Metal Storm logo
Shakes & Fidget: The Game (parody RPG)

03.07.2013 - 21:32
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
I found this browser RPG parody a couple years back and started playing it (got pretty addicted too), played for about a month and then had to stop because I lost my internet access, and back then they didn't have an app created for smartphones. I recently discovered they had created a smartphone app sometime ago and started playing again. It's pretty fun, and rather addicting.

The game is a browser RPG parody game. It can be played for free or you can purchase mushrooms to use for purchasing in-game items or extending how much time you can spend going on quests or how often you can dungeon dive and/or attack other players. The cool thing about it is when you go on "quests" you don't actually control the character and tell them where to go and what to do, you select one of three quests offered to you by a quest giver at the tavern and based on the amount of experience and gold the quest giver is offering, per quest, there is a timer that counts down. So you don't have to focus on the game constantly to play, you can just select the quest and then walk away for the designated amount of time the quest takes. You can either play on a computer or download the app for free on your smartphone and set it to notify you when the quests are finished so you know when to pick up your phone and select a new quest, attack another player or go on a dungeon raid. You can also attack other players, create or join guilds, attack other guilds, and go on dungeon raids (both alone and/or with your guild). It has a leveling system, and you can acquire or purchase items that boost armor and class-specific traits just like a standard RPG.

It's really quite a fun game (and addicting) and I thought I'd share about it here and also see if perhaps there are other Stormtroopers who play. If there are enough of us who do play then perhaps we could create a Metal Storm guild and play together.

If anyone is interested in trying it out, here is the url: http://www.sfgame.us/

If any decide to try it out, or already play, and want to look me up my name is the same as here on MS (psykometal) and I play on server/welt 9.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

04.07.2013 - 02:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Shakes and Fidget? Sounds like a game made by someone with Parkinson's....
04.07.2013 - 21:07
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
That's the names of the 2 NPC characters which are the mascots of the game. Shakes (human) runs the Weapon Shop and Fidget (gnome) runs the Magic Shop.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~