Metal Storm logo
Those Songs Which Get On My Nerves

These are the ones that my ears are allergic to them. Gradually I'll make this list longer.

Oh and please check out the songs I mentioned, it's not about the bands, but the songs.

Created by: angel. | 07.11.2013

1. HammerFall
Hearts On Fire, damn this one has got the most annoying chorus ever. It is enough to hear only 10 seconds of the song and the whole chorus will be repeating on my brain for days.
2. Anathema
Lost Control, I'm just allergic to this one.
3. Steelheart
She's Gone, too many high-pitched notes, phrases or words are repeated several times.
4. Blind Guardian
The Bard's Song
5. Yngwie Malmsteen
Alone In Paradise, the intro makes me to hit forehead every time I hear it.
6. Katatonia
My Twin
7. Megadeth
She-Wolf and A Tout Le Mond
8. Opeth
Harvest and In My Time of Need
9. Tiamat
Gaia
10. Metallica
Turn the Page, Whiskey In The Jar
11. Sentenced
Vengeance Is Mine
12. Ozzy Osbourne
Dreamer
13. Stratovarius
Eternity
14. Avantasia
Farewell , Avantasia
15. Nightwish
Wish I Had an Angel, Wishmaster
16. Dream Theater
Another Day, At first spin the song sounds OK but after some plays it really can get on nerves.
17. Iron Maiden
Bring Your Daughter To Slaughter, Holy Smoke as much as I enjoy and love Iron Maiden I dislike No Prayer For The Dying album and especially these two songs which sound funny to me.
18. Within Temptation
Stand My Ground
19. Bullet For My Valentine
Tears Don't Fall
20. Black Sabbath
Heaven and Hell
21. System Of A Down
Fuck The System
22. Kamelot
Sin
23. Demons And Wizards
The Crimson King

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by angel. ]

Comments page 3 / 6

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 154   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 225 users
10.11.2013 - 12:50
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Erik M. on 09.11.2013 at 23:28

I see. Well, it all comes down to opinions whether music is annoying or not. I expected you to hate that Kamelot song though, haha. Also, "god of metal"? Well thanks, but it's hardly appropriate as many MS users know far more about metal than me.

no god of metal wasn't directed at you, it's god of metal in general, I'm not referring it to anyone
----
The Fangirl.
10.11.2013 - 15:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It will be matter of personal choices. So conflicts will be banal here. If my power of opinion to get cashed in, I strongly feel Eluveitie's Slania song, SOAD - Fuck The System, Slayer - Raining Blood, Godflesh - Streetcleaner should be recommended.

But, good stack of songs here.
10.11.2013 - 17:34
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2013 at 15:22

It will be matter of personal choices. So conflicts will be banal here. If my power of opinion to get cashed in, I strongly feel Eluveitie's Slania song, SOAD - Fuck The System, Slayer - Raining Blood, Godflesh - Streetcleaner and loads more.

But, good stack of songs here.

of course it is matter of personal choices still there are some songs that are so clearly annoying, but yeah all of this depends mostly on someone's taste.
Eluveitie-Slania's Song, is just a very boring song, but doesn't sound anything like a really cheesy one which can get on nerves.
Salyer-Raining Blood, well this one actually sounds awesome to me
Godflesh-Street Cleaner, I am not familiar with this band at all, but again I can't tag this song as a annoying one which gets on nerves :/
SOAD-Fuck The System, yeah I agree on this one.Not just because of the vocals.
----
The Fangirl.
10.11.2013 - 18:02
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Agree with pretty much everything on this list, and Hearts On Fire really takes the cake for annoying earworms. But Heaven And Hell, really?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
10.11.2013 - 18:02
Erik M.
Written by angel. on 10.11.2013 at 12:50

no god of metal wasn't directed at you, it's god of metal in general, I'm not referring it to anyone

You were replying to me, so just admit it was in fact directed at me. And due to the inclusion of Kamelot - Sin you got my +1 as well, even though I disagree with Opeth and Tiamat's songs. But that doesn't matter because there are loads of power/heavy metal bands here and I generally hate those as well and thus agree with most on this list.
10.11.2013 - 18:07
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Auntie Sahar on 10.11.2013 at 18:02

Agree with pretty much everything on this list, and Hearts On Fire really takes the cake for annoying earworms. But Heaven And Hell, really?

yeah, read what Marcel explained in previous page, he explained it very well better than I can write it down here, seriously it's a bad song that can easily get on my nerves, especially from the middle of song still you may not agree anyway :/

Yeah same for me "Hearts on Fire" is seriously the worst one.
----
The Fangirl.
10.11.2013 - 18:10
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by angel. on 10.11.2013 at 18:07

read what Marcel explained in previous page, he explained it very well better than I can write it down here

