Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.09.2007 - 15:49
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
28.02.2008 - 00:58
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I haven't downloaded any of the album, but all the songs have been posted on youtube so I listened there. I will definitely get the album when it comes out. The sound is definitely heavy but it uses a lot more melodic guitar lines then the last 2 albums. It's an album that will be better after a few listens.
28.02.2008 - 01:02
Stigma
Account deleted
The song Bloodrunk just happens to keep my thoughts of COB's new material the same; kickass intro, then Laiho opens his mouth and the whole song becomes boring.
28.02.2008 - 06:45
Daniel
CoB have gone very downhill for me.

Alexi mentions some of his new favourite artists as : Slipnot,System Of A Down etc.

If thats not shit i don't know what is.
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
28.02.2008 - 07:25
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Daniel on 28.02.2008 at 06:45

Alexi mentions some of his new favourite artists as : Slipnot,System Of A Down etc.

Alexi Mentioned those artists like 3 years ago. And this is to everyone...CHILDREN OF BODOM IS NOT GOING TO PLAY EXTREME POWER METAL LIKE ON HATEBREEDER AND FOLLOW THE REAPER EVER! Alexi has stated so many times that he's not into that anymore and hasn't been for a while. I really don't understand why people look to each new album for those elements when they will never be there again. Might as well like the music they are making now or go on about your business.
28.02.2008 - 11:44
Stigma
Account deleted
Written by [user id=20536] on 28.02.2008 at 07:25

Alexi Mentioned those artists like 3 years ago. And this is to everyone...CHILDREN OF BODOM IS NOT GOING TO PLAY EXTREME POWER METAL LIKE ON HATEBREEDER AND FOLLOW THE REAPER EVER! Alexi has stated so many times that he's not into that anymore and hasn't been for a while. I really don't understand why people look to each new album for those elements when they will never be there again. Might as well like the music they are making now or go on about your business.

Well you know, people just happened to love that stuff, and don't really like the americanized sound they have now. And since they're still fans of the band, they naturally wish that their next albums would sound like those they liked the most, get it?
28.02.2008 - 14:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
what the fuck is up with all the people who diss Blooddrunk?? i'm halfway through the album and it sounds awesome, right now i just got to "One day you may cry" and it sounds AMAZING, i also love the chaotic keyboards in the chorus from the first track!
28.02.2008 - 15:07
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
After some listening, not a bad album (rate 6 for me), but a really boring album. I'm not going to compare it to previous albums. It's really a different album. Just found it a little bit repetitive, sometimes boring. I shall have expected worse...
29.02.2008 - 09:34
NOИ
you can download it first and if you like it very much buy it. but I believe that it is not worth your money, it is just another good CoB album, nothing new or interesting...
29.02.2008 - 13:48
VPeter

that doesn't make any sense, a topic is not only for positive comments but also negative.
I am not expecting an other hatebreeder or Follow the Reaper, but something better fresh and new, but what do you get? a lame mix of numetal and extreme power metal.
01.03.2008 - 03:20
ß
Problem?
Just finished listening to Blooddrunk. Not very surprised at the turn out wasn't that great. Probably the best song on it imo was Tie My Rope. The cd had some good solos and keyboard parts here and there but there wasn't really anything new or interesting about it.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
01.03.2008 - 09:49
Daniel

Lol. Then they will continue sounding like Slipnot. Like he stated 3 years ago.
----
01.03.2008 - 10:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Daniel on 01.03.2008 at 09:49

Lol. Then they will continue sounding like Slipnot. Like he stated 3 years ago.

Hate CoB or not I fail to hear much resemblance, oh I see now....they both use guitars! Excellent deduction Watson.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.03.2008 - 10:54
Nox Lux
codebreaker
for sure - how on satan's red earth are CoB in anyway similar to Slipknot?

Point to Note - Alexi contributes more to CoB than 4 members of Slipknot have ever contributed in their whole career in their own band!
----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
01.03.2008 - 20:48
Ragana
Rawrcat
No, there's HUGE difference between Children Of Bodom and Slipknot: Slipknot is SHIT, but Children Of Bodom is a great band.

But I must say, this new album of CoB is a great (or bad) surprise for all of us. Ok, the bad thing is the song "Lookin' Out My Back Door" in bonus tracks, which sounds like.. farm? I don't really understand, why they put in that CCR cover. The next thing that I predict is that Alexi Laiho will appear on stage with a brown cow by his side.

Quote:
If you were expecting a Follow the Reaper part two you won't find it in Blooddrunk.

This is it. I miss the old times.

