Metal Storm logo
Candlemass

Original post

Posted by Valar, 17.05.2006 - 07:28
Candlemass, the founders of epic doom metal.
Their First four albums Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, Nightfall, Ancient Dreams, Tales of Creation are flawless, and its very difficult to choose the best from these bests.

So defn there must be many Candlemass and epic doom metal fans around with views for this Epic band.

(Arguing If Candlemass was the first doom metal band or weather Epicus Doomicus Metallicus was the first doom metal album is what most of the times is discussed and i would recommend to keep away frm these "Arguable" issues)

Views About the band, albums and Fav tracks, news etc Post On....
05.05.2007 - 12:21
Hellish Star
Written by Doc G. on 14.02.2007 at 07:33

cheesiest band. ever. and this is coming from a manowar fan, I just watch the video for 'bewitched' and I think im gonna be sick from injesting so much cheese through my eyeballs. funny music though.

Come'on, be serious.... How can Candlemass be cheesy? They never were, they never will be. Do you know their albums, ever seen them on stage? No, not cheesy at all (it's even a disgrace thinking about Candlemass beïng cheesy). They released awesome albums and now they have Robert Lowe as a singer.
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
05.05.2007 - 13:36
Milutin
Account deleted
Candlemass are a great band. I haven't heard doom metal much, but I can say that if more bands are like Candlemass I might become a great fan of doom metal. I have heard only Ancient Dreams and Nightfall and I can say they are masterpieces. From the epic feel in them, the dark atmosphere to Marcolin's vocals there aren't any errors. And about the Bewitched video - it's really funny. Marcolin is really funny. Those moves and faces that he made on the video...It's not a very good video.
05.05.2007 - 13:45
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Heard about their gig some time ago, with all the guest. That sounded so fucking awesome..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.06.2007 - 10:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I hear in new album be singer of Solitude Aeternus I wanna hera thay Candlemass album, realy wanna
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.06.2007 - 11:25
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Bad English on 11.06.2007 at 10:47

I hear in new album be singer of Solitude Aeternus I wanna hera thay Candlemass album, realy wanna

Yep and the new album is gonna release on the 22nd of this month.
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
11.06.2007 - 11:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valar on 11.06.2007 at 11:25

Any samples or videos of new album
----

apos;'
[image]
11.06.2007 - 16:04
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Bad English on 11.06.2007 at 11:26

Written by Valar on 11.06.2007 at 11:25

Any samples or videos of new album

nah, i dont think so man
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
11.06.2007 - 17:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
Chapter VI is awesome! Why? One of my best friends is the son of Thomas Vikström.
----
12.06.2007 - 11:47
Valar
IndianSteel
http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/news_comments.php?news_id=4983
Chk the news update....Info about album samples....
AARGH..why am i in office right now, have to wait 3 hrs now to listen to the samples.
----
12.06.2007 - 12:36
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Valar on 12.06.2007 at 11:47

AARGH..why am i in office right now, have to wait 3 hrs now to listen to the samples.

Yes I know, I'm a sadist with this news
The samples are pretty good. I'm waiting impatiently the release of this new album.

And clickable direct link to the samples for lazy people here for E-card and here for more long sample on Myspace page of the band.
12.06.2007 - 12:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by White Winter Sun on 12.06.2007 at 12:36

Written by Valar on 12.06.2007 at 11:47

Yes I know, I'm a sadist with this news
The samples are pretty good. I'm waiting impatiently the release of this new album.

And clickable direct link to the samples for lazy people here for E-card and here for more long sample on Myspace page of the band.

I have been listening to the new album for ages now and it will certainly be worth your wait. Somehow I find that Robert Lowe fits Candlemass even better than Messiah Marcolin. Robert has a bit more expression and feeling in his vocals than Messiah.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.06.2007 - 12:55
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.06.2007 at 12:39

I have been listening to the new album for ages now and it will certainly be worth your wait. Somehow I find that Robert Lowe fits Candlemass even better than Messiah Marcolin. Robert has a bit more expression and feeling in his vocals than Messiah.

