Metal Storm logo
Japanese bonus tracks

Original post

Posted by matthioso, 12.06.2007 - 12:43
The question in this topic is: "Why do the japanes allways get bonus tracks?"
When I look at several cd's (it doesn't matter which band)I see that if you're japanese you allways get extra songs and most of them are very good songs.
Does anyone have an explanation fo this?
16.02.2008 - 22:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Rekkuza on 16.02.2008 at 22:12

Yay =) And another things that is overrated is japanese food. It really isn't that good...

No offense but USA food are more shit how japs food
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.02.2008 - 22:38
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I think I might have an explanation for this. The Japanese, in regards to the industrial and scientific fields, work much harder than lazy Americans, so as a reward, they get more songs on imported albums. Although, this is only a hunch.
16.02.2008 - 23:26
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I think japonese food is great. At least the kind of food I have eaten. I love sushi
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.02.2008 - 16:59
Rekkuza
Sushi is good, the rest tastes pretty shitty. I'm not saying it's bad for you, it is just that it tastes bad.
23.02.2008 - 17:45
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I like Japanese food, especially sushi, wasabi is not for amateurs . But anyway, I don't know the reason for this, but yes, the Japs always get extra.......But it's okay, I'll just pirate them anyway, I don't think it's wrong
23.02.2008 - 18:49
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Guest on 23.02.2008 at 17:45

I'll just pirate them anyway, I don't think it's wrong

And why should you feel wrong? I think that you would buy cd with all extra tracks if you had possibility (but you haven't ). So downloading songs is the only way (sure, you can buy another cd with bonus tracks but it's silly to buy same cd with one or two extra songs).
24.02.2008 - 02:34
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@W-Lash: yeah.........i don't feel wrong because, The Bahamas is home ov the WORST CD STORES IN THE WORLD! The closest thing to metal we carry in our record stores is Van Halen! So given the circumstances, I have to "steal", it's not my fault that in The Bahamas, choices are lousy! So downloading music is okay for a person like me! But downloading reggae/dancehall would be wrong because it's available everywhere . So it depends on the individual.
10.06.2008 - 14:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hm...Dreamtale - Phoenix...both japanese bonuses Lady Dragon and Between Love And Hate are the best tracks on the album (together with Firebird)...pffff
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

12.01.2009 - 19:52
MeloDeathViking
Maybe I missed it, but how much are cds in Japan? Most cds i get run $10-$15, are we talking double that?
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
13.01.2009 - 10:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 12.06.2007 at 19:50

hooray for double cost import cd's! they get the money twice over for the japanese versions of albums.

Yeah, it pisses me off (because I'm am a fairly stupid individual) when I order an album and the only version I can find is the Jap Import version on the internet, so I end up paying $35-$40 for the album, which turns out to be like 10-20 dollars more expensive for like 1-3 songs. Then I end up finding the exact album minus those couple tracks for like $15 on a shelf in the CD store in the mall near my house (the mall near my house is pretty much a retirement home, so one can imagine what the metal section looks like). 90% of the time the Jap Import bonus tracks don't impress me much anyways.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.01.2009 - 19:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MeloDeathViking on 12.01.2009 at 19:52

Maybe I missed it, but how much are cds in Japan? Most cds i get run $10-$15, are we talking double that?

For some people even $10 are much for soem its nothing he can buy 30 Cd in day , it depends how big are your sellary and where you live
I never in my life had seen Jap verse of CD, I had seen re mastered old once whit bonus demo/live track etc but not Jap
----

apos;'
[image]
13.01.2009 - 19:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
WWII reparations. we nuked the shit outta the japanese. twice. so why not give them a KVLT ass bonus track or few? thats my theory.

im speaking of course from the perspective of U.S. based record companies.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.01.2009 - 17:07
JayEstonio
Account deleted
Written by LeChron James on 13.01.2009 at 19:39

WWII reparations. we nuked the shit outta the japanese. twice. so why not give them a KVLT ass bonus track or few? thats my theory.

I was thinking of the same thing and was about to post it, but then you already did.. Cool.. Haha..
24.01.2009 - 00:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 23.01.2009 at 17:07

Written by LeChron James on 13.01.2009 at 19:39

I was thinking of the same thing and was about to post it, but then you already did.. Cool.. Haha..

HAHAHA thats awesome. glad to see someone has the same twisted mind as me.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.05.2009 - 09:10
Rosaka
How come people started to talk about Japanese food here? :'D
06.05.2009 - 18:26
Nimlot
A. Reader
Chinese food kicks the crap out of Japanese food imho
07.05.2009 - 03:46
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
I'm Chinese and I love both :9
but I always prefer Japanese rice
----
loves 小巫
07.05.2009 - 10:35
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Written by Rosaka on 06.05.2009 at 09:10

They're starting to pack it into the albums instead of putting bonus tracks on them. Boy was I surprised when Chicken Teriyaki and an Octopus roll came flying out of the player when I got to the bonus tracks.

