Metal Storm logo
Nachtmystium USBM

17.12.2006 - 20:54
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
One of the most hailed US Black Metal and
One of the most powerfull hordes of the American scene
is without a doubt 'Nachtmystium'.

Azentrius (vocals / guitar / bass), Noctis (drums)

Discography:
2006 Instinct: Decay CD
2005 Visual Propaganda: Live from the Pulpits of Damnation DVD
2005 Nachtmystium mCD
2004 The First Attacks (Demos 2000-2001) CD
2004 Reign of the Malicious Cassette
2004 Demise CD
2004 Eulogy IV LP
2004 Reign of the Malicious / Nachtmystium CD
2003 Nachtmystium mCD
2002 Reign of the Malicious CD
2002 Demise
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
17.12.2006 - 23:45
Damnated
Churchburner
never liked Nachtmystium, they're nothing more then avarege.
Never heard the new album though, is it good?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.12.2006 - 23:53
Zombie, M.D.
I always thought they were boring, really standard band doing nothing interesting. The guy from Nachtmystium lives one town over from where I used to live.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
18.12.2006 - 11:06
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Written by Damnated on 17.12.2006 at 23:45

They're looking better and i feel with this albume 'Instinct: Decay' making Nachtmystium
a rising power in the USBM scene.
----
18.12.2006 - 23:53
Gharakh
Account deleted
I really like them, Instinct: Decay is one of my top played black metal albums lately.
24.12.2006 - 01:04
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
I like what I've heard from them. I just checked out their myspace page. I'm going to see them live in a few months with 1349. That should be a good show...
24.12.2006 - 01:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Empty Spaces on 24.12.2006 at 01:04

I like what I've heard from them. I just checked out their myspace page. I'm going to see them live in a few months with 1349. That should be a good show...

http://www.myspace.com/nachtmystium

i like them thay keep old true Europeain BM traditions, specely French and German alive, you lock to album cvovers, ist Europein not US style and I love it great band

Specely thsi album ''Nachtmystium'' I try get it,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.12.2006 - 17:54
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Dead Ohlin on 18.12.2006 at 11:06

Written by Damnated on 17.12.2006 at 23:45

They're looking better and i feel with this albume 'Instinct: Decay' making Nachtmystium
a rising power in the USBM scene.

just listened to Instinct: decay, and it's indeed different, and good. filled with psyhedelic ambient and acoustic passages, the whole album has a progressive sound. twas a nice surprise.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.06.2007 - 20:14
Kurzag
Account deleted
Only heard the song Desolation from the split with Xasthur. The song was cool, the vocals reminds me of Satanic Warmaster.
07.06.2007 - 19:53
Damnated
Churchburner
over the last 6 months or so, Instinct:decay became one of my fav albums. i love just about everything about it.
----

07.06.2007 - 19:56
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I laughed as fuck when I read their myspace manifesto, where they say something like they're NOT black metal, and they don't give a fuck about the lowlives who label them that way.
30.03.2008 - 16:08
W-Lash
Metal Master
Instinct:Decay is the only one listenable album.
But it's good. Probably because it's much different than other stuff done by Nachtmystium.
30.03.2008 - 17:27
Damnated
Churchburner
2 new releases are planned for this year, an EP and a full-length. if they continue the path set by Instinct: Decay, they should be good. can't wait.

if i come to think of it, these are the only releases i'm waiting from the usbm scene.
----

30.03.2008 - 18:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Damnated on 30.03.2008 at 17:27

2 new releases are planned for this year, an EP and a full-length. if they continue the path set by Instinct: Decay, they should be good. can't wait.

if i come to think of it, these are the only releases i'm waiting from the usbm scene.

Yeah, I cannot think of any other interesting USBM band atm. (that have new releases planned, mind you!)

