Metal Storm logo
The Ultimate Mega Metal Dress Code Thread (Patched Vest,T-Shirt,Coat)

Original post

Posted by raveneffect, 15.05.2014 - 16:55
"Morning hits, you wake up with a smile on your face.
It's that day, the one you've been waiting for the entire week, the entire month, possibly the entire year since it's been announced. You couldnt believe it when you read the news...it's been what? 6...7 years since their last show at your hometown? Fuck yeah! It's gonna be a great day...better...its gonna be THE day!
You get up, plug in that classic record and hit the shower singing the lyrics, shredding your air guitar on that ripping solo. Your phone rings, probably a message from the boys, saying they'll meet you there after work. Not you, you took the day off, the boss can go fuck himself, there's no way he'll keep you from getting to the front row. So, it's dressing time: you've got your shoes, your trousers, the usual battle vest but you're missing the T-Shirt. There's so many of them! Will it be the classic Album one? There's gonna be a million of these t-shirts, everyone has one....maybe the new album....but it's not as powerfull...
fuck it man, it has to be perfect!"

This used to be me on my "young years". The dilema of choosing what to wear at THAT gig i've been waiting for so long. Something most of us, Metalheads, can relate to at somepoint, has to be our care for the Metal culture clothing so, Due to popular Demand, I've decided to Open up this interesting Thread, based on a recent one here: http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=44625

Do you have a Battle Vest? Maybe a rare t-shirt you want to share with us? This is the place to do it.
19.05.2014 - 16:32
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 19.05.2014 at 16:11

Maybe it's a penis-related thing. Actually I think I read somewhere (probably nonsense) that it's a prison thing, whereby having your trousers worn low means that you're "available" to the other inmates. Probably not true, but I really hope it is.

I think it's a myth, we never needed reasons for stupid trends to catch on, did we?
19.05.2014 - 17:15
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by raveneffect on 19.05.2014 at 15:41

The bling bling on the Crossover Jacket was a pure test to my gag reflexes

It's looks like the fucking Millennium Puzzle!

Written by toxx on 16.05.2014 at 09:31

Almost a waste of time for you to even read this thread then? Not to mention commenting in it as well

Rustling jimmies is never a waste of my time.
19.05.2014 - 18:09
raveneffect
Written by Guest on 19.05.2014 at 16:11

Maybe it's a penis-related thing. Actually I think I read somewhere (probably nonsense) that it's a prison thing, whereby having your trousers worn low means that you're "available" to the other inmates. Probably not true, but I really hope it is.

It's not a myth
20.05.2014 - 02:16
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by raveneffect on 19.05.2014 at 18:09

It's not a myth

Speaking out of experience? Why so cryptic?
20.05.2014 - 17:50
raveneffect
Written by Ilham on 20.05.2014 at 02:16

Speaking out of experience? Why so cryptic?

I try to forget those days....but they haunt me everyday
01.06.2014 - 13:48
Vombatus
Potorro
Putting my vest here after making a couple of changes. Overall satisfied with all black/white (and a bit of red), also the symmetry is good enough ! I'm making a new one now, just dyed the thing all black

01.06.2014 - 13:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Nice arrangement
01.06.2014 - 14:19
Ilham
Giant robot
I have a very special T-shirt, that I only wear for the rare gigs I go to. It's rare because it's been discontinued. And it's glorious. I'm sure y'all gon be jelly.

EDIT: for the uncultured swine, it's a reference to Sussudio, a cheesy Phil Collins song (also that is an unnecessary repetition of the word cheesy). But most importantly, it refers that scene in American Psycho, see my avatar.
01.06.2014 - 19:24
Lit.
Account deleted
^Not jealous. American Psycho was an awful movie, and I keep reading it as "Sudowoodo" for some reason.
01.06.2014 - 19:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I read it as 'Susanoo' from Naruto which is not something I like to admit in public.

But come on, 'Murrican Psycho was pretty good.
01.06.2014 - 20:09
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 01.06.2014 at 19:28

I read it as 'Susanoo' from Naruto which is not something I like to admit in public.

But come on, 'Murrican Psycho was pretty good.

Too late, I now know.

But Lit kinda likes to bash what I like, since I went full troll on LoTR. We both know it was a good movie. Not the greatest ever, but it's one of the most entertaining movies to re-watch every couple of years.
01.06.2014 - 20:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 01.06.2014 at 20:09

But Lit kinda likes to bash what I like, since I went full troll on LoTR. We both know it was a good movie. Not the greatest ever, but it's one of the most entertaining movies to re-watch every couple of years.

I suspect the "book was better" trope may be played at some point. Ball's in Lit.'s court... FIGHT!
01.06.2014 - 20:18
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 01.06.2014 at 20:14

I suspect the "book was better" trope may be played at some point. Ball's in Lit.'s court... FIGHT!

Haha. No I won't give you the satisfaction. Frustrated?
01.06.2014 - 20:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 01.06.2014 at 20:18

Haha. No I won't give you the satisfaction. Frustrated?

I have other... outlets.
01.06.2014 - 20:24
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 01.06.2014 at 20:20

I have other... outlets.

I'm going to offer you this.

01.06.2014 - 20:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 01.06.2014 at 20:24

I'm going to offer you this.

Oh, you're so seal-y.
02.06.2014 - 01:32
Lit.
Account deleted
Never read the book, actually. Despised the movie enough that it deterred me from doing so. I've read Lunar Park, though, which I believe is by the same author, so that may be the case. I don't know, and I don't intend on finding out.

