Metal Storm logo
Belphegor vs Behemoth

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 21.02.2007 - 06:33
There seems to be an ongoing battle of Belphegor VS Behemoth, I believe there was a thread for it in the previous metal storm forums, so here goes. Also hopefully this will stop people from coming into my Belphegor thread saying "These guys are awesome, but Behemoth is better".

If I didnt have my voting ban still in effect Id definitly vote for Belphegor. I find the growls are alot less sloppy.

Poll

Which band is the superior blackened death metal band?

Behemoth
Belphegor

Total votes: 212
31.03.2009 - 08:14
Derwood
Got to go with Behemoth. Haven't really gotten into Belphegor's music and when I saw them live last October, they were, well, dull. I'll probably be seeing them again later this month, so I'm hoping I just saw them on an off night last time.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
06.04.2009 - 06:50
DarkMistress
Behemoth ^^, not so into Belphegor though, but Behemoth has always left me with a nice sensation
----
Wait in fire
18.04.2009 - 04:00
wormdrink414
Elite
No contest. Behemoth by a fucking long shot.
18.04.2009 - 04:01
wormdrink414
Elite
There clearly is a Behemoth bias though. The link is on the Behemoth page.
18.04.2009 - 07:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by wormdrink414 on 18.04.2009 at 04:01

There clearly is a Behemoth bias though. The link is on the Behemoth page.

Its also on the Belphegor page.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.04.2009 - 18:57
TheBigRossowski
Written by wormdrink414 on 18.04.2009 at 04:00

Come on, Walter, it's just a game, man.

But I would definitely make Belphegor mark it zero as well. Belphegor is kinda boring for me. There's a point behind Behemoth's music. They might not be as 'brutal' as Belphers, but they have a better sound and musicianship.

In other words, Behemoth abides.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.04.2009 - 06:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by TheBigRossowski on 21.04.2009 at 18:57

Written by wormdrink414 on 18.04.2009 at 04:00

Come on, Walter, it's just a game, man.

But I would definitely make Belphegor mark it zero as well. Belphegor is kinda boring for me. There's a point behind Behemoth's music. They might not be as 'brutal' as Belphers, but they have a better sound and musicianship.

In other words, Behemoth abides.

Who has your undies Walter?

I started trying to listen to Behemoth a while back, after hearing the direct note-for-note Anthrax knock off it was hard for me to get into them, couldn't get my mind past it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.06.2009 - 23:21
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Behemoth too!! as almost everyone here..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.06.2009 - 00:16
Winterfog
I don't enjoy Nergal's voice so much, I like their first works like From the Pagan Vastlands, grom that has a much more blackened voice.
Belphegor is superior to me because eventhough it's not pure black metal, they manage to create a really violent sound mixing death metal riffs with blackened drums and voice.
19.06.2009 - 21:07
Got Mayhem?
Um, Behemoth without a doubt
They have a better vocalist/frontman, better guitars, better drummer by 10000 miles (and you can't argue that) and a more consistant discography.
----
19.06.2009 - 21:10
Bobby_Loggins
Account deleted
I gotta say Belphegor over Behemoth. Probably as I own more Belphegor albums...
22.06.2009 - 03:04
Doomed
Account deleted
I'm with belphegor ...they are better than behemoth
coz the started with deathblack gener and keep on it.....otherwise behemoth started as a black metal band then they changed to blackdeath
02.08.2009 - 12:27
V3par
Hmm... Hard question, but I'd probably go with Belphegor. They seem more brutal & Satanic.
02.08.2009 - 18:56
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Behemoth was my choice too. I'm not exactly a fan, but from time to time I just like putting them on, especially Demigod. Whilst I didn't know Belphegor much untill I saw them live a month ago and oh god, their songs sounded really boring, repetititve and their stage performance was just awful. I knew only a few Belphegor's songs before, but after seeing them live I don't think I'm ever listening to them and I'm totally thumbs down with this band anyhow
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
06.08.2009 - 21:30
Demonmayonnaise
I'm not a fan of either of them really, I saw Belphegor live, and like someone said above, they were kinda dull. I'm going to see Behemoth next week at mayhem fest, so maybe they'll impress me a little more than Belphegor did.
11.08.2009 - 15:44
Razorback
Behemoth of course it's even pointless to compare these two bands,we already saw what they know
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
13.08.2009 - 21:44
Nergal
Behemoth wins the battle, no doubts about that... Superior lyrics, music. atmosphere... Behemoth is one of the best metal bands actually...
16.08.2009 - 22:00
terrorist
Behemoth,end of story.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
07.09.2009 - 08:54
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Huh !! for sure belphegor !! at least they are original !! behemoth just copied that death black metal sound after they got bored from black metal =) so the answer is belphegor with a big mouth XD
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
09.09.2009 - 01:46
Karasawa II
You really wanna hear Behemoth at there best listen to them live, get the live CD Behemoth at the Arena Ov The Aion, truly remarkable in every way thinkable, vocals, drums, guitar, bass. Impressive...
10.09.2009 - 03:46
His Eminence
Account deleted
I'm not a big fan of Behemoth, but I do listen to them from time to time, especially the albums Satanica and Zos Kia Cultus (sp?). Belphegor's music just seems boring to me, so I'd have to vote for Behemoth.
11.09.2009 - 02:31
Shogun
I really like both bands a lot. I prefer the vocals from Belphegor though. They just really complete the music. So, I voted for Belphegor. This is a good poll though, both bands are similar in style (not sound, you can easily tell them apart).

Also, Belphegor has an album titled "Bondage Goat Zombie". They have to win.
----
U.S.A. for Satan!
11.12.2009 - 09:35
Tatras
Behemoth... Behemoths Discography is more perfect and they play more death Metal, which i like most... when i am not into black metal
14.02.2010 - 21:32
JD
Account deleted
Of course Behemoth!!
15.02.2010 - 19:51
SerratedSyringe
I prefer black metal to death metal, so Belphegor is the natural choice for me. They just seem more 'raw', while Behemoth is more refined.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
15.02.2010 - 21:13
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
I had this discussion with some friends of mine at a show, and when I mentioned that I liked Belphegor better I almost got punched in the face.

Well yes, I did vote for Belphegor because ultimately I prefer to listen to albums like Goatreich-Fleshcult and Bondage Goat Zombie over listening to say... Demigod and The Apostasy. Belphegor just sounds better imo. I think that Belphegor does a very good job at mixing the coldness, and rawness of black metal with the brutality of death metal. I've never heard any band do it nearly as well.

I do have to give Behemoth some credit though. I like Inferno as a drummer, he's amazing. Also I thought that Belphegor was actually kind of weak when I saw them live. So in a live setting I'd choose Behemoth any day. Also, I liked Evangelion a lot more than I liked Walpurgis - Hexenwahn.
17.02.2010 - 18:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Bloody Rain on 15.02.2010 at 21:13

Well yes, I did vote for Belphegor because ultimately I prefer to listen to albums like Goatreich-Fleshcult and Bondage Goat Zombie over listening to say... Demigod and The Apostasy.

Have you heard their other albums? Because The Apostasy is very weak compared to most of the stuff they did before...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.02.2010 - 01:08
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
With the exception of the Behemoth albums I own, I've only also heard Satanica. However this was some time ago, and I do remember liking it but not being blown away by it.
13.03.2010 - 03:06
DIO Is God
Account deleted
Behemoth is just so amazing. They're so talented at all aspects of the music.
15.03.2010 - 00:09
ToMegaTherion
I vote for Behemoth purely for a preference in their music. I'm not that big a fan of either to be honest, by Behemoth have a number of songs that I do quite enjoy.