Metal Storm logo
More creative during the day or during the night?

Poll

When are you usually more creative?

during the night/evening
during the day

Total votes: 141
10.04.2007 - 13:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I was wondering if there is a specific pattern in your artistic productions, i mean if you have a certain period where you tend to be more inspired or with that urge to write/paint/play (whatever it is your artistic release). I just thought it would be interesting to know. In my case, for instance, is usually during the night that I tend to write more.

Share your thoughts on this please
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.04.2007 - 13:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well I vote for during the night/evening

When I write my poems, and song lyrics its mouistly in nights and eves
Moustly it hepens in late summer, autumn and winter, its because in sumer its light oustdie, if its posible change sprimng summer heat and time when in autumn gets dark, ist be great, I dunno, but in bouth time im depresed but moustly write in autums, i dunno but that atmosfere4 what are them its for doom and it inspirates me specely greay dark eve when leaves fall
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.04.2007 - 15:03
Vrana
During the night. Just befor I go to sleep usually. Noone bothers me at that time and I really need something that relax me before I go to sleep.
10.04.2007 - 15:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
during the day, i honestly don't know why, but maybe it's because in the evening the house is full, and i can't have some privacy(i really want privacy when i write stuff)
10.04.2007 - 17:25
Zenzero
Zenzero
During the day... cos the night I want only to sleep!!!night is only to sleep and sex!!but in the weekend is to drink too!!!
10.04.2007 - 17:47
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I voted for the daytime because I'm inactive at night; I sleep at night
I go to bed usually around 10 PM and wake up between 6 to 7 AM. I follow this timing strictly, because if I don't, I'll feel sleepy during the daytime. and I feel active during the daytime. So, If I have to do something 'creative', I do it during daytime.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
11.04.2007 - 00:39
tulkas
el parcero
With me it's both, that's why I don't vote. My artistic releases are in written form and my inspiration comes for example when I'm class on the university, so I start doing like a sketh with the general ideas.

Same happens sometimes when I go out at nights, like from something I see or hear or whatever I get inspiration from it and just start writing...
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
11.04.2007 - 02:25
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Interesting question!!

Well, I rarely have will to play guitar during the day (that sucks), nut almost every evening around 23:30 I wish to play guitar, and most of the times I cant, because someone in house already sleeps.... I must fix my headphones, so I could play in night and not disturb others.....

Even sometimes when I lay in bed, in that time just before you fall asleep, some riff or whatever gets in my head, but when I get up and pick up gutar I usualy already forgot it.

And often I get some idea for drawing, I have lot of good ideas in my head, but i suck in drawing, so its useles....
----
11.04.2007 - 07:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
For me its the night for some odd reason, all good drawing, musical writing or lyric writing comes to me during the night, because during the day I always second guess my own ideas for some reason.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.04.2007 - 13:14
Torelli
For me it's early morning or in the evning/night. I suppose that's beacuse I'm half-asleep during that time, and it's then the most intresting thoughts take form...
13.04.2007 - 01:23
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I dont think that there is a "specific" time for me to write, I mean, I write anytime I have a creative idea :p it can very well be noon as well as 5AM
----
17.04.2007 - 16:30
slowdeathchick
when im drawing or anything, its usually at night time when I can lay on my bed and not have to worry about anything that needs to be done for the day. That's the other thing, Im always in my room when im creating...
----
The past defines the future, but sometimes you must leave something behind to be able to grow.

Gaahl
18.04.2007 - 14:44
dark-1988
Account deleted
during the night/evening.

Tend to be more relaxed. So I usually try to think creativly, lol, during the evening. Also, is great because my (cartoon styled) drawings reflect the day just gone.
Plus I have college during the day and go out during the day on the weekends.
19.04.2007 - 00:50
LadyThrash
Account deleted
good topic, for me it happens to be when i am falling asleep, i think of new ideas etc... but to actually DO things (im a photographer incase you wondered) morning is best for me..
19.04.2007 - 01:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.04.2007 at 00:50

good topic, for me it happens to be when i am falling asleep, i think of new ideas etc... but to actually DO things (im a photographer incase you wondered) morning is best for me..

