Metal Storm logo
Immolation

Original post

Posted by Narterath, 22.05.2006 - 23:19
Still no thread on this band? They fuckin' rock! Sick, demented Death Metal with an evil atmosphere.
I have Close To A World Below and I play it constantly over these last two weeks. Great, twisted riffs, pounding drums, very awesome low-pitched (but not too monotonous) vocals and great, I do mean great, solos!
I have not yet heard their other releases, but I hope they are as good as CTAWB
Any opinions on this band?
27.04.2007 - 01:18
Stigmatized
Yeah, as you can see by my above post, the new album is very good.
16.05.2007 - 05:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I bought their new album yesterday, and...well...it's fucking Immolation. There's a ton of variation in the songs and it's just as heavy as their other albums. I've only listened to their two newest albums once, but it seems like they kicked up the pace slightly (like on their old albums) with this album than on Harnessing Ruin. I could be wrong though...
16.05.2007 - 16:07
Megad3th
Sick Minded
it's freaking awesome man no doubt .. but it's like not immolation if u listen to there old stuff but anyways it's awesome fucking sick!
16.05.2007 - 18:34
Stigmatized
Yeah, it was the same Immolation sound, but it still sounds different. Immolation is about as consistent as it gets.
09.06.2007 - 03:08
graywolf87
Account deleted
the old albums ex: Dawn of Possession kick ass, the new album I don't know, "quote me if its good and worth buying"...people If you like a band support it by voting, hate popular bands ::cough:peth::cough:: getting all the credits.
09.06.2007 - 09:11
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Immolation is the shit, they make me proud because they came from where i live and im surprised cause the vast majority listens to rap n shit. but the new album is pretty good though, well written stuff.
10.06.2007 - 19:58
MeTalHeD
Account deleted
I'm thinking of getting into them. What's their theme?
11.06.2007 - 00:12
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Immolation are for sure a legendary brutal death act, cause they have been very consistent with their albums. I love the crushing riffs and the drumming. Haven't heard their newest yet though, but it sounds like it's pretty damn brutal .
24.06.2007 - 02:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
*revives a thread yet again to mention incessant purchases*

I just got Unholy Cult in the mail, and even though I'm still listening to it, I think it's up there with Dawn of Possession and Shadows in the Light for my favorite Immolation album. Nothing really stands out, actually....everything just goes so well together and all of the musicians are on the same level. I do enjoy the deep vcoals and the bassy production the most though.

Rival the Eminent and Unholy Cult are such amazing songs...
24.06.2007 - 15:35
Stigmatized
Unholy Cult is actually one of my less favorites among Immolation's releases. The new album and Dawn of Possession are my favorites at the moment.
12.07.2007 - 00:37
Cassandra
Account deleted
immolation is great, one of my favorite death metal bands, they sound so amazing live, and they dont play that often, i hope i see them at least a few more times.... Failures for Gods has to be my favorite album of theirs, harnessing ruin really didnt do it for me as much as their other releases.
28.08.2007 - 01:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The new Immolation album grows on me with every listen. I even think it's the best death metal album this year.
15.10.2007 - 20:36
Stigmatized
Fuck yes, they're coming through Atlanta with Suffocation and Skiness on November 13th. I'm fucking there.
15.10.2007 - 20:57
Too many fail.
Just listened to close to a world below, sounds quote boring to me to be honest.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
16.10.2007 - 16:13
Woutjinho
Account deleted
never really got into this, but saw them twice. the gigs are pretty cool
16.10.2007 - 17:40
Stigmatized
I can see how you guys wouldn't be able to get into, it took me awhile. It's very dark, kind of mid-tempo death metal, which isn't everyone's cup of tea.
16.10.2007 - 21:10
Woutjinho
Account deleted
probably because I dont like tea

the dark thing is okay
but the mid-tempo is kinda slow
04.11.2007 - 04:02
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
I got into this band LATE. I mean, really late. I mean, really really late. I mean, like...earlier today late....lol.

