Metal Storm logo
Indie

18.10.2012 - 03:32
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Wtf guys, how is there not a topic for this magical genre. Discuss all you favourite indie rock bands here!

I'll get us going.

And The Giraffe

http://andthegiraffe.bandcamp.com/track/sorry

Downer Indie rock.

Great to listen to when you're down, feels like someone is beside you feeling as shitty as you are
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.10.2012 - 04:14
Void Eater
Account deleted
Is Arcade Fire still considered indie? The music def sounds like it, but some people consider being "independent" and not full blown mainstream a part of being indie, and Arcade Fire is def full blown mainstream. Either way, I like them a lot.
18.10.2012 - 05:00
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 18.10.2012 at 04:14

Is Arcade Fire still considered indie? The music def sounds like it, but some people consider being "independent" and not full blown mainstream a part of being indie, and Arcade Fire is def full blown mainstream. Either way, I like them a lot.

Indie is kind of defined as a kind of alt/rock, so yeah I guess they fit, while not being "true" indie I guess.

They're still great though.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.10.2012 - 10:40
IronAngel
Indie is about as descriptive and defined as alternative. I know it's commonly used and I sometimes describe a band as indie pop or indie rock, but it's not a very informative label. Is chamber pop or fey folk "indie"? What about math rock or electropop?

Bat For Lashes has a new album out, it's pretty nice.
18.10.2012 - 12:43
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I only like one indie band : it's called The Antlers and I listened to two albums of theirs - Hospice (2009) and Burst Apart (2011); the music has a post-rock influence as well. Highly recommended!
18.10.2012 - 14:03
IronAngel
Hospice is great, but I wasn't crazy about Burst Apart.
19.10.2012 - 22:58
Branzig
I guess The Smiths were Indie?

If so, I like them a lot
----
In Grind We Crust
30.07.2023 - 17:41
Guib
Thrash Talker
This thing is dead...

Welp, Canada has its fair share of amazing Indie bands. Here's a few that I recommend.

1. July Talk
2. We Are Monroe
3. Half Moon Run
4. Blue Stones
5. The Beaches
6. The Franklin Electric
7. Patrick Watson
8. Islands
9. Yukon Blonde

All great stuff Imo. Check it out folks.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here