Metal Storm logo
Album collection - Only original or burned CDs too?

Original post

Posted by iaberis, 14.09.2007 - 10:28
Now that Ivan has added this amazing new feature in the site, tell us, what kind of albums do you add and do you think that other people should add too.

P.S.: People with cassettes can consider them as albums too, either original or copied!

Poll

What kind of albums do you add in your colletion?

Only original CDs/Vinyls I have.
Not only these too, but also downloaded.
Both original and burned CD-Rs.

Total votes: 176
02.12.2007 - 13:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Doc G. on 02.12.2007 at 08:41

And as shallow as it seems having a big collection posted almost seems like an accomplishment to me....almost like having war badges....but instead of going to war its going to the CD store and spending hard earned money, or hunting for it on ebay or distro sites...either way during the christmas season being at the CD shop is like war.

I agree man!
----
02.12.2007 - 15:50
Judas
The Amputator
It has to be restricted to 'official' purchases. I mean, I borrow stuff off friends an awful lot, but I can't claim those albums to be a part of my collection when in reality they're not mine! The same applies for downloaded and burnt albums, I think, aside from official downloads which are OK.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
09.12.2007 - 00:03
Oracle
Orcinus
Ive only put the albums that i have bought in my album collection. i dont count burnt or downloaded albums in it because i didnt buy them and so i dont want them my collection if they arnt the original copy.
09.12.2007 - 00:55
Harmonic
Account deleted
My wife has some original metal CDs, and I don't even claim those as a part of my collection. If you don't personally own an original (or a legitimate download), you shouldn't add it. That's not to say you can't vote for it if you've heard it, but pirating stuff for your "collection" - that's just plain wrong.

09.12.2007 - 01:01
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I don't even bother trying to download music anymore. Unless it's something popular, I always have a hard time finding the bands I want. So only true copies go into my collection on MS.
11.12.2007 - 05:58
panchowl
I put only original cd's in my personal collection in MS...
That is the true meaning of this new featured section I think...

If all of we put our copies and burned cd's, MS server maybe will crash
11.12.2007 - 18:59
Bash'
:)
What about ppl who can't find originals? I like to feel somehow like equal with others.....

I went for the 2nd choice..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
12.12.2007 - 01:53
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Bash' on 11.12.2007 at 18:59
Which one is that? They appear different from how they were originally posted because they're automatically sorted so that the most popular is on top

What about ppl who can't find originals? I like to feel somehow like equal with others...
Just accept the reality that albums may be relatively difficult to acquire in your region; my region is kind of similar but to a lesser extent. Otherwise you're posing and posing is not metal.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
12.12.2007 - 19:54
Bash'
:)
Written by Syk on 12.12.2007 at 01:53

Which one is that? They appear different from how they were originally posted because they're automatically sorted so that the most popular is on top

That was by including the downloaded music.

Sorry I didn't get your idea in your 2nd paragraph, you meant I better remove my collection?
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
13.12.2007 - 07:40
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Bash' on 12.12.2007 at 19:54
Sorry I didn't get your idea in your 2nd paragraph, you meant I better remove my collection?
I was kidding a little, but yes. I believe it's false to say that things you've bootlegged or downloaded, unauthorized by the band, belong to your collection.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
18.12.2007 - 23:45
iaberis
Advice Troll
I do not like to see copied or downloaded CDs in the collection, since they aren't actually "in collection".
If you want to have a list of your downloaded pirate stuff, then put them in the wishlist. Simple.
----
Bitch! Please
07.01.2008 - 17:01
Woutjinho
Account deleted
if you downloaded albums, it doesnt belong to any collection
its cheating if you add these albums to your collection
07.01.2008 - 19:00
IllNiñoSweden
Only original CDs of course!!!
10.01.2008 - 04:50
Fuath
only the cds i bought, i have many downloaded songs/albums, but only to see if i like it, then i go and buy it
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

10.01.2008 - 15:14
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I made mywishlist yesterday. pretty much every album I own in MP3, 'cause here in Colombia original Cds are hard to get and they're expensive. So I have to download. But hate me not, my fellow MetalStomers! I shall own all those CDS one day!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
10.01.2008 - 23:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.09.2007 at 21:47

OKay I've decided to tick everything I OWN on original cassette, vinyl, cd, dvd, and the rest I have on cop[ied or downloaded format I add to my wishlist, because all that stuff I want to have as original sometime anyway.

