Metal Storm logo
The Best Female Voices In Metal!

Original post

Posted by Herzebeth, 03.06.2008 - 18:37
Well Lately I've been looking for some bands with awesome and beautiful female vocals I've been dealing with bands like Epica, Within Temptation, diablo Swing Orchestra, After Forever and (my favorite) Leave's Eyes...

So, I'm looking for voices lined towards Sara Brightman you know? angelic voices with a very sweet tone and style....please don't recommend stuff lined towards Diamanda Galas or that shemale Angela Gossow

STILL!!! If you have something alternative...(not metal)...stuff like The Sundays, Veruca Salt, The Birthday Massacre or whatever you want please recommend, I'm willing to try everything with a sweet melodious voice.

THANKS!

oh...and (to give something to this topic) I recommend all the bands I posted lol.
16.06.2008 - 22:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Gordon Freeman on 16.06.2008 at 22:30

Written by Evican on 14.06.2008 at 15:23

My top three would be:

Floor Jansen
Simone Simons
Tarja Turunen

possibly a three-way

If I join it will be a four-way
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.06.2008 - 22:47
Gordon Freeman
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.06.2008 at 22:41

My top three would be:

Floor Jansen
Simone Simons
Tarja Turunen

possibly a three-way

It might be the best way to determine which is the best female voice in metal...

...okay, Marcel. Just make sure you write us a review...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
16.06.2008 - 23:23
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
4 me best female vocals are Tarja Turunen, Simone Simons, Sharon Den Adel, Vibeke (ex-Tristania) , Katrina-Ljilja (Therion), Cristina Scabia.
16.06.2008 - 23:59
albatros
Annlouice Lögdlund from Diablo Swing Orchestra deserves also to be mentioned with the best.

@ Madame, nice list
17.06.2008 - 14:00
Evican
Ann O'War

My top three would be:

Floor Jansen
Simone Simons
Tarja Turunen

possibly a three-way

Haha, good call.

Not sure if I'd want the report though, only if Kate Beckinsale was involved.
17.06.2008 - 19:35
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy

My top three would be:

Floor Jansen
Simone Simons
Tarja Turunen

possibly a three-way

ahaha, keep on dreaming! lol
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
19.06.2008 - 18:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
My favorite is Liv Kristine...
I think that all the female vocals are overrated, even Liv herself... I don't get so many feelings from them.

But Liv was some kind of different, I really feel pasion from her voice in the TOT's cds. and she and Raimond did the best duo I'd ever heard in my fucking live.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.06.2008 - 18:40
CaTaSTropHe
Account deleted
Annlouice Lögdlund-from Diablo Swing Orchestra (DSO)
but everybody are saying same familiar vokalist,of course topic is ''best'' but there are many female and we can introduce them especially from our countries

example:from my country Sinem Deger from Let It FloW band ex-clean vokal

http://www.myspace.com/letitflownet

listen these songs especially ''Stuck'',''Deadly Silence''
22.06.2008 - 18:40
Uller
Written by albatros on 16.06.2008 at 23:59

Annlouice Lögdlund from Diablo Swing Orchestra deserves also to be mentioned with the best.

@ Madame, nice list

Yes, im agree with you, but i think that tarja(nightwish old) and Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy) should have the first place.
----
22.06.2008 - 23:23
OneWithMisery
Written by Uller on 22.06.2008 at 18:40

@ Madame, nice list

Yes, im agree with you, but i think that tarja(nightwish old) and Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy) should have the first place.

I believe that the post specificly says NO to Angela Gossow...
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
23.06.2008 - 18:37
The Sleeper
My personal top 10

1) Tarja Turunen (ofc?)
2) Sharon den Adel
3) Simone Simons
4) Liv Kristine
5) Vibeke Stene
6) Lisa Middelhauve
7) Cristina Scabbia
8) Sabine Edelsbacher
9) Anette Olzon
10) Anneke van Giesbergen
----
"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."
Bohdi - Point Break, 1991
23.06.2008 - 20:23
albatros
Alena Gornyh did a fantastic job on Vicious Crusade's Forbidden Tunes CD, which I think appeared in 2002 and is fairly hard to obtain these days. Crystal clear, powerful and precise voice. The music is Heavy Metal with folk influences and highly recommendable.
24.06.2008 - 04:12
Uller
Written by OneWithMisery on 22.06.2008 at 23:23

@ Madame, nice list

Ahem.... The post says YES to Angela Gossow, she is awesome, she sings better than many other male singers in death metal
----
24.06.2008 - 13:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Uller on 24.06.2008 at 04:12

@ Madame, nice list

Ahem.... The post says YES to Angela Gossow, she is awesome, she sings better than many other male singers in death metal

Herz's first post says NO to Angela "most overrated female grunter ever" Gossow. Btw she might sing better than many male death metal vocalists but what a shame she doesn't sing in a death metal band

But read the following quote from his first post...

Quote:
So, I'm looking for voices lined towards Sara Brightman you know? angelic voices with a very sweet tone and style....please don't recommend stuff lined towards Diamanda Galas or that shemale Angela Gossow.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.06.2008 - 17:11
OneWithMisery

@ Madame, nice list

My bad here, I forgot to say that it's Herzebeth's first post that says no to AG.
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
24.06.2008 - 23:55
Uller
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.06.2008 at 13:40

@ Madame, nice list

Herz's first post says NO to Angela "most overrated female grunter ever" Gossow. Btw she might sing better than many male death metal vocalists but what a shame she doesn't sing in a death metal band

But read the following quote from his first post...

