03. Terrorism
04. Multiculturalism Is Genocide
05. Pink Metal
06. Rape And Kill Animals Attack Women

Bottom 20 albums of all time: 2

Staff review by
Auntie Sahar
Rating:
There has been a lot of controversy in the metal community as of late, and within the black metal community especially. Peosphoros have a little something to say about it.

Read more ››
published 14.05.2018 | Comments (75)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 38   Visited by: 432 users
15.05.2018 - 03:50
Rating: 3
Ugh, no thanks.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
19.05.2018 - 17:25
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Come on guys let's go listen to Anal Cunt.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
19.05.2018 - 17:54
Mercurial
3 more votes before probably pushing Tanner's masterpiece out of 3rd place of the bottom 20 lelel
21.05.2018 - 17:00
Rating: 1
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Mercurial on 19.05.2018 at 17:54

3 more votes before probably pushing Tanner's masterpiece out of 3rd place of the bottom 20 lelel

It's about damn time.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.05.2018 - 18:19
Rating: 2
cobrapel
Concept One
Masterpiece
22.05.2018 - 02:26
Vermoorden
Probably the worst album ever recorded.
22.05.2018 - 02:28
Vermoorden
Written by Mercurial on 19.05.2018 at 17:54

Its passed that now lol. All thats left is lulu at number 1.
22.05.2018 - 04:27
Vombatus
Potorro
So much hate. MS seems to be full of transphobic people... is this even an alt-right hideout?
22.05.2018 - 05:52
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Hitler is died but he'll always live in our hearts
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
22.05.2018 - 18:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Vombatus on 22.05.2018 at 04:27
So much hate. MS seems to be full of transphobic people... is this even an alt-right hideout?

I must assume you are trolling here cuz you definitely don't need to be any of those things to dislike this album. :\
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.05.2018 - 21:16
Mercurial
I assumed it was an obscure joke of some sort. There's no evidence of transphobia here or on the review. Some Tumblr-esque gubbins if serious.
22.05.2018 - 22:50
Rating: 7
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Bottom 20 of all time? That was released a month ago!

Well, but then again you guys think Semargl and Liturgy were also bad, so...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
22.05.2018 - 23:13
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Karlabos on 22.05.2018 at 22:50

Top 20 of all time? That was released a month ago!
Well, but then again you guys think Semargl and Liturgy were also bad, so...

I checked Quetzalcoatl one more time and it's still a piece of shit.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.05.2018 - 02:05
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by X-Ray Rod on 22.05.2018 at 18:49

I must assume you are trolling here cuz you definitely don't need to be any of those things to dislike this album. :\

Written by Mercurial on 22.05.2018 at 21:16

I assumed it was an obscure joke of some sort. There's no evidence of transphobia here or on the review. Some Tumblr-esque gubbins if serious.

It was just a joke imitating SJW-esque comments, considering the band's topic/imagery.

Thought the trolling was quite obvious
23.05.2018 - 02:31
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Uhm... WTF is this?!!?!!
23.05.2018 - 04:40
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by tominator on 23.05.2018 at 02:31

Uhm... WTF is this?!!?!!

It's called lo-fi. Yeah... Apparently it's not for everyone
----
- Reimu Hakurei
23.05.2018 - 12:28
Mercurial
Written by Vombatus on 23.05.2018 at 02:05

It was just a joke imitating SJW-esque comments, considering the band's topic/imagery.

Thought the trolling was quite obvious

We're practically living in a post-satire era so it's not always easy to tell
23.05.2018 - 15:08
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Vombatus on 22.05.2018 at 04:27

It's certainly full of people who act as if the next Holocaust is occurring if a band plays even remotely out of key.