I just saw new Ivan pic and in pic where are Nervel and Ivan ;o man so many tapes, CD I wamma see tham some day
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.01.2008 - 11:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I just edd all my wish lsit only from featured bands(VISIBLE) , huh proty much heheh and I wont edd wishlsit rom invisible bands and from those who has no here, IMO non secce edd 60% of MA datebase so

PS if you see soem DVD I accidently edd it, I dont want DVD
----

apos;'
[image]
13.01.2008 - 16:10
Cookies Upstairs
Account deleted
well 85% of the stuff in my collection was bought by my dad, so it was not my money, but they are all offical releases and today they belong to me and so they are part of my collection. as for mp3's, i have a copy of every album on my pc, because i don't listen to my lp's and cd's every day to use them off, only for special occasions. albums that are my fav.'s or just worth to own, are getting buyed from me.
13.01.2008 - 16:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.01.2008 at 16:10

well 85% of the stuff in my collection was bought by my dad, so it was not my money, but they are all offical releases and today they belong to me and so they are part of my collection. as for mp3's, i have a copy of every album on my pc, because i don't listen to my lp's and cd's every day to use them off, only for special occasions. albums that are my fav.'s or just worth to own, are getting buyed from me.

I saw your collection, your dad likes metal to
----

apos;'
[image]
13.01.2008 - 17:18
Cookies Upstairs
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 13.01.2008 at 16:57

Written by Guest on 13.01.2008 at 16:10

I saw your collection, your dad likes metal to

obviously
13.01.2008 - 17:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Obviously... Original stuff...
Only the things that I or someone else pay with money.. And I can touch.
But I don't add the burned Cds.. They are still copies.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.01.2008 - 18:12
iaberis
Advice Troll
I get irritated by people with thousands albums in their collection when they actually do not own them and just add downloaded stuff... What's the point of adding downloaded? Add them in your wishlist if you don't really have them...
----
Bitch! Please
13.01.2008 - 19:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by iaberis on 13.01.2008 at 18:12

I get irritated by people with thousands albums in their collection when they actually do not own them and just add downloaded stuff... What's the point of adding downloaded? Add them in your wishlist if you don't really have them...

Man if I edd dounloead staff that I will need one year to do it but wishliste it for fun because maybe some day you get it
----

apos;'
[image]
13.01.2008 - 20:46
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 13.01.2008 at 19:32

Man if I edd dounloead staff that I will need one year to do it but wishliste it for fun because maybe some day you get it

but then again you added some Eucharist demos that you don't own physically. or do you?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.01.2008 - 20:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 13.01.2008 at 20:46

Written by Bad English on 13.01.2008 at 19:32

but then again you added some Eucharist demos that you don't own physically. or do you?

Since my motehr live sin Swe I had some raer albums, basicly her BF brothers has and its almoust mine , since he dont listen metal anymore
All albums what I had are in Swe, original, her are coppy, even I almousty own tham, tahy stay there
----

apos;'
[image]
13.01.2008 - 21:01
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 13.01.2008 at 20:54

Since my motehr live sin Swe I had some raer albums, basicly her BF brothers has and its almoust mine , since he dont listen metal anymore
All albums what I had are in Swe, original, her are coppy, even I almousty own tham, tahy stay there

lucky bastard
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.01.2008 - 21:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 13.01.2008 at 21:01

lucky bastard

Hheehe but still I cant move tham, not now maybe after 20 years I use tham how mine, but I dont ask psrm take tham here, I coppy all mp3 and rip all CD from those what are there
----

apos;'
[image]
13.01.2008 - 21:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 13.01.2008 at 21:09

lucky bastard

Hheehe but still I cant move tham, not now maybe after 20 years I use tham how mine, but I dont ask psrm take tham here, I coppy all mp3 and rip all CD from those what are there

Where does she live? what's her address maybe i can move them to my house *evil laugh*
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.01.2008 - 21:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.01.2008 at 21:32

Written by Bad English on 13.01.2008 at 21:09

lucky bastard

Where does she live? what's her address maybe i can move them to my house *evil laugh*

far far nord somewhere between Pitea and Lulea
No way your CD are more fun

BTW in myspace prof was pics some time ago

PS if you come take Silva from Aarnem whit you, she wa sgreat
3 years ago
----

apos;'
[image]
14.01.2008 - 17:37
Nyxgrinder
Written by iaberis on 13.01.2008 at 18:12

Is not their fault if they have more money than you to buy more albums..............................
if you hate download become an FBI inquisitor
cheers