Other
Linkin Park
Mudvayne
Limp Bizkit
Drowning Pool

Total votes: 250
18.01.2008 - 17:38
Olli
Like all genres, Nu Metal has good bands and it has (more) shit bands. This poll is here to show what Nu Metal band(s) the users of metalstorm like!
Personally I prefer Korn because I'm still not bored of them and they are still putting out albums with very different styles. Most of the other bands become boring quite fast.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
18.01.2008 - 21:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ehh thay are sucks, I dont listening tahm and I had seen such poll somwhere
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.01.2008 - 22:20
Olli
Written by Bad English on 18.01.2008 at 21:12

I guess that's a "I'm a Tr00 poser so I want to look cool". Anyway I searched and I didn't find a poll like this.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
18.01.2008 - 22:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Olli on 18.01.2008 at 22:20

I guess that's a "I'm a Tr00 poser so I want to look cool". Anyway I searched and I didn't find a poll like this.

Sorry maybe it was in old forum or simmilar but here was 'Nu metal bandss what you like' and from Nu metal I dont like non of tham
----

apos;'
[image]
18.01.2008 - 22:27
Olli
Written by Bad English on 18.01.2008 at 22:23

Written by Olli on 18.01.2008 at 22:20

Sorry maybe it was in old forum or simmilar but here was 'Nu metal bandss what you like' and from Nu metal I dont like non of tham

Yeah there is a thread like that in alt. section but I thought it would be intresting to see it statistically, it also allows people to vote who don't want to admit to liking nu This isn't just about what ones you like it's about the BEST band in the Nu Metal genre.
And fair enough your welcome to your opinion, but some Nu Metal bands are fun for something different. It's just a matter of wading through the shitty bands to be honest..
----
18.01.2008 - 22:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok I like Sytem of a Down because those guys are pure armanians
----

apos;'
[image]
18.01.2008 - 22:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i voted for System Of The Down, because they seem to be to be least "commercial" out of those and play relatively good music...but i dont like nu-metal genre at all
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.01.2008 - 23:01
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I'll vote for Mudvayne because L.D. 50 was amazing and The End Of All Things To Come was good, too. If more nu-metal sounded like those albums, it would probably not be so hated among metalheads. I do have to point out that "Lost and Found" is the biggest piece of shit I have ever heard, almost made me change my vote.

System Of A Down would be my second choice.

Basically, it was a difficult decision because of my indifference to these bands today. They all have some songs I will listen to, but overall they are too inconsistent.

It would be easier for me to vote on my favorite nu-metal album...
19.01.2008 - 00:53
Bulletdodger
S.O.A.D. is one of my favourite bands (although they are Nu) , they have really great songs.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
19.01.2008 - 01:20
RhysTerk
Think i'll vote Slipknot, but S.O.A.D. and Korn are also quite good
19.01.2008 - 01:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Voted for Korn
Mostly because of the first albums... they are very good.
But after.. meeeh.. average.
But for me. Korn is the best in the genre.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.01.2008 - 14:49
Olli
Written by Ellrohir on 18.01.2008 at 22:52

i voted for System Of The Down, because they seem to be to be least "commercial" out of those and play relatively good music...but i dont like nu-metal genre at all

Yeah I can agree with you that they are probably the least commericially orientated band, I ddint vote for them because on the newer album the backing singer (dont know his name) sings way to much and his voice annoys me
----
19.01.2008 - 15:20
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Olli on 19.01.2008 at 14:49
the backing singer (dont know his name)
Daron, the guitarist, yeah I don't like his singing too much either.

My favourite band on that list is System but I won't vote cos I don't consider them a nü band. Next in line would probably be Limp Bizkit, but it's hard to say... I've only heard a minority of the albums represented in this poll.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
19.01.2008 - 19:28
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I went with "Other". My personal think that Static-X is the best Nu-Metal band. Wisconsin Death Trip and Shadow Zone are both fantastic albums, and unlike many of the other Nu-Metal bands, they are still around putting out some great music.
----
(space for rent)
19.01.2008 - 19:32
Sunioj
From this list, Mudvayne, Im in love with their bassist and technical style. LD 50 is a masterpiece.
19.01.2008 - 21:30
Olli
Written by Dane Train on 19.01.2008 at 19:28

I went with "Other". My personal think that Static-X is the best Nu-Metal band. Wisconsin Death Trip and Shadow Zone are both fantastic albums, and unlike many of the other Nu-Metal bands, they are still around putting out some great music.

