play on guitar but.....I'd say right now what I can think of...I'd say Jump in the Fire or seek and destroy by Metallica, just because they're fun and catchy. Anything from kill 'em all is good.
02.12.2006 - 06:59
Lord TJ
Gee....this makes me think a little too hard. I think it would have to be between "Sons Of Northern Darkness" by Immortal or "Victim Of Changes" by Judas Priest
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
04.12.2006 - 11:40
jcd5
Account deleted
1)The trooper by maiden ,nice solo and riffs
2)Highway to hell Ac/Dc ,
And of course ......Hallowed be thy name also by maiden , i think that the whole song is epic.
07.12.2006 - 19:18
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
I like to play Where Dead Angels Lie by Dissection because it's a beautiful melody, it's somewhat challenging to play (sweep picking) and you can play it on acoustic or electric.
07.12.2006 - 19:39
Deathwyrm
There's a few songs I noticed I gravitate heavily towards playing.

The Warrior Princess by Sinergy: It's fast, catchy, and it keeps my fingers moving in impressive fashions. Good warm up.

Decadence of Dignity by Falconer: Also great for warming up. The amount of variety in what you play up to just after the first chorus makes sure you pay attention to what the hell you're playing.

And the acoustic intro to Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness by Rhapsody (of Fire). Fantastically put together piece, even though I can't fingerpick worth crap.
07.12.2006 - 20:35
ASiema113
One of my all-time favorites to play on guitar would be
"Vengence Unleashed"-by Dying Fetus b/c I find it has its easy and more challenging parts.The best part of the song is when it goes into the tremelo riff followed by triplets, fun as hell.

Buckethead's songs are always challenging whether it's playing bizarre sweeping appregio's or raw robotic tapping, to me Buckethead is the most diverse style of music I've heard ranging from real heavy, apocalyptic runs, to light & funky, chords/riffs.

I've recently jumped back into Petrucci's material and I find his new stuff to be real organized but all over the place at the same time. "Damage Control" is a song Iv'e been working on and whether playing on acoustic or electric it's fun either way, although the acoustic usually won't have enough frets.

But what I think what would be real fun and I'm that getting into, would be Vital Remains, Steve Vai, & some Cacophony(Jason Becker/Mart Friedman) like "Speed Metal Symphony".
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
27.12.2006 - 21:45
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
My favourites are "Forest Of October" and "Deliverance" by Opeth, cause they are some kind of "matrioska"-songs, with riffs over riffs very interesting, exalting, funny and stimulating to play, great melodies, good uneasy solos (for my low technic)...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
28.12.2006 - 15:36
Sunioj
Dissection- Nights blood, Retribution, Where dead angels lie, in the cold winds of nowhere
Behemoth - Decade of Therion, Lam, No sympathy for fools
Death - Suicide machine, Spirit Crusher, Zero Tolerance, Crystal Mountain, Trapped in a Corner, 1000 eyes
Old Mans Child - Felonies (failures? Dont remember ) of the Christian Art
Catamenia - My blood stained path, Talviyon Varjot, The heart of Darkness
Children of Bodom - Kissing the Shadows, Black Widow, Lost Trashed & Strungout, Warheart, Follow the reaper
Decapitated - Winds of Creation, Eye of horus
Guns and Roses - Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle,
Dio - Stand up and shout, Holy diver
28.12.2006 - 21:21
Endoftherainbow
Tool - All songs but I like Lateralus, Forty 6 & 2, and Schism best. I like to play Tool songs because they're more interesting then playing straight forward songs.
Slayer - Angel of Death. Best thing when I feel like thrashing.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - All songs but I like Scar Tissue, The Zephyr Song, and Wet Sand best. John plays with such emotion that makes the songs so good.
Opeth - The Drapery Falls
Mars Volta - L'Via L'Viaquez
Mastodon - Iron Tusk
Dillinger Escape Plan - Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants
Death - 1000 Eyes
Between the Buried and Me - The Oprimer
28.12.2006 - 22:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i just learned my first solo! priest's living after midnight. gotta love that song
28.12.2006 - 22:28
Sunioj
When I dont mind tuning to standard C its
Arch Enemy - We will rise, Enemy With, Dead bury the Dead, Burning Angel
In flames - episode 666, clayman, jotun, embody the invisible

I think its so cool to see metalheads that actually play the music they are into, I dont know if you are like me, but it gives me so much more appreciation for the music.
28.12.2006 - 23:08
chuckie
Account deleted
Its darker than you think by carpathian forest, just really effin fun to play
29.12.2006 - 00:26
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I like to play a lot of Iced Earth, Burzum, and Slayer just because it's fairly easy, and I'm not too technical yet. Right now trying to learn all of Dante's Inferno and it's a little challenging I must say.

@Hellraizer yeah, I know what you mean man, about the whole appreciation of the music thing. I've always thought about it that way.
10.01.2007 - 22:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@spirit_inblack: have fun trying to do the UNBELIEVABLY FAST tapping thing between the 3rd and 4th verses(i think).. it's almost impossibly fast.
ontopic: i learned also victim of changes by priest, another song to add to my repertoire.
11.01.2007 - 05:00
devildriver86
i would have to say that my favorite song to play on guitar is through the fire and flames by dragonforce bc its just such an odd song how u have to put ur hand above the neck to play it its pretty fun
14.01.2007 - 19:45
un/heart/ed
The Sufferer
my favourite is closure by opeth. it is fun to play, its melody is amazing and it is my second best song after katatonia's evidence...
----
My only thrill alone in my own hell
14.01.2007 - 20:48
spirit_inblack
harshhead
@cursed yeah, I was looking at the power tab and you're right THAT'S FREAKIN' FAST.

@deildriver86 dude can you do the solos for that song? If you can, you must be damn good.

Anyways, Maiden's Lonlieness of the Long Distance Runner is another song that I recently learned. It is fun to play. Also Deja-vu by Maiden is fun too.
15.01.2007 - 21:38
drum fiend
Account deleted
seek and destroy by metallica i love the intro riff and one of my favorite all time songs
the ripper by judas priest has some pretty cool but easy riffs
the bell witch by mercyful fate pretty awesome opening riff has some cool fills and riffs
26.01.2007 - 06:01
Dalcyonir
Account deleted
At the moment i enjoy playing Hall Of The Mountain King by Savatage that has some riffs that are so cool to play and a great solo and Orion by Metallica that has everything-cool thrash riffs,changes of tempo and many lead parts.
29.01.2007 - 07:41
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
This sounds really corny but I like to play Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton. I know, I know...its gay, but I can't help it. I also like to play Stairway By Zeppelin, no offense, but it's essential for that or either Smoke on the Water, Crazy Train, to be your first song on guitar, or at least something reasonable.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something