Poll

Who Do you like better

Carcass
Napalm Death

Total votes: 128
12.02.2007 - 03:29
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Both Bands were influenced By Guitarist Bill steer, and were both pioneers of their genres. Napalm Death Is credited with inventing grindcore and are also among the most influntial Death metal acts out there. Carcass, while not the Inventors Death Metal, they were among the first out there, and also incorperated a good amount of grindore influence in their music. Notably, Michel Ammot, Founder of Arch enemy, Is a former member of carcass. So, Let the votes Fly, who do you prefer? (I voted Carcass)
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
12.02.2007 - 04:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I like both bands, but I voted for Carcass. Napalm Death's music stagnated in the 90's, while Carcass progressed with every album and came up with fresh ideas.
12.02.2007 - 07:26
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Voted for Carcass. As Pyro said they progressed with every album bring up new ideas which worked really well. Even their early material where they were Death Metal, still good stuff - poor production, but it made them sound old school.

Napalm Death are good but for me they arent as good as what Carcass released.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
12.02.2007 - 14:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmm hard quasten, but I vote for Carcass
I like early Napalm Death, ist good, but leitehr albums its not so good and thay had to many albums to know them all and I never woud be hard core fan of them, so thats why I vote for Carcass and Carcass hase no so many albums, and almoust ewery of them are good and listenble so
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.02.2007 - 01:28
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Napalm Death gets my Vote...Intelligent social Lyrics instead of cookiecutter goregrind lyrics about eating brains and that lame shit.Napalm is not only influencial and held in high regard in the Metal scene...but also The Punk Scene...after all these years still flying strong with albums like "Smear campaign"...and not to mention Justin K Broadrick drummed for them back in the day

Carcass is still sweet Though...i enjoy "Heartwork" quite a bit...i just prefer Napalm's More Hardcore Punk style.The Whole Goregrind shit gets old for me quick
13.02.2007 - 01:44
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
For starters, Bill Steer was NOT a founder of Napalm Death. He joined the band in 1987, some five years after they were formed by Rat and Nic Bullen in '82.

I also disagree with Pyro's assessment regarding ND wallowing in mediocrity in the 90's while Carcass' music continued to "progress and come up with fresh ideas." I invite you to listen to "Swansong" some time. I've honestly listened to it TRYING and WANTING to like it, and still cannot sit through more than a couple songs before taking it out of the player.

While ND wallowed in mediocrity for the better part of a decade, they have continued chugging along and gave us "The Code is Red" a few years ago - which is second only to "Harmony Corruption" on their discography, as far as I'm concerned... and the new one, "Smear Campaign" is also supposed to be a very good album.

Comparatively, in the past dozen years, Carcass hasn't offered up anything other than the horrid "Swansong" and a best of album.

I think if you want to compare these two evenly, you might have to limit it to albums through the very early 90s when both were on the tops of their game.

If you want to include extended musical trees and Arnott's Arch Enemy in there as a plus for Carcass, I offer you the following Napalm Death alumni and their projects:

Justin Broadrick ('85-86) - Godflesh, Jesu, Final, TechnoAnimal, and many more.

Nic Bullen co-founder ('82-'87) - Scorn

Mick Harris ('86-'91) - Scorn, Lull

Lee Dorrian ('87-'89) - Cathedral

Beyond those bands which ND alumni spawned, Bill Steer was involved in Carcass, Jesse Pintado in Terrorizer and Lock Up, Shane Embury in Lock Up, Barney Greenway in Benediction...

I vote Napalm.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.02.2007 - 05:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
uhhh....I know Carcass hasn't released anything lately and you don't have to invite me to listen to Swansong because I've heard it. I don't care for it much either, but it was the final stage in their progression and offered us a different approach. Napalm Death just got boring and tired, while Carcass continued to reinvent themselves. I'm just glad that Napalm Death is making great music again. I prefer Necrotism and Symphonies over anything Napalm Death has ever done, and that's saying a lot because they have some great albums.
14.02.2007 - 03:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Did either bitter cold or Jesus Puncher forget to vote, because they both voted for ND But it only shows one vote on the chart.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

