Metal Storm logo
Australian Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Dark Cornatus, 26.12.2007 - 05:19
This must be the 5th thread now for Aussie stormers? Possibly 6th.

How was everyones xmas?
22.10.2010 - 14:48
Eternal Flames
The last I heard, the next Screamfest was supposed to go ahead for mid January and was going to be held in Melbourne this time. They definitely weren't going to do it again on NYE/NY (which I personally think is a smart move).

But then, Just Say Rock did go through some difficulties earlier in the year with Stryper being postponed and then there was the Paradise Lost tour that was cancelled as well. So perhaps they ran into some financial difficulties causing them to delay Screamfest or cancel it for next year altogether. Shame if that is the case though.
24.10.2010 - 15:08
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Oh really? I hadn't heard that. It would be good for us at least if it did run in Melbourne haha.

Yeah they did seem to be buggering around with the tours they had.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
09.11.2010 - 03:27
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I'd still come down if it were Melbourne (well... if the bands were good). Haven't been down there since i was 14 or so. Just wish i knew when the next one was.
09.11.2010 - 08:55
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Sup everybody, does anyone know which aussie city has the best metalscene (local bands, instrument, gadgets, and apparel stores .. and tours always pass-by) ?
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
11.11.2010 - 13:14
whatsacow
All I can say is stay away from tamworth.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
12.11.2010 - 02:29
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I would say Melbourne first, then Sydney.
12.11.2010 - 17:43
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by whatsacow on 11.11.2010 at 13:14

All I can say is stay away from tamworth.

wise, wise advice

And greetings fellow aussies!
13.02.2011 - 13:03
whatsacow
What is it with all the Alternative and metalcore aussie bands out there? Where is the black, death, doom, thrash and prog? I know its out there. The only really decent Aussie band I've found so far is Ne Obliviscaris. They're pretty good. Like a black prog band...
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
18.02.2011 - 02:03
ß
Problem?
Written by whatsacow on 13.02.2011 at 13:03

What is it with all the Alternative and metalcore aussie bands out there? Where is the black, death, doom, thrash and prog? I know its out there. The only really decent Aussie band I've found so far is Ne Obliviscaris. They're pretty good. Like a black prog band...

I suggest you check out Arkheth and Woods of Desolation.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
14.03.2011 - 08:03
whatsacow
I really really despise this country at the moment. Banning the new mortal kombat game. Wtf?! No matter what your stance, this is a free fucking country and adult citizens should be able to choose their own entertainment! If they banned R rated movies or cd's with explicit content in it there'd be a fucking uproar.
----
22.03.2011 - 17:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by whatsacow on 13.02.2011 at 13:03

as for doom, The Wizar'd, Rituals Of The Oak, Mournful Congregation, Rote Mare, Stone Wings, Abysmal Sorrow, Atolah, Disembowelment, Elysian Blaze, Murkrat, Paramaecium, Pod People, The Slow Death are al Aussie bands I own original cd's and vinyl of.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.03.2011 - 18:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by whatsacow on 14.03.2011 at 08:03

I really really despise this country at the moment. Banning the new mortal kombat game. Wtf?! No matter what your stance, this is a free fucking country and adult citizens should be able to choose their own entertainment! If they banned R rated movies or cd's with explicit content in it there'd be a fucking uproar.

I QUOTE MY OLD POST

Ok here are 
I thought I post here but seems it was in old forum and I wont talk about all bands what I ever had hear because I dont remember all, and I wont talk about black metal because its to underground here in Europe and about bands from MS but also I wont talk about heavy metal and thrash because genre are poor there(I talk about bands from 80ties) but I will talk about DOOM because its so amazing scene there

Ac/Dc - I shood coment them

Ad Infinitum - Its Australian Black Metal band, werry interesting and nice, non satanic and us ekeybords into muisc, ist edeep, atmsofeeric fielings into music

Arcene Necrosis - Also BM whit sympfonic and melodic influencies somehow remainds me lil Arcturus mix whit Emperer

Elegeion - i can not define this genre but its IMO piano based gothic music whit doomy influencies and minimalistic elements and also heavy doom metal alements it depends of song

Elysium (AKA Stone Winds) - One of bigest and best death/doom metal bands whit old school and moelodic touch of music . Thay had a loto f albums and thay are popular in earth not only in Australia, so IMO you shood know them.
I prefere albums of Elysium days because in 2002 thay change name to Stone Wings, thay use clean and half growl male vocals and calm female vocals (Judy from Avrigus does some studio vocals)

Alcemist - Well known band

Virgin Black - Well Know

Disembowelment - I shood coment?