Interesting such thinks hepens whit me whyle Im half between deep sleep and half between wake up, usualy then I think best poems and thinks but when wake up I lsot all ideas
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2007 - 01:25
LadyThrash
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.04.2007 at 01:20

Interesting such thinks hepens whit me whyle Im half between deep sleep and half between wake up, usualy then I think best poems and thinks but when wake up I lsot all ideas

yea, i would write down the ideas if i could be bothered to get up at 2.30AM ha.. so i hope that i remeber by the morning... its worked so far.
19.04.2007 - 01:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.04.2007 at 01:25

Written by Bad English on 19.04.2007 at 01:20

yea, i would write down the ideas if i could be bothered to get up at 2.30AM ha.. so i hope that i remeber by the morning... its worked so far.

hehe some ideas I remeber but if I compose poem, lyric maybe I remember about what is it but not lines and words
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2007 - 06:00
iaberis
Advice Troll
Actually I'd say during the night cause there's all the quite I need. Also when I can't sleep in the night, I take my guitar and start practicing...
----
Bitch! Please
20.04.2007 - 22:40
Pinusar
Account deleted
The night and the day both affect my creativity differently and in a good way(maybe they don't affect it but I think they do). During the day I get some good Ideas but then I have more trouble to start doing or writing something. I also like to compose music in bright mornings, then I get some original(compared to my other) thoughts. Also, maybe weather affects me even more(but that's off-topic.) In the evening I sometimes have good waves of inspiration and creativity, then I like to write something, but it's better to play guitar for me, because if I want to write or draw(i don't draw very often).

As I see, my text has been quite vague so fur, so I will sum it up by saying that if I had to give a straight answer, I'd say evening, because then the atmosphere is more relaxing and calm and I sometimes get strange thoughts then, which I like. Anyway, the time of day doesn't afffect me too much(atleast I haven't noticed:D)
20.04.2007 - 23:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
thanks for all the opinions. its very interesting to listen to them
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.04.2007 - 03:08
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Paganblood on 10.04.2007 at 17:47

I voted for the daytime because I'm inactive at night; I sleep at night
I go to bed usually around 10 PM and wake up between 6 to 7 AM. I follow this timing strictly, because if I don't, I'll feel sleepy during the daytime. and I feel active during the daytime. So, If I have to do something 'creative', I do it during daytime.

It happens exactñly the same with me, I go to bed at 11 Pm and get up between 4 and 6 depending on my class schedule. Because at night I'm usually very tired and lately I haven't been sleeping much, so I try to sleep at night. About creative/artistic stuff I do, mostly drawing, curiously I draw a lot in class. I haven't written anything for a while, but Still when i write, it's usually during the day. Night is for sleeping.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.04.2007 - 19:56
APOHAKC
The Bard
When I was younger everything I was doing was during the daylight. After some time I changed day for night. All my best drawings were created after 22:00... I was living like that for a very long time, while day I was at school or training and I was draw/compose during night.. I almost never slept (2-3 hours a day) and I never felt tired... About one year ago my eyes sterted to bother me and I was in danger to loos my view (I am not sure how to say this in english )... I stoped with drawing but I am still playing guitar and flute during the night...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
28.04.2007 - 23:37
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
For this, I shall take into account the articles that I write for Uncyclopedia. I chose during the day, because it is then that I am not sleepy. When I fall to sleep, I tend to forget everything that happened to me the day before, so I write during the day when my ideas are still fresh in my mind. Also, if I have an idea while I'm writing, fall to sleep, wake back up, and go back to work, my train of thought is completely different than the day before. I try to write during the day so that I don't forget tomorrow.
01.05.2007 - 19:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
I just can't do anything creative when it's sunlight, if that's the case I must be out or doing something physical. During the evenings is when my right half of the brain is awake.
----
01.05.2007 - 22:15
DeathMuffin
Usually during the night, since I'm always dead tired during the day and wide-awake-can't-sleep at nightime.
02.05.2007 - 22:51
Bulldozer
Account deleted
No vote.
An inspiration can come anytime, anywhere.
03.05.2007 - 02:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Night, mostly. I like it when it's quiet around here, I am a bit tired (I especially love to listen music at this time, takes it to a whole other level). Then I write best, though I don't write much.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.05.2007 - 06:17
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I didn't vote because it deppends on the person, but also it deppends on external circumstances, for example: I've got inspiration to write at night, in complete silence after a storm, or in a dark day, with a lot of rain and mist, or a quiet day with dark clouds in the sky, in a windy day, etc. Now I'd like to try to write something at dawn, Damn, it must be great!
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
14.05.2007 - 10:52
pencil-tounge
Account deleted
at night about when im to tired to remember the keyboardsettings...
sometimes i cant even read it myself the day after....
02.06.2007 - 15:13
Piro
I get more , and better ideas at night but am often to tired/lazy to write them down, so I would have to say during the day, because I actaully get something down on paper/typed.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>