Metal Storm logo
The Car Thread

Original post

Posted by Remus, 16.08.2007 - 22:55
Ok, so i looked for a car thread and found nothing. So here it is. (if there actually is another one i haven't seen, well, then the "search" feature sucks, or i'm just a pooh pooh!).

So you can talk about what brands you like, if you own a car, describe it and just talk about anything related to cars.

Post away petrol/metal-heads!
01.09.2007 - 23:46
Remus
Written by Ernis on 01.09.2007 at 23:04

We started producing semi-biological fuel now....it's basically spirit brewed from potatoes and other plants mixed with some fossil fuel diluted in it....this fuel emits much less CO2 than ordinary gas and the excess CO2 will be consumed by the plants which grow to produce more biological fuel of them....this fuel can only be used by specially designed vehicles and this can be bought only in certain petrol stations......at least it's a start.....

Oh man, this was supposed to ba a "petrol-head" thread not a "ethanol-head" one ! Hey but it's cool, at least you guys are part of the solution not the problem (global warming). Good for you Mr Frodo

@ ...HumanError... congrats on your driving licence test! I, of course, have had mine for a while now ...
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
03.09.2007 - 00:13
Bash'
:)
It's hard here to get the licence, though I got it from the first time [if you fail here it costs like 30$ to make another test + you'll have to wait for 2 weeks at least]

I have my Opel Astra 2002, 1400cc, 90 horses, automatic [which I really prefer much much more than a manual gear].. that's it

BTW, as much as it is a heavy car comparativlye, which is good, it costs a bomb when it comes to maintinance disasters...
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
04.09.2007 - 15:50
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Yay, I passed tests today!!! Im tired now pretty much, from 7am to 2:30 pm, man.... but I'll be driving in few days, so its ok.
----
04.09.2007 - 19:00
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Stalker on 04.09.2007 at 15:50

Yay, I passed tests today!!! Im tired now pretty much, from 7am to 2:30 pm, man.... but I'll be driving in few days, so its ok.

What 8hrs of testing exams . And what type of tests is this
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
04.09.2007 - 20:38
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Lupas on 04.09.2007 at 19:00

Written by Stalker on 04.09.2007 at 15:50

What 8hrs of testing exams . And what type of tests is this

Both theory and driving. Well, irony is that I finished theory in 10 minutes, driving in maybe 15, and the rest of it was waiting for results, for other candidates to finish.... I was last candidate.
----
05.09.2007 - 00:23
Bash'
I passed theory & practical from the first time, till now no accidents & only two times a police catch a violation, one is talking in phone and one is a wrong parking (I was compelled to)

What car are you going to drive?? I drive BMW520 in my daydreams
----

05.09.2007 - 13:55
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Dont know for now.... Probably old Mercedes 200 and my Yugo LOL, for the first time , i dont know later.... But this Merc looks like new, damn, and it goes like crazy, although its older than me!!
----
05.09.2007 - 20:14
Bash'
Better than taxis and waiting under rain or sun, between crowds, with some lack of common sense around which would make you want to die...

Here you play the music you like, go buy stuff as if you want easily..

I always recieve an sms of a list of things to bring while I am back from uni., this makes a headache for me yeah but it still better than to get out after reaching home for those stuff..