I have been an Immolation virgin for all these years....

That's so embarrassing....I just never got around to them before....I had always expected them to sound alot less unique than they sound....they are quite good! I got "Close to a World Below" because rapidshare was out of comission for me and I found a megaupload link for it...and I heard it was pretty good. I'm likin' it, and I will have the first album (which every1 says is the best) by the time the night is out.
09.12.2007 - 09:43
Sunioj
Written by Dangerboner on 28.08.2007 at 01:28

The new Immolation album grows on me with every listen. I even think it's the best death metal album this year.

Same its took me by surprise, really.

As for their style, I always found them to be incredibly heavy. I mean, just listen to the drums while a song is playing, only the guitars are really midpaced IMO.
12.01.2008 - 04:08
mankvill
I added their upcoming European tour with Melechesh and Goatwhore, look for it soon!
12.01.2008 - 04:38
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Unholy Cult is indeed an amazing album. I think my neighbors had listened to it so many times at full volume that they now sing along with "Wolf Among The Flock".

@mankvill: Immolation + Melechesh + Goatwhore??? oh, that will be an AMAZING live experience.
12.01.2008 - 04:48
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i hate this band - when im looking for immortal CD's at my local CD store, they just pop up and get my hopes up, they're so annoying nah havent ever listened to them, maybe i will...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
12.01.2008 - 06:06
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Immolation is pretty good. I once had their work a long time ago and I listened to them very often in the week, but it was lost when I got a new computer. I downloaded their work and it's now sitting in a folder, but so far, I've only listened to "Harnessing Ruin". (Yes, I am a VERY lazy bastard.) I should listen to the rest of their work some time.
12.01.2008 - 18:58
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 12.01.2008 at 06:06

Immolation is pretty good. I once had their work a long time ago and I listened to them very often in the week, but it was lost when I got a new computer. I downloaded their work and it's now sitting in a folder, but so far, I've only listened to "Harnessing Ruin". (Yes, I am a VERY lazy bastard.) I should listen to the rest of their work some time.

Dawn. Of. Possession. Get it now! Its a pure classic...
12.01.2008 - 22:07
mankvill
Tour is up! Europeans, go check it out!
26.01.2008 - 03:08
How do you all think Here in After and/ or Failures for Gods stack up to the rest of their discography? Haven't seen any mention of either of those albums in this thread.
26.01.2008 - 03:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by theflyingmachine on 26.01.2008 at 03:08

How do you all think Here in After and/ or Failures for Gods stack up to the rest of their discography? Haven't seen any mention of either of those albums in this thread.

I haven't heard Failures for Gods, but I don't care much for Here in After. It was my first Immolation album, but it's probably my least favorite because it's boring. The first time I listened to it I didn't like it, the second time I played it I thought it was pretty good, and the third time I played it (recently) I had to turn it off because I was so bored. I know other people like it though, so I guess I'm no help haha.
26.01.2008 - 03:38
Richard
Elite
They're both worth getting, but out of those two, I prefer Here In After. However, bear in mind that it's quite technical and hard to get into at first.. but it's one of those albums where perseverence pays off, and after a few listens you find the songs are actually quite catchy in their own way. Also, the production on Here In After is relatively clear, whereas on Failures For Gods it's a bit murky.. i.e. the guitar parts are easier to distinguish on Here In After.
----
26.01.2008 - 16:15
Stigmatized
Yeah, I enjoy FFG, but the production really put me off at first. It's still probably my least favorite Immolation album.
25.03.2008 - 22:24
Though I had also heard Unholy Cult and Failures for Gods, Dawn of Possession is my first purchase of Immolation. I think I got the non-remastered version, which is fine with me...the production reminds me of that on Blasphemy Made Flesh or Effigy as it is bassy and slightly quieter than usual, but not bad by any means. There are a few songs which are catchier and more memorable than the others, although the remaining songs are still very good. Whoever calls this album a classic and must-have is spot on.

I don't know exactly why I took so long to get into Immolation, but am definitely glad I did.