Metal Storm logo
List Of Vegetarian & Vegan Metal Musicians

Guys and Girls I listed some famous "Vegetrian / Vegan Metal Musicians", do you know more musicians!?

Created by: .:Nataras:. | 01.03.2014

1. Black Sabbath - William Thomas "Bill" Ward
Drummer
2. Black Sabbath - Terence Michael Joseph "Geezer" Butler
Bassist
3. Poison - Richard Allan Ream
Drummer
4. The Agonist - Alissa White-Gluz
Vocalist (former, now in Arch Enemy)
5. Gåte - Magnus Børmark
Guitar & Synth
6. Nightwish - Jukka Nevalainen
Drummer
7. Between The Buried And Me - Paul Waggoner
Guitarist
8. Between The Buried And Me - Dan Briggs
Bassist
9. Between The Buried And Me - Tommy Rogers
Vocalist & Keyboardist
10. Bring Me The Horizon - Oliver Sykes
Lead vocal (2004-present), keyboard, programming (2004-2012)
11. Bring Me The Horizon - Matt Nicholls
Drummer
12. System Of A Down - Serj Tankian
Vocalist
13. Lamb Of God - John Campbell
Bassist
14. Lamb Of God - Chris Adler
Drummer
15. Arch Enemy - Angela Gossow
Vocalist (former)
16. Arch Enemy - Michael Amott
Lead Guitarist
17. Mayhem - Attila Csihar
Vocalist
18. Sylosis - Josh Middleton
Guitarist
19. Carcass - Bill Steer
Guitarist
20. Carcass - Jeff Walker
Bass
21. Strapping Young Lad - Devin Townsend
Guitarist
22. Cattle Decapitation - Scott Miller
Guitarist & Vocal
23. Cattle Decapitation - Travis Ryan
Vocalist
24. Heaven Shall Burn - Marcus Bischoff
Vocal
25. Heaven Shall Burn - Maik Weicher
Guitar
26. Heaven Shall Burn - Alexander Dietz
Guitar
27. Heaven Shall Burn - Eric Bischoff
Bass
28. Heaven Shall Burn - Christian Bass
Drums
29. Heaven Shall Burn - Patrick Schleitzer
Guitar
30. Heaven Shall Burn - Matthias Voigt
Drums
31. Kreator - Mille Petrozza
Guitarist & Singer & Songwriter
32. Samael - Michael Locher
Guitarist
33. Arsames - Ali Madarshahi
Vocalist
34. Arsames - Soroush Kheradmand
Drummer
35. Arsames - Saeed Mokari
Bass
36. Eternal Candle - me ;)
Drummer
37. Forever Dawn - Brian Manowitz
Multi Instrumentalist, he is also founder of the band Vegan Black Metal Chef!
38. HIM - Ville Valo
Singer, songwriter, artist, and multi instrumentalist
39. Dew-Scented - Leif Jensen
Vocal
40. Napalm Death - Barney Greenway
Vocalist
41. Triptykon - Tom C. Warrior
Vocalist
42. Gorgoroth - Kristian Eivind "Gaahl" Espedal
Vocal (former), also in God Seed & in Wardruna
43. Static-X - Wayne Static
Guitar, keyboard, programming, vocal
44. Darkane - Lawrence Mackrory
Vocal, also in scarve
45. Soilwork - Dirk Verbeuren
Drum, also in Scarve, Aborted, Jeff Loomiss, Naglfar, Devin Townsend, Sybreed and etc...
46. Rob Zombie - Rob Zombie
Vocal
47. Cradle Of Filth - Lindsay Schoolcraft
Keyboard, backing vocals, harp, piano also in Schoolcraft
48. Bare Infinity - Ida Elena
Vocal
49. Deadlock - Sebastian Reichl
Guitar
50. Deadlock - Sabine Weniger
Vocal, keyboard
51. Fall Of Serenity - John Gahlert
Bass, vocal also in Deadlock
52. Fall Of Serenity - Ferdinand Rewicki
Guitar, bass also in Deadlock
53. Voivod - Daniel Mongrain
Vocal, guitars also in Martyr, Gorguts and Capharnaum
54. Garden Of Shadows - Brian Rabinovitz
Guitar, bass, keyboard
55. Garden Of Shadows - Mary
Guitar, vocal
56. Bolt Thrower - Barry 'Baz' Thomson
Guitar
57. Bolt Thrower - Jo-Anne 'Jo' Bench
Bass
58. Sepultura - Derrick Green
Vocal
59. Neaera - Tobias Buck
Guitar
60. Steve Vai - Guitarist
61. Earth Crisis - Karl Buechner
Vocal
62. Earth Crisis - Scott Crouse
Guitar
63. Earth Crisis - Dennis Merrick
Drums
64. Converge - Jacob Bannon
Vocal
65. Converge - Kurt Ballou
Guitar
66. Converge - Nate Newton
Bass, vocal
67. Converge - Ben Koller
Drums, percussion
68. Ne Obliviscaris - Xenoyr
Growled vocal
69. Ne Obliviscaris - Daniel Presland
Drums
70. Aborted - Mendel Bij De Leij
Guitar
71. Aborted - Ken Bedene
Drums

