Metal Storm logo
Pestilence - Will Put Out New Music Output In April

Dutch technical death metal legends Pestilence have announced that they are releasing a new album on April 26th called Levels Of Perception, which is a collection of re-recorded material by the band. Pre-orders are being taken here. Levels Of Perception is to be followed by an album of all-new material, reportedly titled Portals.

Founding member, guitarist and vocalist Patrick Mameli comments: "I've always wanted to do a best-of album, because it would mean that I've achieved something in the past; something that still has its value today. To be able to choose from songs that I composed in the distant past, transporting them into the now, with the line-up of the recordings that consisted of Michiel van der Plicht (drums), Rutger van Noordenburg (guitar) and Joost van der Graaf (bass) - I found this to be of great value and sheer awesomeness."

He added: "The album's title is Levels Of Perception. Why? Because this is what has happened with the songs," Mameli explains. "Performed by different musicians, with their own views, musical abilities and interpretations, shining a new light on them. So here we are with new Levels Of Perception."

On the album's drum tracks, which date back to 2021, Mameli said: "These recorded drum tracks were so awesome that we just had to use them, fine-tuning the guitars and bass ... I've started to realize, after recording Exitivm, that when you can engineer, mix and master by yourself, the control over your own product is way bigger, through the honesty and passion for your own compositions; rather than hiring an engineer that has no feel for your music."

The track listing is as follows:

01. Horror Detox (Re-recording)
02. Mvlti Dimensional (Re-recording)
03. Mobvs Propagationem (Re-recording)
04. Sinister (Re-recording)
05. Dehydrated (Re-recording)
06. Dominatvi Svbmissa (Re-recording)
07. Land Of Tears (Re-recording)
08. Necromorph (Re-recording)
09. Deificvs (Re-recording)
10. Twisted Truth (Re-recording)
11. Sempiternvs (Re-recording)
12. Ovt Of The Body (Re-recording)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pestilence
Posted: 27.02.2024 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 50 users
27.02.2024 - 14:51
SamuelYK
Terrible day to have eyes after seeing this album cover
27.02.2024 - 20:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Gonna bet that the re-recordings will turn out as soulless, clinical and overly polished like the AI artwork.

Btw guys, if you wanna have a laugh: Please turn to their Facebook and watch the band defend the use of AI "art" and getting constantly trolled by everyone. Look here and here
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.02.2024 - 21:26
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by X-Ray Rod on 27.02.2024 at 20:17

Gonna bet that the re-recordings will turn out as soulless, clinical and overly polished like the AI artwork.

Btw guys, if you wanna have a laugh: Please turn to their Facebook and watch the band defend the use of AI "art" and getting constantly trolled by everyone. Look here and here

I like what this guy said:
28.02.2024 - 01:14
A Real Mönkey
I mean let’s be real: even without that ugly ass art this has no chance of being good. This band is yet another 90s death metal relic that should’ve hit the trail 20 years ago.
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire

Hits total: 1087 | This month: 3