I see what you guys mean. Indeed, I have seen live footage of them stretching out the "on and on and on" part and it does get quite irritating
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
10.11.2013 - 21:26
mz
The first track of Aluk Todolo - Occult Rock is really on my nervous. It not only does not fit the overall atmosphere of record, but also is a bad track and not on par with the rest of record quality wise. Don't know why they included it on that album :/
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
10.11.2013 - 21:43
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by mz on 10.11.2013 at 21:26

The first track of Aluk Todolo - Occult Rock is really on my nervous. It not only does not fit the overall atmosphere of record, but also is a bad track and not on par with the rest of record quality wise. Don't know why they included it on that album :/

although I rather to add the cheese that are very common and everyone have heard them before at least once, but this one is added because of real allergy it can bring to my ears, argh !

Edit : No wait I changed my mind, you know because I think when I am not familiar with a band and their sound, I am not allowed to judge them by hearing them only once, and this one that you mentioned,I am not familiar with the genre either , so maybe I can not judge them well when my ears are not even familiar enough with the genre itself.
----
The Fangirl.
10.11.2013 - 22:46
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Irritable Ted on 10.11.2013 at 22:40

Have you been listening to my iPod? Loads of my favs are on your list.

Yeah I was stalking the cheese on your iPod for a long time
----
The Fangirl.
10.11.2013 - 23:29
Uldreth
Written by angel. on 09.11.2013 at 18:17

That's it ? really ?! hahaha, you just bombard me with so many points I don't know which one I should reply, give me some time until I can reply back for now I just say that "Harvest" with no clear reason gets on my nerves, I have no clear explanation for it, I think the song structure is annoying for me, the clean rhythm guitars :/ the melodies and then vocals, but if an interesting female vocal could be added to it, then maybe it would be more tolerable for me. Argh how much I dislike those guitars.

Hahahah, looks like our tastes in this are very different, I'd think Harvest would annoy me if it was sung by a female vocalist .

I think there is a song off Watershed that is quite similiar to Harvest, don't remember which one, I kinda need to revisit Opeth's newer stuff (I am mainly into Orchid/Morningrise) and that one I did find annoying because Akerfeldt vocals changed a bit there and some vocal melodies just come out in a way that annoys me but not for Harvest.
11.11.2013 - 13:52
mz
Written by angel. on 10.11.2013 at 21:43

although I rather to add the cheese that are very common and everyone have heard them before at least once, but this one is added because of real allergy it can bring to my ears, argh !

Edit : No wait I changed my mind, you know because I think when I am not familiar with a band and their sound, I am not allowed to judge them by hearing them only once, and this one that you mentioned,I am not familiar with the genre either , so maybe I can not judge them well when my ears are not even familiar enough with the genre itself.

You can judge genres/bands you are not familiar with since you just want to know which songs you don't like from them and not compare them with other bands objectively
----
11.11.2013 - 15:51
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by mz on 11.11.2013 at 13:52

You can judge genres/bands you are not familiar with since you just want to know which songs you don't like from them and not compare them with other bands objectively

No I don't mean to judge the band by comparing the sound to other ones, I was trying to say that it is risky to judge a sound by one song,especially the one you posted, I suppose some sounds get on nerves because of just being unfamiliar with them, my ears are not familiar with that style, maybe I can't stand that song because I don't like the style though this is not true always.Look I don't like power metal sound either, but some songs among this genre get extremely on nerves because of song structure. :/ I just implied two paradoxical point.
----
The Fangirl.
11.11.2013 - 15:54
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Uldreth on 10.11.2013 at 23:29

I think there is a song off Watershed that is quite similiar to Harvest, don't remember which one, I kinda need to revisit Opeth's newer stuff (I am mainly into Orchid/Morningrise) and that one I did find annoying because Akerfeldt vocals changed a bit there and some vocal melodies just come out in a way that annoys me but not for Harvest.

"Burden" ? or "Coil" ?
same here I'm into early days of Opeth more.
----
The Fangirl.
11.11.2013 - 16:02
Uldreth
Written by angel. on 11.11.2013 at 15:54

Written by Uldreth on 10.11.2013 at 23:29

"Burden" ? or "Coil" ?
same here I'm into early days of Opeth more.

I think it was Porceain Heart.
11.11.2013 - 16:05
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Uldreth on 11.11.2013 at 16:02

I think it was Porceain Heart.

yeah maybe in the first half of song but in the middle the style changes and it's nothing close to "Harvest".
----
The Fangirl.
11.11.2013 - 16:12
mz
Written by angel. on 11.11.2013 at 15:51

No I don't mean to judge the band by comparing the sound to other ones, I was trying to say that it is risky to judge a sound by one song,especially the one you posted, I suppose some sounds get on nerves because of just being unfamiliar with them, my ears are not familiar with that style, maybe I can't stand that song because I don't like the style though this is not true always.Look I don't like power metal sound either, but some songs among this genre get extremely on nerves because of song structure. :/ I just implied two paradoxical point.

