Metal Storm logo
Slayer - Announce New Album Title And Release Date

Thrashers Slayer finally revealed more about their new album. It already has a title and a release date. In a video, the band confirmed that Repentless is the title of the 12-track album and it's coming out via Nuclear Blast Records on September 11th, curiously enough. The title came about after a song inspired by late guitarist Jeff Hanneman.

Guitarist Kerry King recently told Metal Hammer that the song "Atrocity Vendor" appears on the album; it was released in the States on the B-side of a single but has been completely re-recorded. There's also a new version of "Implode." The version of "When The Stillness Comes" is brand new compared to the single. The title track "Repentless" was written for Jeff Hanneman. Other titles include "Vices", "Take Control" and "Cast The First Stone".

This is their latest single as you might recall:

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 22.05.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 202 users
22.05.2015 - 17:38
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Even by metal standards, this seems pretty tasteless.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
22.05.2015 - 17:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by flightoficarus on 22.05.2015 at 17:38

Even by metal standards, this seems pretty tasteless.

What is tasteless?

I really don't see anything tasteless about it, at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2015 - 17:56
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Releasing on 9/11 and using a made-up, stupid word for the title. If someone wants to challenge people, that's one thing. It feels like this is just designed to garner attention.
----
22.05.2015 - 18:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
How is releasing something on 9/11 tasteless? Just because of 2001? If that is tasteless one can't release anything on any date due to what happened in the past anywhere in the world when graver atrocities have been committed than what happened to the Twin Towers

God Hates Us All by Slayer was released on 9/11/2001
Lives Scenes Fom New York by Dream Theater was released on 9 /11/ 2001 with the following album cover art:

----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2015 - 18:00
Zap
Written by flightoficarus on 22.05.2015 at 17:56

Releasing on 9/11

9/11 is a Friday. Major labels like to release things on Fridays.

Just have a look at the biggest bands (the ones with the most fans on MS at least) under Nuclear Blast and their latest releases:
Children Of Bodom - Halo Of Blood - 07/06/13 - A Friday.
Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful - 27/03/15 - A Friday.
Blind Guardian - Beyond The Red Mirror - 30/01/15 - A Friday.
22.05.2015 - 18:03
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Yeah, I really can't see any tasteless thing here.

I'm pretty excited about this news. Let's just don't open pandora box.
22.05.2015 - 18:06
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.05.2015 at 18:00

How is releasing something on 9/11 tasteless? Just because of 2001? If that is tasteless one can't release anything on any date due to what happened in the past anywhere in the world when graver atrocities have been committed than what happened to the Twin Towers

God Hates Us All by Slayer was released on 9/11/2001
Lives Scenes Fom New York by Dream Theater was released on 9 /11/ 2001 with the following album cover art:

It's not the act, it's how they go about it. That Dream Theater example is one where it feels like a natural choice rather than "let's freak people out!!!" God Hates Us All, on the other hand, is just another attention-grabber. They have even said in interview that they don't mean those lyrics.

About 1:15
----
22.05.2015 - 18:21
Sword_Chant
Hate being pessimistic but I doubt this album will be worth the wait; I hope i'm wrong.
22.05.2015 - 18:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by flightoficarus on 22.05.2015 at 18:06

It's not the act, it's how they go about it. That Dream Theater example is one where it feels like a natural choice rather than "let's freak people out!!!" God Hates Us All, on the other hand, is just another attention-grabber. They have even said in interview that they don't mean those lyrics.

Most bands don't mean what they sing about.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2015 - 18:44
Pokermask
*yawn* :/
22.05.2015 - 18:52
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.05.2015 at 18:43

Most bands don't mean what they sing about.

Most bands aren't worth a damn. My main point is that I think Slayer should just call it a day if they have to resort to such tactics without backing it up with good music. I will still listen to Seasons and Reign regularly, of course.
----
22.05.2015 - 19:06
Opethian
Why are they still around ... oh that's why ... $$$$ from dumb blind fanboys
22.05.2015 - 20:10
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Opethian on 22.05.2015 at 19:06

[sarcasm]But, but... bands exist to make money! They're defined strictly in terms of their sales! Continuing to milk the cash cow regardless of how mediocre the material is is what music is all about man![/sarcasm]
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
22.05.2015 - 20:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I picked up GHUA on 9/11... and "Payback" was on heavy rotation for me for a long time.

as a side note, "tasteless" was the censored album art was alleged to look like multiple planes flying into a building.

----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.05.2015 - 19:56
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Maybe this is their farewell album. I think it should be.
24.05.2015 - 21:36
Opethian
Written by Auntie Sahar on 22.05.2015 at 20:10

Written by Opethian on 22.05.2015 at 19:06

[sarcasm]But, but... bands exist to make money! They're defined strictly in terms of their sales! Continuing to milk the cash cow regardless of how mediocre the material is is what music is all about man![/sarcasm]

True and indeed a fact, but at least give fans something to be proud of and not a waste of anticipation
26.05.2015 - 09:44
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Hex_Omega on 23.05.2015 at 19:56

Why? Because you don't like to listen to their new music? There's a solution to that... DON'T LISTEN!
26.05.2015 - 11:24
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Daniell on 26.05.2015 at 09:44

Written by Hex_Omega on 23.05.2015 at 19:56

Why? Because you don't like to listen to their new music? There's a solution to that... DON'T LISTEN!

Nope. Mainly because of the death of Jeff Hanneman. I thought they call it quits right after his death. Besides since God Hates Us All they are trying so hard to go back to their roots and make really great album again but they simply ran out of good ideas. Of course you can disagree with me and my point of view but do not tell me what to do just because you disagree with my honest opinion. Everybody can express their opinions here.
27.05.2015 - 02:12
parallax
Written by flightoficarus on 22.05.2015 at 17:56

Releasing on 9/11 and using a made-up, stupid word for the title. If someone wants to challenge people, that's one thing. It feels like this is just designed to garner attention.

September 11th is just another day dude. Sure something awful happened 14 years ago but bad things happen everyday. Can't stop living as we would normally. The world keeps turning.

As for the title, well you don't like it and thats fine. Seems like its just a play on words in the spirit of Hannemann being "relentless" combined with their typical anti-religious themes. I don't really feel one way or the other about it.
27.05.2015 - 10:06
slim pickings
Account deleted
The only thing i wonder now is have they used Holt in the writing process because IMO that would be or would have been a good idea.
13.06.2015 - 07:58
Sturmulus
They are grabbing someone's attention because you were talking about them.

Hits total: 3609 | This month: 8