*Transl: People take their disappointment with albums and run to Jupiter and back with it.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
23.05.2018 - 17:51
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Written by Karlabos on 23.05.2018 at 04:40

It's called lo-fi. Yeah... Apparently it's not for everyone

Hmmm. Listening to this album reminded me of that meme about the recording setup for black metal albums (the one with the plastic toys). But hey I've listened to other stuff that had similar production and still liked it. Anyway so it's obvious this album is meant to be ironic but I don't know what to think about it. I can definitely understand the people that say it comes over as try hard (especially with the album cover and nazi flag). I don't really see it as something that pushes boundaries musically like some people are saying tbh. In fact I find it quite average in terms of the instrument department. Also irony is a good thing but making your songs damn near unlistenable because you want them to be ironic is not a pluspoint. Like... god damn that screeching is horrible imo. That's not innovation, that's just bad imo. Only one other album besides this one that gave me a headache with the first song and that was St. Anger with its trashcan sounding drumkit. And that's not an album you want to be compared with in terms of how annoying the sound and production can be...

Anyway I'm probably not the target audience for this kind of stuff anyway since I'm not really someone that cares about shock acts like this. Because it usually gives me the impression that the show surrounding it and wanting to be controversial is more important than the music itself which to me is disappointing. And I have that feeling with this album as well. To me it basically means getting attention for the wrong things. But like I said I don't value these kind of attempts at being shocking, while others might see more value in that.
23.05.2018 - 21:03
Zap
Written by tominator on 23.05.2018 at 17:51

Hmmm. Listening to this album reminded me of that meme about the recording setup for black metal albums (the one with the plastic toys). But hey I've listened to other stuff that had similar production and still liked it. Anyway so it's obvious this album is meant to be ironic but I don't know what to think about it. I can definitely understand the people that say it comes over as try hard (especially with the album cover and nazi flag). I don't really see it as something that pushes boundaries musically like some people are saying tbh. In fact I find it quite average in terms of the instrument department. Also irony is a good thing but making your songs damn near unlistenable because you want them to be ironic is not a pluspoint. Like... god damn that screeching is horrible imo. That's not innovation, that's just bad imo. Only one other album besides this one that gave me a headache with the first song and that was St. Anger with its trashcan sounding drumkit. And that's not an album you want to be compared with in terms of how annoying the sound and production can be...

Anyway I'm probably not the target audience for this kind of stuff anyway since I'm not really someone that cares about shock acts like this. Because it usually gives me the impression that the show surrounding it and wanting to be controversial is more important than the music itself which to me is disappointing. And I have that feeling with this album as well. To me it basically means getting attention for the wrong things. But like I said I don't value these kind of attempts at being shocking, while others might see more value in that.

Pretty much nailed it. Every word.
23.05.2018 - 22:59
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite

Constructive, civil criticism

And that's how you express your dissatisfaction with something respectfully without straight ranting about it, insulting, and coming off like a child throwing a tantrum. You have my respect, good sir, and I tip my digital hat to you
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
24.05.2018 - 00:22
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

(...) Anyway so it's obvious this album is meant to be ironic but I don't know what to think about it. I can definitely understand the people that say it comes over as try hard (especially with the album cover and nazi flag). (...)
(...) Anyway I'm probably not the target audience for this kind of stuff anyway since I'm not really someone that cares about shock acts like this.(...)

Well I'm not exactly liking this because of imagery or lyrics either, since I'm not very moved by such things when it comes to music. Those things can only make me press play on an album but after that button is pressed all it matters to me is the music itself.

Quote:

(...)Hmmm. Listening to this album reminded me of that meme about the recording setup for black metal albums (the one with the plastic toys). But hey I've listened to other stuff that had similar production and still liked it. (...)
(...)I don't really see it as something that pushes boundaries musically like some people are saying tbh. In fact I find it quite average in terms of the instrument department. (...)

Well here I'm gonna have to disagree. I still think this is pretty original. And that's the sole reason I like it tbh.
I can understand why some people might say it's horrible though, it's about the same case as Liturgy. It's lo-fi and it's weird, so it's kind of a specific taste.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
24.05.2018 - 02:07
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Written by Auntie Sahar on 23.05.2018 at 22:59

You have my respect, good sir, and I tip my digital hat to you

I shall do the same, good sir.
24.05.2018 - 02:36
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Written by Karlabos on 24.05.2018 at 00:22

Well here I'm gonna have to disagree. I still think this is pretty original. And that's the sole reason I like it tbh.
I can understand why some people might say it's horrible though, it's about the same case as Liturgy. It's lo-fi and it's weird, so it's kind of a specific taste.

