‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Users visited: 165  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Infurnace on 10.08.2007 at 00:27
I'm pretty amazed, because there wasn't any thread about Hammerfall before this one. Anyways, Hammerfall is a Power Metal band from Sweden. They have released quite some albums now and they will release a new compilation cd, this year. I re-discovered them lately. I used to like them very much, but I forgot about them for a while. As I said before, I re-discovered them, and I wanted to make a thread about them, because I'd like to know what you guys think.

Page 5 of 5

bj_waters

31.12.2015 at 22:06
Glory of the Brave was huge when it first landed, but I myself didn't come around to Hammerfall (and metal in general) until 2006, so listening back through, it does seem a little bit inferior to follow ups like Legacy of Kings or Crimson Thunder. That being said, it still has some decent stuff on it (IMO).
Belegûr
Arise In Might!

16.01.2016 at 16:24
Written by bj_waters on 31.12.2015 at 22:06

Glory of the Brave was huge when it first landed, but I myself didn't come around to Hammerfall (and metal in general) until 2006, so listening back through, it does seem a little bit inferior to follow ups like Legacy of Kings or Crimson Thunder. That being said, it still has some decent stuff on it (IMO).

I wouldn't call it inferior. I think it has some of their best melodies. The lyrics are probably their most childish on that album, but it's still a pretty amazing debut.
bj_waters

16.01.2016 at 22:10
Written by Belegûr on 16.01.2016 at 16:24

I wouldn't call it inferior. I think it has some of their best melodies. The lyrics are probably their most childish on that album, but it's still a pretty amazing debut.

I'm sorry. I never meant to imply that their first album is bad, just that I think Legacy and Crimson are better (thus "a little bit inferior"). Ii don't think it's the lyrics so much as the songwriting isn't quite as together as on the later albums, but that's just me.
Belegûr
Arise In Might!

16.01.2016 at 22:23
Written by bj_waters on 16.01.2016 at 22:10

I'm sorry. I never meant to imply that their first album is bad, just that I think Legacy and Crimson are better (thus "a little bit inferior"). Ii don't think it's the lyrics so much as the songwriting isn't quite as together as on the later albums, but that's just me.

No need to be sorry

Yeah I probably agree with that. I like Glory, but the next couple of albums are definitely stronger in my opinion. Joacim is also better on vocals on Legacy and Crimson.
Bad English
Masterchief

16.01.2016 at 22:29

debut is different, I like lyrics, but I think album has bad production, quality is not best
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Fulcrum

18.06.2016 at 14:17

Interesting, I've always considered Glory to the brave as their best ever album.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Login or register to post here.