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by .:Nataras:. ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 57   Visited by: 99 users
02.03.2014 - 01:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
What about the iconic Brian Manowitz, of Forever Dawn?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
02.03.2014 - 18:35
.:Nataras:.
.:Saratan:.
Written by Karlabos on 02.03.2014 at 01:26

What about the iconic Brian Manowitz, of Forever Dawn?

Thanks a lot... I've added him to list!
----
02.03.2014 - 18:42
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Good shit !
----
The Fangirl.
02.03.2014 - 18:52
Written by angel. on 02.03.2014 at 18:42

Good shit !

Thanks a lot!
----
23.05.2014 - 23:16
Ilham
Giant robot
Some must have been recruited just for that, or they met at a biocoop, or both.
24.05.2014 - 01:45
ANGEL REAPER
So this is the list of "plants haters",yes?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.05.2014 - 05:34
Wingtorte
Haha nice list! I'll have to pass it on to my gf as she's vegan (I, on the other hand, am purely carnivore ), she might find it amusing as well

Some of the others I knew, but I was surprised to see Mille there!
24.05.2014 - 10:13
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 24.05.2014 at 01:45

So this is the list of "plants haters",yes?

Ha ha haaa... plants haters are better than animal haters...
----
24.05.2014 - 10:16
Written by Ilham on 23.05.2014 at 23:16

Some must have been recruited just for that, or they met at a biocoop, or both.

Oh maybe, but most of them are really great musicians also...
----
24.05.2014 - 10:22
Written by Wingtorte on 24.05.2014 at 05:34

Haha nice list! I'll have to pass it on to my gf as she's vegan (I, on the other hand, am purely carnivore ), she might find it amusing as well

Oh nice! me and my fiance are vegan too...
----
04.06.2014 - 22:58
Erik M.

I, on the other hand, am purely carnivore )

So I guess you're one of those people who doesn't know the meaning of "carnivore", since humans are omnivores, NOT carnivores.
05.06.2014 - 21:41
Wingtorte
Written by .:Nataras:. on 24.05.2014 at 10:22

Oh nice! me and my fiance are vegan too...

Cool. I still eat a lot of animal products (meat mainly), but I also enjoy a lot of vegan food as well. A lot of our meals are vegan, or I'll have part vegan and then with some meat on the side (where she would have some kind of mock meat) or something. Many people seem to think vegan/meat eater are at odds with one another, but I think as long as everyone is respectful of one another it works out pretty well. Plus there is also some pretty yummy vegan food out there!

Written by Erik M. on 04.06.2014 at 22:58

I, on the other hand, am purely carnivore )

So I guess you're one of those people who doesn't know the meaning of "carnivore", since humans are omnivores, NOT carnivores.