Hopefully they'll continue in the direction of Instinct:Decay, which was good, but imo could still be improved. The concept/idea was amazing, but still not used to its full potental. How I remember it, (havent listened to it in quite a while) the album sounds a bit samey.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.03.2008 - 18:12
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Lucas on 30.03.2008 at 18:04

Written by Damnated on 30.03.2008 at 17:27

Yeah, I cannot think of any other interesting USBM band atm. (that have new releases planned, mind you!)

Hopefully they'll continue in the direction of Instinct:Decay, which was good, but imo could still be improved. The concept/idea was amazing, but still not used to its full potental. How I remember it, (havent listened to it in quite a while) the album sounds a bit samey.

i agree that they didn't really exploit all their ideas. but it was a promising start, perhaps now they'll offer more.
----

31.03.2008 - 21:44
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
i'm looking forward to the new release as well - "Instinct:Decay" is my only experience with the band, and i enjoy the album. i'm with y'all in hoping they continue to tread this new path.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.05.2008 - 19:12
Damnated
Churchburner
the new EP is not bad, although i can't say this is what i've expected. they've put more focus on the psychedelic elements, but they stepped back with this release. it sounds like their older stuff for the most of the time. perhaps the full-length will be more satisfying.
----

26.05.2008 - 12:08
TheBigRossowski
Good to see the change in heart over time. The first post from you Damnated said you didn't like them and slowly as I scrolled down you had more optimistic things to say about the band.

Instinct: Decay is the only album from them I have, but I'm hoping to check out the new one. We will see if we have the money! ID is definitely a killer album though! I got my friend into them a bit, but really I think he just liked the "catchy" sound of Eulogy IV. Its still a good song though.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
30.05.2008 - 05:27
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Instinct:Decay is a fuckin' killer album! "Seeds of the Suffering" is probably my favorite Nachtmystium song, along with "Worldfall." If the new album is anything like the Worldfall ep, it should be alright. Can't wait to hear it.
04.06.2008 - 12:22
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
I was utterly transifixed by Instinct: Decay when I first heard it. Very much looking forward to the new one. Been searching daily for leaks but no luck so far.
15.06.2008 - 01:11
Damnated
Churchburner
after listening to the new album about 5 times, i'm certain that i like it, despite the overwhelming alternative influences. the various experimentations turned out great imo, and they pushed the psychedelia even further. almost nothing black metal left, but considering that their black metal albums were total crap, the change is good.
----

15.06.2008 - 03:51
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
i like it as well after three. still need to give it a few more spins to better define what i like and what i don't.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.06.2008 - 08:04
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I just gave them a listen via myspace, and they're okay. Most USBM is just sub-par.
24.06.2008 - 22:31
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
aren't they sorta a Blackadelia band like second wave black metal mixed with psychedelic...cos that sounds freakin awesome!

im gonna go and download
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
29.06.2008 - 02:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
There's a little too many psychedelic or instrumentals on the new album, which I see as mostly filler. Seasick, Pt. 2: Oceanborne is good though, and the saxophone works really well. You would think that it would be out of place, but it sounds quite natural. I haven't listened to Instinct: Decay in probably about a year so I don't know how they compare, but the new album is definitely better than their first two shitty albums.
08.07.2008 - 13:26
Damnated
Churchburner
some videos with the band recording the new album. http://blogs.guitarworld.com/metalkult/in-the-studio/nachtmystium/
----

15.07.2008 - 16:55
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
does anyone know of any european/UK tour they might be doing? i've looked everywhere for news of one but all i got was they are supporting opeth in their n. american tour...

i got the new album and i really liked and i really would love to see them live, but i havent heard anything about them coming here..
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
18.07.2008 - 10:22
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
^ ^ ^
You missed ,check the link :
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=32764
----
28.07.2008 - 22:33
i think that the new album is fine i didn't expect anything that good
27.05.2009 - 11:39
Nehbandani
Account deleted
I heard the album "Assassins..". I like it very much. Do you know similar albums from other bands with same style?