Avrigus - Deepm atmosferic doom metal whit beautifull female an dmale vocals, its well know in underground

Clagg - Its sluge dome from Australia IMO one of best bands in genre and also rearest for higer public

DawnTred - Some kind of doom metal, band has 4 albums, but info are poor and hard find them I know fiew songs and I like them, but dunno how popular thay are in Australia

Decasy Devinity - death/doom from Australia, old school sound, good band but had only demo
Mournful Congregation - One of bigest and well know and same tiem underground funeral doom bands, IMO those who are into genre knows something about them and in doom-metal.com are song

Paramaecium - Same story and IMO best and well know death/doom band after Cryptall Darkness, poetical lyrics, so deep, sometime shard to read em,
IMO ist death/doom rush and doom meyal says this '' All out Doom-metal at its purest and most melancholic. They play super-heavy funeralish doom with growled vocals. There is use of instumentation like flutes, cellos and violins on some albums. Paramaecium is one of the few White-metal (Christian-metal) Doom bands out there. Their album 'Exhumed of the Earth' is an album any Doom-metal fan can enjoy. Truly an under-appreciated band within our genre''
Yes I specaly search that info to post here

Nocturnal - Black/doom but I put it in my wanted list no mp3 no hp only MA

Elysian Blaze - Lil bit remaind me Forgottnen Tomb in covers and depredsion, seems band member are depreded its some kind a funeral doom

Iniquitous - funeral doom and rear and I put it in wanted list

InSomnis Dei - Wanted list but thay had album out this year and I wanna hear it

Long Voyafe Black - Melanholism not music, seems its French band not Australain

Lycantia - Gothic/Atmsoferic doom rear and forgotten band

This Tangled Web - Well know death/doom band from Austarlia its realy great banda n din old home page was demo for free now  blame myspace

Synnove - I hear em in myspace and seems thay coppy Eurpeian gothic and vampire style

Enter Twilight - Its gothic metal, based in piano

Eyefear - wtf thay do in my PC its prog metal just kidding its lil like iromn Maiden and Blaze Baley good one

Funeral Morning - Good funeral doom band from Australia. Its one man band and quate good and sad atmosfere there somehow remainds me lil diferent wesre of The Funeral Orchestra

Mhorgl - One of rear BM bands(ofAusie) what I had

Raven Black Night - Its epic/traditional doom metal lil remainds Candlemass whit Mesiah Marcolin realy vocalist ha ssimmilar voice but band play lil heavyer

Rote Mare - Some kind mix between trad/funeral doom but asome amazing band, realy great

Criptall Darkness(AKA The Eternal) band are in MS s ogo and look to them but it was death/doom band when thay wa splaying whit name Criptall Darkness, then change to gothic/doom and calls The Eternal

Space Raven - Doom metal whiut deep 60tie stouch an lil heavyer sound

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.03.2011 - 15:38
Judas
The Amputator
Anyone want to explain to me what the hell has happened to the site in my extended absence?

P.S. I'm fucking pissed off I missed Finntroll last week, I'm stuck on a rural rotation out in the middle of nowhere (which in Queensland, REALLY means the middle of nowhere), and I had no way of getting to Brisbane for it. Anyone see them elsewhere?
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
28.03.2011 - 15:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Judas on 28.03.2011 at 15:38

Anyone want to explain to me what the hell has happened to the site in my extended absence?

MS v4 arived
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.06.2011 - 09:12
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Somewhere, we discovered life outside of the computer. It still frightens me.
----
15.06.2011 - 08:35
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Is anyone going to see Blind Guardian?
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
16.06.2011 - 05:25
whatsacow
Written by Raiden on 15.06.2011 at 08:35

Yeah I'll go to the sydney one.
----
16.06.2011 - 16:09
Timmeh
Dudeman

I probably would if they were playing in Brisbane...
21.06.2011 - 10:15
Eternal Flames

Definitely going to the Melbourne show. Trying to hopefully get to the Sydney show as well. Nevertheless, hopefully will see you at the Melb one.
03.07.2011 - 16:17
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Yeah I'm seeing them Sydney, would love to meet up with whoever goes to that.

Jodie and I broke up so I'm not sure what she is doing. I'm not sure if she is still coming or not as i did get a ticket for her but it would be weird to be with her there. I think she still wanted to go though, maybe even to the Melbourne one.
03.07.2011 - 18:30
whatsacow
I was going, but seeing as I have no job and no money its a bit more difficult now. Ah well, there'll be future gigs.
----
04.07.2011 - 15:33
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by whatsacow on 03.07.2011 at 18:30

I was going, but seeing as I have no job and no money its a bit more difficult now. Ah well, there'll be future gigs.

Ah ok, that sucks. I missed their first gig in Melbourne 4 years ago, so i don't want to miss them this time around. I think Jodie is still keen to coming to the Sydney show now.
08.07.2011 - 09:22
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Dark Cornatus on 03.07.2011 at 16:17

Yeah I'm seeing them Sydney, would love to meet up with whoever goes to that.

Jodie and I broke up so I'm not sure what she is doing. I'm not sure if she is still coming or not as i did get a ticket for her but it would be weird to be with her there. I think she still wanted to go though, maybe even to the Melbourne one.

Well I still wanna go. Just hope it's ok if I go with you. It's at the end of September so I doubt it would be still weird lol.
13.07.2011 - 01:38
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Seriously, there really isn't many new active Australian Metalstormers is there? It would be nice to meet some more local people for gigs etc. Everyone is so scattered haha.
14.07.2011 - 09:38
Eternal Flames
Yeah there really isn't much activity even from the old Australia metalstormers unfortunately. I personally just don't get as much time these days to browse and reply to forums. And most updates for bands, gigs etc are so much quicker through facebook anyway so it seems everyone just doesn't really bother with forums as much anymore unfortunately.
14.07.2011 - 17:08
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Eternal Flames on 14.07.2011 at 09:38

Yeah there really isn't much activity even from the old Australia metalstormers unfortunately. I personally just don't get as much time these days to browse and reply to forums. And most updates for bands, gigs etc are so much quicker through facebook anyway so it seems everyone just doesn't really bother with forums as much anymore unfortunately.

Yeah i guess you are right. Are you still going to the Sydney Blind Guardian gig Gordana?
19.07.2011 - 11:41
Eternal Flames
Written by Dark Cornatus on 14.07.2011 at 17:08

Written by Eternal Flames on 14.07.2011 at 09:38

Yeah i guess you are right. Are you still going to the Sydney Blind Guardian gig Gordana?

Unfortunately it's looking unlikely I found out I have two uni assessments which require me to be back on campus in Melbourne in Sept/Oct for the day. Of course, the university isn't covering the costs for my travel so it was going to be far to expensive to try get to Sydney during that time as well Especially as I'll be there the week before to go see Soundwave Revolution too.

I did purchase my ticket for the Melbourne show so I will definitely be there for that if you end up going to the Melbourne show as well.
20.07.2011 - 14:00
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Oh ok, nah still just going to the Sydney one.

Does anyone know if any bands are coming out other that those listed here. It just seems such a dry period for metal gigs. Unfortunately i missed seeing some good gigs last year from uni commitments.
31.07.2011 - 13:11
Eternal Flames
It is a pretty dry period for metal gigs for the next few months. There's a few lesser known band coming down like Church of Misery and Alcest and then the major arena gigs like Motley Crew, Def Leppard and Soundwave Revolution. That's about it I think. Being stuck in Canberra this year though, I'm not really fussed about not many international bands coming out. Hardly any come to Canberra anyway and it's costing me a fair bit getting down to Melbourne for some events as it is
01.08.2011 - 03:34
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Eternal Flames on 31.07.2011 at 13:11

It is a pretty dry period for metal gigs for the next few months. There's a few lesser known band coming down like Church of Misery and Alcest and then the major arena gigs like Motley Crew, Def Leppard and Soundwave Revolution. That's about it I think. Being stuck in Canberra this year though, I'm not really fussed about not many international bands coming out. Hardly any come to Canberra anyway and it's costing me a fair bit getting down to Melbourne for some events as it is

Yeah it is. I saw Alcest was coming, but i've only got their EP or demo, so i don't know a lot about them.

I hope some bands get announced over the xmas holidays.