Lordi - The Arockalypse review
|Release date:||March 2006|
01. SCG3 Special Report [feat. Dee Snider]
02. Bringing Back The Balls To Rock
03. The Deadite Girls Gone Wild
04. The Kids Who Wanna Play With The Dead
05. It Snows In Hell [feat. Bruce Kulick]
06. Who's Your Daddy?
07. Hard Rock Hallelujah
08. They Only Come Out At Night [feat. Udo Dirkschneider]
09. The Chainsaw Buffet [feat. Jay Jay French]
10. Good To Be Bad
11. The Night Of The Loving Dead
12. Supermonstars (The Anthem Of The Phantoms)
13. Would You Love A Monsterman? '06 [2006 Re-release bonus] [2007 Vynil Version]
14. Mr. Killjoy [2006 Re-release bonus] [2007 Vynil Version]
15. EviLove [2006 Re-release bonus] [2007 Vynil Version]
16. Devil Is A Loser [live] [2007 Vinyl Version]
17. Hard Rock Hallelujah [live] [2007 Vinyl Version]
18. Would You Love A Monsterman? [live] [2007 Vinyl Version]
Disc I [Special Edition bonus DVD]
01. Live At Market Square
02. Hello Athens
+ Who's Your Daddy? [video]
+ Hard Rock Hallelujah [video]
+ Would You Love A Monsterman? '06 [video]
Who hasn't heard of Lordi? Who hasn't heard about their triumph in the Eurovision Song Contest 2006? I've been watching this contest for years and it was about time to see something different! I have to admit that before that I hadn't even heard Lordi's name, but after the whole contest thing and the noise about them, I went on to see who they really are. Many things have been told about them, some good, but mostly bad. Most of them were lies from people that had a purpose to keep them away from the contest. They only achieved to make them infamous across Europe and boost their album on the top of music charts in most E.B.U. countries.
So, "The Arockalypse" is the album that brought them into the light, the album that made them rich and famous! Many people originally were lighthearted about their victory but they later refused to listen to them since they considered them as commercialized and something like a bad copy of KISS and other bands. Personally, I never liked KISS, but I really enjoyed listening to this album by Lordi. I can easily characterize it as a mix of Glam Rock and Heavy Metal. I loved the sound of their guitars and the vocal abilities of their singer, both on this album and live. I generally loved this album and the band, both for their music and their stage image.
The album itself is a great piece. It begins with a weird intro of news broadcasting about a monster invasion which is actually the first act of the Arockalpse, the Rock Apocalypse! Of course the highlight of the album is the song which helped them invade and conquer Europe, "Hard Rock Hallelujah" but nearly all songs are amazing. Some of them feature guest musicians from bands like Twisted Sister, Accept and KISS, bands that were the main influence of Lordi. This lethal mix makes the album even more irresistible. The sound still remains the same, since these guest stars only took place in the recordings and not in the composing of the music. The only song that sounded a bit different was "They Only Come Out at Night" where Udo Dirkschneider participates in the vocals. The whole album is pleasant and easy to listen to every time; I never got bored of it and I don't think I ever will. It's interesting, with nice music, clever and funny lyrics and always in time! I recommend it to all of you! Behold the monsters that changed the history of a whole festival and became the first rock band to win the Eurovision contest (and also gave Finland its first victory there)!
Comments page 2 / 2
Comments: 36 Visited by: 130 users
Hits total: 4321 | This month: 19