Metal Storm logo
Downloading

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 26.08.2008 - 22:05
new thread, this time with more specific options(guess these options pretty much cover it all). please explain why you chose one of them. i do download, but i am exempt from all you purist's accusations, because (unlike people in wealthier countries!) i really cannot afford any cd most of the times, and i'm short of money usually, i'd be broke all the time if i wanted to buy all the downloaded stuff i have. so (yes, it's true, that's the only album i own) the one album in my collection is really the only metal album i have in my house(apart maybe for my dad's Queen vinyls but that's another story), it's a remastered edition which i got for a small price relative to the rest of the albums' prices, about 10$. but the rest of Priest's catalogue are either the same price or higher, so it would cost me around 150-200$ to get their entire discography. that's about half the normal salary...

Poll

Do you download albums illegaly?

Only to try, if i like it i'll buy it
Yes, I can't afford the cd's
Yes, I usually can't find cd's here
No, I must support the artist

Total votes: 174
28.08.2008 - 21:44
Janne
Hugin
Written by Guest on 28.08.2008 at 21:38

Written by Janne on 28.08.2008 at 21:34

Written by Guest on 28.08.2008 at 20:34

People downloading stuff almost never get arrested/sued, it's people that share/seed stuff for people to download off that get into trouble.

I hope so

Me too

I think the only time you'll likely be caught is if you seed a new film or game. I doubt you'd get caught with music.

I don't think I'll be caught. (my seeding when I download is always under 3 kb/s XD)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
28.08.2008 - 21:55
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Haha, I'm too selfish to seed but yeah, I don't think the government will be breaking down your doors for 3kbps =p
28.08.2008 - 22:32
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Guest on 28.08.2008 at 21:55

Haha, I'm too selfish to seed but yeah, I don't think the government will be breaking down your doors for 3kbps =p

i won't have any troubles for even GBs of DLing/ULing BUT may get arrested for listening to metal!!
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
28.08.2008 - 23:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 28.08.2008 at 22:32

Written by Guest on 28.08.2008 at 21:55

i won't have any troubles for even GBs of DLing/ULing BUT may get arrested for listening to metal!!

will imams really put death fatwa's on your head or something for listening to metal?
28.08.2008 - 23:52
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Valentin B on 28.08.2008 at 23:17

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 28.08.2008 at 22:32

will imams really put death fatwa's on your head or something for listening to metal?

well...i don't think so, arrests are more probable and common but i'm fucking dead sure they wish they could!!! those Mullahs even dare to control what ppl wear, listen to...
----
02.09.2008 - 16:26
Abattoir
Staff
Written by Guest on 02.09.2008 at 16:03

I download every new album from all the bands I listen to as soon as it's on the internet, but I always buy the original also when it is officially released.

Yea, me too. There are rarely albums that I would buy the original, not listen to it at least once time before. Cuz, mostly I like the original albums that I like to listen to it, not that I would buy something shitty and than I wouldn't listen to it never again, after first listening...just
waste of money. Ok, if would get it for free or very cheap than it doesn't realy matter
03.09.2008 - 03:10
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Im a BIG advocate for downloading music and Im not ashamed of it because if I didnt download it then all the bands I listen to need to empty their pockets and pay me back every cent they made off me...because had i not downloaded it I would have never heard the music and eventually imported it. And believe me....importing music from Scandinavia to South Africa is fucking expensive. I hardly ever get away with less than $25US, so the whole "dont download music" is a bunch of bullshit.

