Metal Storm logo
Favorite Debut Album From The Big Four Of Thrash

Original post

Posted by Dangerboner, 01.01.2007 - 02:11
I thought about making this poll a long time ago, but I hesitated because I can't make up my mind. The debuts from Megadeth and Metallica are really good, but I'm especially fond of the first albums of Anthrax and Slayer. Fistful of Metal is one my favorite albums from them because it's extemely fast, catchy, and energetic, with great songs such as Deathrider and Metal Thrashing Mad. The riffs and solos are great, the drumming is fast, the vocals are insane, and the bass lines are awesome. However, Slayer's Shown No Mercy is also an amazing album... maybe my second favorite from them. All the songs are very catchy and inspired, with amazing riffs and solos. The drumming is a little bland, but the guitar work makes up for any downfalls. uuuuuhhhh... I think I'll vote for Slayer.

Poll

Which one is your favorite?

Metallica- Kill 'Em All
Slayer- Show No Mercy
Megadeth- Killing is my Business...
Anthrax- Fistful of Metal

Total votes: 376
28.06.2010 - 00:32
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
^^ lol i agree.
Kill em all ftw, even thought i like megadeth's it just isnt as good (in my opinion).
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
30.06.2010 - 17:28
Black_Sheep
I can't believe how many of you voted Metallica...

Slayer wins this one easily. Altough i like Megadeth more, but their debut albums just isn't that good.
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
30.06.2010 - 20:19
Forver just METALLICA
01.07.2010 - 10:51
MetalFist
Account deleted
Metallica all the way! This is a great album with amazing riff's as well as Cliff's Signature track Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth), this deserves No 1 spot.
09.08.2010 - 16:57
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Just like if you add children of bodom to an extreme power metal battle cob always wins, its the same with metallica, i voted kimb
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.08.2010 - 10:50
Weaponz248
Fuck metallica! No but seriously tough choice but im going to have to go with Megadeth...Mustaine's guitar is awesome.
12.08.2010 - 10:57
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
Written by Weaponz248 on 12.08.2010 at 10:50

Fuck metallica! No but seriously tough choice but im going to have to go with Megadeth...Mustaine's guitar is awesome.

what the fuck?
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
12.08.2010 - 11:36
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Elyar S. on 12.08.2010 at 10:57

Written by Weaponz248 on 12.08.2010 at 10:50

what the fuck?

What's wrong?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
03.09.2010 - 15:00
Kill'em all without any doubt...
06.09.2010 - 23:14
ProjectEndgame
Account deleted
I'd go with Killing Is My Business. Kill 'em All in second.

Killing Is My Business was a good debut, but after releasing Peace Sells, SFSGSW and Rust In Peace, it got BURIED in the fame the other three albums got. It just couldn't match up.
Show No Mercy is awesome as well but it's the same thing with Megadeth. Except with Reign In Blood. It was known as their BEST album (I think) and as awesome the album is, again, it couldn't match up at all to it.
Fistful Of Metal (if anything) was like a startup album (IMO). It was good, then Anthrax created more albums adding to the collection, being better than the first one. Kinda the same thing with Metallica's Kill 'Em All. Then they released the black album...
20.09.2010 - 21:55
Reza
Account deleted
Kill 'Em All by far !
28.11.2010 - 18:07
JD
Account deleted
Metallica- Kill 'Em All with no doubt!
24.12.2010 - 03:43
Rob
I'd say "Kill 'em All...And Business is Good" since Mustaine wrote both CDs!! Dave & Megadeth all the way! Metallica has great music too, but they are such whiners.
24.12.2010 - 04:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Rob on 24.12.2010 at 03:43

I'd say "Kill 'em All...And Business is Good" since Mustaine wrote both CDs!! Dave & Megadeth all the way! Metallica has great music too, but they are such whiners.

lmfao... calling metallica "whiners' in a two sentence post which also mentions Megadave... you need all the cheese of France AND Wisconsin to eat along with 25 years of his whining.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.12.2010 - 11:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
And since when did Dave write Kill 'em All. He co-wrote some songs, that's it. People nowadays really seem to give Dave too much credit for the early Metallica sound. Hell, he wasn't even an original member, unlike what some like to believe.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.12.2010 - 01:24
Guib
Thrash Talker
I love how people get their judgement's influenced by what the bands became later on ... The battle is about their debut -_- so please just don't mention anything else I believe everyone will agree that from the beginning they were all fucking awesome.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
29.12.2010 - 01:41
bandido
KILL EM ALL!!!!
----
"Rockin' every single piece of metal..."
29.12.2010 - 04:20
ForeverDarkWoods
I'm gonna pick Show No Mercy for this one. Easily the best out of these as well as the best thing Slayer ever released. Actually, I think it's my favourite big four album overall. In general, I think the big four isn't the top tier among the early thrash bands though.

