Metal Storm logo
Thanking Metal Storm

05.01.2013 - 18:44
TRPB
I just wanted to say thanks to Metal Storm for keeping up a non-pretentious non-flashy site that remains to be a content based site devoted to reviewing many types of metal. And importantly, lower profile bands that don't have the attention.

There are too many sites like www.lastrit.es (ex-www.metalreview.com), cvltnation.com, Invisible Oranges etc.. that are just pretentious douches.

I like your simple and direct writing. And I have found a lot of very cool stuff here that I throughly enjoy I have not seen anywhere else. So for that, I thank you.
05.01.2013 - 20:25
Guib
Thrash Talker
I must agree with him, 100%. Since I found MS in 2007, Im not really interested in any other Metal related website. I discovered so many bands, had so many recommendations from people who don't flame others for liking a certain genre of metal. The community in here, is one of the best you can find in the metal
world, and that being said, thank you metal storm.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.01.2013 - 20:35
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 05.01.2013 at 20:25

I must agree with him, 100%. Since I found MS in 2007, Im not really interested in any other Metal related website. I discovered so many bands, had so many recommendations from people who don't flame others for liking a certain genre of metal. The community in here, is one of the best you can find in the metal
world, and that being said, thank you metal storm.

Quoted for truth. +1 (though I'm not sure I found MS in 2007. maybe 2008)
06.01.2013 - 00:01
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Funny, a few hours ago I was listening to Cave In (learned about them here) and I thought of all the good music I got from this site... And now, I see this thread I definitely adhere to the big thanks.
06.01.2013 - 02:41
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
90% of my metal has been found here. Plus the community is awesome. Couldn't spend 5 minutes in that shit-hole Metal-archives.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.01.2013 - 03:08
Lit.
Account deleted
I don't think I could've found any other site better to jump into after my first run of Brutal Legend.
:Bows:
Thank You, Metal Storm, for sharing you knowledge of metal with me.
06.01.2013 - 04:37
D.T. Metal
Staff
I rarely post in the forums, but try to read your, our valuable members, comments on a regular basis.

Glad you all like what we do !!!

The "metal-media" market is so saturated these days and a lot of our competitors do concentrate on the more popular bands. While this in itself is not a bad thing, we here at Metal Storm always felt proud of supporting the underground bands as well. And this WILL NOT change, EVER!

Looking forward to another year of bringing you KICK-ASS metal release reviews, informative news, interviews and gig reviews.

Your master-of-disaster !
06.01.2013 - 05:02
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
I've been a member of this site since early 2009 myself and can't agree more guys! I have been helping to contribute to this amazing site now for over 2 years and was recently promoted to Staff about a month ago or so and am more than proud to be a Staff member of this fine site and to help make and keep it the amazing site that it is!

I also recognize that the users are what make up the majority of this community and help to make it the awesome community that it is so Thank You Guys as well for helping my own personal experiences with this site and community to be an awesome experience!

Thankfully the Staff and Elites are probably what help keep this site focused the most on not just covering the big bands but also the little bands since fortunately a lot of us in the Staff are more interested in the lesser known bands and genres anyway so that definitely helps keep the awesome perspective of the site in tact as well! I too have found many amazing releases since joining this site that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise so thanks as well for that to my fellow, current and former, members of Staff and those crazy Elites!
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