I mean if you just download whatever and end up with like 1000 albums on ur PC but ur too shit to actually buy the music you like a lot then ur just a bad person actually.
05.09.2008 - 08:19
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm...well i actually download most of the music because i usually can't find their cd's here...if i do, i do but them immediately...if i have the cash of course
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
06.09.2008 - 03:57
MetalSpider
I have to be honest. I download most of my music. However I do buy CD's when I have the money. I only have 15 CD's at the moment...and about 40+ GB of music downloaded.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
08.09.2008 - 19:50
annodomini
Ok i am a student so i dont have a money to buy albums so i am downloading music, i know its a shame, but when i have money i will buy them, now i have about 400GB music and i dont think that this is something wrong, if there will not be illegal downloading most of metal bands would be absolutely unknown, the downloading gives an opportunity more people only to try other bands.
----
the riddle wants to be...
08.09.2008 - 20:10
Janne
Hugin
Written by annodomini on 08.09.2008 at 19:50

Ok i am a student so i dont have a money to buy albums so i am downloading music, i know its a shame, but when i have money i will buy them, now i have about 400GB music and i dont think that this is something wrong, if there will not be illegal downloading most of metal bands would be absolutely unknown, the downloading gives an opportunity more people only to try other bands.

Very true! but 400GB?? how can you listen to so much music? I have 40GB and I didn't listened to all of them yet...
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
08.09.2008 - 22:06
annodomini
I am downlaoding about 5-6 albums every day, and i just listening them in one time if i like them i put them to a folder where i will listen to them oftener, if not i put in another, in that case if i will be discussing about some band or reading about it and i dont have to waste my time then to find their albums, and that i ahve an opportunity to listen it quickly. I like to get know with lot of music. And if i had money i would really by abou 20 % of this music.
----
the riddle wants to be...
08.09.2008 - 22:15
Janne
Hugin
Written by annodomini on 08.09.2008 at 22:06

I am downlaoding about 5-6 albums every day, and i just listening them in one time if i like them i put them to a folder where i will listen to them oftener, if not i put in another, in that case if i will be discussing about some band or reading about it and i dont have to waste my time then to find their albums, and that i ahve an opportunity to listen it quickly. I like to get know with lot of music. And if i had money i would really by abou 20 % of this music.

It's completely unbelievable for me. I must listen to an album at least 10 times to make an opinion about it. and I usually listen to 2 or 3 new albums in the same time for 2 weeks. after that i can deciede if I like it or not. to really know an album i must listen to it for weeks or months. So I only download albums i read about before and/or listened to some songs from it. So there's a bigger chance I'll like it.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.09.2008 - 06:00
Mynor Kauffmann
Account deleted
This one is from my band, not ilegal at all, fell free people...

SILENT POETRY -
http://rapidshare.com/files/136577828/SILENT_POETRY_-_SILENT_POETRY.rar

http://www.myspace.com/silentpoetryofficial
16.09.2008 - 08:18
-Morbid-
I download single tracks off the label's websites, but I've never downloaded a full album before. Even though I only have maybe 400-450 CDs, I take pride in my collection, and personally I gain no pride in having burned/downloaded copies.

I've considered downloading things as they are leaked or things I can't find/afford to have imported to hold me over until I can buy them, but I never get around to it.
16.09.2008 - 08:50
Tórnach
Account deleted
It's hard to get CDs here, so what I do is I'll download and every few months if I really like it I'll go on Amazon and order it.

A few months ago I downloaded Eluveitie, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Insomnium and a few others. I then bought the entire discography ('cept for Finntroll) and some Ts.
16.09.2008 - 17:30
Janne
Hugin
I download most of my music (cause I don't have too much money) but I can't download DVDs so I ask my relatives to buy me them for my birthday, christmas...
some of my original CDs were also brought by my parents, grandparents..
IMO this is the cheapest way to get original CDs!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.09.2008 - 20:18
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Janne on 16.09.2008 at 17:30

I download most of my music (cause I don't have too much money) but I can't download DVDs so I ask my relatives to buy me them for my birthday, christmas...

Sure. Last birthday I received Iron Maiden by a couple of friends
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.09.2008 - 23:18
SK921
Account deleted
I have been download a lot this past year. I still buy CD's but it's a real hassle because I usually have to order my CD's over seas so it gets a bit pricy. I always buy at least one CD from every band I listen to though.
17.09.2008 - 03:13
Suamo
Account deleted
yes... I Download all the time, here it is hard to get cds of the bands that I hear. and also CDs are quite expensive.

