Metal Storm logo
Those Songs Which Get On My Nerves

These are the ones that my ears are allergic to them. Gradually I'll make this list longer.

Oh and please check out the songs I mentioned, it's not about the bands, but the songs.

Created by: angel. | 07.11.2013

1. HammerFall
Hearts On Fire, damn this one has got the most annoying chorus ever. It is enough to hear only 10 seconds of the song and the whole chorus will be repeating on my brain for days.
2. Anathema
Lost Control, I'm just allergic to this one.
3. Steelheart
She's Gone, too many high-pitched notes, phrases or words are repeated several times.
4. Blind Guardian
The Bard's Song
5. Yngwie Malmsteen
Alone In Paradise, the intro makes me to hit forehead every time I hear it.
6. Katatonia
My Twin
7. Megadeth
She-Wolf and A Tout Le Mond
8. Opeth
Harvest and In My Time of Need
9. Tiamat
Gaia
10. Metallica
Turn the Page, Whiskey In The Jar
11. Sentenced
Vengeance Is Mine
12. Ozzy Osbourne
Dreamer
13. Stratovarius
Eternity
14. Avantasia
Farewell , Avantasia
15. Nightwish
Wish I Had an Angel, Wishmaster
16. Dream Theater
Another Day, At first spin the song sounds OK but after some plays it really can get on nerves.
17. Iron Maiden
Bring Your Daughter To Slaughter, Holy Smoke as much as I enjoy and love Iron Maiden I dislike No Prayer For The Dying album and especially these two songs which sound funny to me.
18. Within Temptation
Stand My Ground
19. Bullet For My Valentine
Tears Don't Fall
20. Black Sabbath
Heaven and Hell
21. System Of A Down
Fuck The System
22. Kamelot
Sin
23. Demons And Wizards
The Crimson King

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by angel. ]

Comments page 5 / 6

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 154   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 225 users
17.11.2013 - 22:32
Erik M.
Written by Uldreth on 16.11.2013 at 19:43

Let's just say we really need half ratings

The problem with your rating scheme though is that it lacks an average rating. Like I said and you agreed, 6 should not be a negative rating. Now if I want to rate something 5.5 outside a review, I can rate it an 5 which would be a negative rating and does not reflect just "'average". Or can say 5.5 is rounded upwards, in which case 6 is pretty much equal to average and we are back where we were .

Yeah, let's just agree on that we need half ratings. I've always had this opinion by the way.
17.11.2013 - 22:44
Erik M.
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.11.2013 at 20:13

Words are arbitrary, ladies and gents. Perfection in regards to music is completely subjective. There is no such thing as a universally perfect album, so if you want to rate an album a 10, do so on the basis that said album is perfect to you.

Personally I've never come across a perfect album because every album I've ever listened to has at least some flaw. I just hand out 10s to albums whose flaws are the least prominent compared to other albums I've heard.

I agree with most of what you wrote, except that, like you said, there's always some minor flaw which makes sure an album cannot be perfect even when you judge it totally subjectively. However, if there isn't a single flaw then it can be perfect for one person. But yes, true perfection of an album (objectively) is of course impossible so that's why I think the 10-rating here on MS is wrong and should have the tag "masterpiece" and not "perfect". I also hand out quite a lot of 10's (22 out of 400+ votes) and barely, if any, of those I would consider perfect as in 10.0 score, so the highest I'd go would be 9.9.
27.11.2013 - 19:48
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Blind Guardian-The Bard's Song #4
----
The Fangirl.
27.01.2014 - 15:01
Zap
I like a few of these songs, but I will definitely agree on "À Tout Le Monde." Dave can't pronounce French to save his life.
27.01.2014 - 15:17
JohnDoe
Account deleted
In My Time of Need and Heaven & Hell have never annoyed me.

I do agree on some of your choices though. And i add some more if I may:

Any GnR ballad, unbearable to listen to these days.
Listened to Aerosmith's I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing at a friend's house.It nearly gave me a headache.
Manowar - Fighting the World especially (and many others)
Sepultura - Roots Bloody Roots - it was ok for a while but I can't stand the song anymore.
Metallica - the 2 ballads on the black album
27.01.2014 - 19:48
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Zap on 27.01.2014 at 15:01

I like a few of these songs, but I will definitely agree on "À Tout Le Monde." Dave can't pronounce French to save his life.

Actually who can pronounce French words
----
The Fangirl.
27.01.2014 - 19:50
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 27.01.2014 at 15:17

In My Time of Need and Heaven & Hell have never annoyed me.

I do agree on some of your choices though. And i add some more if I may:

Any GnR ballad, unbearable to listen to these days.
Listened to Aerosmith's I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing at a friend's house.It nearly gave me a headache.
Manowar - Fighting the World especially (and many others)
Sepultura - Roots Bloody Roots - it was ok for a while but I can't stand the song anymore.
Metallica - the 2 ballads on the black album

Well that was the effect those songs had on my nerves.

Of course you can add some, but let me hear them to find out if they have the same effect on my nerves.
----
The Fangirl.
27.01.2014 - 20:33
Zap
Written by angel. on 27.01.2014 at 19:48

Well, I don't want to brag, but... I can
or at least, my pronunciation isn't horrible. Probably has to do with it being my second language and all.
27.01.2014 - 21:20
Erik M.
Written by angel. on 27.01.2014 at 19:48

It's not that hard really, even for a Dutchman such as myself who can barely speak French it's pretty easy.
27.01.2014 - 21:21
Erik M.
Written by Zap on 27.01.2014 at 20:33

Well, I don't want to brag, but... I can
or at least, my pronunciation isn't horrible. Probably has to do with it being my second language and all.