06.01.2013 - 15:48
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I would also like to thank MetalStorm. I'm a new member in here, though I have known metalstorm for a long time. This is the place I am going for finding new music, and thanks to metalstorm, I have found for example the fantastic band Ne Obliviscaris. I also like that the majority of members in here actually can discuss different kinds of metal without bashing each others. This is a great community, and should be a "must-have" for every metalheads. THANKS!
06.01.2013 - 16:06
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Um. Thanks guys. We really appreciate it
----
7.0 means the album is good
06.01.2013 - 17:01
Edmund Fogg
That don't mean y'all can sit on your arse and enjoy the fame! The more we like the site, the higher our expectations will be.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
06.01.2013 - 17:25
FinnishSammich
I'd like to give my thanks aswell.
Though I mainly lurk and rarely post anything meaningful, this community is really great.
06.01.2013 - 18:43
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Agree, MetalStorm is definitely the best sites for metal music. And what BoxCar said about metal archives, that site is ok as it has so many bands, but here you get the best on band details, ratings, lyrics and reviews. I'm mostly logged on to MetalStorm nearly every day.
06.01.2013 - 19:17
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
I want to thank metalstorm too!
It really has opened up a new world of music to me since I first joined.
Everything from the awards, the reviews, the ability to check out users that matches your own collections, stalk other people's votes, sales charts, top 20, top 100 (now 200), user / community recommendations, to lists. Everything is laid in front of users to check out new music that's even beyond metal, like shoegaze, drone, noise, post-rock and such
----
loves 小巫
06.01.2013 - 19:28
Nightfall
I want to give thanks as well. I'm relatively new to metal (started around 2 years ago) and this site helped me to find bands I never heard before. Also, the recommendations, reviews, lists, staff picks, etc. have been a great help in this task. I hope MS stays as good as it has been ever since I discovered it.
06.01.2013 - 23:09
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Oh yeah thanks metal storm for this great community!
07.01.2013 - 19:14
TRPB
Guys, for lovers of MetalStorm, I would also suggest www.wormgearzine.com

The reviewers are very knowledgeable, veterans, not pretentious, and write really good reviews. Between MEtalStorm and this site, my bases are pretty much covered on the Metal and Dark music front!
07.01.2013 - 21:44
eViL tAiLs
Yeah, wormgearzine.com is excellent!
----
oNly fArTs R for reaL
07.01.2013 - 22:02
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Your guys are welcome.
07.01.2013 - 22:46
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Edmund Fogg on 06.01.2013 at 17:01

That don't mean y'all can sit on your arse and enjoy the fame! The more we like the site, the higher our expectations will be.

We're always prep'ing awesome stuff
----
7.0 means the album is good
07.01.2013 - 23:12
ANGEL REAPER
Truly best metal community on internet... i fucking love this site.... thank you for existing guys... \m/
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
08.01.2013 - 00:44
Fredd
Account deleted
I'd like to thank the moderators especially craig for their efforts keeping this site civil.
08.01.2013 - 00:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Thanks for making me fail a bunch of college courses and probably my uni one too, Metal Storm.
08.01.2013 - 00:46
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.01.2013 at 00:45

Thanks for making me fail a bunch of college courses and probably my uni one too, Metal Storm.

that one goes to facebook for me.
08.01.2013 - 00:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.01.2013 at 00:46

that one goes to facebook for me.

Facebook also raped my goldfish.
08.01.2013 - 00:50
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.01.2013 at 00:49

MechanisT won't be pleased to hear this.

Back on topic, anyway. I'd really like to thank MS for all the cool friends I've made here.
08.01.2013 - 02:32
Saiyanity
Agree completely, I never even think about using other metal sites.
08.01.2013 - 06:23
eViL tAiLs
Written by Saiyanity on 08.01.2013 at 02:32

Agree completely, I never even think about using other metal sites.

I would say that you are missing out on a lot of other fantastic metal if you are only using this site. Between this site, wormgear and Metalreview (i don't like those guys, but they review some stuff i am interested in) my bases are covered.
----
oNly fArTs R for reaL
08.01.2013 - 17:01
Malphas
SPAM! lol, no seriously, i'd have to agree, since i first found this site, i haven't just found a lot of new bands but the forums/community are great too so you can have fun as well as decent, intelligent, conversations on all possible topics
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
09.01.2013 - 18:40
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.01.2013 at 00:50

Written by Guest on 08.01.2013 at 00:49

MechanisT won't be pleased to hear this.

Contrary to popular belief, I am of the HIGHEST order of the fish-eating kind.
So yay facebook.