Metal Storm logo
Australian Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Dark Cornatus, 26.12.2007 - 05:19
This must be the 5th thread now for Aussie stormers? Possibly 6th.

How was everyones xmas?
07.11.2013 - 08:20
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Guest on 15.10.2013 at 08:45

Written by Guest on 22.09.2013 at 07:09

for the most part now metal sucks major arse and now I know why I spend more time gaming than with music now cause gaming is way more satisfying :-)

gaming better than music ? never deserved to be on here talking about music anyway.

Can't he do both at once?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
27.01.2014 - 06:07
Desert Father
Happy Australia Day for yesterday!
----
"Truly, my child, if I were allowed to see my sins, three or four men would not be enough to weep
for them." - Abba Dioscorus
27.01.2014 - 07:46
no one
Account deleted
Written by Desert Father on 27.01.2014 at 06:07

Happy Australia Day for yesterday!

what does Australia represent ?
27.01.2014 - 08:22
Desert Father
As in ideologically? I don't know, simply intended it as an innocent message for those who see Au day as important (personally I don't).
----
"Truly, my child, if I were allowed to see my sins, three or four men would not be enough to weep
28.01.2014 - 23:19
Ernis
狼獾
Yes, happy Straya day retroactively...

Written by Guest on 27.01.2014 at 07:46

Vegemite, opals, Pavlova, koala bears, barbie, VB and wine...

I don't really know... What does it represent to you? Or let's reverse it... what does NZ represent?
29.01.2014 - 01:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 28.01.2014 at 23:19

Yes, happy Straya day retroactively...

Written by Guest on 27.01.2014 at 07:46

Vegemite, opals, Pavlova, koala bears, barbie, VB and wine...

I don't really know... What does it represent to you? Or let's reverse it... what does NZ represent?

you're everywhere
also Comancheros Mc australian orgin 1% , also ausie football and rugby and great culutrure before white men came and uniquew nature and wild life
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.01.2014 - 05:46
no one
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 28.01.2014 at 23:19

NZ represents the earths asshole...but we don't have a "newzealand" day. I don't see the point in celebrating a day just for being a country
29.01.2014 - 05:47
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 29.01.2014 at 02:00

Australia has a great culture now. You can be yourself and no-one bothers you. People are for the most part very accepting.

because they moved all the natives inland where no one can see them
29.01.2014 - 08:02
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 29.01.2014 at 07:32

They did no such thing.

A lot of the native population was annihilated primarily due to European diseases and alcholism. The Tasmanian ones were wiped out completely (there was only 4000-5000 to start with) with the last one dying in about 1870s. In fact general Australian aboriginal population was quite small.

The rest were treated like crap until about 1967-ish when they got the vote (remember USA had borderline apartheid in some states during this time).

A lot had "integrated" into Australian society by the late 19th century, albeit at the fringes. Some did survive in traditional lifestyles with no contacts with whites until the 1970s.

These days there are two types of Australian aboriginal:

1. Loser whites who claim Aboriginality to get all the benefits of being an Aboriginal - social welfare, housing. cheap loans and other bullshit affirmative action benefits.

Nearly all the "Aboriginals" I've met have been loser whites who are whiter than me and often with pale skin, blue eyes and blond hair. They're invariably unemployed pot smoking wasters with varying levels of criminality.

2. Real aboriginals who live in varying living standards - some have successfully integrated into Western society whilst others live in 3rd world squalor.

They live in squalor due to a number of factors:

- Rampant alcoholism and substance abuse (e.g. sniffing petrol).

- Massive social welfare dependency. This is affecting many mainstream Australians as well and from what I've read Europe as well.

- Failed integration into mainstream society due to lack of cultural compatibility. Basically try imposing a modern lifestyle on a nomadic hunter gatherer family based society.

I've only ever met 1 real Aboriginal (i.e. black skin and aboriginal features) - a very nice old lady who was my neighbour.

