Metal Storm logo
Saxon

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 28.05.2006 - 17:57
One of the greatest heavy metal bands ever!!
Like somebody on www.metal-archives.com said they're amongst the top5 traditional metal bands...
Killing Ground is such a masterpiece!!
07.07.2007 - 16:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Imraghil on 07.07.2007 at 15:55

I like the last album. I heard from my dad that Saxon made in the past not so great music. But now they make great music!

Hollo in pats not so great music?
How many albums you had hera of them IMO inpats tahy paly lil better music, etleast lyrics goe smore togehter whit music how now, I realy enjoy all Saxon albums, maye you mena in past Sxon want popular

And you're 15 how you know what was in past ?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2007 - 19:23
Imraghil
Written by Bad English on 07.07.2007 at 16:02

I like the last album. I heard from my dad that Saxon made in the past not so great music. But now they make great music!

How many albums you had hera of them IMO inpats tahy paly lil better music, etleast lyrics goe smore togehter whit music how now, I realy enjoy all Saxon albums, maye you mena in past Sxon want popular

i heared it from my dad :p but i like the new album a lot. I don't know how they sound in the past
16.08.2007 - 19:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Imraghil on 16.08.2007 at 19:23

Written by Bad English on 07.07.2007 at 16:02

i heared it from my dad :p but i like the new album a lot. I don't know how they sound in the past

Then try them how thay sound sin past an dthen post
----

apos;'
[image]
18.08.2007 - 03:31
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Kronosd: from your DAD? man it seems the older europeans have better appreciation for metal than over here. Many people who grew up in that time int his part ov the world don't even know abotu Saxon.....or Helloween.
18.08.2007 - 13:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 18.08.2007 at 03:31

@Kronosd: from your DAD? man it seems the older europeans have better appreciation for metal than over here. Many people who grew up in that time int his part ov the world don't even know abotu Saxon.....or Helloween.

I know man UK, Scan, Ger there IMO was best metal shows in world also USA, leither in BeNiLux and France and Italy hehe lucky those who didnt left Ol World in 17th century
----

apos;'
[image]
22.08.2007 - 23:51
Spooks
Account deleted
I'm so excited, I have just seen that SAXON is going to be in my home town in December. I'm looking forward to see them, I was so impressed with the power of their last album.

SAXON ROCKS
23.08.2007 - 01:28
Infurnace
They actually are pretty good. I must say I never really was a fan of these guys, but after seeing their show on Wacken, I started to realise that they are actually pretty good, even though I'm not really into Traditional Metal. Biff is a really great vocalist, and he really knows to put up a show.
23.08.2007 - 13:33
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
I love this band but do not like any of the live stuff I have heard so far. Biff sounds like the old man he is. Great albums though and if I ever had a chance to see them live I would jump at it.
25.08.2007 - 23:56
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Whenever I go to a U.S. record store, they never have any classic albums ov Saxon, only later albums or live ones
22.10.2007 - 12:41
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The second and third in a series of podcasts from Saxon's visit to Japan have been posted online at this location.
22.10.2007 - 21:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.08.2007 at 23:56

Whenever I go to a U.S. record store, they never have any classic albums ov Saxon, only later albums or live ones

Saxon onlt albums are real stuff ordef in amazon its be easyer
----

apos;'
[image]
18.11.2007 - 12:40
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Baconmusic's James Allman spoke to Biff Byford during the Hard Rock Hell festival at Butlins, Minehead, UK in early November 2007. You can watch the interview in two parts here and here.
17.01.2008 - 08:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
So I finally got around to listening to the new album, I have to admit save for a few tracks I found it pretty boring.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.01.2008 - 18:42
deadset61
Account deleted
I love Saxon one of the first NWOBHM bands i ever listened to. I've never really heard much of their old stuff. I have heard Unleash the Beast and one of my all time favorite albums Metalhead.
20.01.2008 - 22:14
Son of Odin
I heard Saxon for the first time 1983 when they released Power and the glory, its my fav album with them, dont listen much to the new stuff.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
20.05.2008 - 20:00
Zergaloth
Hello!
As always I prepare for my festivals by buying several cd's from bands I'm going to see live - and want to know better.
This summer I'll be seeing SAXON live for the first time and wondered what would be the best album to get if I want to bang along proudly...
Tell me about the songs I should definitely know by heart - new and old - and the ones they're definitely going to play.
20.05.2008 - 20:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zergaloth on 20.05.2008 at 20:00

