Metal Storm logo
Manowar

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 03.06.2006 - 00:23
As I sit here and listen to most likely the greatest band of all time I notice that there isn't a topic for them, so I decided to make one. Manowar are a band that you must love, and if you don't, you're gay. Haha, seriously though. They make some wicked music, though pompous, they deserve to be, I mean, they are the KINGS OF METAL. I do enjoy their upbeat attitude, killer riffing, and Eric Adams god like vocals. Very manly. I would call them Heavy Metal (or moreover, Traditional Metal) than anything, but they do have some Speed and Power Metal tendencies every now and then. Any fans?

And remember kids, while other bands play - Manowar kill.
30.06.2007 - 21:43
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by 4look4rd on 30.06.2007 at 18:10

I'm kinda sad now, but I was searching for some Manowar and Mayhem (to compare them) quotes for about 2 months! And when I finally got some good material, I was about to post it somewhere.... my friends deletes it.... =(

No I was not going to compare their music, but their ignorance =D Its so funny to see how similar both bands are when they talk about "true metal" lol

i don't know about Mayhem.....But wtf? Manowar, alot ov what they say is true, Posers are contaminating the scene [Punk music has the same problem, which is why The Casualties are such a breath ov fresh air for punks] . Manowar are just doing their thing man, they're keeping it real! They live up to what they're all about and they remain loyal to Metal and its principles. Which is why the fans love them so much, because they're a band you can always depend on to be TRUE!
30.06.2007 - 21:48
MadGatsu
Written by [user id=160] on 30.06.2007 at 21:43

I'm kinda sad now, but I was searching for some Manowar and Mayhem (to compare them) quotes for about 2 months! And when I finally got some good material, I was about to post it somewhere.... my friends deletes it.... =(

No I was not going to compare their music, but their ignorance =D Its so funny to see how similar both bands are when they talk about "true metal" lol

i don't know about Mayhem.....But wtf? Manowar, alot ov what they say is true, Posers are contaminating the scene [Punk music has the same problem, which is why The Casualties are such a breath ov fresh air for punks] . Manowar are just doing their thing man, they're keeping it real! They live up to what they're all about and they remain loyal to Metal and its principles. Which is why the fans love them so much, because they're a band you can always depend on to be TRUE!

TRUE or trve? ;P Cuz u aint trve, if u type TRUE lol (sorry for the silly off-topic )
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
30.06.2007 - 23:01
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
lol sorry i meant to say "tr00"
01.07.2007 - 02:52
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by [user id=160] on 30.06.2007 at 21:43

I know, I know! When I said that they are ignorant it was more like a complement! I am also a Manowar fan, but if you read or watch their interviews you'll see how funny it is, but yet it makes so much sence lol and also there are a lot of similarities with Mayhem watch the interview on VH1's "Headbanger Journy" and then compare it to Manowar! its unbelieveble similar
----
01.07.2007 - 03:43
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
oh yeah I found it, the dude is tipsy lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vyl6nfzsHA

and yeah, i now do recall one video for Manowar's "Warriors Of The World United", Eric Adams introduces it as the subtitles come up in Japanese, he says something like "We are true FUCKING metal! blahblahblah"
07.07.2007 - 07:46
Judas
The Amputator
Manowar make house chores Metal. Blasting 'Sign of the Hammer' at maximum volume while vacuuming and ironing actually makes those mundane tasks seem like an epic and glorious battle. Me and Manowar vs creases and dirt...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
07.07.2007 - 16:24
APOHAKC
The Bard
LOL mate, something like that, everything you do listening to metal is like an epic battle, but I mean all things you do lol some battles you win easily and in most of them you look ridiculous, at least in my example
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
20.07.2007 - 19:13
Elodie Artour
Slania
Take a look at this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e-dIGmEiWNQ

MANOWAR PERFORMING BULGARIA'S NATIONAL HYMN!

I must admit I'm impressed.This is such a great honour...

btw,Eric Adams' pronounciation in Bulgarian is very good.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
21.07.2007 - 05:06
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I'm watching the bonus DVD right now that came with Gods Of War

21.07.2007 - 09:27
MadGatsu
i wanna see them performing "The Sons of Odin" Live damnit!!! One of the best songs they made so far imo!!! :'(
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
04.08.2007 - 04:47
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@MadGatsu: I know, "The Sons Of Odin" is an awesome battle song.

But hey, somebody PLEASE answer this question for me, I'm dying to know! If you listen to Manowar's first two albums Battle Hymns (1982) and Into Glory Ride (1983) , they seem to address The Vietnam War in a number ov their songs and it sounds mighty personal in the lyrics so does anyone know if any ov the origional Manowar lineup served their country during the Vietnam War? [obviously they would've been my age at the time lol] . But seriously does anyone know anything about that? Like Joey DeMaio, did he fight in Vietnam
04.08.2007 - 17:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
I really doubt that anyone of them fought in Vietnam war, The Boss was older than you, but I think that he didn't fought in Vietnam war, but rather play in Black Sabbath. Maybe I am wrong, keep searching
----
04.08.2007 - 18:45
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Regardless of wether they fought are didn't fight in the Vietnam War, I find these lyrics kind of childish like "and we believe in napalm" where they implied that they thought burning Viatnemese jungles and killing defenseless civilians and animals with napalm was cool. Anyway I was wondering what are their views on wars. On one hand they have that battle image and on early lyrics they sing about the Vietnam war in positive tones, but on the other hand somebody from Manowar (don't remember who) said in a more recent interview that it's sick that you're not allowed to drink in the U.S. at the age of 18, but on you are allowed to join the army and kill people at that age, and after reading that interview my opinion of Manowar improved significantly. Anyway, wasn't The Boss a Black Sabbath roadie?
04.08.2007 - 20:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
damn, Manowar are ass-kickin band...someone says their music is childish and naive - those heroic pathos - but even if, it is exactly what i love...they rule
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.08.2007 - 23:44
selken
Irreligious
I like Manowar music, its really great. But sometimes they take the True Metal stuff too far.
----
05.08.2007 - 02:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by [user id=23267] on 04.08.2007 at 18:45