The miso soup that fell out of the case probably should have tipped me off to not play the CD but I like Hypocrisy and I figured "okay strange but this seems safe".
----
07.05.2009 - 23:45
Wyrd
Written by Ellrohir on 10.06.2008 at 14:53

hm...Dreamtale - Phoenix...both japanese bonuses Lady Dragon and Between Love And Hate are the best tracks on the album (together with Firebird)...pffff

YES! I agree they are the 2 best songs on that album, So you imagine how pissed I was when I got the CD and the songs weren't fucking on there!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
17.10.2009 - 16:39
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Written by Rosaka on 06.05.2009 at 09:10

Agree with u lol !! from jap bonus tracks to jap bonus food haha
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
17.10.2009 - 18:58
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Is anyone really that fussed about them? If the extra track(s) were as good as the rest of the album then they'd be on the album. Only worth seeking out the japanese versions if you love the album and there are indeed bonus tracks on it.

Only one I'd like is Vader- The Beast.

On a somewhat related note, 2 Sore Throast albums were released on one CD and only available to the Japs. No idea why this is the case (British band on a British label) but quite annoying. I paid $41 to get a copy.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
20.10.2009 - 00:48
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
I agree with all of you people (companies do their tricks - marketing) but it's a good idea i think, for the bands to gather all these songs & make a new release! Actually, Dark Tranquillity did it gathering the extras & released the album Exposures in retrospect & denial... (i enjoyed it)

Another thing that pisses me off :the mistakes in the lyrics - booklet (general speaking) & the "silly" release of the latest Opeth special edition album that had the bonus tracks... in the DVD!!! [i want all tracks in the cd]

@#$%! Then they say don't download the songs - illegal
Where are the songs mr. company - we paid for the album and it's missing something ... isn't it??

EDIT: ...And when they gather & release these kind of albums, they should be much cheaper / or even better : should contain some new - extras songs that Japanese customers won't find (sic!)...
----
\m/etalstor\m/
20.10.2009 - 04:01
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_track
24.03.2010 - 14:30
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Dark Tranquillity. Total bonus tracks from Fiction & We Are the Void:

take deep breath ..go!

- A Closer End [Japanese bonus] 4:10
- Winter Triangle [Australian bonus] 2:18
- Below The Radiance [expanded edition bonus] 3:26
- Silence In The House Of Tongues [instrumental version] 3:24
- Star of Nothingness [Limited edition] 2:12
- To Where Fires Cannot Feed [Limited edition] 3:56
- Out of Gravity [Japanese edition] 4:40
- The Bow and the Arrow [Itunes edition !!! ] 3:55

A compilation is needed.... (we want these songs)
----
\m/etalstor\m/
25.03.2010 - 10:40
Krachyon
Account deleted
Sad thing is this seems no longer restricted to Japan. Latest culprit i stumbled across is Airbourne. Seems to me like they produced double the amount of tracks that made it to their albums just to throw them around in a clusterfuck of different versions of the same thing. This has 5 bonus tracks. WTF?
Yeah and DT.

Another thing that pisses me off is the fact that you never ever find a list of different editions and which song was released where. Maybe the labels want to entice people to go on a treasure hunt for rare songs. But for what purpose? Most people would just download the songs, probaly not on iTunes or similar. And it would only make sense if you have different editions in the same country. Which is at times another reason to sharpen your axe and go berserk...

And for the "Japanese CDs are expensive therefore we need to make the package bigger"-argument. Why not just sell them cheaper? Is there some sort of crazy music-tax? That they just bundle the single with the album makes sense though. If you don't already think singles are stupid.
28.11.2014 - 15:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Maybe wrong place to ask, but I don't want to open new one
why all US realizes has later date as Europian, in Europe we get new albums earlier 2 weeks even months
Why is that?
----

apos;'
[image]
28.11.2014 - 16:19
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Well, websailors get the album even before the release date.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
28.11.2014 - 16:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 28.11.2014 at 16:19

but you cant get it before official date unless its leaked or you're some reviewer in MS or other such kind of media plac
----

apos;'
[image]
28.11.2014 - 17:05
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 28.11.2014 at 16:25

Written by Karlabos on 28.11.2014 at 16:19

but you cant get it before official date unless its leaked or you're some reviewer in MS or other such kind of media plac

Oh but they always leak =P
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.11.2014 - 08:31
Jtbmetal123
Japan is one of the largest music markets in the world. However, domestic pressings are more expensive there than in the U.S. or Europe, so Japanese labels often arrange for additional content in the locally manufactured products as a marketing technique in an attempt to be competitive with imports.

That's what Wikipedia says. But this was a great post. I always wondered that myself.