Metal Storm logo
Evanescence

Original post

Posted by Bas, 25.05.2006 - 22:11
Ok, so first of all i am aware of the fact that alot of people will come here and bash this band, if you do so i cant stop you, but i can ask you this, why do you hate this band? and most of all, how much have you actually heard by them?

so please people, no mindless bash posts, rather tell me what you dont like about them,

having said that, i wonder what their new cd will be like, i hope it'll be heaps better then fallen (which wont be very hard IMO)
i didnt really like fallen, i think it's not half as good as it could be, because i think Amy is an amazing vocalist, and i like their pre-fallen material very much,

please let me hear your opinions, what do you like better, fallen or their pre-fallen stuff?
26.11.2011 - 23:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
More than you know.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.11.2011 - 20:16
ColdRail
This band is a big joke! They are trying to convince people they do not sing christian music, that they are goth and they are a metal band, Amy Lee is a not a popstar like Britney Spears and doesn't try to sell her image (yet she poses on magazines for the hottest rock chick, check Revolver) and Evanescence is a real band and not a backup for Amy Lee (everyone seems to get fired). They were supposed to change their music in the 3rd album but I saw on the news that Amy Lee deleted the new songs and created songs that were similar to the previous albuns because I suppose they were afraid of not selling well.
And the fans oh my god, just check the last.fm Evanescence page LMAO.
27.11.2011 - 20:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
The fans? Can't be any worse than the haters. ^
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.11.2011 - 21:39
NLthrasher
I kind of like some of their stuff, saw them once life in Amsterdam, which was quite a pain in the ass because of all the screaming teenage emo girls, so definitely a once in a lifetime experience...
28.11.2011 - 23:12
Slayer666
Written by NLthrasher on 28.11.2011 at 21:39

I kind of like some of their stuff, saw them once life in Amsterdam, which was quite a pain in the ass because of all the screaming teenage emo girls, so definitely a once in a lifetime experience...

That could have been a prime chance to score, bro.
I almost regret not going to that Tokio Hotel concert we had here, precisely because the concert hall was filled with about 2000+ horny emo girls.
28.11.2011 - 23:53
NLthrasher
Written by Slayer666 on 28.11.2011 at 23:12

Written by NLthrasher on 28.11.2011 at 21:39

That could have been a prime chance to score, bro.
I almost regret not going to that Tokio Hotel concert we had here, precisely because the concert hall was filled with about 2000+ horny emo girls.

haha, yeah sometimes you have other reasons except the music to go to a concert.
I wasn't really thinking about that though, I came for the music, has something to do with the mindset probably
30.11.2011 - 20:10
MetalicIron
<Philosoraptor> If Lacuna Coil is Metal and Evanescence are Lacuna Coil Ripoff <Philosoraptor> Are Evanescence a metal band?
----
/m\ METAL /m\
30.11.2011 - 20:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
No.
----
30.11.2011 - 22:22
Kennoth
Neither band is a ripoff from each other. Evanescence isn't metal, but there are some elements of it in their music. Try the song "Whisper" from the first album, and you'll know what I'm talking about.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
09.12.2011 - 21:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Anyone listened to the new album? I'm kinda curious about it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.12.2011 - 22:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 09.12.2011 at 21:24

Yep, it's pretty good if you ask me.
09.12.2011 - 23:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Guest on 09.12.2011 at 22:45

Interesting. I always had a thing for them. I was a teen when they begun and I have that fond memory. I'll eventually listen to it.
----

My Instagram
29.05.2012 - 02:41
MetalicIron

P.S. This is my last post, peace and stay sic.
----
/m\ METAL /m\
29.05.2012 - 07:22
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Good one.
29.05.2012 - 10:28
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by BloodTears on 09.12.2011 at 23:18

Written by Guest on 09.12.2011 at 22:45

Interesting. I always had a thing for them. I was a teen when they begun and I have that fond memory. I'll eventually listen to it.

(Pretty strange replying to a last year post?) Swag.

No matter of how famous they are and getting a pretty good response(TILL NOW!!) on their latest album, I think "Evanescence" are becoming nothing but a VH1 AND MTV show's subscriber band. You swing the channel at anytime and you'll see Amy at 45 degree chirping some soulful lyrics.

Now don't you think they have lost their respect and more importantly privacy?
31.05.2012 - 05:12
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I used to like this in my second music phase, still enjoy hereing the old stuff every now and again.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.06.2012 - 21:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Quote:

(Pretty strange replying to a last year post?) Swag.

No matter of how famous they are and getting a pretty good response(TILL NOW!!) on their latest album, I think "Evanescence" are becoming nothing but a VH1 AND MTV show's subscriber band. You swing the channel at anytime and you'll see Amy at 45 degree chirping some soulful lyrics.

