Metal Storm logo
Immolation

Original post

Posted by Narterath, 22.05.2006 - 23:19
Still no thread on this band? They fuckin' rock! Sick, demented Death Metal with an evil atmosphere.
I have Close To A World Below and I play it constantly over these last two weeks. Great, twisted riffs, pounding drums, very awesome low-pitched (but not too monotonous) vocals and great, I do mean great, solos!
I have not yet heard their other releases, but I hope they are as good as CTAWB
Any opinions on this band?
16.08.2008 - 07:22
hardRAWKR
Account deleted
I've only heard one album by Immolation (Closer To A World Below), but I can definitely say they are in my top favorite bands now.
02.10.2008 - 17:42
I heard Failures For Gods once before purchasing and was impressed, but after hearing this album a few times, I am seriously shocked as to why it is one of the less talked about albums. The album has raw production like Dawn of Possession, but is more pissed off and brutal. But, it is able to slow down with some extremely catchy doom riffs. An underrated classic to say the least.
02.10.2008 - 23:57
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I really like Imolation's sound, i'm thinking it's time i get around to buying some of their albums soon. Any recommendations as to which ones i should get first ? I'm thinking either their latest, Dawn of Possession or Close to a World Below.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
03.10.2008 - 15:00
Sunioj
Written by Visioneerie on 02.10.2008 at 23:57

I really like Imolation's sound, i'm thinking it's time i get around to buying some of their albums soon. Any recommendations as to which ones i should get first ? I'm thinking either their latest, Dawn of Possession or Close to a World Below.

DOP and CTAWB are actually my favorites. Though DOP sounds slightly more old school and unique IMO to their discography, mainly in terms of production though.
03.10.2008 - 17:55
Agreed....check out DOP. But some people who are really into this band seem to like that album less for some reason. Failures for gods is also recommended
08.10.2008 - 05:45
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Thanks dudes, i'll keep Failures for Gods in mind also, can't wait to get my hands on one of their records.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
17.02.2009 - 04:02
Conservationist
Quote:

Death metal spread itself around the world, zooming in and out of media focus, and probably died and was reborn several times. Stalwart pillars of the death metal community remain, guiding it past the social hype and dead ends, and one of the most persistent is New York's Immolation. These death metal craftsmen have created detailed, artful death metal since the late 1980s and have influenced every generation of the genre. We were lucky to catch Ross Dolan for a few questions.

Immolation interview

Immolation has been a classic for me since Dawn of Possession. Their 2007 album, Shadows in the Light, keeps up the intensity well for a band in their 22nd year of activity. Anyone else dig Immolation?
17.02.2009 - 19:16
Written by Conservationist on 17.02.2009 at 04:02

Quote:

Anyone else dig Immolation?

I dunno, maybe one or two of the people who posted on this thread
Personally, I prefer the material of earlier Immolation, as it is just a little more raw.
15.03.2009 - 20:40
WITCHCLAN
I have only heard Dawn Of Possession which is one of my favourite albums - not been able to get hold of any of their other stuff and when I see stuff on ebay it's always too expensive although I would love to see how they are playing these days. Can anyone recommend their new stuff?
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.
16.03.2009 - 00:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yep. If you would have read the other pages you would see lots of praise for Shadows in the Light.
04.08.2009 - 17:48
I bought Close to a World below recently after hearing it a couple of times, and I've probably listened to it about 8-10 times now. The guitar solos are legendary and it is pretty obvious that the tracks are well constructed. But, outside of the solos, I just can't seem to get into the album. I dunno, maybe I need to give it another couple of listens.
17.10.2009 - 02:20
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Pain and depressive awesomeness this band. my old death metal band opened up for them years ago on the close to a world below tour. cool dudes. their atmospheric depressive death metal style speaks to me.
06.01.2010 - 04:10
I_Die_Often
Looking forward to seeing them on tour with Nile in a couple weeks!!!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
28.02.2010 - 07:37
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Been listening to the leak of their new album the last couple of days and im really digging it killer album, immolation really know how to consistently bring us brutal offerings to listen to
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
14.09.2010 - 12:10
Candlemass
Defaeco
Robert Vigna is one of the most talented riffs writers in history of death metal.
Punishing band, imperative for any hardcore death metal fan.
17.10.2010 - 04:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Anus.com thinks new Immolation is metalcore

reviews

fuck that site
17.10.2010 - 11:43
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Dangerboner on 17.10.2010 at 04:42

reviews

fuck that site

i laughed loud at this review but also i got fuckin angry with this motherfucker as people who dont know immolation will read this and will believe those stupid shit he said...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.10.2010 - 17:39
Yea I quit reading the reviews on that site because the way he writes is so fucking pompous. But at least calling the new Immolation metalcore proves that he doesn't know much of anything.
17.10.2010 - 17:44
vezzy
Stallmanite

reviews

fuck that site

Anus.com has always been fucked up in their genre classifications and characteristics.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
17.10.2010 - 19:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
My GOD buit what else could we expect from ANUS?

I loved this bit "verse/chorus-break-verse/chorus-symbolic" mmmm, have they listened to early death metal albums? Most have that same pattern as well
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2010 - 21:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
If anyone accuses my reviews of being pointless word play again I'll just refer them to that Immolation page.
17.10.2010 - 22:01
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Haha that page is funny as hell.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
21.10.2010 - 01:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by vezzy on 17.10.2010 at 17:44

reviews

fuck that site

Anus.com has always been fucked up in their genre classifications and characteristics.

Yeah, I know. If the album that they are reviewing isn't Burzum, Arghoslent, or Beherit, they call it metalcore. They call everything metalcore. I bet if their smoothie blender doesn't work very well they'd call it metalcore.
10.03.2011 - 23:32
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
The last Immolation album I listened to was "Harnessing Ruin", so when I listened to "Majesty and Decay", I was mesmerized by its amazing and evil ferocity. I can see why this was chosen as Metal Storm's death metal album of the year.
10.03.2011 - 23:33
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 21.10.2010 at 01:15

Written by vezzy on 17.10.2010 at 17:44

reviews

fuck that site

Yeah, I know. If the album that they are reviewing isn't Burzum, Arghoslent, or Beherit, they call it metalcore. They call everything metalcore. I bet if their smoothie blender doesn't work very well they'd call it metalcore.

Anus.com hasn't be relevant since 2005, so I don't bother paying attention to them anyway.
10.03.2011 - 23:41
RavenKing

reviews

fuck that site

When did ANUS get any credibility?
The name of the website itself is a strong hint at what you can expect to come out of it.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
10.03.2011 - 23:50
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 10.03.2011 at 23:41

reviews

fuck that site

When did ANUS get any credibility?
The name of the website itself is a strong hint at what you can expect to come out of it.

I still remember this old joke posted on Metal Storm five years ago: "What comes out of an anus? Shit. What's the name of the website?"
26.06.2011 - 00:31
JD
Account deleted
Is it just me, or Ross dolan, and Robert vigna's performance is funny\hilarious on stage?, they do stupid things with their shoulders\necks\hands\heads, while playin on guitars, they always try to be brutal on stage, but i don't buy it, they look funny to me.
20.11.2011 - 04:46
Ploinky
Does anyone know of a safe (and legal) place to purchase a download of the "Dawn of Possession" album? I picked up all their other albums on iTunes, driving me nuts that I can't get his one. Thanks!
20.11.2011 - 04:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
A legal download? Not unless you find it on iTunes like the rest of their stuff, unfortunately.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."