I never really thought of them as nu, they sound industrial to me? I quite like them tho
----
19.01.2008 - 21:52
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Olli on 19.01.2008 at 21:30

I never really thought of them as nu, they sound industrial to me? I quite like them tho

They are a combination of Nu and Industrial.
----
(space for rent)
22.01.2008 - 23:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Slipknot all the way. They have the nerdy, the rage, the live sound, the masks
Mudvayne kicks ass too, but I prefer SlipKnot.

What does people see in System of a Down?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
23.01.2008 - 00:15
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Definately Linkin Park. Korn and Slipknot didn't do anything for me. Other than Linkin Park I only think that I could go with Breaking Benjamin. I don't listen to either bands anymore though.
----
THRASH!!!
23.01.2008 - 00:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Olli on 19.01.2008 at 14:49

Written by Ellrohir on 18.01.2008 at 22:52

Yeah I can agree with you that they are probably the least commericially orientated band, I ddint vote for them because on the newer album the backing singer (dont know his name) sings way to much and his voice annoys me

Are you people going insane? SOAD has to be one of the most commercially mainstream bands up there! Im still seeing there videos played on MTV and MuchMusic quite a bit, I cant say Ive ever come across a Slipknot video. Sure they aren't as commercially oriented as say Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park, but surely you can't tell me there less commercially oriented than most of the other bands up there.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.01.2008 - 02:30
selken
Irreligious
I voted for korn cause SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS NOT NU!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
23.01.2008 - 11:42
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i voted for system because they are really the only band from the list i quite enjoy...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
23.01.2008 - 21:58
IllNiñoSweden
I vote for Slipknot because they have very good guitars in the songs.
But other NU metal band: Ill Niño, They are best!!
23.01.2008 - 23:19
Olli
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 23.01.2008 at 21:58

I vote for Slipknot because they have very good guitars in the songs.
But other NU metal band Ill Niño, They are best!!

There was an "other" option But yeah i agree with you Slipknot do have some good riffs here and there.
----
26.01.2008 - 06:24
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
well.. i have to confess that nu metal is the perfect simply and hollow sound to listen in the car, or when you're in a party or something, resuming.. to hear with a ''dead brain'' (cérebro em ponto morto) as i say here in Brazil hehe
I don't mean that is bad, god no!! In fact.. to enter the metal scene, a person has to start with something, nobody born listening to black metal, and i start with nu metal. Bands like SOAD and Slipknot are very special to me, they show me the way to the metal.. to the light ohhhhhh xD
I think im gonna vote slipknot... its my favorite after all.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
28.01.2008 - 18:00
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
System Of A Down is not Nu... Is the least commercial, they say... lol.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.01.2008 - 20:49
Abattoir
Staff
Sometimes, but rarely a I listen to some songs of Linkin Park. But generally I am not realy interested in this kind of music...
31.01.2008 - 16:04
In Chaos
i normaly don't listen to nu metal but i like some nu metal bands thou. like Slipknot and Korn. currently i don't like any other nu metal bands.
31.01.2008 - 21:39
Damnated
Churchburner
I used to be a BIG limp bizkit fanboy when i was 12 or so. i also enjoyed Korn, but i stopped there with nu metal. nowadays i consider limp bizkit to be crap but i still enjoy, to some extent, Korn. i still think they're very original, or at least they were. i dunno how they sound like these days as i haven't checked out their post-Untouchables works. anyways, my vote goes for Korn .
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
01.02.2008 - 21:52
Ascalon
WTF it's Nu Metal ??!!! ... I hear it everywhre and for me there you have really different bands, quite dificult to see them like a unique style, let me guess, you call Nu Metal to anything a little bit commercial and difficult to classify ?
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)