Metal Storm logo
Cricket

Original post

Posted by Valar, 19.05.2006 - 17:01
Glad to open a Cricket Thread the most followed and worshipped game in the Indian Subcontinent though i am pessimistic this thread will get many patrons
Updating India Won Vs The West Indies in West Indies it was the first match of the ongoing 5 match ODI series and will be followed by the test series.
Also Sri lanka Drew ther match with England as England dropped 9 catches and dropped the opportunity to go 1-0 up in the test series.
26.04.2007 - 15:57
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Judas on 26.04.2007 at 15:51

Written by Valar on 26.04.2007 at 15:42

I am absolutely gutted with this final
Now i hope the Aussies win it( ) cause i dont want a subcontinental team to win the cup more than once....

I surely hope you are excluding India from that sentiment! India should win the cup every time...

yeah (there was an hidden statement filled with animosity ) what i meant was no subcontinent team should win the cup more than India has......
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
29.04.2007 - 06:20
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Hooray, Australia won the cup!!
I have to watch the replay though, i cant remember alot of it.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
29.04.2007 - 07:12
Judas
The Amputator
How awesome are we? It was a most enjoyable game, despite the rain delay and subsequent shortening of overs. Sri Lanka performed well, but there was only so much they could do when faced with a rampant Adam Gilchrist. That was one of the great innings', and will live long in the memory, much like Ricky Ponting's effort in 2003 Final and Aravinda de Silva's in 1996. A total like that always would put pressure on the Sri Lankan batsmen, but to give them their due credit, they fought hard. Sanath Jayasuriya signed off in style, but the best send-off had to be for Glenn McGrath. Man of the Tournament and his hat-trick of World Cups... Now that's one hell of a swan song!

What the hell was going on with the lights at the end, by the way?
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
29.04.2007 - 16:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Judas on 29.04.2007 at 07:12

What the hell was going on with the lights at the end, by the way?

well, the batsmen were offered the light and somehow Australia thought that that meant that the match was over. So having won it on D/L also the organizers thought that, why I don't know, because if it cleared up they could still go back on and finish the match.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.05.2007 - 22:14
Himann
Orm KrigGud
But the umpires should have just awarded it to Australia. Even Jayawardena said that they should but instead they were fooling about. Oh well I was confused anyway cause I was drunk!

I found the final to be rather disappointing though although Gilchrist's knock was very good. Light problem, weather problem, D/L... Aaaarrghh!! Anyway team which I supported from the start lost in the end!! Oh well..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
07.05.2007 - 10:24
Judas
The Amputator
It's so weird right now, I have nothing to look forward to when staying up at night. I don't wake up eagerly to check the results of the previous night's game on Cricinfo any more. There is next to no cricket here for the next 6 months... NOOOOOO!!!
----
08.05.2007 - 19:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Judas on 07.05.2007 at 10:24

It's so weird right now, I have nothing to look forward to when staying up at night. I don't wake up eagerly to check the results of the previous night's game on Cricinfo any more. There is next to no cricket here for the next 6 months... NOOOOOO!!!

then move to europe for the next couple of months. Cricket season just started and will only end in September.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.05.2007 - 21:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Who won in world cup?
Australia or South Africa?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.05.2007 - 21:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 08.05.2007 at 21:19

Who won in world cup?

Australia of course. South Africa was destroyed by the Australians in the semi-finals. Australia beat Sri Lanka very easily in the finals.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.05.2007 - 22:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.05.2007 at 21:56

Who won in world cup?

Australia of course. South Africa was destroyed by the Australians in the semi-finals. Australia beat Sri Lanka very easily in the finals.

Hahha does there are CL or something like UEFA cup in cricket or only leages

@Judas when be rugby world cup and where?
----

apos;'
[image]
09.05.2007 - 02:01
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 08.05.2007 at 22:12

Who won in world cup?

The Rugby World Cup is later this year, in September and October, and it is being held in France this time, with the final being played at St-Denis on the 20th of October, although some group stage games will be played in Cardiff (Millennium Stadium) and Edinburgh (Murrayfield). I'm sure there will be a thread for that too, as we get closer to the event!
----
09.05.2007 - 16:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Judas on 09.05.2007 at 02:01

Written by Bad English on 08.05.2007 at 22:12

Who won in world cup?