14.02.2007 - 17:29
Sunioj
I have alot of respect to Napalm Death cuz they have alot of material under their belts, still a great band too. But Carcass is more of my liking, so they get my vote.
15.02.2007 - 20:47
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I did vote. Perhaps Jesus Puncher did, too and we only count as one person.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.02.2007 - 21:07
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted for Napalm Death, I like all of their albums and I can't say the same for Carcass, they are little boring to me. Old Napalm Death albums are great and they are also very good alive.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
15.02.2007 - 21:23
Savage Messiah
Metal Drummer
Carcass all the way lol they kick ass
03.07.2007 - 02:16
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Resurecting this thread. lol.
Anybody else care to give their input?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

03.07.2007 - 14:32
Eternal Flames
Tough decision but in the end my vote goes to Carcass. While I did enjoy Napalm Death's early work and a fair bit of their latest releases, I still prefer Carcass. I just find that I can listen to most Carcass releases from start to end. While Swansong was quite a disappointment, Heartwork was very good. And also I just prefer Jeff Walker's vocals a lot more.

Overall, I just found that I liked the direction Carcass took more than that of Napalm Death. Also their songwriting and musicianship was better in my opinion.
04.07.2007 - 05:59
AlGore
Account deleted
I went with Napalm Death, they started grindcore (soon to be 30 years ago) and are still creating albums, which is not only amazing in itself but amazing in the respect that they are good albums, sometimes. I really don't think that if carcass was still around they would be creating albums up to par with ND.
26.09.2007 - 23:57
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
I like carcass better, but I voted for Napalm Death for two reasons:

1. As stated by the user above me, they started grindcore. They coined the term.
2. Carcass put out 2 grindcore albums; they then switched to Death Metal....then melodic death (with Heartwork). The point is, Napalm Death has put out MUCH more material and been much more highly influential within the genre.

Carcass's death metal is great, though; don't get me wrong. Necrotism and Heartwork kick ass!
29.09.2007 - 06:36
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guest on 04.07.2007 at 05:59
I really don't think that if carcass was still around they would be creating albums up to par with ND.
But isn't that exactly the point of them splitting up?

I went with Carcass... I respect ND and like some of their stuff but I'm not really a grind person, I much prefer Carcass' death metal if you can call it that
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
31.01.2008 - 11:08
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i go for carcass, heartwork is amazing napalm death have never got to me greatly... carcass!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
01.02.2008 - 17:53
Son of Odin
Carcass!
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
06.02.2008 - 01:27
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
For me this is a tough one but my vote goes to Carcass!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
06.02.2008 - 04:29
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Son of Odin on 01.02.2008 at 17:53

Carcass!

Spam!

and @Slaytalica: Also Spam!

Come on guys, give more detailed explanations than that.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

06.02.2008 - 06:01
Son of Odin
Alright...Carcass because I do like their album Heartwork, and because I saw them live on that tour and thought they did a good concert. Actually I am not a big fan of any of those bands.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
06.02.2008 - 06:50
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 12.02.2007 at 14:42

Hmm hard quasten

xDD

my vote for carcass all the way, never was too crazy about napalm death, in fact, except for their hardcore punk demo stuff and their debut album, i never liked anything done by them.
06.02.2008 - 09:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.02.2008 at 06:50

Hmm hard quasten

xDD

my vote for carcass all the way, never was too crazy about napalm death, in fact, except for their hardcore punk demo stuff and their debut album, i never liked anything done by them.

I agree I dpont like ND either because imo adn maybe firts 2 albums are ok, but than not for me
----

apos;'
[image]
06.02.2008 - 10:00
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.02.2008 at 09:57

Hmm hard quasten

xDD

I agree I dpont likie ND either because emoa dn maybe firts 2 albums are ok, but than not for me

what i meant with "xD" is "SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!"
06.02.2008 - 10:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.02.2008 at 10:00

what i meant with "xD" is "SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!"

Kalli mera trele
Speek greek or die
----

apos;'
[image]
07.02.2008 - 01:20
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Bad English on 06.02.2008 at 09:57

I agree I dpont likie ND either because emoa dn maybe firts 2 albums are ok, but than not for me

Yeah, I actually love Napalm Death's first two albums, classic grindcore kinda shit. But as for their straight DM stuff.....bleh just don't like it.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

07.02.2008 - 03:34
Herzebeth
Carcass because they rule!!!
----
08.02.2008 - 02:33
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Lol, now a staff member is spamming
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

15.02.2008 - 22:50
iaberis
Advice Troll
Carcass sound better than Napalm Death to me... I don't know... maybe more melodic
----
Bitch! Please