01. By Endurance We Conquer
02. No Peace Beyond The Line
03. The Hands Of Time Are Bleeding
04. Trinity
05. Four Candles Burning
06. The Coward's Path
07. Cast Out All Raging Spirits
08. Beyond The Martyrs

If you read my review of their previous album, you know I love them. If you didn't and you don't know the band, stop being uncool and go listen to it. Classic heavy/doom metal doesn't get better than this.

Daniell's picks | More picks ››

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 162 users
28.10.2013 - 10:55
Rating: 8
Daniell
_爱情_
I think it's slightly less impressive than their previous, but great anyway. The band deserves wide recognition. Why that is not the case is beyond me.
28.10.2013 - 11:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 28.10.2013 at 10:55

I think it's slightly less impressive than their previous, but great anyway. The band deserves wide recognition. Why that is not the case is beyond me.

To me these guys sound like Slough Feg, another great band who deserve far more recognition.
28.10.2013 - 11:43
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Guest on 28.10.2013 at 11:19

To me these guys sound like Slough Feg, another great band who deserve far more recognition.

Exactly. Especially their older albums (I think they were called The Lord Weird Slough Feg back then) are pure gold.

Another band that's equally great, and is actually connected to Slough Feg is Hammers of Misfortune. I'm sure you know them, but should you not, make sure to check at least "The August Engine" and "The Locust Years".
28.10.2013 - 11:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I really love Argus on album but live they are even a lot better. One of the best live bands I have seen in quite a while. They totally slayed last week at Dutch Doom Days and their cover of Maiden's Phantom Of The Opera was beyond jaw dropping. SOmehow Brian 'Butch' Balich's vocals sound live even better than on album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.10.2013 - 22:14
Diverge

This release is really growing on me. I'm not really into traditional heavy metal/doom, but Butch's vocal performance is astounding.
31.10.2013 - 10:08
dougver1

Absolutely excellent! I'd hope for no less from such a great band.
01.11.2013 - 04:57
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Butch's style reminds me of Harry Conklin a bit, even if his voice isn't entirely similar, which is a plus. The rest of the music sits well with me, like a mix of Slough Feg and Grand Magus kind of heavy metal. Awesome.
25.11.2013 - 21:10
Rating: 9
crucifiedjesus

As good as "boldly stride the doom" loving every minute of it. I can also hear some slough feg in the guitar work which is a good thing as slough feg are one of the best band ever imo
26.11.2013 - 19:45
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

Good album, though some songs are notable weaker musically AND vocally than others. The general sound here is epic, solid but never too pretentious. The vocals on the first few songs are somewhat powerful but for me wear a little thin on 'The hands of time are bleeding' and 'Four candles burning', yet thankfully the rhythm section is crunchy enough to overlook that. I really liked the consistency of both 'Trinity' and 'No peace beyond the line' too.
21.10.2016 - 20:51
Rating: 9
Joppe
Steelemeister
Strong album, it sounds to me that this one and the 2nd album are improvement from the debut, which is good too.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 5942 | This month: 12