Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2018

05.01.2018 - 19:27
3rdWorld
China was a neat
You know the drill, post any metal album released/upcoming in 2018 that you listened, found worthy and want to recommend to others.

UK one-man black metal with a heavy wall-of-noise production. Its on Sentient Ruin, so guaranteed to deliver.

Vessel Of Iniquity - Vessel Of Iniquity

05.01.2018 - 19:27
3rdWorld
China was a neat
One of the best doom tracks for an album premier I've heard for 2018. A massive 30 minute monster. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. Nice to see such quality albums from the Indian label, Transcending Obscurity.

Towards Atlantis Lights - Dust Of Aeons

Another nice hipster-ish black metal from the aussies Arketh, with lot of keyboards, psychedelic-y parts and sax. Their third album, the follow-up to their 2010 album and their first on the brilliant Transcending Obscurity records.

Arkheth - 12 Winter Moons Comes The Witches Brew

Black/Death/Doom from Iron Bonehead productions. Debut album for this Portugal band who had an EP as well last year on IBP.

Summon - Parazv Il Zilittv

Really heavy and great sounding post-metal from Sweden. Vox are a slight letdown though.

Doppälgängär - Melencholia

New double album from Panopticon also interests me, sadly no samples yet.

">
Panopticon - The Scars Of Man On The Once Nameless Wilderness I And II

Other albums I am looking forward to - Atrament's 2nd full length.

">
Atrament - Scum Sect

Same case for the new third full length LP from the monsters Abstracter.

Abstracter - Cinereous Incarnate

Death metal/crust goodness from this Texas band featuring members of Power Trip, Iron Reagan, Darkest Hour on Relapse records. Should satisfy old school fans easily.

Mammoth Grinder - Cosmic Crypt

Another relapse death metal album to feature Joe Petagno cover. Washingtonian Genocide Pact's sophomore full length.

Genocide Pact - Order Of Torment

Dark Descent's opener for 2018. Spanish doom infused death quartet Ataraxy's sophomore full length.

Ataraxy - Where All Hope Fades

05.01.2018 - 20:45
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
That Arkheth sounds pretty good. Sounds like a mix of Transcending Bizarre? and Kitties Of Death
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
07.01.2018 - 08:16
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Great sounding death/doom from Relapse, the fifth full length from Ilsa.

Ilsa - Corpse Fortress

Posting this for the artwork mainly, death thrash from Florida.

Revenger - The New Mythology Vol. 1

08.01.2018 - 19:14
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Another 3CD album this year after Therion's. Very much looking forward to this.

">
Necros Christos - Domedon Doxomedon

14.01.2018 - 06:51
togo95
Volahn has a new track.

15.01.2018 - 02:07
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I swear I reviewed a band called Abstracter for the Clandestine Cuts years ago. I'll have to see if it was the same one.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
16.01.2018 - 16:17
mz
Seems like no one recommends drone here except for me
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
16.01.2018 - 17:49
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Written by mz on 16.01.2018 at 16:17

Usually I'm not a huge fan of drone tbh so I rarely recommend it.
16.01.2018 - 19:17
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by mz on 16.01.2018 at 16:17

Which is why you should get back on it.
17.01.2018 - 09:04
cantrollmyrs
Awesome list. Some of these are on Spotify so having a listen!
17.01.2018 - 23:49
mz
Written by 3rdWorld on 16.01.2018 at 19:17

Which is why you should get back on it.

tnx man.
Life is on a fast track now and I barely have time to do anything except for the work. I have not heard any music in ages
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
22.01.2018 - 19:28
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
That tasty French sludge/hardcore

Necrodancer --- Void

----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
24.01.2018 - 07:28
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Funeral Doom courtesy from Solitude Production's competition, GS Productions. It's from my country, Peru. Glad we have at least a couple of good doom metal bands here.

Sepultus Est --- Principios Del Atardecer

Also from Perú, Antichrist is a death/doom band that worships Disembowelment, coming soon via Iron Bonehead.