Not denying their influence, just saying that in general they're not that very enjoyable to listen to.

Metallica - Peaked with Ride The Lightning which is their only release I would deem as being close to the excellency which it is being hailed as possessing. Not denying the influence, but most of their releases are quite dull. Only the debut and Ride The Lightning stand out as good to me.

Megadeth - Mostly, Megadeth isn't very good. Killing Is My Business is quite nice and the two that followed after it were decent. I pretty much could live without the rest of the stuff though. Maybe it just never clicked with me is all, I don't know. I have however given it a multitude of chances over the last 6 years or so to do so.

Slayer - Best band in the bunch IMO. Released three excellent albums and two decent in that order. Show No Mercy tops the list. There are, however, thrash bands which are both better and more consistent.

Anthrax - Released some decent stuff, and I quite like Spreading The Disease. Otherwise, they're really not that special. For every one of the better Anthrax releases, there's a better Overkill release you could put on instead.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
30.12.2010 - 07:51
The_Slayer
Had to pick Show no Mercy on this one. Haven't really heard Anthrax's Fistful of Metal. This was a hard one for me because I really love KIMB and Kill 'em All but to me Show no Mercy has more of a punk edge to it and more classics (Tormentor, Antichrist, Final Command, Crionics)
03.01.2011 - 20:08
CzirjakMan
I went more in terms of musicianship. Have you ever sat down and tried to play stuff from Killing is My Business? As far as 80's, it's a technical masterpiece. I might've said Kill Em All but Mustaine wrote something like 3 quarters of that album so that hardly counts as Metallica's
04.01.2011 - 07:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by CzirjakMan on 03.01.2011 at 20:08

but Mustaine wrote something like 3 quarters of that album

No he did not. He co-wrote a bit and then mostly the solos.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.04.2011 - 00:28
blacktooth85
Written by Elyar S. on 23.06.2010 at 20:31

Written by Zombie on 23.06.2010 at 19:55

Machine head's debut "Burn my eyes" kicks the big four's in the nuts.

I have to use some drugs to think like you!

OK i like Machine Head and Burn my Eyes is awesome, but to say they're better than the Big 4 debuts is just fuckin retarded,

I voted Show No Mercy. Killing is my Business is a close 2nd. Kill em All is killer too. But i just get sick of all the kiss ass Metallica fanboys.
02.04.2011 - 01:37
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Dontcha know that Killing! Is my business! And business is good! KimB all the way. Kill'em comes in a close second. Anthrax's and Slayer's debut's are far cry's from the greatness both bands would later achieve.
02.04.2011 - 18:22
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
I never cared for Kill 'em All! Killing is My Business, however, is fucking awesome. Definately got my vote.
03.04.2011 - 04:27
renai
It will be only Kill 'em All hands down. but isn't this also a .... compliment to Dave Mustaine?? ;p
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
05.04.2011 - 08:19
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
It has to be Kill' em All for me, with Show No Mercy as a close second.

Despite it being my preferred debut album, Metallica are my least preferred band from this list.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
05.04.2011 - 15:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by renai on 03.04.2011 at 04:27

It will be only Kill 'em All hands down. but isn't this also a .... compliment to Dave Mustaine?? ;p

not really. Why? He only co-wrote a couple of songs and solo's. The largest bulk was written by the other Metallica members. And some song were already written before Mustaine joined.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.04.2011 - 14:23
Beheaded Prophet
Account deleted
I say Kill 'em all, This album was groundbreaking in terms of the thrash metal sound back in '83.

It also influenced thousands of bands to do thrash metal too.
13.04.2011 - 19:25
VloRD
Kill 'em all just shook the world of music. Metal up yer ass!
----
21.04.2011 - 20:02
Balthazine
Tough choice between killing is my business and Kill em' all. But I have to go with Kill 'em all on this one.
----
Sometimes in metal they have called me:
The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner -I write articles on metal in the MN area for Examiner.com
The Metal Detector -A history of digging up old forgotten metal bands
Thrash Master -Famous for my Walls O' Thrash