Regardless of wether they fought are didn't fight in the Vietnam War, I find these lyrics kind of childish like "and we believe in napalm" where they implied that they thought burning Viatnemese jungles and killing defenseless civilians and animals with napalm was cool. Anyway I was wondering what are their views on wars. On one hand they have that battle image and on early lyrics they sing about the Vietnam war in positive tones, but on the other hand somebody from Manowar (don't remember who) said in a more recent interview that it's sick that you're not allowed to drink in the U.S. at the age of 18, but on you are allowed to join the army and kill people at that age, and after reading that interview my opinion of Manowar improved significantly. Anyway, wasn't The Boss a Black Sabbath roadie?

Yes, he was, that is why I wrote that he had better things to do than to fight in Vietnam in my post
----
05.08.2007 - 02:52
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by [user id=23267] on 04.08.2007 at 18:45

yeah! i too find it fvcking stupid how an 18 year old American can go to war but not drink! Me as a Bahamian can legally drink as I'm 18, I really feel bad for Americans sometimes lol.

I thought it was Joey DeMaio who was the roadie, not so much Ross "The Boss" Or Joey was a Bass Technition, something like that.

05.08.2007 - 02:55
APOHAKC
The Bard
Maybe they both were

Here, you can drink whenever you want, that is not so good though.
----
05.08.2007 - 02:57
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 05.08.2007 at 02:55

Maybe they both were

Here, you can drink whenever you want, that is not so good though.

what is not so good? to drink? what the hell?

anyway i will search Ross "The Boss" on Wikipedia, and if i fidn something, i'll get back to you guys.
05.08.2007 - 02:59
APOHAKC
The Bard
No, it is good to drink, but it is not very nice when you see 15 year old kid in the pub in late hours, drinking beer, and then walking home drunk as pig, while he told his parents he is at his friend watching movies. Yes, I have done that too, and I am sorry now, I think that beer or two before year 17 is ok, but to stay late in pubs and drink 10 beers.. no
----
05.08.2007 - 09:53
Judas
The Amputator
Joey DeMaio was a Black Sabbath roadie, and he met Ross the Boss because Ross was playing in a band that was opening for Sabbath on some tour.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
05.08.2007 - 17:23
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by APOHAKC on 05.08.2007 at 02:59

No, it is good to drink, but it is not very nice when you see 15 year old kid in the pub in late hours, drinking beer, and then walking home drunk as pig, while he told his parents he is at his friend watching movies. Yes, I have done that too, and I am sorry now, I think that beer or two before year 17 is ok, but to stay late in pubs and drink 10 beers.. no

I got your point.It's the same situation in Bulgaria,too.
btw,good to know that you feel sorry now.
----
05.08.2007 - 19:32
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hehehe but if I could go back in time, I would probably do the same, because I am a moron
----
05.08.2007 - 21:11
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by APOHAKC on 05.08.2007 at 19:32

Hehehe but if I could go back in time, I would probably do the same, because I am a moron

I know you.

btw,I don't think any Manowar member has taken part in The Vietnam War. :
----
05.08.2007 - 23:43
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 05.08.2007 at 02:59

ohhh! you met Here meaning Serbia! Well...... I didn't hit my first bar until 5 monthes ago lol.

dude but I think Manowar just believe the age should be lowered [to something like age 16, which is reasonable]
06.08.2007 - 01:41
APOHAKC
The Bard

yeah, 16 is very reasonable, I mean, I will let my kids to drink beer with 16, that is for sure
----
30.08.2007 - 09:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i have listened to all of their albums (or at least hope that i did to all of them ) and made my personal top-list of the best songs, which includes (mixed from all songs throughout their carrier - not in chronological order) :

01 - Gods Made Heavy Metal
02 - Wheels Of Fire
03 - Black Wind, Fire And Steel
04 - Sleipnir
05 - Sons Of Odin
06 - Battle Hymns
07 - Sign Of The Hammer
08 - Kingdom Come
09 - Swords In The Wind
10 - Power Of Thy Sword
11 - Blood Of The Kings
12 - Warriors Of The World
13 - The Crown And The Ring
14 - Right For Freedom
15 - Courage (French Version)
16 - Call To Arms
17 - Hail And Kill
18 - Heart Of Steel
19 - Master Of The Wind
20 - Carry On
21 - Courage

did i missed any other really significant songs you enjoy? because it is possible that i somehow didn´t enjoyed them for the first hear, but if i will listen to them again, i will love them (as Battle Hymns for example )...and i want to have this list bigger than 21 songs - my Nightwish's toplist has 34 songs out of about 68 (except Dark Passion Play tracks)
----

31.08.2007 - 01:48
APOHAKC
The Bard
22 - Return Of The Warlord
23- Gods Made Heavy Metal
24 - Brothers Of Metal
25 - The Power
26 - Gates Of Valhalla
27 - Holy War
28 - Kill With Power
29 - Bridge Of Death
30 - The Spirit Horse Of The Cherokee
31 - Ride The Dragon

----
31.08.2007 - 12:49
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Gods Made Heavy Metal i have right first in my list

but i'm going to check the rest as soon as possible...thx
----

31.08.2007 - 16:07
APOHAKC
The Bard
Check Bridge Of Death especially, one of my very favorite Manowar songs ever!!
----