And be calm while driving
----

05.09.2007 - 20:39
Deus Ex Machina
About this car thing. I want to get a driver's license, it's not that i don't want too. My mom actually never learned how to drive and she regrets it. I'm sure i would too if i didn't. My dad is a great driver and he loves cars. I on the other hand, not so much. I really don't care about cars brands and stuff.
Another thing is, I'm afraid I'll fail
Driving seems difficult. I can't imagine myself on some highway. I'll try encouraging myself a bit more because i see people passing tests and i see you guys do too. So I guess if you can so can I. It can't be THAT big of a deal. Most of all I think it's all in my head. I'll try dealing with getting a license when i get exams at uni out of the way.
I'll probably be scared shitless to go to driving lessons. Nevertheless, i'll do my best.
05.09.2007 - 20:54
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Well, I wanted to get my license this year, but my parents didn't want me to. In fact, I won't get a car till I'm over 20, so they're kind of right...If I get the license now, I'll have forgotten everything by the time I get a car.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
06.09.2007 - 22:13
tulkas
el parcero
if my gf has good grades on this semester at the university, one of her uncles is going to give her a car. she says she wants a black Mazda 3, although she's not entirely sure, but it still makes me happy beacuse she'll let me drive it, hehe. i realy envy her, 'cause my parents don't have enough money to buy me a car, so i just use my dads car when i need it, but they don't let me go out at night beacuse it's too unsafe
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
08.09.2007 - 01:04
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Deus Ex Machina on 05.09.2007 at 20:39

About this car thing. I want to get a driver's license, it's not that i don't want too. My mom actually never learned how to drive and she regrets it. I'm sure i would too if i didn't. My dad is a great driver and he loves cars. I on the other hand, not so much. I really don't care about cars brands and stuff.
Another thing is, I'm afraid I'll fail
Driving seems difficult. I can't imagine myself on some highway. I'll try encouraging myself a bit more because i see people passing tests and i see you guys do too. So I guess if you can so can I. It can't be THAT big of a deal. Most of all I think it's all in my head. I'll try dealing with getting a license when i get exams at uni out of the way.
I'll probably be scared shitless to go to driving lessons. Nevertheless, i'll do my best.

It isnt that hard, you can do it!! Theory is just logic and common sense basicaly, so it wont be hard for you, and driving, its just important that you are not afraid, cause its nothing special, just go out and when you see all those people who can drive... Its for everyone, not for scientist or whatever
When I did my tests, there was some woman who failed on poligon, and I saw she knew how to do all that, but she was afraid, and she screwed it all...
So its important to be calm, the rest will come to its place eventually.... I dont know if ive helped you now or scared you even more...
----
08.09.2007 - 12:40
Lord Of Flies
Hi fellows!

Look's that you like about small cars! My own is Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW '89, with only 5,7 littre small block V8 engine (too small), dual 2,5 inch exchause pipes whit out silencers (Loud pipes save lives). It's little bigger... Is here anyone who likes about american cars?

Here's picture about my "lady".
http://www.stwclub.net/galleria/albums/userpics/10297/Kuva%28724%29.jpg

For those who have got driving licences lattely, concratulations and safe kilometres!
----
Heave can wait till another day
Yah! It stinks and is giving you a headache, - it's a diesel.

-95 Dodge Ram SLT Cummins 4x4
08.09.2007 - 13:24
Hyvaarin
I got my licence on the 28th of June. Really happy I got it then, because as of the start of July in my state, all new drivers aren't allowed to carry more than one passenger after 23:00 and have to display P plates for something like 3 years. Because I was so timely, smart and handsome about doing my test when I did, I avoid the passenger law, only have to have my provisional licence for two years (or something like that), and never need the P plates.

I currently drive the Lifemobile (a Toyota Starlet Life, when driven/possessed by my mum).

(mine's white)

It's nice and easy to drive, but it's totally not metal haha.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
08.09.2007 - 17:30
Remus
Written by Lord Of Flies on 08.09.2007 at 12:40

Hi fellows!

Look's that you like about small cars! My own is Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW '89, with only 5,7 littre small block V8 engine (too small), dual 2,5 inch exchause pipes whit out silencers (Loud pipes save lives). It's little bigger... Is here anyone who likes about american cars?

For those who have got driving licences lattely, concratulations and safe kilometres!

Damn dude, you drive a station wagon - now that's definately NOT metal ! But hey, it's all good, at least you have a car to drive. As for the engine, it kills me how Chevy calls the 5.7l the "small block". What would they call the Fiat Uno 900cc ? Oh well, on second thought, a station-wagon IS actually metal 'cause you can carry drums and guitars in the back so you got it good man!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
08.09.2007 - 17:34
Remus
Written by Bash' on 03.09.2007 at 00:13

I have my Opel Astra 2002, 1400cc, 90 horses, automatic [which I really prefer much much more than a manual gear].. that's it

Wait, you're a guy, you're not older than 70 yet you enjoy an automatic gearbox over a stick. Hmmm.... something's not right here...