Also, kinda surprised Joe actually made a Naruto reference.
02.06.2014 - 01:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.06.2014 at 01:32

It's a guilty pleasure. The non-filler episodes are very watchable.
02.06.2014 - 01:40
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.06.2014 at 01:33

Written by Guest on 02.06.2014 at 01:32

It's a guilty pleasure. The non-filler episodes are very watchable.

Jesus, you've definitely picked up some ninja tricks from watching, that's for sure. I didn't even finish editing my post.

I used to be a big fan myself, but once Toonami was canceled and the dubbed episodes stopped airing in the US, I lost interest. I've been meaning to watch Shippuden.
02.06.2014 - 01:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.06.2014 at 01:40

Jesus, you've definitely picked up some ninja tricks from watching, that's for sure. I didn't even finish editing my post.

I used to be a big fan myself, but once Toonami was canceled and the dubbed episodes stopped airing in the US, I lost interest. I've been meaning to watch Shippuden.

...dubbed? You Sir are an awful human. I've only ever seen about 15 seconds of a dubbed episode but Naruto himself sounded awful. I think Ghost in the Shell and some Miyazaki stuff is the only anime I can handle dubbed. Has to be subbed. Just a nicer experience.
02.06.2014 - 01:58
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.06.2014 at 01:43

...dubbed? You Sir are an awful human. I've only ever seen about 15 seconds of a dubbed episode but Naruto himself sounded awful. I think Ghost in the Shell and some Miyazaki stuff is the only anime I can handle dubbed. Has to be subbed. Just a nicer experience.

I cannot stand anything subbed. They all sound the same, and the same is incredibly sub-par in itself. No passion in the VA and the translations are always really weird & differ depending on who translate them. While I am incredibly familiar with subtitles (being hard-of-hearing and making absolutely sure something has captions before I watch it), it's a pain to have to have to decide whether or not to focus on the show or the subtitles, or pause and watch something again. At least with the dubbed versions you can hear what they are saying rather than having to read it, which is what I like so I can watch the action not the words at the bottom. It's why I'm super annoyed that the freaking One Piece dub is taking its sweet, fat time coming out. I'd rather wait than watch the sub, but there's simply no love for dub in the business.
02.06.2014 - 02:03
no one
Account deleted
02.06.2014 - 02:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.06.2014 at 01:58

I cannot stand anything subbed. They all sound the same, and the same is incredibly sub-par in itself. No passion in the VA and the translations are always really weird & differ depending on who translate them. While I am incredibly familiar with subtitles (being hard-of-hearing and making absolutely sure something has captions before I watch it), it's a pain to have to have to decide whether or not to focus on the show or the subtitles, or pause and watch something again. At least with the dubbed versions you can hear what they are saying rather than having to read it, which is what I like so I can watch the action not the words at the bottom. It's why I'm annoyed that the freaking One Piece dub is taking its sweet, fat time coming out. I'd rather wait than watch the sub, but there's simply no love for dub in the business.

Well as for fan subs I generally just try to stick with one person. I don't think it necessarily means that dubs are going to be great either though. Translations are never going to be identical from person to person because a lot of it is interpretive, but I usually find things pretty consistent.

As for the whole what to watch thing I guess I don't really think about it. My brain seems to fill in for anything I may miss and I seem to get both word and image into my brain just fine. I generally prefer things with subs anyway, even if I can understand the language.
02.06.2014 - 02:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Not to mention professional dubs are often dumbed down for poor, sensistive Western children's ears (Cardcaptor Sakura for example).
02.06.2014 - 02:15
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.06.2014 at 02:04

As for the whole what to watch thing I guess I don't really think about it. My brain seems to fill in for anything I may miss and I seem to get both word and image into my brain just fine. I generally prefer things with subs anyway, even if I can understand the language.

I tried doing that, but it really takes away from the experience. I watch these shows because I love the action and the art (especially with how good anime looks these days, i.e. Kill La Kill and Attack On Titan), slightly more so than the writing, at least. Maybe I'm just slower to process these things.
02.06.2014 - 02:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.06.2014 at 02:15

I tried doing that, but it really takes away from the experience. I watch these shows because I love the action and the art (especially with how good anime looks these days, i.e. Kill La Kill and Attack On Titan), slightly more so than the writing, at least. Maybe I'm just slower to process these things.

Maybe it's like how some people can't process 3D, some people can't follow both things at once.

I can't be on the phone and have someone next to me talk to me. If that happens I don't know what either person is saying.

Not sure how relevant that is, but yeah.
02.06.2014 - 02:25
Lit.
Account deleted
Perhaps.

Boy howdy, did we derail this thread.
23.06.2014 - 10:35
toxx
Supreme being
Finally got my backpatch. Think it turned out quite good!

23.06.2014 - 18:24
raveneffect
Looks promissing.

You should get a big Logo all over the top section, above the Pallbearer patch, a cut-out black and white/yellow version to combine with the coloured padron you already have.
23.06.2014 - 18:36
Ilham
Giant robot
I like that type of unwashed denim. Patched vests are getting better nowadays as more bands get better logos. If some day I get really bored but incredibly motivated, I'd love to make helvetica versions of the logos of my favourite bands, get them printed on patches, and build the ultimate hipster patched vest.