Hello!
As always I prepare for my festivals by buying several cd's from bands I'm going to see live - and want to know better.
This summer I'll be seeing SAXON live for the first time and wondered what would be the best album to get if I want to bang along proudly...
Tell me about the songs I should definitely know by heart - new and old - and the ones they're definitely going to play.

Denim n Letter and dogs Of War are masterpiece
----

apos;'
[image]
21.05.2008 - 11:13
Zergaloth
Allright. I will look for them in my cd-store. Will those be the songs I'll hear at the festival?
What do you think they will play? I want to sing along...
21.05.2008 - 11:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zergaloth on 21.05.2008 at 11:13

Allright. I will look for them in my cd-store. Will those be the songs I'll hear at the festival?
What do you think they will play? I want to sing along...

Thay can play some BEST songs from 80ties album and Denim n letter are one of them, but Moustly thay will play IMO new songs from last album
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2008 - 22:09
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Zergaloth on 20.05.2008 at 20:00

Hello!

I've seen Saxon three times now.. songs they perform are widely spread over a few of their albums

songs they do pretty much all the time currently:

747 (Strangers In The Night)
Wheels Of Steel
Heavy Metal Thunder
Strong Arm Of The Law
20,000 Ft
Princess Of The Night
Denim And Leather
Crusader
Witchfinder General

...and a load from the new album "The Inner Sanctum"
19.06.2008 - 10:54
Zergaloth
right. that's what i needed to know! thanks a lot.
guess i'll buy myself a best of to get the taste.
18.12.2008 - 21:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Fuck yeah i'm gonna try and see them in budapest with Iced Earth. the more i listen to them the more i love their music.. Princess of the Night is so fucking good and that middle break which Metallica ripped off IS FUCKING AWESOME...

to the Saxons
19.12.2008 - 09:03
Eeric
Account deleted
Other metalheads usually want to kick my ass cuz I like Saxon million times more than Iron Maiden
21.01.2009 - 10:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
It's fucking scary, Saxon is fast becoming one of my favorite bands, like REALLY fast. currently banging my head to Crusader... what an awesome epic song, unbelievable
21.01.2009 - 22:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Fuck yeah, i'm gonna see them live in Barcelona on March 1st. i'm awesome right?.. right?...
22.01.2009 - 09:25
Eeric
Account deleted
Yep. It's awesome
29.01.2009 - 12:54
Adastreia13
Account deleted
Has anyone got their newest album yet? I've only heard one song off it but I love it. Saxon are metal as hell. I've got to the stage where there's something missing in my year if I've not been to a Saxon gig. All hail their up coming UK tour!;D
29.01.2009 - 16:09
Eeric
Account deleted
I have the newest one, not so good as Inner Sanctum, but still good album
29.01.2009 - 17:37
Raining Blood
I love saxon and love there old stuff a lot. The new stuff is ok but I really think there old albums kicked ass
18.02.2009 - 17:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Their spanish shows(which include the Barcelona gig i was supposed to attend) have been canceled.

to whomever is responsible for this:

Bucharest, 18.02.2009 5:15 PM

dear Dickface, i would have flown for 2000 km for this gig, and now you throw this kind of shit at me. pray you do not cross my path very soon, and i would like to sincerely say this:

FUCK YOU.

love, Valentin B, angry cheated Saxon and Iced Earth fan.