I only buy music from bands South American, is easier to obtain.

Download the new Demo 2008 of my Band :
http://macroxmetalchile.blogspot.com/2008/06/promo-de-odosaha-del-demo-suramerica.html
18.09.2008 - 23:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
ahem. we have a promotion and ads section
19.09.2008 - 13:05
owl
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 28.08.2008 at 23:52

well...i don't think so, arrests are more probable and common but i'm fucking dead sure they wish they could!!! those Mullahs even dare to control what ppl wear, listen to...
Damn... Do I want to know what would happen to a woman who listens to Metal in your country?

About downloads: there was a time when I downloaded everything my HD could stand: music, movies, TV series, etc. I'd leave the PC running 24/7 until it crashed. But I could never keep up with all the stuff I downloaded, I didn't have enought time to watch and listen to everything, so I'd burn CD's with it to listen to later, and I can say most of them are yet to be listened.

One day I discovered the way to find http links to mostly everything I wanted, so I dropped peer-to-peer - besides, download speeds had started to drop considerably for a few months, by then.

Now I turn on the PC when I get home, run a quick google search for anything I want and that's that. I save electricity, hardware and patience. Plus, now I download stuff at my own pace, and don't store data like there's no tomorrow.
----
19.09.2008 - 17:19
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by owl on 19.09.2008 at 13:05

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 28.08.2008 at 23:52

Damn... Do I want to know what would happen to a woman who listens to Metal in your country?

nothing special as long as she keeps it for herself and (pretends to) acquiesce to Islamic rules.
there are documentaries on TV here and there showing metal fans as drug-addicts, jerks and psychotics (along with rappers ) who need serious emergent help...hahaha

Quote:

But I could never keep up with all the stuff I downloaded, I didn't have enought time to watch and listen to everything, so I'd burn CD's with it to listen to later, and I can say most of them are yet to be listened.

same here lol
----
21.09.2008 - 23:11
nana.MD
Star-Queen

I ask my relatives to buy me them for my birthday, christmas...

...yes!! i'm glad because christmas is approaching, so as my bday haha...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
21.09.2008 - 23:30
Janne
Hugin
Written by nana.MD on 21.09.2008 at 23:11

christmas? it's 3 months yet!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
22.09.2008 - 19:58
owl
Goddamn, if I had to wait 3 months until I could listen to the latest stuff of my favorite band, knowing it was already 'around'... I'd do something nasty to someone, that's for sure.

So hoorray to downloads!
----
22.09.2008 - 22:37
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Janne on 21.09.2008 at 23:30

christmas? it's 3 months yet!

..lol i know but only 3 months!! time passes by quickly, mostly in this time of the year for me hehe...i think there's alot of celebrations & stuff...like it!!
----
23.10.2008 - 15:04
gocasaca
I even don't have this luxury to download here, because internet is so slow!!!! To buy-no way, too expensive in this country. And, also, there is no many stores to shop metal music.
Almost all of my music is burned from friends, who burned from other friends, and so on...
23.10.2008 - 15:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by gocasaca on 23.10.2008 at 15:04

I even don't have this luxury to download here, because internet is so slow!!!! To buy-no way, too expensive in this country. And, also, there is no many stores to shop metal music.
Almost all of my music is burned from friends, who burned from other friends, and so on...

Thats how I done it before get i net it was planty tapes whit no band names, song titles etc ....
How slow is i net there
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.10.2008 - 15:10
gocasaca
Written by Bad English on 23.10.2008 at 15:07

Written by gocasaca on 23.10.2008 at 15:04

Thats how I done it before get i net it was planty tapes whit no band names, song titles etc ....
How slow is i net there

52 KB !