Quote:
So, I'm looking for voices lined towards Sara Brightman you know? angelic voices with a very sweet tone and style....please don't recommend stuff lined towards Diamanda Galas or that shemale Angela Gossow.

Duhh my bad i didn reead that ... anyway i like the voice of angela gossow, and i like the MELODIC death metal band Arch Enemy, and she is not a shemale, she is hot.Check here http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=11888
----
25.06.2008 - 00:58
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Humm.. That's a hard question since I really like "angelic" female voices and I know a lot of bands.. but I'd say someone between Simone Simons (Epica), Liv Kristine (Leaves' Eyes) or Kaisa Jouhki (Battlelore) don't make me pick one up! lol
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
25.06.2008 - 01:26
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
sry to say but I'm not a fan of many female-voiced groups

no thanks: Arch Enemy, Kitty, In This Moment, FlyLeaf

not bad: Within Temptation
30.06.2008 - 18:33
Kaiser_Soze
Account deleted
Ailyn from the Gothic Metal band Sirenia has an amazing voice. Sirenia's former singers were also very, very good.
01.07.2008 - 15:52
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted

@ Madame, nice list

@ Albatros: Tnx !

@ Uller: Oh yeah ! I forgot Angela Gossow *shame on me*. Yes, she's an amazing female death metal vocalist. I allways say: ˝She can eat some male vocals for breakfast.˝
01.07.2008 - 17:09
-Soulreaper-
There a few that stick out to me that are just amazing vocalists. That would be:

Liv Kristine
Carmen Elise - Liv's sister and lead singer of Midnattsol
Vibeke Stene
Tarja
Floor Jansen
Simone Simons
Sharon den Adel
Sabine Dünser from Elis

Just to name a few.
01.07.2008 - 20:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i've never seen anyone mention Aja Kim from the Iron Maidens here... she's got a great voice and she looks pretty great lol
04.07.2008 - 01:22
Gordon Freeman
Written by Guest on 01.07.2008 at 15:52

@ Madame, nice list

@ Albatros: Tnx !

@ Uller: Oh yeah ! I forgot Angela Gossow *shame on me*. Yes, she's an amazing female death metal vocalist. I allways say: ˝She can eat some male vocals for breakfast.˝

Laurie Sue Shanaman from Black metal band Ludicra is far and away a better aggressive female vocalist than Mangela Gossow.

But since the topic creator specifically stated they didn't want any aggressive vocalist suggestions I won't reccomend her or the band...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
04.07.2008 - 23:05
annodomini
Ok i am a fan of FF , so ill try to give some recommendations.

If you are searching for something really Angelic try Lunatica (fables and dreams) and Dawn of Destiny (..Begins) trully amazing Voices and music.

But my biggest suggestion is Nemesea. And their album "Mana" (do not try "In Control" ).
Together with WT "Mother Earth" and AF "Decipher" it is the best Symphonic Gothic album of all times, and the Vocals are one of the greatest i have ever heard. Check this album, it is really worthy.

Yes, if you like some Operatic, like Nightwish, check the new band Amberian Dawn.

Oh damn i almost forgot... The most original voice for me is Susanna from Unshine. Her voice is so angelic, so mystic, a really secret for me, but it perfectly can work for you.
http://www.myspace.com/unshine

I also checked that no one had mentioned Mortal Love. Cat is trully amazing in album "I have lost" Check songs like: Existence, Reality, Adoration.

Also last years debut Crimson Tears(UK) is really good, operatic but together angelic voice. http://www.myspace.com/ukcrimsontears
----
the riddle wants to be...
07.07.2008 - 07:06
- DaN -
KaminarI
Heyy...and about Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy?!??!, she is fuckin' good too!
----
 [b][red]I just knell to god... and I'm not seeing him here. !!!
08.07.2008 - 11:58
albatros
Written by - DaN - on 07.07.2008 at 07:06

If my count is correct, you are by now the third person, who posted in this thread and neither cared to read the first nor the last posts. Is caring for details a sign of weakness in these days ?
08.07.2008 - 19:19
- DaN -
KaminarI
Written by albatros on 08.07.2008 at 11:58

Written by - DaN - on 07.07.2008 at 07:06

If my count is correct, you are by now the third person, who posted in this thread and neither cared to read the first nor the last posts. Is caring for details a sign of weakness in these days ?

No man, u're right, i didnt see all the post! .... sorry about this!
----
 [b][red]I just knell to god... and I'm not seeing him here. !!!
08.07.2008 - 19:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well I'm such a fanboy, stuck to Tarja Turunen and probably always will be. Another female voice I really like is the one who sings "Everlost (Part II)" on In Flames first album "Lunar Strain". Can't remember her name though, but her voice is very enchanting. Wonder I she has sung any more Metal? And of course, I can't forget Sarah Jezebel Deva from Cradle of Filth. Surely not the most sweet of voices, but very strong and fits the music perfectly.
----
09.07.2008 - 14:46
pdepmcp
metal:
Anita Auglend of the sins of thy beloved (for her angelic voice)

outside metal:
Inna Brejestovskaya of Caprice (necolassical act from russia, their "evelnmusic 3 - tales of the uninvited" is outstanding)
Amalia Grè (jazzy-pop singer)

overall:
Kari Rueslatten (former the 3rd and the mortal, then solo pop-singer)
12.07.2008 - 04:23
mortjoyeux
Leather Wych (Marta Gabriel) from crystal viper is hands down my favorite female vocalist in metal.
She's solid as fuck and gives more to the heavy metal music the band plays. Pure win