Good to hear that Marcel. I don't doubt that the album will be good. I spent a very pleasant moment during the listening of samples. The end of wait come and soon we will put our hand on it.
12.06.2007 - 17:34
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Candlemass would alone get points just for attempting something so bold. They've faultlessly done what exactly fans have expected to hear from them however, their releases cannot be recommended highly enough to those with a taste for musical deviance and that's why they have always been underrated.
03.07.2007 - 15:57
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Video footage of Candlemass performing the song 'Black Dwarf' at the Metaltown festival in Gothenburg has been posted at YouTube here.
06.07.2007 - 19:23
Imraghil
i now only 1 song: Solitude. I can play it on the guitar to. very easy:p
08.07.2007 - 14:43
Hyvaarin
Written by Hellish Star on 05.05.2007 at 12:21

Written by Doc G. on 14.02.2007 at 07:33

cheesiest band. ever. and this is coming from a manowar fan, I just watch the video for 'bewitched' and I think im gonna be sick from injesting so much cheese through my eyeballs. funny music though.

Come'on, be serious.... How can Candlemass be cheesy? They never were, they never will be. Do you know their albums, ever seen them on stage? No, not cheesy at all (it's even a disgrace thinking about Candlemass beïng cheesy). They released awesome albums and now they have Robert Lowe as a singer.

Nigga please, if you can't see that the 'Bewitched' clip is cheesy (intentionally, but still), you're deluded by fanboyism.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
09.07.2007 - 00:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hahaha... yeah definetly! The video for Bewitched is as cheesy as... cheez balls!
----
01.08.2007 - 18:12
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Cheesy video doesn't mean cheesy band, and Candlemass certainly isn't one. Most videos from the 80's look terrible nowadays.

The new album is good, but I think I prefered the self titled. Marcolin is a better vocalist too. But check it out, it's definitely worth a listen.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
09.09.2007 - 14:29
Skade
Account deleted
I know this band for a long time, but recently I really got into them. The new album is really good. With beautiful songs as "Emperor of the Void" and "Clearsight". The album I like the most for now is "From the 13:th Sun". It's strange with a great ambiance.

I'm glad Lowe is the new singer. He is probably the only person in the world who fits Candlemass after the great singers they've had.
09.09.2007 - 20:32
Ellie
Account deleted
I've been listening to Candlemass for about two years now..but I've really only listened to Tales of Creation, Nightfall, and Epicus Doomicus Metallicus. I know they have a lot of material..so I would just like suggestions.
09.09.2007 - 20:44
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 09.07.2007 at 00:03

Hahaha... yeah definetly! The video for Bewitched is as cheesy as... cheez balls!

That's one of my favorite videos , it's so cheesy I love it.
10.09.2007 - 00:24
ylside
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.09.2007 at 20:44

I second Raging Atheist actually it's my favorite metal video ever haha. I really love it.
10.09.2007 - 15:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ylside on 10.09.2007 at 00:24

Written by Guest on 09.09.2007 at 20:44

I second Raging Atheist actually it's my favorite metal video ever haha. I really love it.

Does thay has official videos?

Can you post names of them here
----

apos;'
[image]
10.09.2007 - 20:04
Skade
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.09.2007 at 20:32

I've been listening to Candlemass for about two years now..but I've really only listened to Tales of Creation, Nightfall, and Epicus Doomicus Metallicus. I know they have a lot of material..so I would just like suggestions.

I recommend the two newest albums, Candlemass and King of the Grey Island. The are both masterpieces.
10.09.2007 - 20:15
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.09.2007 at 20:04

Written by Guest on 09.09.2007 at 20:32

I recommend the two newest albums, Candlemass and King of the Grey Island. The are both masterpieces.

Thanks so much, darling
10.09.2007 - 21:29
ylside
Staff
Written by Bad English on 10.09.2007 at 15:25

Does thay has official videos?

Can you post names of them here

Candlemass - Bewitched

YOU ARE BEWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCHED
10.09.2007 - 21:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok thank's I will watch it lil leither
----

apos;'
[image]
10.09.2007 - 21:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
There is also an official video of Black Dwarf.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.09.2007 - 23:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.09.2007 at 21:40

There is also an official video of Black Dwarf.

I know that video, but I mena older videos what are forgoten, since you was alive in 80ties and maybe remeber some videos of band from TV, Nowdays such videos nobody dont show anymore

Mirror Mirror

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5yAB7DqN1gA&mode=related&search=
----

apos;'
[image]
11.09.2007 - 13:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
The Dying Illusion is also a very crappy video, but funny though.
----