Can't tell if you're taking the piss or not...
15.06.2014 - 00:59
Erik M.
Written by Wingtorte on 05.06.2014 at 21:41

Cool. I still eat a lot of animal products (meat mainly), but I also enjoy a lot of vegan food as well. A lot of our meals are vegan, or I'll have part vegan and then with some meat on the side (where she would have some kind of mock meat) or something. Many people seem to think vegan/meat eater are at odds with one another, but I think as long as everyone is respectful of one another it works out pretty well. Plus there is also some pretty yummy vegan food out there!

Seeing as you eat both animals and plants, you're 100% an omnivore. The fact that you like meat doesn't make you a carnivore. Carnivores are animals that (can) only eat meat to survive and do (and can) not eat plants.

Quote:

No, I'm being serious. here you go.
15.06.2014 - 09:21
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Ville Valo from HIM is a vegetarian (I know HIM are not metal anymore, but they're still featured on MS, so totally optional to add him or not and so it Leif Jensen from Dew-Scented.

Barney Greenway from Napalm Death and Tom C. Warrior from Tryptikon are vegans.

Cool list!!!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
23.07.2014 - 21:48
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Gaahl (ex-Gorgoroth, Good Seed) is also a vegetarian.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
28.07.2014 - 18:56
Written by AnGina-- on 15.06.2014 at 09:21

Ville Valo from HIM is a vegetarian (I know HIM are not metal anymore, but they're still featured on MS, so totally optional to add him or not and so it Leif Jensen from Dew-Scented.

Barney Greenway from Napalm Death and Tom C. Warrior from Tryptikon are vegans.

Cool list!!!

Thank you very much Angina!! they are added.
----
13.11.2014 - 04:11
Wingtorte
Written by Erik M. on 15.06.2014 at 00:59

Written by Wingtorte on 05.06.2014 at 21:41

Seeing as you eat both animals and plants, you're 100% an omnivore. The fact that you like meat doesn't make you a carnivore. Carnivores are animals that (can) only eat meat to survive and do (and can) not eat plants.

Quote:

No, I'm being serious. here you go.

So in other words you're someone who can't detect a joke when it hits you over the head with a 2x4. I assumed you were taking the piss because I did not expect you or anyone to actually believe any person out there who says something so blatantly meant as a silly comment to actually be serious. If someone makes a joke about raining cats and dogs would you believe them to be serious and take it upon yourself to try and "correct" them? Having to explain such a simple moment of humour is always such a buzz kill.
17.11.2014 - 21:44
Erik M.
Written by Wingtorte on 13.11.2014 at 04:11

So in other words you're someone who can't detect a joke when it hits you over the head with a 2x4. I assumed you were taking the piss because I did not expect you or anyone to actually believe any person out there who says something so blatantly meant as a silly comment to actually be serious. If someone makes a joke about raining cats and dogs would you believe them to be serious and take it upon yourself to try and "correct" them? Having to explain such a simple moment of humour is always such a buzz kill.

Whether you were joking or not (I don't think you were), it's still true many people don't know that humans are actually omnivores and NOT carnivores, simply because they (only) eat meat. All I was doing is pointing that out. It seems convenient to act like you were just joking since then you don't have to admit you were wrong about something.
23.11.2014 - 18:31
Wingtorte
Written by Erik M. on 17.11.2014 at 21:44

Written by Wingtorte on 13.11.2014 at 04:11

Whether you were joking or not (I don't think you were), it's still true many people don't know that humans are actually omnivores and NOT carnivores, simply because they (only) eat meat. All I was doing is pointing that out. It seems convenient to act like you were just joking since then you don't have to admit you were wrong about something.

lol dude I think anyone who passed elementary school is well aware that humans are omnivores. You sound like a teenager trying to "catch" someone out on common knowledge as though it were some "widely unknown thing". The fact that "carnivore" jokes are so prevalent even in the media should clue you in. Its not one of those jokes a person should have to explain. And for the record I did complete several courses in physical anthropology and archaeology in my undergrad, so yes I'm well aware thanks. One of those times I'm not even sure whether to respond to a post or let it be because I don't know if its trolling trying to suck someone into a discussion or just genuinely ridiculous.
23.11.2014 - 18:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Erik M. on 17.11.2014 at 21:44