The Rugby World Cup is later this year, in September and October, and it is being held in France this time, with the final being played at St-Denis on the 20th of October, although some group stage games will be played in Cardiff (Millennium Stadium) and Edinburgh (Murrayfield). I'm sure there will be a thread for that too, as we get closer to the event!

Well IMO France, SA, MZ or Ausie will win there But ist still some time to wate till it
----

apos;'
[image]
09.05.2007 - 16:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Okay now off the rugby and back to cricket. Talk rugby ina rugby thread.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.05.2007 - 04:28
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.05.2007 at 16:54

Sounds good to me.

India start their series against Bangladesh tomorrow, and this time around it isn't expected to be the walloping status quo, with the 'giant-killers' having been in fine form at times in the World Cup. I'm still backing India to win, but I'm also sure we'll see an upset in at least one of the ODIs. It remains to be seen if the Bangladeshis can sustain mental focus over 5 days though.
----
10.05.2007 - 08:12
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Judas on 10.05.2007 at 04:28

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.05.2007 at 16:54

Sounds good to me.

India start their series against Bangladesh tomorrow, and this time around it isn't expected to be the walloping status quo, with the 'giant-killers' having been in fine form at times in the World Cup. I'm still backing India to win, but I'm also sure we'll see an upset in at least one of the ODIs. It remains to be seen if the Bangladeshis can sustain mental focus over 5 days though.

I am not too sure i well can India play here with many key players missing.......i will be happy with any kind of victory.....
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
14.05.2007 - 15:18
Judas
The Amputator
Wow, Johnny Howard, our Prime Minister, officially pulled the plug on Australia's scheduled tour of Zimbabwe later this year. It's a shame that sport and politics have to mix, but in the end, what had to be done was done.

There's some sort of rubbish going on with the so-called 'Indian Cricket League', with regards to player signings and whatnot. Maulik, can you enlighten us on the scenario there? I haven't been watching Zee TV much of late!
----
14.05.2007 - 17:47
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Judas on 14.05.2007 at 15:18

Wow, Johnny Howard, our Prime Minister, officially pulled the plug on Australia's scheduled tour of Zimbabwe later this year. It's a shame that sport and politics have to mix, but in the end, what had to be done was done.

There's some sort of rubbish going on with the so-called 'Indian Cricket League', with regards to player signings and whatnot. Maulik, can you enlighten us on the scenario there? I haven't been watching Zee TV much of late!

Actually this came out about a month ago, the zee sports(A sports channel) chief has proposed the start of some sort of league in India but this has come under fierce opposition frm the BCCI who have said that they wont allow any of the players under contract to be a part of the league.
I am sure this issue will flare up again.....
Also this proposal has been compared to the Kerry Packer's intitiative of WorldSeries Cricket........
----
15.05.2007 - 13:42
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Valar on 14.05.2007 at 17:47

Actually this came out about a month ago, the zee sports(A sports channel) chief has proposed the start of some sort of league in India but this has come under fierce opposition frm the BCCI who have said that they wont allow any of the players under contract to be a part of the league.
Also this proposal has been compared to the Kerry Packer's intitiative of WorldSeries Cricket........

I despise Twenty20 Cricket, I'm boycotting the 'World Cup' that they're holding later in the year in South Africa, and this is even worse, because it's like they are trying to undermine the authorities of the various boards and committees. I mean, the bureaucracy in cricket is pathetic as it is, and it makes it even worse with another rebel organisation like this. Twenty20 is an abomination!
----
15.05.2007 - 16:50
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Judas on 15.05.2007 at 13:42

I despise Twenty20 Cricket, I'm boycotting the 'World Cup' that they're holding later in the year in South Africa, and this is even worse, because it's like they are trying to undermine the authorities of the various boards and committees. I mean, the bureaucracy in cricket is pathetic as it is, and it makes it even worse with another rebel organisation like this. Twenty20 is an abomination!

they say the 20/20 was introduced to pull the crowd towards cricket but i dont hink thats happening people only fill stadiums to watch 20/20 matches but when test or even one Days are played they prefer to stay home in some countries.....
20/20 is just hit or miss it requires no technique whatsoever......
I am with you on this, i absolutely agree 20/20 sucks.
----
15.05.2007 - 16:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I wonder what the Dutch borad will do about the tour to ZImbabwe in October... a tour such as this one will be good for the standard of the Dutch team, but can we morally justify such a tour? I doubt it...
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.05.2007 - 19:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valar on 15.05.2007 at 16:50

they say the 20/20 was introduced to pull the crowd towards cricket but i dont hink thats happening people only fill stadiums to watch 20/20 matches but when test or even one Days are played they prefer to stay home in some countries.....

