Metal Storm logo
Motorsports

Original post

Posted by EddieGunner, 17.01.2007 - 15:34
well im sure we have some motorosports fans here at forum,
there so manny moto sport i like, fav is F1 offcours and Ferarri with Kimi now,
also i like World Rally Chamnpionship
im big fun os finnish drivers, in WRC is Gronholm, F1 is Kimi, Dakar Harry Vatanen who out

so waht do u think about motorosports and stuff
do we even need this topic
13.06.2011 - 00:42
Malphas
The Le Mans 24 hours race is always a spectacle...and every year such crashes are inevitable with different car classes on the same track...

to the F1.... put the orange shirts on!!! "a hell of a race", a bit over 4 hours (all inclusive), Lewis screwed it up again :S he should stop thinking about his career as a superstar and start thinking as a race driver, clear the head of any unimportant thoughts, not think about anything that could distract him, just concentrate and drive races...that exactly what he's not doing right now and that's where his mistake is :S

on the other hand the man of the race without any doubt: the "tire whisperer" Jenson Button...with 3 small crashes, one flat tire, one drive through penalty and still managed to grab the win. An amazing last stint where after the flat tire, 20 laps before the end he was 21st and last, and overtook every single car on the track. Unbelievable, congratulations to Jenson

BUT the stewards have a lot of work to do now, a lot of incidents to look at, a lot of decisions to make...and we can only HOPE that Jenson won't get a +20 sec penalty or something similar for the Hamilton and Alonso crashes :S
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
22.06.2011 - 17:44
Malphas
You forgot this guy

----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
23.06.2011 - 00:25
Malphas
My mistake

btw i haven't seen the movie yet, in fact i had already forgotten about it but now that u mention it...what is the exact name of the movie? and...like u said i know hot it's gonna end..and i don't like that part :S if he only didn't go to williams in 1994...he had an austrian flag in his cockpit that he was going to wave after the race in memory of Roland Ratzenberger, but never got the chance to do so...2 deats in 2 days in the imola weekend 1994 :S R.I.P Ayrton and Roland
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
17.10.2011 - 11:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 17.10.2011 at 10:47

I'm so sorry Dan. You were the driver that I followed for years in IRL. RIP.

Saw the crash on tv on the news broadcast here couple of times this morning.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2011 - 14:06
Malphas
What a mess, 15 cars involved...he won the indy 500 earlier this year at the age of 33 R.I.P
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
18.10.2011 - 03:28
MetalSpider
RIP Dan Wheldon...so sad! He was a great driver!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
23.10.2011 - 23:36
Vikcen
Metálico
R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli...
24.10.2011 - 15:45
Malphas
Wow wtf is going on lately!? :S
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
26.10.2011 - 17:22
Malphas
Yeah...you are absolutely right...
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
26.10.2011 - 21:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
So many people dying in these sports lately, it's sad. I like driving my car but that's it
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.12.2011 - 00:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 26.10.2011 at 21:21

So many people dying in these sports lately, it's sad. I like driving my car but that's it

nobody cares about ppl whoi dies in car accident only maybe if they are VIP or well known, otherwise no
I know 3 ppl who died, whit out parents and local reporters (need a story) non cares

Anyway
There will be champions leuage in speedway http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsida.aspx?programid=179&grupp=7514&artikel=4826296
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.06.2012 - 13:50
Malphas
Just as you would expect form Le Mans, Anthony has two broken vertebrae so it's too early to say how serious it is right now
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
09.07.2012 - 11:52
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Currently rooting for Force India F1 team.. and Kimi Raikonen
17.03.2013 - 17:57
Malphas
Red bull seemed like they would be very....VERY dominant after the qualifying i mean Vettel was 1.3 seconds quicker than the fastest non red bull which was Hamilton...but they didn't have the pace in the race.The reason why Kimi won is that the lotus (and his personal driving style) are very gentle with the tires, so he had 1 less stop than everyone else, and even at that he was just cruising in his last stint, proving that with the fastest lap of the race 2 laps before the end and his engineer told him after the race that his tires were in a very good condition, he could have easily pushed much more. So that my dear friends is a reason to worry, because such a difference in tire usage is immense, and can mean that lotus are serious contenders for the title...even though it's way too early to talk about that. We'll know more in a week in malaysia as the conditions will be very different and there we will see what's what.

As a McLaren fan for decades, i'm really worried at the moment as they obviously went the wrong way with the new car.It's obvious that they finished the 2012 season with the best car (yes at the end it was even better than the red bull) and Martin Witmarsh already said, it would have been easy to just improve that car for this year (just like everyone else did), but they decided to make a totally new one from scratch (they wouldn't be McLaren if they didn't do the exact opposite from everyone else lol)...wrong decision this time :S, so there's some talk now that they are thinking about bringing the old car back...it might be a good idea

and one more thing: the new motors from 2014 on. Mercedes seriously had the balls to ask for 12 million euros a year from McLaren for supplying them with motors and calling it a "partnership" (note in the last 17 years they didn't charge McLaren anything for the motors...because they were partners) so, yes it's the right decision from McLaren to go back to Honda motors, and imo they should paint the car white and red again!
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
14.04.2013 - 02:13
Malphas
The best harlem shake on the net

