Metal Storm logo
Opeth

Original post

Posted by addiction, 22.04.2008 - 13:06
the last opeth thread reached the max of 500 posts....so this is the new one...:)
i've never started a topic before in about 4 years...but this is a good chance...:)
Opeth is a fantastic band, probably my favourite. i more or less like all their albums but i think i like blackwater park slightly more than the rest, maybe because it is the first one i ever listened to.
i am looking forwards to the new album and to see them live on the defenders of the faith tour in london in a few days!!!
anyway, you know the drill...discuss away....
07.05.2008 - 17:06
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Rimfrost on 07.05.2008 at 16:20

Dessutom såg jag några på Sound Pollution i Stockholm om du bor där eller har vägarna förbi.

Hehe, I do... it's mine then!
----
07.05.2008 - 17:45
RhysTerk
Kinda good band, but i have a hard time getting into them, only have Ghost Reveries.
07.05.2008 - 18:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

I think they have them at plastichead.com.
Dessutom såg jag några på Sound Pollution i Stockholm om du bor där eller har vägarna förbi.

I saw it.. and didn't like it.. I just want the flower on the front.. and in the back the Opeth logo
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.05.2008 - 15:42
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.05.2008 at 18:08

I saw it.. and didn't like it.. I just want the flower on the front.. and in the back the Opeth logo

If you get the shirt with the orchid flower send it to me too! I want it!
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
08.05.2008 - 15:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by BloodTears on 08.05.2008 at 15:42

Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.05.2008 at 18:08

If you get the shirt with the orchid flower send it to me too! I want it!

With pleasure ... That t-shirt would look so elegant.
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.05.2008 - 22:03
addiction
this is my 200th post....:) and i wanted it to be in the opeth thread....it almost took me 4 years for this...hehehe better late than never....:)
btw that t-shirt you people are talking about sounds very cool! i would be interested in it as well....good thing is we all live in different countries...;)
----
alive in the superunknown
09.05.2008 - 00:51
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
wow watershed is good!

crap post but just wanted to share
14.05.2008 - 23:54
Varegan
Hamranakara
I listened to last album "watershed".that was truly another masterpiece.there is also blues influence in some songs.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
16.05.2008 - 05:10
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Watershed is simply amazing. I love every song. By far the best album of 2008 so far. It seems they weren't hurt too badly by the loss of Lindgren.
19.05.2008 - 22:38
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
I head they have a new album coming this summer...

I heard the last two seconds (honestly) of a song called Heir Apparent...

any news or anything?
19.05.2008 - 23:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.05.2008 at 22:38

any news or anything?

loook ate band profile there all about band all news what are in site

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=13&bandname=Opeth
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.05.2008 - 10:48
TheBigRossowski
Written by RhysTerk on 07.05.2008 at 17:45

Kinda good band, but i have a hard time getting into them, only have Ghost Reveries.

KINDA good band?! The reason you have a hard time getting into them is because you ONLY have G.R.. You should check out My Arms, Your Hearse and tell us how you feel then, or Still Life.

Though I'm more into black metal these days, I began my journey into metal with the help of Opeth. They manage to create something different each time! Ghost Reveries was...ehhh..okay. That's one thing that bothers me, Mike's getting a bit too comfortable with his clear vocals. At least on GR there is practically more clear vocals than Death vocals.

I have high hopes for Watershed, I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm sure they'll do something a bit better than GR. Well, at least I've heard Porcelain Heart and Lotus Eater. Porcelain Heart is actually pretty good! Its dark in its own way.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
21.05.2008 - 17:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by TheBigRossowski on 21.05.2008 at 10:48

KINDA good band?! The reason you have a hard time getting into them is because you ONLY have G.R.. You should check out My Arms, Your Hearse and tell us how you feel then, or Still Life.

Though I'm more into black metal these days, I began my journey into metal with the help of Opeth. They manage to create something different each time! Ghost Reveries was...ehhh..okay. That's one thing that bothers me, Mike's getting a bit too comfortable with his clear vocals. At least on GR there is practically more clear vocals than Death vocals.

I have high hopes for Watershed, I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm sure they'll do something a bit better than GR. Well, at least I've heard Porcelain Heart and Lotus Eater. Porcelain Heart is actually pretty good! Its dark in its own way.

