Metal Storm logo
Extreme MetalStormers

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 30.07.2006 - 16:06
So, welcome to the thread.

Dream_of_Hate and I had the idea of creating a sort of 'club' of MetalStormers, who love extreme metal. Something like the 'Hampster Metal' group we have. You do not have to pay contribution (though you are allowed), you just have to like extreme metal and have space in your signature.

So, we still need the banner. Anyone interested in joining, and willing to help with creating the banner, your help is appreciated. You can post suggestions about how the banner is going to look like here. Also for questions and all other stuff, just ask.
08.08.2006 - 19:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Haha, cool. I'll put you on the list. My banner will be too übernecrogrimkvlt for Herz to handle.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.08.2006 - 21:05
Markku
Account deleted
Do prog thrash and -death count, or are those genres not ixtreem enough ?
08.08.2006 - 21:21
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Good question. I think it depends. What the 'basis' of the band is.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.08.2006 - 17:22
Herzebeth
@Basso: a-ha....the guys from good charlotte use corpse paint..lol..that's so kult.. (phun intended...nah)

@Nervel: ok Black can be extreme in some cases..but hell Dimmu Borgir and those crappers are not extreme at all...come on they use naked chicks in their covers and those chicks are not screwing with anyone...that's not kult that's just gay....whn you see a cover like Semen then you have extreme and kult lol...

@Markku: like...prog can be extreme...let's think !T.O.O.H.! that's extreme as fuck but progressive as pink floyd...as Nervel wisely said..it depends on the band's scheme.

and my sig got erased daaamn...can anyone recommend me a site where to upload it again? thanks
----
09.08.2006 - 18:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@Herzebeth,

Seriously, that post was fukked as hell. Evenworse as some comments from the so called 'slipknot-posers'.

Duder, Dimmu Borgir is NOT, I repeat, NOT standard black. They, and I suppose you are talking about PEM, are kinda soft version of Sympho Black.
----

10.08.2006 - 01:47
Herzebeth
yeah yeah...I know...I just wanted someone to reply saying "seriously, that post was fukked as hell" lol... guess you're the winner.

----
10.08.2006 - 06:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Herzebeth on 09.08.2006 at 17:22

whn you see a cover like Semen then you have extreme and kult lol...

Nah, that's gay too. The cover of Disgorge's Forensick is as extreme as you get.
10.08.2006 - 08:14
Herzebeth
Written by Dangerboner on 10.08.2006 at 06:47

Written by Herzebeth on 09.08.2006 at 17:22

whn you see a cover like Semen then you have extreme and kult lol...

Nah, that's gay too. The cover of Disgorge's Forensick is as extreme as you get.

true....a lot of cocks is kind of gay....an dead fetus coming out from a dead belly..geez..that's fucked up...

there's also Holocausto Canibal and Last Days Of Humanity for those matters...even creepier..try the cover of the album called "years of goremaggedon" by a french band of who's name I can't remember now
----
10.08.2006 - 10:47
Herzebeth
hey guys..I uploaded 3 banners..check them out...

I'll do some more if you like anything from the above banners...I can re-do them or rearrange them or whatever shit that needs to be done
----
10.08.2006 - 12:19
Endoftherainbow
I really like the bottom banner alot but one thing I don't really like is the style of font used. I think since it's extreme metalstormers the font should be in the vein of extreme metal band fonts something like how the Bloodbath logo is or something would be cool.
10.08.2006 - 16:36
Markku
Account deleted
@Herz.

Aren't you drawing a parallel between gore and extreme here?
10.08.2006 - 17:56
Bloodshed
Account deleted
that last one seems to be quite cool. but yeah the font is average.
10.08.2006 - 18:15
Herzebeth
So the font isn't cool? ok...let me see what you think of the following

@Markku: lol..the first banner was all gore pictures...the other banners are (the black and red) only a black background and red spots...and (the current banner) is like..a collage of some films..think Hellraiser meets Braindead and some other films.. that's not gore man hehe
----
10.08.2006 - 19:45
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Herzebeth on 10.08.2006 at 01:47

yeah yeah...I know...I just wanted someone to reply saying "seriously, that post was fukked as hell" lol... guess you're the winner.

Yey! What's my price?
----

10.08.2006 - 22:38
Endoftherainbow
That's still not quite how I've been picturing the font is there anyone who can give the font an old school Death Metal/Black Metal kinda vibe so it is unreadable or hard to read But out of those three fonts I like the second one bestest. Sorry if I seem like I can't be pleased I just think that the banner would be best if it was like that and I'm sure someone has to agree with me on this.
11.08.2006 - 00:07
Basso
Account deleted
I liked the red / black sign that herze made in the middle of thoose above.
btw: What the hell xD? Good Charlotte uses corpse-paint? hahaha Aint they like green day wannabeisch or something? Dont think I have heard to much of them ....

But man seriously... black metal is extreme (and I mean black metal not the lalalalalala nice melody black metal aka Dimmu Borgir) and should be considered extreme metal no matter how you look at it. I mean an album does not have to include about 19 songs with the title starting of with Necopedophile-somethingwierdhere to be considered extreme.
11.08.2006 - 00:46
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 06.08.2006 at 01:16

I have some ideas:

I think we should rename it. "Extreme Metalstormers" is too obvious and everyoune will know what it is. The Hamster Metal people had a name which didn't have anything to do with Prog. Hell, I didn't even know what it was until someone told me in the "My Farewell" thread. Then again, I'm sure people will eventually figure it out and everyone will have the same exact banner on this forum. We could have a banner with a random name, such as "Smurf Metal" and have it be the extreme metalstormer group.