My inlaws and my best friend have a lot of experience in the Northern Territory including working in some of the most isolated parts of the country. By isolated I mean you build your own road through the bush and other than Aboriginal townships there are no towns for hundreds of miles.

The stories they tell are pretty amazing.

Also don't your Maoris have some of the problems I've listed above (albveit they were far more advanced than Aboriginals)?

Once Were Warriors tells the modern Maori story very well. I actually related to it cause it was similar to where I grew up.

Maoris were similar but i work with Maoris, there on tv, there leading politicians, there's maori tv channels and there friends etc etc.... Good luck seeing an aboriginal on Home and Away, out of all the places i went to in oz i think i only saw a couple.

Yeah my father in law is a nurse over there who does 2 or 3 monthly intervals in those fucked up third world towns. So many horrible stories, no cars because they will steel ya good sniffing petrol.
I think all these people should be put in medical care or something, instead of living in a towns which sounds basically like a minimum security prison
29.01.2014 - 11:26
Desert Father
Deadone, you should meet my brother. He has made the same observations after going to the NT to work with the locals. It's difficult to fathom that many people in Australia still live in what we consider 'third world' conditions, he compared it to the conditions in Cambodia (where I am currently working).

I didn't mean to cause offense to anyone, as I said I personally wouldn't have lifted a finger in celebration of Au day were it not for the fact that this year I am overseas. I do however subscribe to the view that Australia as it is now is 'allowed' to celebrate its good points as a modern, multicultural country. It is I think assumed that 'celebration' does not include either jingoism or black armband mourning.
----
29.01.2014 - 19:36
no one
Account deleted
^ i don't even know how you offended anyone

i wish we had a mass amount of land so we could shift off all the maoris poverty to towns far away , then we could celebrate a "new zealand day" all about our modern, multicultural country (except for Maoris)
30.01.2014 - 11:29
Desert Father
^ Seconded!
----
02.02.2014 - 19:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hi guys,
anybody here have experience with pursuing a PhD in Australia? I've been looking into it, but things seem very... expensive. And maybe someone can tell me what universities in Australia are regarded as the best? please quote me, cause i don't visit the forum that regularly anymore.
cheers!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.02.2014 - 20:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 02.02.2014 at 19:47

Hi guys,
anybody here have experience with pursuing a PhD in Australia? I've been looking into it, but things seem very... expensive. And maybe someone can tell me what universities in Australia are regarded as the best? please quote me, cause i don't visit the forum that regularly anymore.
cheers!

may I aks why Ausie, Ned has good unies, why you need go so far
----

apos;'
[image]
03.02.2014 - 07:49
no one
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 02.02.2014 at 20:10

Hi guys,
cheers!

might have something to do with the tropical weather and super hot chicks in bikinis everywhere
03.02.2014 - 17:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Deadone, thanks for the input. Of course I'm using stuff like google for 'the facts', but I appreciate input from personal opinions too, which are a bit harder to find on google. thanks for your extensive post!

yeah, i know australia is expensive. i've traveled through australia last year, visiting Sydney (including kings cross, just checking it out ), cairns - brisbane. i know its expensive, but from what most people told me your wages are a bit higher on average too. though i'm not sure if that's for every profession. (im an hr/business administration student). i never heard of your education system being so bad.

bad english / no one, i'm interested in australia because i love the weather and the country. i'm also considering further education in the usa, perhaps canada or maybe even china.

deadone, thanks again for your input
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.02.2014 - 17:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 03.02.2014 at 07:49

Written by Bad English on 02.02.2014 at 20:10

Hi guys,
cheers!

might have something to do with the tropical weather and super hot chicks in bikinis everywhere

yes in the Alis Springs +44¤C miidle of desert
----

apos;'
[image]
03.02.2014 - 19:34
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 03.02.2014 at 12:06

Super hot chicks in bikinis everywhere?

In my part of Oz it's more like super sized mumu wearing behemoths. Those Sea Shepherd fellas aren't protecting whales, they're protecting obese Aussie shielas from Japanese whalers who have confused them for whales.

You gotta go to the Gold Coast in Queensland for the bikini wearing babes. There's also a few in Sydney in a place called Kings Cross. They come with...an extra shriveled up appendage between their legs?!?

Ok then, all Australia has amazingly hot chicks, apart from Tazmainia.
Yeah i went to kings cross for a visit but had my wife to be with me, so wasn't as fun as it could have been
03.02.2014 - 19:35
no one
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 03.02.2014 at 17:14

yes in the Alis Springs +44¤C miidle of desert

even on the coast this summer my brother reckons
04.02.2014 - 01:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Lucas on 03.02.2014 at 17:09
canada

From what I know of immigrants coming here for education, our government pretty much hooks you up. An American friend of mine coming from Arkansas was given 30k for a 3k education. Might be something there about a student visa though, not 100% on his details.

What course are you looking to take? Depending on your interests, we have some fairly prestigious schools. Here's a list man: http://www.topuniversities.com/where-to-study/north-america/canada/top-universities-canada-province-20132014

As you can see, some high-ranking schools:

University of Toronto (17th in the world; 1st in Canada).
McGill University (21st in the world; 2nd in Canada).
University of British Columbia (49th in the world; 3rd in Canada).
Université de Montréal (92nd in the world; 4th in Canada).
University of Alberta (96th in the world; 5th in Canada).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.02.2014 - 01:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.02.2014 at 01:06

canada

From what I know of immigrants coming here for education, our government pretty much hooks you up. An American friend of mine coming from Arkansas was given 30k for a 3k education. Might be something there about a student visa though, not 100% on his details.

What course are you looking to take? Depending on your interests, we have some fairly prestigious schools. Here's a list man: http://www.topuniversities.com/where-to-study/north-america/canada/top-universities-canada-province-20132014

does EU need visa for Canada an d as far I have heard in canada is easier to enter then in USA
----

apos;'
[image]
05.02.2014 - 21:38
FOOCK Nam
Canada and Australia are defenitely destination for journey of immigration.. Recently i research about Oz and want to be miner there, though got up on news of one vietnamese beaten by nazis,..shit scare me up.. Though i think i would dig deeper info source to sort out best place to move to in Oz, cuz best thing for me is working, i can study but i have only 5 to 10 grands, so better working rather than study in college of Oz for my case, you can only work 20 hrs a week if you are student.. I hope miner job spot doesnt have much racist nazi etc.. I like that muscle jobs, or else i must do easier labor job, all good but muscle more man job, well oz nz ca are all good place, i like the feeling of living in a town among blondie, ppl like the movie Good Neighbor, etc i dont care about nazi if they go to me i would say japan is alliance of third reich etc lol, i understand the psychology of western mostly, if you are good to them they are good to you,.. Respect give and get blah.. so its true ? .. Anyway i dont know much of fitness scene in Oz Nz Ca, do guys work out like monster like america ? England seems does not much working out, i seen england gangster film not much tough bodybuilders there, usa guys most have six pack... aaanyway could one give me any site guiding workout like rugby players ? I cant find it googly, want having such shape..
05.02.2014 - 21:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by FOOCK Nam on 05.02.2014 at 21:38
usa guys most have six pack...

Most guys in the US have a protruding gut, not a six pack. Mexico, the US, and Great Britain all have massive issues with obesity. Canada's obesity rate is steadily ascending as well and we'll likely join the top five in the world very soon. Australia and New Zealand also have incredibly high obesity rates... it's pretty much a rising concern everywhere.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.02.2014 - 22:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.02.2014 at 01:06

canada

that sounds awesome thanks. would solve some of my soon-to-arrive financial problems
----

05.02.2014 - 22:15
FOOCK Nam
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.02.2014 at 21:49

Written by FOOCK Nam on 05.02.2014 at 21:38
usa guys most have six pack...

Most guys in the US have a protruding gut, not a six pack. Mexico, the US, and Great Britain all have massive issues with obesity. Canada's obesity rate is steadily ascending as well and we'll likely join the top five in the world very soon. Australia and New Zealand also have incredibly high obesity rates... it's pretty much a rising concern everywhere.

Wohhh, yeah i do hear the same though i saw usa having huge scene of workout, all media all about six pack muscle etc.. Maybe the more obesity the more ppl marketing workout.. weird thing is i like being overweights, it makes me big and huge, and i love western foods kfc kentucky, macdonal, hamburger, etc, lots of meat, at least you can be proud of your gene by foods and weathers and development that make you bigger size than asian yellow generally.. One thing ive seen in chinese dudes is that most young chinese guys who dont have a six pack but also dont have a big grease belly either, one american haitian asked me, i think it is because chinese drink tea alots, almost everyday... I think drinking tea (not the caffeine one) the herbal tea can make you lost weights and grease..
06.02.2014 - 20:35
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Bad English on 04.02.2014 at 01:30

does EU need visa for Canada an d as far I have heard in canada is easier to enter then in USA

As far as I know, if you're a citizen of a Schengen area member state, you don't need a visa for Canada (if you manage to book a direct flight from the EU to Canada, mind you...) but that's applicable if you're visiting the country as a tourist (up to 180 days)... a prearranged visa will be required if you're planning to work or study there... And if you're flying via the US, you still need a transit visa (or ESTA) for the US... there is no possible way of transiting through this country without any prearranged permit... plus you'll most probably clear the bags as well... other than that... yes, Canada is indeed easier to enter than the US...

Written by deadone on 03.02.2014 at 00:01

So while Australia is a great country, I would not want to study here if I had a choice. You'll pay a crap load of cash for a second rate education.

Just my $0.02.

I met a girl who had been working for a year in the UK to have some savings in order to study in Australia... oh... I asked her whether she truly didn't find any other place to study or if she just had too much money...
I actually considered doing my master's degree in Australia but there's no way this is possible if you have a passport of a country where a shop assistant is lucky to earn around 450 AUD a month... I completely understand my grandmother when she says that my great-grandmother doomed herself and her kids by moving from Sydney to up here...
If possible, I'd like to study in Germany... perhaps if I obtained a good qualification, I could hope to get a residence permit one day... time will tell... All I know is that in Australia studies are expensive for citizens, even more expensive for internationals plus a student visa is needed which allows part-time work only and who would hire a student for a part-time job anyway (which will be pointless in the first place as it won't cover the expenses)...
07.02.2014 - 11:21
Ernis
狼獾
Written by deadone on 07.02.2014 at 02:54

Moving from Sydney is actually a good thing. Place is a hole.

Now Melbourne is an example of fine Australian living. Lots of interesting architecture, culture and arts and a great music scene, especially if you like pub rock. People are much nicer too!

Thanks for the advice. For the time being I just hope I can continue with the studies. Time will tell what comes after that... that includes the place to live...
08.02.2014 - 05:38
FOOCK Nam
Lots of vnese in. Monash university, i recommend Ausaid organization, they have funds and provide colleges scholarship for students...
14.02.2014 - 06:16
no one
Account deleted
This is the people you come across in Australian train stations...i'm serious

18.02.2014 - 00:14
Ernis
狼獾
Reminded me of that one place in my town (the main shopping centre and the bus terminal under and in front of it) where it's better not to light a cigarette unless you're ready to distribute half of the contents of your pack to people not unlike the characters of the video above...

Well... once a bloke who was standing behind me in the line in a grocery store started commenting on what was inside my shopping basket (Oh fuck! You're buying pancakes... yer wife can't make any or what?!)... I was appalled because I had just moved back to Estonia from Italy where anything like that would have been out of the question... And here I am, thinking of moving to Australia one day... because people are so much more educated and well-mannered there...