FINALLY!!! I'm not alone in this horrible world.
I also think that GR is very overrated... and the wost [or better said.. least good] by the band. But the clean vocals doesn't bother me, but the keyboards... they sound horrible sometimes...
----
Rod, let me love you.
21.05.2008 - 23:01
Metal_Militia
//I think his clean vocals are freaking beautiful. Benighted, the stuff off damnation, and Credence are all good regarding the clean vocals. like you guys said, Ghost Reveries was ok, but i really do think that Reverie/Harlequin Forest was a masterpiece. Perfect blend of vocal ranges and the music is awesome too//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

22.05.2008 - 00:09
ß
Problem?
Reverie/Harlequin Forest was boring imo.. Ghost Reveries just seemed kind of empty and lacking.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
22.05.2008 - 00:44
Freezer
I have only seen the video for what I think is the single, kind of appreciated it, but where's growl gone?
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
22.05.2008 - 01:51
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
ghost reveries was def not their greatest work, but a few songs were pretty good imo
22.05.2008 - 02:53
Metal_Militia
Written by ß on 22.05.2008 at 00:09

Reverie/Harlequin Forest was boring imo.. Ghost Reveries just seemed kind of empty and lacking.

//Yeah i can see to a lot of opeth fans how ghost reveries could seem like that man...But Harlequin Forest being boring?? Give it a little love dude . That song kicked!. Speaking of opeth and clean vocals...does anyone know if there are any somewhat clean vocals on the album Orchid? I own it and have given it a listen or two but i just cant seem to remember if there are any //
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

25.05.2008 - 19:03
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Saw them on friday, great show, Mikael is a hilarious frontman.
They played the following :

-Demon of the fall
-Masters Apprentice
-The baying of the hounds
-In my Time of Need
-Serenity Painted Death
-To Rid the Disease
-Wreath
-Heir Apparent
-The Drapery Falls
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
25.05.2008 - 19:58
TheBigRossowski
Written by Metal_Militia on 22.05.2008 at 02:53

//Yeah i can see to a lot of opeth fans how ghost reveries could seem like that man...But Harlequin Forest being boring?? Give it a little love dude . That song kicked!. Speaking of opeth and clean vocals...does anyone know if there are any somewhat clean vocals on the album Orchid? I own it and have given it a listen or two but i just cant seem to remember if there are any //

You just gotta sit down and give it another listen then!

"Under the Weeping Moon" is one I can think of m/, come on man, get it together!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
25.05.2008 - 20:55
Metal_Militia
Written by TheBigRossowski on 25.05.2008 at 19:58

Written by Metal_Militia on 22.05.2008 at 02:53

You just gotta sit down and give it another listen then!

"Under the Weeping Moon" is one I can think of m/, come on man, get it together!

//Lol ok man...I remember that In The Mist She was Standing was my jam //
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

26.05.2008 - 03:19
D000M
Account deleted
I think their last album is good enough to buy it, I like it
26.05.2008 - 03:23
Soliloquy
i saw em last night...got beat up, and didnt really enjoy the show all too much as a result...

their opening band, three, were phenomenal though! if you havent seen em live, WATCH EM!!!
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
26.05.2008 - 20:07
DummFeind
Account deleted
I saw them last Wednesday at Terminal 5. They were fantastic. Watershed is an amazing album, especially The Lotus Eater, which is my favorite track off it.
27.05.2008 - 01:46
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I keep hearing people make connections every now and then between Opeth and Christianity, WHY?

Are some of the members Christian?
28.05.2008 - 19:13
MetalSpider
I missed them in concert just a few days ago.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
29.05.2008 - 01:07
ß
Problem?
@ Lowelas the members of Opeth said that their all atheists. Im not sure about Between The Buried And Me.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
29.05.2008 - 23:56
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by ß on 29.05.2008 at 01:07

@ Lowelas the members of Opeth said that their all atheists. Im not sure about Between The Buried And Me.

I heard that some of the members were. There is very strong Christian imagery in many of their songs.
----
(space for rent)
03.06.2008 - 01:43
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I definitely like the new Opeth album better than Ghost Reveries, but, it's still not interesting enough for me to praise it fully. There are just too many over-indulgent parts that take away from the album to keep my interest throughout it. However, I think the band has found a new sense of energy, which is at least a positive.

But to be honest, the direction the band has taken over the past few releases, even if I thought they were masterpieces, just is not my preference...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
03.06.2008 - 02:33
DorianGray
I do like the new album but my favorite is Still Life

just bought the remastered 5.1 surround edition of it ..

and then if you are alone at home :

light some candles
put on that cd
grab a bottle of good scottisch whisky
and .. get sucked into the album
----
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, with desire for what its monstrous laws have made monstrous and unlawful."