Aha, fair enough. I just wanted to say that the first track of that album does not really fit and is rather sharp, in contrast to somehow soothing (for the lack of better word) theme of other ones.
----
11.11.2013 - 18:22
JohnDoe
Account deleted
What's wrong with Gaia by Tiamat?
11.11.2013 - 18:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 11.11.2013 at 18:22

it just gets on her nerves I know a lot of people who are of the same opinion when it comes to Gaia (and NO I am not one of those people hahaha)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.11.2013 - 20:13
angel.
Evil Butterfly

like Marcel said it gets on my nerves,
if it doesn't get on your nerves, maybe something is wrong with your nerves.
----
The Fangirl.
11.11.2013 - 21:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by angel. on 11.11.2013 at 20:13

So, you're implying something's wrong with my nerves?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.11.2013 - 21:15
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.11.2013 at 21:13

So, you're implying something's wrong with my nerves?

haha YES ! If "Gaia" doesn't get on your nerves, visit a neurologist ASAP.
----
The Fangirl.
11.11.2013 - 21:29
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 11.11.2013 at 20:13

like Marcel said it gets on my nerves,

ok then, why does the song annoy you?
12.11.2013 - 07:12
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 11.11.2013 at 21:29

ok then, why does the song annoy you?

That terrible kind of intro, no I DON'T hate minor sounding melodies for intros but not like this, terrible choice of sound.Then those bad vocals enters which are so unfitting for that song ... slowly all of this will be going on till the end.
----
The Fangirl.
12.11.2013 - 07:20
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Since some days ago that I made the list I started to listening to some of these songs more often !
----
The Fangirl.
12.11.2013 - 10:36
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Making lists is a strange thing. Why people make them in the first place beats me. But why they make negative lists beats me even more. I think I'll make a list of songs that make my cat vomit. I don't own a cat, but that's beside the point.
12.11.2013 - 17:23
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Daniell on 12.11.2013 at 10:36

Making lists is a strange thing. Why people make them in the first place beats me. But why they make negative lists beats me even more. I think I'll make a list of songs that make my cat vomit. I don't own a cat, but that's beside the point.

I don't know really why I made this bullshit list and I feel ashamed.
----
The Fangirl.
12.11.2013 - 18:02
Nemo Atkins
Written by angel. on 12.11.2013 at 17:23

Written by Daniell on 12.11.2013 at 10:36

I don't know really why I made this bullshit list and I feel ashamed.

Seemed like a good idea at the time? It's why I made my second list (although, admittedly, I did have other reasons which I would like to keep to myself...).
12.11.2013 - 18:06
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Nemo Atkins on 12.11.2013 at 18:02

Seemed like a good idea at the time? It's why I made my second list (although, admittedly, I did have other reasons which I would like to keep to myself...).

yeah I guess you're right but apparently it is not a good idea :/ but I think the main purpose of these lists are about discussing music, at least for me, and actually that's why I'm here on MS, to talk about metal with metal fellows from all around the world.
----
The Fangirl.
12.11.2013 - 18:54
Nemo Atkins
Written by angel. on 12.11.2013 at 18:06

Written by Nemo Atkins on 12.11.2013 at 18:02

yeah I guess you're right but apparently it is not a good idea :/ but I think the main purpose of these lists are about discussing music, at least for me, and actually that's why I'm here on MS, to talk about metal with metal fellows from all around the world.

This is probably me being odd, but I find that any idea, no matter how bad it looks on paper, can be made into a good one, if the skills of the people putting it together are up to the task and they handle it well. Similarly, a good idea can be done poorly if the people putting it together aren't up to the task or handle it poorly. If you had to press me for an example, I'd probably say most prog bands tend to do the latter when they try to write a rock opera, as they usually come up with an amazing idea for a storyline (for the sake of providing an example, I'll use Dream Theater's "Scenes From A Memory"), but something about the execution lets it down (in this case, I find they write prog material on that album for the sake of being prog, rather than because the songs need to be that way).

And I'm pretty much on MS for the same reason as you are, as it's nice to chat with people about the same thing without necessarily having to go through a long and potentially awkward conversation, hoping to get to a common topic of conversation that might not even be there. I've had that experience a few times in face to face conversations (although, granted, I'm not the best speaker offline anyway)...

Hits total: 4014 | This month: 21