16. Inject Me With Aids
17. Slowly Raped With A Chainsaw
18. Toilet Tantalizers
19. Spray Me With Fecal Matter
20. Licky Webster
21. Fuck? I'm Dead
22. A Fraction Off Death [live]
23. Licky Webster [live]

I really thought this was going to be a better experience; Fuck?I'm Dead is now one of the most "popular" bands in the underground scene, I've heard all kind of comments and compliments and stuff about them, so I searched for their album and finally heard it?yes this band is really tight and somehow technical, but after a while the experience gets a little boring and monotonous, I'll explain a little more.

The album shows different structures once in a while, but the main vein is an annoying Blast-Beat which drowns the other instruments in the most awful way. The actual music (putting the drum-work aside) is really decent, the guitar riffs are catchy at times and the guitarist even managed to add a couple of tiny leads here and there, so no complaints there. But then again, as the music flows the main factor becomes predictable, so after the 10th track everything sounds the same (thanks to the drum-work) and the "impressive" bits stop existing (except in "Toilet Tantalizers", that track really overwhelmed me)

One thing I tell you, the production laying in this release is really amazing, even though the sound is chaotic as hell and the drum-work is louder than fuck?the audio sounds really clean, and I loved the EQ of the guitar lines, it's really cool to hear a Grindcore band with great sound.

So the album might appeal more than one listener, but if we take a closer hear to this CD we'll find this is not as innovative as people say it is, this is just another Grindcore band doing few complex guitar-lines and some breakdowns that's all?the catchy feature is almost everywhere nowadays. I agree with people when they say "yeah man, this band is cool to hear" but I think it's ignorance talking when people say "WOW?this band is the most creative shit around?damn it, did you hear that riff? Is that amazing or what dude?what a triiip".

Fast as hell Blast-Beats, hardcore vocalizations, few catchy riffs, faster Blast-Beats, plain bass-lines, one or two breakdowns, did I mention Blast-Beats? So, it's your call.

Written by Herzebeth | 27.11.2005

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 41 users
15.10.2008 - 20:47
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Agreed, was very underwhelmed by this one...
13.03.2009 - 21:45
setherian
Account deleted
I also dont think it is "the most creative shit..," and anyone listening it for the first time with that degree of expectation is certainly going to get disapointed, specially if you are like most metal heads still resistent to drum programming n oter electronic manipulations. Well Im not!
And if you are not as well and you listen to this album a few times , you will understand why this is a MUST HAVE album! I have like a little over 200 grindcore alone original cds here, I make music, I produce, i record and I can asure there are not many, not to say almost any grind core cds better mixed than this, just this factor plus the level of bruality makes it a must have. But you also get a lot of technique and a singular optimal punch and sinchronicity between all musicians wich is absolutely delicious to listen to. And I dont think they are trying to be revolutionary here, its simply a perfect fun to listen to tight as fuck drum programmed perfectly mixed nu skl grindcore record.
They might not be as creative as The Berzerker, but the sound quality and tightness of this cd makes it AT LEAST the best australian grindcore album ever. That is quite an accomplshment since australians are far as i know the best in the genre for the last 8 years or so.
04.04.2010 - 10:15
JohnWayneGacy666

This is a great album i heard this band on australian community radio they are decent

Hits total: 3008 | This month: 7