Totally agree that 20/20 sucks but...
I think it can work in a country such as The Netherlands to get people interested in cricket who are not used to the longer form. Even a 50 over one dy match they regard as being too long. For those people 20/20 is a great spectacular intorduction, it's only last a little over two hours.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2007 - 04:57
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.05.2007 at 19:17

Written by Valar on 15.05.2007 at 16:50

Totally agree that 20/20 sucks but...
I think it can work in a country such as The Netherlands to get people interested in cricket who are not used to the longer form. Even a 50 over one dy match they regard as being too long. For those people 20/20 is a great spectacular intorduction, it's only last a little over two hours.

I can see your point, it is a good way to spread the game to areas where it is not already popular. I suspect one of the main reasons for the inception of Twenty20 was to try and make inroads into the American market, and 'dumbing down' the sport as much as possible is a good way to do that. Although, I am totally against the Test-playing nations partaking in such a poor excuse for a cricket match.

Marcel, do you think the Dutch board will follow what Australia did, and pull out, or at least play elsewhere? It is a really bad situation for you guys, because it will be valuable experience, and the teams won't be vastly mismatched either, but with the whole Mugabe issue it's a very touchy point.
----
25.06.2007 - 09:27
Judas
The Amputator
*bump*

So, now that the CWC is over we all forget about this thread, do we?

Anyhow, in the news lately, India have botched their coach hunt in a comical way. They appointed Graham Ford of Kent, and then when he backed out they didn't have a backup coach, so they're back to square one. Any comments from people who know more about this situation? All I have as sources are Cricinfo and the sensationalist Indian media thanks to my mum's satellite dish.

England comprehensively beat the West Indies in the Test series, India and South Africa just both beat Ireland in ODIs, and Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are commencing the 1st Test of a series today.
----
25.06.2007 - 17:38
Valar
IndianSteel
I always knew India could beat Ireland
Real test comes tomorrow against S Africa with reports of 6 players being unavailable due to viral fever....

Elsewhere Sri Lanka rattled Bangladesh today in the first test match between the two.
----
26.06.2007 - 06:02
Frost/bitten
Account deleted

I agree with you Judas Twenty20 is stupid we already have ODI, and test cricket and that is enough, we dont need 2020... there is no skill in walking to the crease know you have to hit the ball as far and as hard as posible... Next thing will be 20 minute cricket.
26.06.2007 - 06:05
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Written by Valar on 25.06.2007 at 17:38

I always knew India could beat Ireland
Real test comes tomorrow against S Africa with reports of 6 players being unavailable due to viral fever....

Elsewhere Sri Lanka rattled Bangladesh today in the first test match between the two.

Bangladesh all out for 89... god it anoys me... Bangladesh have the tallent but god they have some realy shocker days... Sri Lanka in reply 3/227.
31.07.2007 - 18:14
Valar
IndianSteel
India won the second test match against england after getting out of jail in the first one, marvelous performance by the entire team gave India a deserved victory and i am so damn happy
Both teams were at it and there were a lot of incidents in the game, sledging and stuff from both sides, it was amazingly entertaining specially now that we won .

P.S - I am eating some jelly beans right now and with immense pleasure i may add.
----
31.07.2007 - 21:03
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
@ Valar - yes India did play well.

It never rains when England need it to :p

Can you throw a few jelly beans my way please ?
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
31.07.2007 - 21:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by hanna of steel on 31.07.2007 at 21:03

It never rains when England need it to :p

Yes it does :-) I remember series against both South Africa and Australia where England were saved by the rain
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.07.2007 - 21:12
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.07.2007 at 21:10

Yes it does :-) I remember series against both South Africa and Australia where England were saved by the rain

Yeah - you are right - it was just this time it didn;t save us.
Perhaps we should get some better players and not have to rely on the rain ....
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre