Metal Storm logo
The Car Thread

Original post

Posted by Remus, 16.08.2007 - 22:55
Ok, so i looked for a car thread and found nothing. So here it is. (if there actually is another one i haven't seen, well, then the "search" feature sucks, or i'm just a pooh pooh!).

So you can talk about what brands you like, if you own a car, describe it and just talk about anything related to cars.

Post away petrol/metal-heads!
24.09.2009 - 06:26
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Lord TJ on 24.09.2009 at 04:13

Hahaha, damn deer! Not only did he wreck the car, but also pooped on it
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
06.10.2009 - 05:31
My pro street rig

06.10.2009 - 10:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And what is this black bird in front?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.10.2009 - 18:54
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Ellrohir on 06.10.2009 at 10:57

And what is this black bird in front?

Looks like a Pontiac Trans Am.
----
06.10.2009 - 20:58
3rd gen camaro
06.10.2009 - 22:11
tulkas
el parcero
Written by halfeatenfetus on 06.10.2009 at 20:58

3rd gen camaro

Damn! That was my second option, hehe. At that time pretty much all GM muscle car models looked the same. Pointy fronts and stuff. My weapon of choice still is the '69 Challenger Hemi R/T Or a Charger, I wouldn't mind.
----
06.10.2009 - 22:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I thought Pontiac Trans Am at first too...but i searched some pics and saw the orange light is placed differently...
----

14.10.2009 - 10:59
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Black Mass on 21.10.2008 at 12:33

I've got a 2000 model Honda Integra GSI (not the Type R, unfortuntately). Its black, 2 door coupe.
What have I done to it? New cd player, 4 new speakers, massive sub, big amp to power sub, extractors, exhaust and pod filter. Just need a new intake manifold + computer and I'll have the same amount of power as a Type R.

Oh - and she's for sale as of January. I'm going travelling again

Weird, at least to me. All the Integras in North America were sold as Acura, which I've know for a while, what is weird is that it's a GSI, I've never heard of the GSI model. After a bit of research I found out a small amount of info, I thought it would be the same as the GSR but, turns out it's the same as our Acura Integra GS, the GSR however, had a differant engine including VTECH, very similar to the Type-R but with an inferior header, and some other tuning differances.

I had a phoenix yellow '01 Type-R for a bit, and honestly I think the car is overrated some what. It's a good out of the box track style car but, it's too much of a theft concern and obviously lacks any sort of luxury, that's to say it has none in the slightest. Though, I wish my '03 Celica GT-S had an LSD like my Type-R had.
14.10.2009 - 13:45
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Bitter Dawn on 14.10.2009 at 10:59

I had a phoenix yellow '01 Type-R for a bit, and honestly I think the car is overrated some what. It's a good out of the box track style car but, it's too much of a theft concern and obviously lacks any sort of luxury, that's to say it has none in the slightest. Though, I wish my '03 Celica GT-S had an LSD like my Type-R had.

New Type R's are much better, I've seen the tests from Top Gear and they seemed ok, also on the luxury part. And, btw, LSD on your Celica?

EDIT: Speaking of Type R's Mugen Type R
----
14.10.2009 - 21:08
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by tulkas on 14.10.2009 at 13:45

New Type R's are much better, I've seen the tests from Top Gear and they seemed ok, also on the luxury part. And, btw, LSD on your Celica?

EDIT: Speaking of Type R's Mugen Type R

Yes, LSD. Limited Slip Differential, it helps manage the acceleration and deceleration on a vehicle, quite useful for racing. Which is one of a couple things I'll give the Integra Type-S, their cars have LSD and the i-VTECH kicks in sooner and more smoothly than the Yamaha engine found in the 7th gen. Celica GT-S and late model Lotus Elise.

I'm surprised Top Gear spent their time on a FWD car, but Mugen is pretty decent when it comes to tuning Hondas.

Now I've got Japanese cars on the brain. I was thinking how there is a severe lack in Japanese sport cars, and how I was incredibly shocked to see a new Nissan GT-R (R35) in this small, redneck shit town when I first moved to it three months ago, now the new GT-R is suppose to be an amazing beast of it's own! Aside from the new GT-R, I can't think of a whole lot that constitutes as a sports car from Japan anymore. There's the 350/370Z, S2000, ...hm, and surely there must be a few others? The RX-8 is practically American now, which is of course bloody lame!