Totally viable opinion. And yes I definitely agree with what you say about it being a specific taste. Like I said I'm personally not a fan of it and I don't find it all that special but that's maybe because I don't really have that mindset for this type of stuff. To me it comes over as generic black metal with bad vocals. Just like there are probably a bunch of albums that I like, which others would describe as utterly generic.

I would never be able to like these vocals like I mentioned I think they are absolutely horrible and shock acts in general is something I really don't care about. But it does seem like some people see something in it and that's great. Reason why I checked it out was out of curiosity since it seemed to get really low scores even for this type of divisive albums. So yeah, definitely not something for me (nor will it ever be I think) but I'm glad that atleast some people enjoy it.
24.05.2018 - 02:40
Vombatus
Potorro
I agree with the Weirdo.

If I had to explain why this is quite decent:
I get all the focus on the "fabulous" vocals, but they are only very present at the start, when the soprano and particualrly black metal type of vocals are just as or more prominent on the rest of the album (did people even get past the first track?).
Personally, I find the mix of three vocals quite interesting, specially considering they are all opposed and create contrast. The low-fi production is fantastic, love the organic drums and that bass/guitar/whatever is quite unique with that "chugging"/industrial-ish sound (still waiting for examples of bands doing the same, as I thought this didn't bring anything new and is so not original, right? RIGHT??!!...). Some very catchy melodies, the last track is a great example.

Tbh, I'd have a hard time to see why this is the "wooorst album evah, yoh!!1!!1!" if you are minimally interested in experimental/weird music. Obviously, if someone is not into this music spectrum, I wouldn't even bother. Insisting so much on the contrary seems quite puerile, more so without expressing an articulated opinion as many people seem to do here.
It's certainly not amazing, but I honestly doubt the intention behind it was to create a timeless masterpiece. Provides entertainment, stays short and focused along some memorable parts, which is good enough for me. Much like other non-serious over the top bands, like in grindcore for example. I don't view this differently.
24.05.2018 - 03:06
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Yeah I can certainly see why some people would say the music is bad, but I really don't think there's much foundation for saying it isn't original. What other bands really come close to the type of sound going on here? It might be a pain in the ass to listen to, sure, but it's definitely not something you hear every day, or even every month.
----

~ II. VII
24.05.2018 - 12:50
Ball Fondlers
With all this chat I just had to have a listen. Geez it's not as bad as the rating suggests, I found myself laughing quite a lot at some of the lyrics (I am pretty immature though). Sure, it's not good, but it has its moments
24.05.2018 - 13:25
Zap
Written by Auntie Sahar on 24.05.2018 at 03:06

Yeah I can certainly see why some people would say the music is bad, but I really don't think there's much foundation for saying it isn't original. What other bands really come close to the type of sound going on here?

Just goes to show how originality doesn't automatically make something good, hehe. But yeah I'll give you that it is indeed original.
24.05.2018 - 13:30
Zap
Written by Ball Fondlers on 24.05.2018 at 12:50

With all this chat I just had to have a listen. Geez it's not as bad as the rating suggests, I found myself laughing quite a lot at some of the lyrics (I am pretty immature though). Sure, it's not good, but it has its moments

I think the low rating has more to do with people's rating habits. People rate things very emotionally a lot of the time. When they hear an aspect of the music they really don't like (in this case for most people the vocals and/or lo-fi production) they stop taking into account the things they do like or find okay. That's why loads of people have tons of 10s 9s as well as 2s and 1s but very little 5s or 6s. My theory at least.
24.05.2018 - 13:49
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Written by Zap on 24.05.2018 at 13:30

I think the low rating has more to do with people's rating habits. People rate things very emotionally a lot of the time. When they hear an aspect of the music they really don't like (in this case for most people the vocals and/or lo-fi production) they stop taking into account the things they do like or find okay. That's why loads of people have tons of 10s 9s as well as 2s and 1s but very little 5s or 6s. My theory at least.

I think you're right. Music is subjective and meant to give you a certain emotional feel. Every person will react differently to the same album. And with this type of albums that are meant to be divisive, it's bound to get extreme scores on both ends of the spectrum. That's usually the intent of these kind of albums, they want people to have a strong emotional opinion about it.

Hits total: 5941 | This month: 18