But nice car anyway, i mean to start out with a '02 Astra, not too shabby my friend !
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
08.09.2007 - 21:02
Bash'
Written by Remus on 08.09.2007 at 17:34

Wait, you're a guy, you're not older than 70 yet you enjoy an automatic gearbox over a stick. Hmmm.... something's not right here...

But nice car anyway, i mean to start out with a '02 Astra, not too shabby my friend !

hehehe, actually my friend, driving in a crowded & sometimes narrow streets, having lots of circles, everywhere, and lots of inclines & declines in roads, as Amman have the mountains nature, then really an automatic gear will serve you the best, will give you the ability to take use from chances you barly have to take the side you want and so...

In addition to that, manual is good for drifting and stuff, and I hate to drift I only enjoy watching but not doing that myself, so that.. also driving in manual really makes you tired compared to automatic, I tried both and found how really automatic is easy & better in all ways.. else about the consuming, coz automatic consumes fuel more than manual.. the only thing..

btw, Astra is one hell of a fuel consuming, it consumes a tank for 180 KM which is TOO bad for a small car been manufactured after year 2000... that's a really big weakness point..
----

08.09.2007 - 21:10
Bash'
Written by Lord Of Flies on 08.09.2007 at 12:40

Hi fellows!

5.7 littre??? woow! you barly touch the benzen pedal and it reachs to 60km in a second

I said I hate drifting, but I like speed sometimes .. maybe alittle more than sometimes hehe .. but if only streets aren't crowded...
----

09.09.2007 - 22:15
Remus
Written by Bash' on 08.09.2007 at 21:02

btw, Astra is one hell of a fuel consuming, it consumes a tank for 180 KM which is TOO bad for a small car been manufactured after year 2000... that's a really big weakness point..

Well here we only got the 1.6l and up Astras in 2002 but they all had 52 liter fuel tanks. Assuming your 1.4l model has the same size tank then your fuel consumption is +/- 28l/100km. Your average Lamborghini/Ferrari/Porsche Cayman Turbo gets about 25l/100km. Do you know what this means?

That either you made a mistake when you calculated your fuel consumption or your car has something terribly wrong with it - like a hole in the gas tank . If it's the latter (i hope not) then i strongly advise you to take it to the dealership/mechanic to have it fixed. There's not way a good-running 1.4l consumes as much gas as an 18 wheeler!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
09.09.2007 - 22:33
Bash'
Written by Remus on 09.09.2007 at 22:15

Written by Bash' on 08.09.2007 at 21:02

Well here we only got the 1.6l and up Astras in 2002 but they all had 52 liter fuel tanks. Assuming your 1.4l model has the same size tank then your fuel consumption is +/- 28l/100km. Your average Lamborghini/Ferrari/Porsche Cayman Turbo gets about 25l/100km. Do you know what this means?

That either you made a mistake when you calculated your fuel consumption or your car has something terribly wrong with it - like a hole in the gas tank . If it's the latter (i hope not) then i strongly advise you to take it to the dealership/mechanic to have it fixed. There's not way a good-running 1.4l consumes as much gas as an 18 wheeler!

how come 28l/km?

hmm... as I calculated it once on reality, it really was 20l for 180 Km.. now like:

180 km -> 20 L
100 km -> ?? L

?? = 11 L / 100 Km

And yeah you're totally right, it's tank takes about 50 L, and when I fill it to full it runs for alittle more than 410km to 430 km .. but not more..

When I ask ppl who have similar car, they tell me a better consumption if they are manual, but automatic gearbox all consumes alike I noticed..

What do you think?
----

09.09.2007 - 23:25
Remus
Written by Bash' on 09.09.2007 at 22:33

btw, Astra is one hell of a fuel consuming, it consumes a tank for 180 KM

A tank = 52l

52l.....................180km
??.......................100km

therefore ?? = (52*100)/180
therefore ?? = 28.8l/100km

That's how i came up with THAT digit...

Quote:

And yeah you're totally right, it's tank takes about 50 L, and when I fill it to full it runs for alittle more than 410km to 430 km .. but not more..

But then you sait that ^^ which equates to about 12l/100km - closer to the truth but still a bit on the heavy side... I feel sorry for you when you have to fill up but cheer up, gas is quite cheap over there!

Yes, i think a manual would be a lot more frugal. Small engined cars+automatic geabox = high fuel consumption ( not to mention boredom)! It must be said, that if you drive in heavy traffic your fuel consumption will be much higher than say if you drove at a higher(constant) speed i.e. on the freeway.

Conclusion: For pete's sake man, get a manual!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
09.09.2007 - 23:54
Bash'
aha!

we here use Tank for 20 L in common... hehe that was it ..

Manual to me = hell .. I really don't like it.. this is what I call it boring & tiring ... my back hurts if I drove for an hour, so how come if it is manual!

though it is going to be better economically ... btw here there is no Gas, only benzen.. unleaded .. L for alittle less than 1$ .. I fell it full with exactly 50$ .. damn damn damn!
----

10.09.2007 - 00:00
Remus
"Gas" is what yanks call benzine.

$1 a liter is actually quite a lot, in Europe it's about an Euro a liter but still, i expected the difference to be much larger. Oh well, it sucks for you.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
10.09.2007 - 00:26
Remus

I have my Opel Astra 2002, 1400cc, 90 horses,

Hey, what's the fastest you've gone in it?

@Lord of Flies: how fast have you gone in yours?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
10.09.2007 - 00:46
Bash'
Written by Remus on 10.09.2007 at 00:26

I have my Opel Astra 2002, 1400cc, 90 horses,

Hey, what's the fastest you've gone in it?

@Lord of Flies: how fast have you gone in yours?

160 Km, wide straight declining road.. You like speed too? I do speed automatically, even if I intend not to drive speedy I do, unless it is crowded with cars for more than like 40% of the streets space then no I don't..
----

10.09.2007 - 06:36
tulkas
el parcero
i like to go fast also, even though my car isn't too fast, it's a renault logan. the top i've reached was like 145km/h, going back home from my university. i like to speed also, although here it's dangerous 'cause the streets are crowded like 95% of the times, that's why you have to be extra careful.
and also, traffic here sucks, people (specially taxi and bus drivers) think they own the road so they don't care about the rest. that why people also say that 'if you can drieve in bogotá (colombia) you can drive anywhere!'. some people are even afraid of driving here
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.09.2007 - 06:54
Deus Ex Machina
Written by Stalker on 08.09.2007 at 01:04
It isnt that hard, you can do it!! Theory is just logic and common sense basicaly, so it wont be hard for you, and driving, its just important that you are not afraid, cause its nothing special, just go out and when you see all those people who can drive... Its for everyone, not for scientist or whatever
When I did my tests, there was some woman who failed on poligon, and I saw she knew how to do all that, but she was afraid, and she screwed it all...
So its important to be calm, the rest will come to its place eventually.... I dont know if ive helped you now or scared you even more...

Naaaah, you didn't scare me. You actually made a good point. IT'S FOR EVERYONE!
LOL, so that must mean me too

I'll be cool as a cucumber
10.09.2007 - 18:08
Lord Of Flies
Abaut 180km/h whit 3rd gear.
----

14.09.2007 - 20:48
master of gods
Account deleted
i have Fiat tipo 1994 2.0 automatic
and a Nissan pathfinder ( wich is a pure pleasure to drive ) with its 3.0 engine
14.09.2007 - 23:35
Lord Of Flies
My car take normal drive about 15l/100km. If I drag or hit the gas harder it take about 20l/km.

And I allso prefer more automatic transmission, if engine outbut is less than 300hp. After 300hp I want at least semi-automatic...
----