Now don't you think they have lost their respect and more importantly privacy?

They played in Rock In Rio Lisboa and watched the show on TV and it's pretty much Amy show now. I thought the show was weak but I do like some songs on the new album.
----

My Instagram
04.09.2012 - 17:15
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Metal or not, I have a lot of good memories with them. I guess that's the end of discussion for me, folks.
09.09.2012 - 22:20
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Monolithic on 04.09.2012 at 17:15

Metal or not, I have a lot of good memories with them. I guess that's the end of discussion for me, folks.

I concur. My wife likes them especially, so it ends up getting listened to around my place often enough, and I don't mind it at all.
----
26.11.2012 - 19:54
Ethan1994
To be honest, I f-ing love Evanescence. They are my favourite band. Even though they aren't metal, they are pretty much the reason I got into metal.
19.08.2013 - 14:49
schlakt
Written by Ethan1994 on 26.11.2012 at 19:54

To be honest, I f-ing love Evanescence. They are my favourite band. Even though they aren't metal, they are pretty much the reason I got into metal.

what this guy said! not my absolute favourite band anymore, but still one of them! really think they deserve more positive attention.
07.12.2013 - 02:23
SolracV
Their last album is fantastic! I would go as far as saying that it is their Magnum Opus. I feel that it is more diverse than the other two albums, and I love how the Gothic Metal elements are more prevalent in this album. Additionally, Amy Lee sounds as great as ever, especially in 'Lost in Paradise'.
07.12.2013 - 08:14
Get_thrashed
It's a band who's looking for popularity rather than real music ,, isn't that enough reason? plus the fans urghhh.. :S
----
http://www.last.fm/user/em_eldeen
07.12.2013 - 16:54
Uldreth
Written by Get_thrashed on 07.12.2013 at 08:14

It's a band who's looking for popularity rather than real music ,, isn't that enough reason? plus the fans urghhh.. :S

And you think they are looking for popularity because?
07.12.2013 - 17:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Uldreth on 07.12.2013 at 16:54

Popularity in this industry leads to money. Not saying they're in it solely for the income, but I'm sure the band members aren't complaining.
----
07.12.2013 - 19:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.12.2013 at 17:36

Popularity in this industry leads to money. Not saying they're in it solely for the income, but I'm sure the band members aren't complaining.

Very few bands would complain for a little bit of extra cash (in the case they don't have to change themseves in order to get said money).
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.12.2013 - 19:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.12.2013 at 19:17
Very few bands would complain for a little bit of extra cash (in the case they don't have to change themseves in order to get said money).

Exactly. What could be better for a musician to profit from writing the kind of music they want to write? There are some exceptions to the rule, obviously, but overall I imagine the majority of people who make music for a living wouldn't turn down a decent paycheck.
----
07.12.2013 - 20:22
Uldreth
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.12.2013 at 17:36

I am well aware of that.

However it is pretty obvious the poster I replied to meant to make the point that the band's sole purpose of existence is to generate profit at the expense of artistic integrity.

This is generally a line of thought I don't support, although I have made such arguments for actual mainstream pop music (think Miley Cyrus and co) but even there I could not really back it up with actual facts most of the time aside from how those pop stars seem to write their own music only in a very small amount of cases.

Whilst I have no doubt that Evanescence is a quite popular band and their members probably do make a fair amount of profit off their works, they never really striked me as a band that would be in only for the money, definitely not any more than metal bands of similiar style, say Within Temptation, Nightwish, After Forever or Delain to say a couple of examples.
07.12.2013 - 20:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Uldreth on 07.12.2013 at 20:22

However it is pretty obvious the poster I replied to meant to make the point that the band's sole purpose of existence is to generate profit at the expense of artistic integrity.

This is generally a line of thought I don't support,

Actually KISS started with the sole purpose to generate profit. Gene and Paul have said so in many interviews.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.12.2013 - 21:08
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.12.2013 at 19:40

Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.12.2013 at 19:17

Exactly. What could be better for a musician to profit from writing the kind of music they want to write? There are some exceptions to the rule, obviously, but overall I imagine the majority of people who make music for a living wouldn't turn down a decent paycheck.

For me, you just described the definition of "surviving of bands like Megadeth".

Seriously, I don't think Evanescence is surviving only for income or little bit of extra cash kinda stuff. They want to be in limelight. Thats it. Their latest album to get referenced here will be supportive. Record is very good and sounds amazing. These guys are really twisting themselves not only for survival but to get more popular.

I don't think money is an issue factor here. Even if they swinging in losses, I'm darn sure Evanescence really don't have to worry about.TThey're already making good music with tons of live shows around the world.