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? Did you shove a crayon up your nose when you were a child or something and end up inhibiting the ability to interpret basic meaning in conversation? Anyone could tell he was making light of the fact his girlfriend is a vegan by calling himself a carnivore in hyperbolic fashion. People who especially enjoy meat often refer to themselves as carnivores in a non-literal manner to highlight this. The very fact he understands his girlfriend is someone who eats fruit and veg and that he eats meat means that he knows that humans are omnivorous by definition.

I've never met anyone that thinks humans are carnivores. Maybe you should stop hanging around in school playgrounds or something.
23.11.2014 - 18:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Wingtorte on 23.11.2014 at 18:31

One of those times I'm not even sure whether to respond to a post or let it be because I don't know if its trolling trying to suck someone into a discussion or just genuinely ridiculous.

Unfortunately it's the latter. Erik's atrocious reading comprehension on this site is near legendary.
23.11.2014 - 18:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.11.2014 at 18:41

Anyone could tell he was making light of the fact his girlfriend was a vegan...

But is she really a vegan? Or is she a vegetarian? Many people seem to mix up the two quite often
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.11.2014 - 18:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2014 at 18:45

But is she really a vegan? Or is she a vegetarian? Many people seem to mix up the two quite often

I dunno, most vegans I know won't touch anything unless they've examined the packaging thoroughly and quizzed the waiter / person behind the counter to death about what's in the food they're going to eat
23.11.2014 - 18:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.11.2014 at 18:47

I dunno, most vegans I know won't touch anything unless they've examined the packaging thoroughly and quizzed the waiter / person behind the counter to death about what's in the food they're going to eat

A vegan doe indeed what veganism entails but many CARNIVORES, omnivores and vegeatarians don't. :p Hell, you even can't eat all crisps as a vegan.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.11.2014 - 18:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2014 at 18:52

A vegan doe indeed what veganism entails but many CARNIVORES, omnivores and vegeatarians don't. :p Hell, you even can't eat all crisps as a vegan.

If I couldn't eat crisps I would find life far less appealing.
23.11.2014 - 18:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.11.2014 at 18:54

If I couldn't eat crisps I would find life far less appealing.

I would die, die, die, my darling.

I LOVE crisps.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.11.2014 - 18:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2014 at 18:55

I LOVE crisps.

I bet all the Americans reading this are like "wtf are crisps?" haha.
23.11.2014 - 19:01
Wingtorte
Written by Guest on 23.11.2014 at 18:45

Written by Wingtorte on 23.11.2014 at 18:31

One of those times I'm not even sure whether to respond to a post or let it be because I don't know if its trolling trying to suck someone into a discussion or just genuinely ridiculous.

Unfortunately it's the latter. Erik's atrocious reading comprehension on this site is near legendary.

Good to know, I was starting to feel like the newbie idiot who feeds the trolls lol

Written by Guest on 23.11.2014 at 18:41

Anyone could tell he was making light of the fact his girlfriend was a vegan...

Suddenly I'm reminded of My Big Fat Greek Wedding when the guy tells the girl's family that he's vegetarian when they offer him lamb and they're like "no problem! I make cheecken!"
23.11.2014 - 19:37
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.11.2014 at 18:56

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2014 at 18:55

I LOVE crisps.

I bet all the Americans reading this are like "wtf are crisps?" haha.

Those are like Pringles right? (Suitable for Vegans)
23.11.2014 - 19:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 23.11.2014 at 19:37

Those are like Pringles right? (Suitable for Vegans)

Man I hate Pringles. They seem to set off a minor retching feeling in the back of my throat for some reason.

But yeah, crisps = potato chips basically.

Hits total: 49846 | This month: 40