"The View", the second track from the upcoming new album Lulu, created by the musical collaboration between Lou Reed and Metallica, is now streaming online at this location. You can also listen to it below. Lulu is set to be released on October 31st everywhere else except for North America, where it will be released on November 1st. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: loureedmetallica.com
Band profile: Metallica

Posted: 26.09.2011 by Void Eater

Comments page 3 of 3

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 2 [3]

Frodd - 27.09.2011 at 17:09
Written by JD on 27.09.2011 at 15:24

Written by Frodd on 27.09.2011 at 15:05

Written by JD on 27.09.2011 at 13:21

Written by Frodd on 27.09.2011 at 08:05

You are a table.

No, you are.

Shut up, table. Tables don't talk.

WTF!? you can talk!? you must be a Supertable

And this is how a meme is born. (also, when a mommy and a daddy kiss while holding each other's hands)
ANGEL REAPER - 27.09.2011 at 17:12
Written by Valentin B on 27.09.2011 at 16:53

Written by Angelic Storm on 27.09.2011 at 16:26

I dont know what makes people so sure they know how Cliff would feel about Metallica's output after he died. Cliff was actually the least "metal" out of any of the guys in Metallica when he was alive...

but just as Marcel mentioned, he never gave a shit about trends and kept doing his own thing, which is what Metallica was originally about: not playing cheesy glam rock, but instead playing this very (for the time) abrasive, strange and violent music called thrash metal. i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been ok with them changing to a much more commercial style (self-titled and Load), then changing to ridiculous sounding nu metal (which also happened to be in style at the time), and now releasing this shit.

thank god Mustaine has got over his Metallica issues, and won't try to surpass them anymore in whatever musical direction they take.

i believe that Dave is now laughing like never in his lifetime(especially if he read this) ..but what do i know.. i am just a table ..;D
Yavanna - 27.09.2011 at 17:22
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 27.09.2011 at 17:12

Written by Valentin B on 27.09.2011 at 16:53

I cannot help myself thinking in Dave's reaction... he must be laughing so hard, or at least he said "WTF? I think he should read the comments in Metallica's facebook, then yes, he would laugh as never in his lifetime
arwestromen - 27.09.2011 at 18:53
WTF is this? this is so bad it's making me laugh
Troy Killjoy - 27.09.2011 at 19:12
Written by Evil Chip on 27.09.2011 at 07:11
The relation is retarded, ergo they are retarded.

Please tell me you said that in the voice of The Architect.
Angelic Storm - 27.09.2011 at 19:33
Written by Valentin B on 27.09.2011 at 16:53

James never cared about trends either. (Read his scathing remarks about Lars and Kirk when discussing the change of the band's image during the "Load" era for an example of this.) Although no-one, including me, can state with any authority what Cliff would have thought about Metallica's sound changes from the black album onwards, I think it's safe to assume at the very least, that he'd have had no qualms with Metallica stepping out of the confines of thrash metal. In actual fact, I think Cliff was actually one of the founding reasons that Metallica took on a more progressive, and melodic sound from "Ride The Lightning" onwards. I highly doubt a song like "The Call Of Ktulu" would have came into being for Metallica, if not for Cliff's input. As early as the 2nd album, Metallica were already establishing themselves as a force of nature outwith the boundaries of basic thrash metal, and I think the outside (of metal) influences that Cliff brought to the table had to be a major reason for that happening.

In any case, trying to talk on behalf of a dead man is a bit silly, and I think the people who do it are belittling Cliff as much as anything else. One thing I think I can safely say though, is knowing Cliff's love for classical music, Im sure he'd have loved to have been part of the S&M project that Metallica did with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. That would have been a huge thrill for him to be part of Im sure.

As for Dave Mustaine, well, he has never fully been able to shake off the more commercial sound he adopted after The Black Album. Though yes, I can't imagine him doing anything as terrible as "Lulu"... Any of the songs from "Risk" are of "Peace Sells" type quality, compared to "The View".
Evil Chip - 27.09.2011 at 20:02
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.09.2011 at 19:12

Written by Evil Chip on 27.09.2011 at 07:11
The relation is retarded, ergo they are retarded.

Please tell me you said that in the voice of The Architect.

Well saying ergo makes my voice instantly turn to The Architect tone.
The Shape 1973 - 27.09.2011 at 20:11
If I'm going to be a table, at least make it a cool one.

Angelic Storm - 27.09.2011 at 20:19
Written by The Shape 1973 on 27.09.2011 at 20:11

If I'm going to be a table, at least make it a cool one.

That just made me spit out my juice!
The Shape 1973 - 27.09.2011 at 20:27
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.09.2011 at 20:19

That just made me spit out my juice!

Sorry about that. It is a cool table though. I can see if they do concerts with this song, big TV screens at the sides of the stage, showing this over and over again. Wooooo trippy dude.
Mr. Doctor - 27.09.2011 at 20:31
Written by The Shape 1973 on 27.09.2011 at 20:27

Wooooo trippy dude.