----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
08.02.2018 - 01:41
Zap
Some tasty, proggy doom with saxophone and lovely artwork. Very old school meets more modern trends type of thing.
16.02.2018 - 21:13
Zap
First track streaming from Convocation's debut. A death/doom band with members of Desolate Shrine and Dark Buddha Rising. Expect that thick, dark production that's characteristic of DS with lots more DoOoOoOoOoM. Yeah, it's great.
17.02.2018 - 20:48
3rdWorld
China was a neat
These Finnish band's third record, Troy would be happy. The first track sounds great too.

TotalSelfHatred - Solitude

22.02.2018 - 14:16
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Western influenced epic black:

Untamed Land - Between The Winds
----
- Reimu Hakurei
23.02.2018 - 20:46
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Karlabos on 22.02.2018 at 14:16

Western influenced epic black:

That sounds danker than a line of cocaine in 70s Harlem, will have to scope when I get home from work. Thanks buddy
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
27.02.2018 - 04:54
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

Hardcore/Beatdown. Close enough. Pretty dang groovy.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.03.2018 - 18:32
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Romanian folk/alternative metal, live album recorded with a national folkloric orchestra

Dirty Shirt - FolkCore DeTour
Bandcamp

A recording of that performance:

A blend of that americana roots rock feel with sludge metal

Huntsmen - American Scrap
Bandcamp

Female fronted technical death/thrash

Xenoblight - Procreation
Bandcamp

Progressive metal with clean vox, Hannes Grossman on drums, Davide Tiso from Ephel Duath on guitars and Jason McMaster from Watchtower on vox

Howling Sycamore - Howling Sycamore
Bandcamp
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
10.03.2018 - 04:33
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Really weird one from my neck of the woods (Florida). Not sure what to really call this exactly... super proggy and at times psychedelic blend of black and death I guess. Very atypical, puzzling songwriting. The technical widdly diddly aspect is a bit of a challenge at first, but it's definitely not as bad as some other bands get with it and can grow on you a bit as well. A lot more good on this album than bad, it's worth a solid 7 at the very least.

----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
10.03.2018 - 05:08
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Pretty colossal blend of doom, death, and black right here, one of the most evil sounding releases I've heard in a while. Seems to be going off a theme of power hungry leaders throughout human history, and the music is definitely quite hellish and abrasive to follow suit. Pretty unique on the overall blend of sound too,bunch of noise and industrial influences here and there and it can get a little "epic" at points as well (albeit in a very dark manner) during the slower, more atmospheric moments. Powerful stuff.

----

~ II. VII
12.03.2018 - 18:11
Mercurial
What a thoroughly brilliant black metal number, particularly from the title track onwards; some of those sweeping melodies are Godly. The outro track is typically elating to the nth degree.

12.03.2018 - 19:54
Nickteam
Russian Symphonic Metal band Harvest Time (Russian - "Время Жатвы") released their new album "Чтобы взошло завтра солнце". The album was recorded/mixed and mastered in "REDHORSE STUDIO" by Valentin Suldin.

https://soundcloud.com/harvesttime

Harvest Time was formed in 2011 at Moscow by Nikolay Temnoyarov (Keyboards/Guitar), Maria Guseva (Vocals) and Vitaliy Belov (Lyrics). In 2012 the band released their first self-titled album, and the second album "Час мародёра" was released in 2015.

14.03.2018 - 22:37
3rdWorld
China was a neat
New album from swiss post-hardcore/sludge band Abraham on the The Ocean Collective's home label Pelagic Records.

Abraham - Look, Here Comes The Dark!

20.03.2018 - 15:33
Risto
Wandering Midget
Fireproven's debut album Future Diary can be streamed in advance here (comes out on the 23rd). Quality extreme prog!
23.03.2018 - 21:47
Neachy
This is my favorite thing I've heard so far this year. This is the sophomore LP from this one man band from France. His first release was atmospheric black metal but this one has taken on a much more twisted blackened death metal sound. Well worth a listen for any fan of extreme metal.
24.03.2018 - 17:48
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Lofi ambient black which is actually good!

Ledas - My Spirit Around Me Night And Day

Also... Is this the best band photo?
----
- Reimu Hakurei
24.03.2018 - 19:17
Czerny Reiter
Decent mid to fast paced 2nd wavish black metal, nothing too fancy.

Verheerer - maltrér