----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
14.04.2013 - 18:08
Malphas
Couldn't agree more, honda engines and the red and white marlboro pattern on the car...and bring ron dennis back

and btw the biggest mistake they did at the end of last year or perhaps i should say this year is to get kimi back in the team, i knew getting perez would be a mistake, even giving kovalainen a second chance would have been a better idea (which is actually a pretty good one)
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
09.06.2013 - 03:40
Malphas
Well that was quite some time ago, in fact in the last few years, McLaren's tactics were always spot on while Ferrari have been screwing things up on a constant basis but yeah, it was an epic fail what they pulled off with Jenson. On the other hand, even if they did everything right, they wouldn't have been able to make something out of it as this obviously isn't McLaren's year (the car they built is actually built following the 2014 rulebook, when there will be a lot of changes and every team will have to build a totally new car...the guys in Woking obviously decided to sacrifice this year in order to collect some data for next year and only improve this car whilst all other teams will have to start from scratch...we'll see if that turns out the way the planned it in about a years time haha) anyway it was really nice to see Valteri Bottas in the top 3, he really is an amazing driver and deserved it, i hope he'll get a lot of points tomorrow. It's nice to see some new faces there and not always just red bull ferarri mercedes and lotus
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
22.06.2013 - 21:32
Malphas
Another year at Le Mans and yet another casualty, what else did you expect?

only 12 minutes into the race, in lap 3

R.I.P. Allan, one of the greats in endurance racing
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
08.10.2013 - 17:59
Malphas
Takuma Sato...the grand master of causing huge collisions? after a very successful career in doing exactly that in different race series, including F1,he's nowadays in the US

----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
08.10.2013 - 22:37
Malphas
The problem is that the situation gets worse with the "paydrivers" of which the newest is Sergey Sirotkin who will drive for sauber next year and is 18 years old, and he still doesn't have his FIA superlicence for F1, but is on his way to get it in time...or at least that's what he says lol. Yes the reason he will drive is that sauber had some serious financial problems and they got some russian sponsors who asked for a russian driver to be in their team in return...now everyone in the world of F1 is concened that this kid will be a serious safety issue...and obviously, with good reason
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
15.10.2013 - 16:49
Malphas
And there goes another one. R.I.P. Sean...
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
16.10.2013 - 12:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Anyone seen "Rush" yet? I just saw it a few hours ago and it was a different movie compared to what I thought it was going to be. I don't know shit about F1, NASCAR or any other form of professional motorsport, past or present. I honestly didn't know what to expect going into this movie, other than the vague reviews I read in newspapers.

I think the characters could have been developed more. I understand why Ron Howard portrayed the characters the way that he did, because on Top Gear he stated that he "wanted to make a good movie for audiences without alienating F1 fans".

Don't get me wrong, C. Helmsworth made a good Hunt and D. Bruhl made a good Lauda, but I didn't get a very good idea of who the real drivers were outside of the vague research I did about the movie beforehand.

Either way, I'd recommend the movie to anyone that knows shit about F1, and even if you're like me, watch it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.10.2013 - 16:35
Malphas
Haven't seen it yet cuz there is no cinema anywhere near here...gonna see it once it comes out on DVD or something like that...but other than that yeah..it should be a good movie but a few things about it aren't really as true as portrayed...for example. They made it that way so it's more appealing to a wider audience but nonetheless it should be a good movie...what's interesting is that even though the story about Hunt's and Lauda's rivalry is very interesting, it's not the most fascinating from the F1 world. There are many more stories which should be told. What i would recommend though is the movie "Senna"
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
31.12.2013 - 17:55
Malphas
Have you guys heard of Michael Schumacher's skiing accident? he fell and hit his head on a stone, luckily he had a helmet, otherwise he wouldn't be alive now. He's still in an induced coma and this was the latest update on the situation

summary of what the doctors said
Via The Guardian
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
07.01.2014 - 02:38
MetalSpider
Written by Malphas on 31.12.2013 at 17:55

Have you guys heard of Michael Schumacher's skiing accident? he fell and hit his head on a stone, luckily he had a helmet, otherwise he wouldn't be alive now. He's still in an induced coma and this was the latest update on the situation

Via The Guardian

Yeah I heard about it. Really sad, hopefully he makes a full recovery!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
04.03.2014 - 00:50
CaLu
Account deleted
Written by MetalSpider on 07.01.2014 at 02:38

Written by Malphas on 31.12.2013 at 17:55

Via The Guardian

Yeah I heard about it. Really sad, hopefully he makes a full recovery!

Latest news regarding Schumacher is that the doctors are trying to get him out of the induced coma. This started already at the end of January, let's just hope he gets out of it in a decent way without too many personality changes from the induced coma.
15.08.2014 - 19:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Irritable Ted on 15.08.2014 at 19:34
Tony Stewart. I think you might need to get a good lawyer.

Why? The guy ran out in the middle of the track into oncoming traffic during a race. Darwin Award much.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.08.2014 - 20:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Irritable Ted on 15.08.2014 at 20:03
As far as it has been reported so far and having seen some fuzzy footage there are two ways it can be viewed. The guy was pretty stupid walking down the track, but it is not unheard of in American motorsport. Putting yourself there is asking for trouble....but, Tony Stewart can be heard revving up as he passed, presumably trying to scare the guy, but this seems to have caused the car to powerslide and then the rear tyre caught him. It is being reported in this country as though Tony Stewart has some form when it comes to anger management issues and seems to be aiming the blame in one direction.

At this point they aren't even likely to press charges. If they do, his lawyer would only need to prove that he didn't intend to run him over. It's a far easier case for the defense in this situation since the prosecution would have to convince the jury that Stewart is responsible for vehicular manslaughter. Intent is incredibly difficult to prove.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.10.2014 - 23:59
Malphas
Has anyone seen the japanese F1 race earlier today? chaotic, but interesting race, overshadowed by the incident at the end. F1 hasn't had a fatality since Senna 1994 but as things stand it doesn't look very rosy for Jules. Hope he pulls through
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
10.10.2014 - 12:35
Mrophine
Hope jules can make it. From the video that i saw it really looked horrible.