Funny... the very first thing I said to myself when I saw the table changing sizes was : "I so want to trip with that shit."
Angelic Storm - 27.09.2011 at 20:45
Written by The Shape 1973 on 27.09.2011 at 20:27

hehe, that's quite okay. I need a good laugh anyways.

It is a good table! Looking at that, I think I can actually understand now why James wants to be one...
Soviet - 27.09.2011 at 23:46
Yeah, this is pretty bad...
Xim - 28.09.2011 at 00:44
Alright, well from the 30 second clip. I didn't think it sounded that bad. But after hearing that the entire fucking song is just like that 30 second clip, I can say that I'm disappointed.
Delamortia - 28.09.2011 at 09:34
This should have been named "The worst collaboration ever - Don't waste your money"
Void Eater - 28.09.2011 at 15:41
ANGEL REAPER - 28.09.2011 at 22:56
Written by Void Eater on 28.09.2011 at 15:41

post this under the funny stuff thread please...
Troy Killjoy - 29.09.2011 at 01:30
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 28.09.2011 at 22:56
post this under the funny stuff thread please...

Nothing wrong with it here - it's completely relevant.
Void Eater - 29.09.2011 at 02:00
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.09.2011 at 01:30

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 28.09.2011 at 22:56
post this under the funny stuff thread please...

Nothing wrong with it here - it's completely relevant.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If you are, please edit your message to sarcasm font.
Troy Killjoy - 29.09.2011 at 02:03
Written by Void Eater on 29.09.2011 at 02:00

It was in non-sarcastic font. My sarcasm is more obvious than that. Sometimes.

(In case it's still ambiguous, the pic is fine in this thread.)
ANGEL REAPER - 29.09.2011 at 13:06
Written by Void Eater on 29.09.2011 at 02:00

Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.09.2011 at 01:30

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 28.09.2011 at 22:56
post this under the funny stuff thread please...

Nothing wrong with it here - it's completely relevant.

no really... post it there also...its awesome...
Roro - 01.10.2011 at 17:51
HAHAHAHAHAA omg!! ur posts made me laugh as hell!! i never had this much laughing HAHAHAHAA
u should remove this topic to the funny section
DesolationJersey - 04.10.2011 at 22:45
What an awful song. I've already ranted about it on the album page so I wont repeat myself, but god this made me cringe!
afu - 07.10.2011 at 07:16
I said I would be open minded, as I like certain eras all involved. However, this song is shit. I'm not going to make a table joke. I'm sure it's a reference to something that would make perfect sense in context.
Dangerboner - 07.10.2011 at 19:34
Should be called Pupu
Iron Nostarion - 07.10.2011 at 20:25
Lol you want Dave Mustaine's real reaction? He doesn't fucking care now. All he fucking cares about is that this sells well and enables him to gain more money and bills from touring with Metallica on the Big 4 tour.

Same goes with Anthrax and Slayer and the rest of Megadeth.

As much as I adore the Big 4's musical efforts (for they are all proficient musically and songwriting-wise), this is the truth. They've all sold out, and sold out even more when they used the Big 4 name and told us they've reformed to thrash.
Mindheist - 09.10.2011 at 15:26
Written by Lit. on 26.09.2011 at 17:44

Metallica's replacement in the Big 4:

Exodus or Testament?

Don't, just don't.
Death - 09.10.2011 at 20:26
Hope this helps.

ADIresiduos - 14.10.2011 at 19:33
Just finished hearing The View....... and........ errr.........mhm......
Music is ............... ok....... I guess....... just rock......... the singing..... singing??..... chating..... yes, it's chating with emotion........ good luck Mettalica :suicide:
LeChron James - 22.10.2011 at 07:07
Good god, this is awful. Lou Reid honking incoherently with Hetfield yelling somehow more incoherently over some awful, generic instrumental track.

This is unbelievably bad. Metallica is even more dead to me now than when St. Anger came out.
demonsarising - 22.10.2011 at 19:11
This sounds like its 15-20 years too late.
Nemo Atkins - 27.10.2011 at 01:50
From what I know about Lou Reed fans (which is not a lot, I'll admit), they don't like metal music much and Metallica fans don't tend to be Lou Reed fans as well. If that is true, who the fuck is this album supposed to appeal to? And I thought St. Anger was rock bottom for Metallica...this is reaching rock bottom again and starting to dig.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

News Metallica & Lou Reed - Thirty-Second Song Sample Online 10.5 19.09.2011 by malaikat
News Lou Reed & Metallica - New Video Online 10.5 04.12.2011 by Malaghost
News Metallica & Lou Reed - Lulu Streaming Online In Its Entirety 9 20.10.2011 by Mad_Architect
News De Profundis - New Album Cover Art Revealed, New Song Online 5.5 27.02.2012 by Draugen
News Turisas - New Song Online 5.5 19.02.2011 by Ellrohir