Second language? Then what about English?
27.01.2014 - 21:21
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Erik M. on 27.01.2014 at 21:20

It's not that hard really, even for a Dutchman such as myself who can barely speak French it's pretty easy.

Because your first language is a bit harder than French.
----
The Fangirl.
27.01.2014 - 21:22
Erik M.
Written by angel. on 27.01.2014 at 21:21

Because your first language is a bit harder than French.

Is it? I'm not sure, but I'll take your word for it.
27.01.2014 - 22:13
Zap
Written by Erik M. on 27.01.2014 at 21:21

Second language? Then what about English?

Technically, French is my second language since it's taught earlier in school than English, but I'm slightly more fluent in English.
02.03.2014 - 18:55
Gawain
Account deleted
Oh my GOD, you hate Gaia? that was my favorite song for like a month when I started listening to metal :S
02.03.2014 - 19:00
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 02.03.2014 at 18:55

Oh my GOD, you hate Gaia? that was my favorite song for like a month when I started listening to metal :S

No I don't hate it, my ears are just allergic to such structure and every time I listen to it, it echoes in my head thousands of times so annoyingly.
----
The Fangirl.
02.03.2014 - 19:03
Gawain
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 02.03.2014 at 19:00

Written by Guest on 02.03.2014 at 18:55

No I don't hate it, my ears are just allergic to such structure and every time I listen to it, it echoes in my head thousands of times so annoyingly.

you destroyed my heart with these words
07.03.2014 - 21:53
Erik M.
Written by angel. on 02.03.2014 at 19:00

my ears are just allergic to such structure and every time I listen to it, it echoes in my head thousands of times so annoyingly.

That seems like a fitting description of hating something if you ask me.
07.03.2014 - 22:03
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Erik M. on 07.03.2014 at 21:53

That seems like a fitting description of hating something if you ask me.

is it ?
----
The Fangirl.
07.03.2014 - 22:32
Erik M.
Written by angel. on 07.03.2014 at 22:03

is it ?

I would say so, yes.
21.11.2014 - 20:27
Diverge
+1 for Whiskey in the Jar
21.11.2014 - 20:29
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Diverge on 21.11.2014 at 20:27

+1 for Whiskey in the Jar

You're my friend from now on.
----
The Fangirl.
22.05.2020 - 19:17
Metren
Dreadrealm
I wish I could give you several thumb ups for putting Hammerfall at no 1. Most annoying band ever for me. Every single song of theirs gets on my nerves because they put literally 0 effort into being original or creative. Good list. The only problem is there's not enough Hammerfall.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
22.05.2020 - 19:32
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Metren on 22.05.2020 at 19:17

I wish I could give you several thumb ups for putting Hammerfall at no 1. Most annoying band ever for me. Every single song of theirs gets on my nerves because they put literally 0 effort into being original or creative. Good list. The only problem is there's not enough Hammerfall.

Hahahaha thank you and I giggled out loud ! You know what's so interesting ? That such terrible band got this known and this much of attention! I mean if I was a festival organizer , I would have preferred to go bankrupt than inviting them to my festival!
----
The Fangirl.
22.05.2020 - 20:33
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Mentioning Harvest automatically voids this list. Sorry.
22.05.2020 - 20:45
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Guest on 22.05.2020 at 20:33

It's the weakest song by far on Blackwater Park imo. So, I can kind of understand why it would get on someone's nerves considering it is a lowpoint on an otherwise almost perfect masterwork.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
22.05.2020 - 20:49
JoHn Doe
I agree with your number one, that's one of HammerFall's worst songs.
But Gaia by Tiamat?! Why? I think that's a great song.

Wish I Had an Angel is cringy for me, too.
Bring your Daughter... - I've grown tired of it.
That Malmsteen ballad is rather lame, i agree.
The Steelheart ballad - show off-ish vocalist can ruin a song
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
22.05.2020 - 21:09
angel.
Evil Butterfly

How so?!
----
The Fangirl.
22.05.2020 - 21:10
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Metren on 22.05.2020 at 20:45

It's the weakest song by far on Blackwater Park imo. So, I can kind of understand why it would get on someone's nerves considering it is a lowpoint on an otherwise almost perfect masterwork.

Perfectly said! That's all I was about to answer!
----
The Fangirl.
22.05.2020 - 21:11
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by JoHn Doe on 22.05.2020 at 20:49

I agree with your number one, that's one of HammerFall's worst songs.
But Gaia by Tiamat?! Why? I think that's a great song.

Wish I Had an Angel is cringy for me, too.
Bring your Daughter... - I've grown tired of it.
That Malmsteen ballad is rather lame, i agree.
The Steelheart ballad - show off-ish vocalist can ruin a song

hahahahaha I wish he didn't have an angel so we didn't have to listen to that song about it.

Oh about Gaia, this is what I wrote before: That terrible kind of intro, no I DON'T hate minor sounding melodies for intros but not like this, terrible choice of sound.Then those bad vocals enters which are so unfitting for that song ... slowly all of this will be going on till the end
----
The Fangirl.
22.05.2020 - 21:34
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 22.05.2020 at 21:09

How so?!

Because Blackwater Park as a whole is a heinously overrated album and Harvest is one of the few good songs on it. It's also my favorite Opeth song.

Hits total: 4019 | This month: 26