Wait and see - maybe in 2009. there will be a good album?
01.03.2008 - 23:26
Remus

Slipknot is quite a generic nu-metal band, but System i actually still enjoy because they are so different, original!

Yeah, i still need to get this latest album, but i'm not expecting much from it. In the mean time i'll just hit some "Towards Dead End" to remind me of the gool ole days!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
02.03.2008 - 01:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Ragana on 01.03.2008 at 20:48

But I must say, this new album of CoB is a great (or bad) surprise for all of us. Ok, the bad thing is the song "Lookin' Out My Back Door" in bonus tracks, which sounds like.. farm? I don't really understand, why they put in that CCR cover. The next thing that I predict is that Alexi Laiho will appear on stage with a brown cow by his side.

A CCR cover?! Now I HAVE to get the edition with the bonus songs!
----
- George Carlin
02.03.2008 - 11:03
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Ragana Well, don't worry. They do things like that, when they're drunk. They actually have one more cover coming up, if they ever get it ready. They've done parts of it, but I'd rather not see it becoming ready... In my opinion we shouldn't get mad about their covers, because it's just a bit of fun for them and they get to try the style of music they never want to make themselves.
----
You'll never walk alone.
02.03.2008 - 19:14
MadSlayer
i think new album is the worst of bodom, keyboards look like wedding ceremony, songs are out of creativeness, and guitar riffs look like slayer influenced.. I think alexi made this album as a drunk mind, becouse all old bodom songs were influenced by classical and neo classical music elements. so there is slayer or thrash coppied Blooddrunk here, nothing seems original and creativeness.
02.03.2008 - 19:39
Ragana
Rawrcat
No, I'm not mad - I'm just surprised.

I just got the new album and still I must say, that it's not enjoyable for me.
12.03.2008 - 02:27
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Blooddrunk seemed pretty lame to me the first few listenens, but now after listen number 4 or 5 I'm starting to get into it
16.03.2008 - 23:32
Reverie
I've downloaded Blooddrunk album, and... I don't know, by now I don't find it a great album, the old ones are better... But maybe I should listen more times to it... I can say that Banned from heaven is the track I liked the most and then Blooddrunk. About tie my rope... mn... it didn't convince me...
----
In the corner beside my window...
There hangs a lonely photograph...

There is a wound that's always bleeding...
There is a road I'm always walking...
18.03.2008 - 05:55
Daniel
The point is.

The may sound nothing like Slipnot.

But they're on the same wave length now : Shit.
----
26.03.2008 - 12:30
Fuath
i have the new album
its nothing special
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

26.03.2008 - 13:25
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
The new album is not that bad, I like songs Hellbounds On My Trail and Banned from Heaven, but I think previous albums are far better.
27.03.2008 - 12:06
owl
Actually I find this new album a lot like the older ones. The only difference it that I'm not yet as familiarized with the new songs as I am with the old ones... so that's an issue that'll go away with time.

I like it quite a lot. It's Bodom all the way, what's there not to like?
----
27.03.2008 - 23:14
ß
Problem?
Written by owl on 27.03.2008 at 12:06

what's there not to like?

Theres nothing new its unoriginal and boring a few decent songs but thats about it.
----
28.03.2008 - 00:00
owl
Yes, that's one perfectly valid way to look at it.

Another way to look at it would be something along the line of "they keep making the same great music they've made before, hoorray!"

I don't see people complaining about Iron Maiden making the same sound over and over again. Maybe one day CoB will reach the same status that allows them not to evolve if they don't feel like it.

Note: while I'm here 'advocating' in their favour now, nothing tells me I won't be thinking just the same as Brendan_is_cool in their next album. But for now, I'll just leave them be, and please my ears with yet another equally good album.
----
28.03.2008 - 00:11
Remus
So i finnaly got Blooddrunk. Well, it's exactly what i expected, that is, no more lead guitar, just rhythm-guitar based songs.
The album overall is actually pretty good, in general, just don't compare it to the first releases. And why would you anyway? Bands' styles change over time.

Actually, the first couple of songs have a very strong Lamb of God influence, like some of the riffs sound like they could have come from that band.
The last track, number 9, is pretty fast and the begining sounds like a song from "The Black Dahlia Murder".

So CoB have adopted a lot of "non-tr00-metal" flavours, still, i think the album is decent.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
28.03.2008 - 23:48
ß
Problem?
I don't think Cob will ever make another good album like follow the reaper or hcdr..
----
29.03.2008 - 03:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Of course not. But I can appreciate change more than stagnation.
----
- George Carlin