Back in the 90's Japan actually had some decent vehicles ie: 3rd gen. RX-7 TT, MKIV Supra TT, NSX, 3000GT VR-4, Celica GT-Four (AWD with the 3sgte), MR2 Turbo, and others.
14.10.2009 - 23:01
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Bitter Dawn on 14.10.2009 at 21:08

Yes, LSD. Limited Slip Differential, it helps manage the acceleration and deceleration on a vehicle, quite useful for racing. Which is one of a couple things I'll give the Integra Type-S, their cars have LSD and the i-VTECH kicks in sooner and more smoothly than the Yamaha engine found in the 7th gen. Celica GT-S and late model Lotus Elise.

I'm surprised Top Gear spent their time on a FWD car, but Mugen is pretty decent when it comes to tuning Hondas.

Now I've got Japanese cars on the brain. I was thinking how there is a severe lack in Japanese sport cars, and how I was incredibly shocked to see a new Nissan GT-R (R35) in this small, redneck shit town when I first moved to it three months ago, now the new GT-R is suppose to be an amazing beast of it's own! Aside from the new GT-R, I can't think of a whole lot that constitutes as a sports car from Japan anymore. There's the 350/370Z, S2000, ...hm, and surely there must be a few others? The RX-8 is practically American now, which is of course bloody lame!

Back in the 90's Japan actually had some decent vehicles ie: 3rd gen. RX-7 TT, MKIV Supra TT, NSX, 3000GT VR-4, Celica GT-Four (AWD with the 3sgte), MR2 Turbo, and others.

Oh, I just hadn't heard about those initials, but I do know about the Limited slip differential

Gotta consider that japanese, and oriental cars mostly, don't have much legacy of supercars, or well-tuned cars since they started as low budget cars set to take the US market during the oil crisis. Still, you gotta remember the Toyota AE86, which a great breakthrough since it was a very well balanced car; then you have the Subaru's, specifically the Imprezas STi, and not to forget the Honda NSX's, and the now long legacy of Skylines, picked up now by the amazing GT-R (R-35). The Datsuns and now the 350Z and 370Z are great cars as well, and Mazda also had a quite good share of that with their RX's. But real high point for me is Nissan with their Skylines, specially because they were so "tune-able".
----
15.10.2009 - 12:57
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by tulkas on 14.10.2009 at 23:01

Written by Bitter Dawn on 14.10.2009 at 21:08

Oh, I just hadn't heard about those initials, but I do know about the Limited slip differential

Gotta consider that japanese, and oriental cars mostly, don't have much legacy of supercars, or well-tuned cars since they started as low budget cars set to take the US market during the oil crisis. Still, you gotta remember the Toyota AE86, which a great breakthrough since it was a very well balanced car; then you have the Subaru's, specifically the Imprezas STi, and not to forget the Honda NSX's, and the now long legacy of Skylines, picked up now by the amazing GT-R (R-35). The Datsuns and now the 350Z and 370Z are great cars as well, and Mazda also had a quite good share of that with their RX's. But real high point for me is Nissan with their Skylines, specially because they were so "tune-able".

No worries man. When you say LSD around people who aren'ty ver car savvy at all, they of course think of the drug lol.

You pretty much made the same list of cars I did man Although, for modern cars I did forget the WRX and it's STi model, plus the EVO series, which seem to be one of the very few cars to survive the 90's, which may be because Americans couldn't get them until more recent. Toyota though, they've got to be one of the most disappointing Japanese manufactors now, they offer piss all when it comes to sporty cars, hell, even the seventh gen. Celica and MR-S when they were in production were really not much more than over glorified grocery getters, even as an owner I can admit that. Bloody Toyota, all they focus on now is vehicles that achieve good economy standards, in other words, vehicles meant for families and poor white collar workers.
Perhaps that's what GM is doing wrong, they're still making "muscle cars" which are selling well, but the majority of their vehicles are crap and people would rather shell out an extra few grande for a reliable Jap' car, at least GM is still producing cars that provide a thrill.
15.10.2009 - 14:02
tulkas
el parcero
YEh, but you gotta consider that once again the oil crisis is making people buy small cars again. Which sucks, because for car lover lovers the tr00ness remains in huge absurd supercars that call kill you in the blink of an eye is you don't handle them with respect. But also on Top Gear they featured this week the new Celica, and from the stats they give it appears that it might be a re born of that model. We'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, and I forgot about the EVO's too! Horrible mistake
----
05.01.2010 - 17:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
McLaren MP4-12C

say wow
----

05.01.2010 - 17:51
Immortal
I have a hair dressers car - Fiat Punto.

It's reliable so I don't care
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
05.01.2010 - 22:35
MetallicA
Technically it's not my car but I'm the one who drives it everyday. It's a 1999 Saturn SL 2 series or something like that. It's nothing fancy but it runs great and I don't have to worry about it breaking down.