Maybe we should get the help of a moderator. As a group, we can choose who is allowed to join and if we see someone with the banner that we either don't know or don't want in the group, we can have a mod make them get rid of it.

Or, maybe we should consolidate it. Instead of extreme metal in general, maybe we can only make it a death metal group or some other sub-genre. With a name like Extreme Metalstormers, we would get all of the black, death, thrash, grind etc. fans with that banner.

Well, what we do with HamPsteR MeTaL is anyone who wants to join just sends a message to me, and I send him or her a link for our picture. You could do something like that.
----
(space for rent)
11.08.2006 - 00:57
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
All I have to do to get a link to your picture is to check out the properties. I actually thought about that, but I figured people would take the link.

@Herz- dude, your banners rule.
11.08.2006 - 02:21
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
That is true. I didn't think about it. Well, I don't think people are going to try to 'sneak' into Exteme Metalstormers.
----
(space for rent)
11.08.2006 - 02:32
Stigmatized
Damn....I'm so confused as to what is going on with this right now....
11.08.2006 - 02:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by [user id=3005] on 08.08.2006 at 21:05

Do prog thrash and -death count, or are those genres not ixtreem enough ?

I don't think so. You mean bands like Opeth right? Well, until they sing about sodomizing decapitated cadavers, I say no.
11.08.2006 - 03:47
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Stigmatized on 11.08.2006 at 02:32

Damn....I'm so confused as to what is going on with this right now....

Same here. Thought it was an absolutly great idea .... now im really confused with what its about and what the 'guide-lines' are ...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
11.08.2006 - 04:18
Herzebeth
well..then let's start drawing some guidelines...

first of all. is this an Extreme Club accepting all kinds of extreme metal? I saw someone saying that we had to make this an only Death or something club...

then...this is going to be a CLUB...so we need to DO something..like, whatever..naming bands or something..if not this is going to be just a mindless topic about random bands

uhm..what else...ideas anyone?
----
11.08.2006 - 06:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
There already is an Extreme Metalstormers thread so I still don't get the purpose of this club. It's a pretty cool idea though so I hope we can make it work.
11.08.2006 - 06:27
Endoftherainbow
I think the purpose is to make us stand out kindof like the prog people and their Hampster Metal Club which I think is a great idea and I hope it works out aswell. As for the question about what genres it should be focusing on IMO it should be focusing on Thrash, Death, and Black Metal because they are the basic extreme genres.
11.08.2006 - 07:14
KryptoN
imperceptible
Well I've got a suggestion but I have no idea how people who don't use last.fm will like it. Anyway, I was obviously thinking of us setting up a group over at last.fm to "extend" the club. Of course it could be optional and all. I have a feeling that those who are already members over there would like the idea, or am I wrong? At least to me it seems like a decent idea.

Here's some info:
- We could have our own (private/public) forum. There we could freely create as many threads as we want. For example we could have some "game threads" (stuff like the guitar riff game here, the possibilities are endless).
- We could establish an invite only / owner approval / member approval policy.
- If we get enough people to join there we'd have weekly charts for the group.
- Music recommendations would be easy through the group recommendation system.
- We could maybe create some kind of a weekly mixtape thing (obviously we can't publicly do that with copyrighted stuff, but there is a private messaging system that allows the group leader(s) to send mass private messages to the members, which could be used for group news and stuff like that as well).

I don't know what else to tell about it. So what do you think?

(To those who don't know what last.fm is: Last.fm is a musical statistic service and community that connects its users through musical neighbours and groups. All you have to do is register on the site (for free). If you want to start building your musical profile you have to install a small application that will read tag information of your music files from your media player and send the artist/song/album info to the server and your profile. As you listen to music your profile will develop and you will start to get musical neighbours, people who have similar tastes to yours. You can meet new people and check out their profiles/statistics, view artist pages with statistics (most popular songs etc.) and create/join groups. There is also a configurable "radio" service that you can set up to play for example neighbour radios, group radios, artist fan radios, similar artist radios and tag radios (people can tag artists/songs/albums with all kinds of tags like "death metal", "my favourite songs", "great instrumentals" and so on). Everything you listen to through this streaming service will also be added to your profile. Read more on the site: http://www.last.fm. And here's an example of a profile (mine): http://www.last.fm/user/KryptoN/)
11.08.2006 - 07:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm not a last.fm user, but I was thinking about joining.
11.08.2006 - 09:07
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Herzebeth on 10.08.2006 at 18:15

So the font isn't cool? ok...let me see what you think of the following

Oh faaak , holy fking PWNAGE !!

Awesome , want to be a mamber of it ... help !!

n Yeah make a group at last.fm ... last .fm is KVLT
11.08.2006 - 10:28
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Im on for KryptoN's suggestion using Last.fm as an 'extention' of the club.

The features that are pointed out would help a bit with recommedations and having our own forum.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
11.08.2006 - 16:15
Stigmatized
I'm behind KryptoN's idea 110%. That's a really smart way to do things.

Written by Endoftherainbow on 11.08.2006 at 06:27

I think the purpose is to make us stand out kindof like the prog people and their Hampster Metal Club which I think is a great idea and I hope it works out aswell. As for the question about what genres it should be focusing on IMO it should be focusing on Thrash, Death, and Black Metal because they are the basic extreme genres.

I think that's basically what I was thinking....though as KryptoN has shown...it doesn't have to end up there.