I used to own a 1986 Jeep Cherokee... That thing ran like shit but I paid only $400 and had it for 1.5 years so I'm not complaining. it broke down only a few times lol! Got my money's worth. Also not to mention someone rear ended me when I was driving it... Nothing except a cracked tail light and the other dude's car was fucked! It went away on a tow truck. I would love to get another Jeep when I get the money for this very reason...if someone hits me, I know I'll be safe unless it's an 18 wheeler that hits me haha

edit: and hopefully it'll be a much newer Jeep that runs better
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
06.01.2010 - 00:30
tulkas
el parcero
Written by MetallicA on 05.01.2010 at 22:35

Technically it's not my car but I'm the one who drives it everyday. It's a 1999 Saturn SL 2 series or something like that. It's nothing fancy but it runs great and I don't have to worry about it breaking down.

I used to own a 1986 Jeep Cherokee... That thing ran like shit but I paid only $400 and had it for 1.5 years so I'm not complaining. it broke down only a few times lol! Got my money's worth.

$400 for a Cherokee? Wow. I really envy car prices over there, 'cause here they are much more expensive due to all the taxes and shit like that. Just to compare, I'm looking at a 1988 Cherokee and it costs 12million pesos, which would be equivalent to about 6000US dollars. Get my point now? hehe. And I envy that specially now since we don't have a car... :'(
----
06.01.2010 - 03:01
MetallicA
Written by tulkas on 06.01.2010 at 00:30

Written by MetallicA on 05.01.2010 at 22:35

I used to own a 1986 Jeep Cherokee... That thing ran like shit but I paid only $400 and had it for 1.5 years so I'm not complaining. it broke down only a few times lol! Got my money's worth.

$400 for a Cherokee? Wow. I really envy car prices over there, 'cause here they are much more expensive due to all the taxes and shit like that. Just to compare, I'm looking at a 1988 Cherokee and it costs 12million pesos, which would be equivalent to about 6000US dollars. Get my point now? hehe. And I envy that specially now since we don't have a car... :'(

holy fucking shit! That's alot for a 1988 Cherokee! Yeah, used cars here are pretty cheap...I bought it off my brother who bought it off some dude from a craigslist ad. And since the car was so old, the yearly taxes on it were only $20. yeah and I could probably buy a car that's only 2 years old (from a dealer) for about $10,000 provided I have good credit and the money to make the payments (since I'm pretty broke right now that won't be happening anytime soon lol)

Well, good luck car hunting
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
06.01.2010 - 03:24
tulkas
el parcero
Written by MetallicA on 06.01.2010 at 03:01

holy fucking shit! That's alot for a 1988 Cherokee! Yeah, used cars here are pretty cheap...I bought it off my brother who bought it off some dude from a craigslist ad. And since the car was so old, the yearly taxes on it were only $20. yeah and I could probably buy a car that's only 2 years old (from a dealer) for about $10,000 provided I have good credit and the money to make the payments (since I'm pretty broke right now that won't be happening anytime soon lol)

Well, good luck car hunting

Yeh, buying a car here is a real pain in the ass. If it's new it's more expensive than it should, aside from getting the license plates, insurance, etc etc. And with used cars... a pain in the ass as well. Not only because they're overpriced too, but finding a car in good condition that's over 10 years old is reeeaaally hard.

Thanks! We'll see how it goes.
----
01.04.2010 - 18:14
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I've got a 91 corolla. thats right A 91' COROLLA!!!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.04.2010 - 20:38
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
This BMW GINA is killing me!

----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
12.08.2010 - 17:37
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 09.04.2010 at 20:38

This BMW GINA is killing me!

that looks like a pile of shit!!! it looks like somebody forgot to take the cover off.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.08.2010 - 18:30
Elio
Red Nightmare
Moar like BMW VAGINA tbh
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
12.08.2010 - 21:52
Baz Anderson
Staff
Old car:

New car I am picking up on Monday:

13.08.2010 - 04:18
tulkas
el parcero
Daamn, Baz! Congrats, dude! Really cool car, hope you enjoy it a lot!
----
16.08.2010 - 11:53
Baz Anderson
Staff
Thanks! I drive away in it today... so I'm excited!
16.08.2010 - 12:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 16.08.2010 at 11:53

Thanks! I drive away in it today... so I'm excited!

Nice man, congrats
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2010 - 18:17
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Uh-huh, the British and their Minis !
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
17.08.2010 - 00:23
Baz Anderson
Staff
Well, here they both are.

17.08.2010 - 00:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zombie on 16.08.2010 at 18:17

Uh-huh, the British and their Minis !

Well also Wolksvaggen has simmilar, also french Citroen and Italian FIAT use to made small cars beck in past. But seem,s british still use it nowdays more

Its be pain in ass IMO drive in UK whit those huge american big trucks LOL
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing