Metal Storm logo
Lacrimosa

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 10.07.2006 - 22:08
So, the thread for this excellent band which has been one the best gothic metal bands ever.

I really like this band, the musical quality, the instruments management, many things... and well, one of the most important things: the originality in the music, and in the album covers.

So, what do you think?
18.06.2011 - 02:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by K✞ulu on 28.05.2009 at 09:27

Agree with you, Daggon. The album is just boring. Basically the only Lacrimosa album that listened to in the past is Elodia, which is awesome, but I never listened to anything else. So compared to that album, the new one is just not good.

I haven't put too much attention to the "middle era" of Lacrimosa which is the most popular and fan favorite it seems... But I really love their first three albums. Their debut is some of the most overlooked music I've heard, really touching and very intense at times . Don't understand why the fans don't pay too much attention to the first 2 albums.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.06.2011 - 03:44
VPeter
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.06.2011 at 02:29

Written by K✞ulu on 28.05.2009 at 09:27

Agree with you, Daggon. The album is just boring. Basically the only Lacrimosa album that listened to in the past is Elodia, which is awesome, but I never listened to anything else. So compared to that album, the new one is just not good.

I haven't put too much attention to the "middle era" of Lacrimosa which is the most popular and fan favorite it seems... But I really love their first three albums. Their debut is some of the most overlooked music I've heard, really touching and very intense at times . Don't understand why the fans don't pay too much attention to the first 2 albums.

Their first 2 albums have their fine moments, however they haven't settled their sound yet. A lot of it feels underdeveloped, especially Tilo's screams who really suck on those albums.
18.06.2011 - 11:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by VPeter on 18.06.2011 at 03:44

Their first 2 albums have their fine moments, however they haven't settled their sound yet. A lot of it feels underdeveloped, especially Tilo's screams who really suck on those albums.

Disagree:
- It's not like they didn't settled their sound by that moment... they jus had a different sound, one that was heavily influenced by dark wave and indusrial stuff, not that different from acts like Sopor Aeternus.
- I love his vocals on those two albums, a more humble and desperate tone than anything he did afterwards.

Lacrimosa began to sound "too nice" for me... That's why I preffer Angst over albums like, let's say.... Echos. That album is good and all that but I just preffer their previous style, far darker. Satura is probably the best album in the sense that it has the best of those two worlds.

Few songs from the later albums had such an impact on me than Der Letze Hilfeschrei from their debut... God those sounds from the heart beating are stressful.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.06.2011 - 00:47
VPeter
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.06.2011 at 11:03

Written by VPeter on 18.06.2011 at 03:44

Disagree:
- It's not like they didn't settled their sound by that moment... they jus had a different sound, one that was heavily influenced by dark wave and indusrial stuff, not that different from acts like Sopor Aeternus.
- I love his vocals on those two albums, a more humble and desperate tone than anything he did afterwards.

Lacrimosa began to sound "too nice" for me... That's why I preffer Angst over albums like, let's say.... Echos. That album is good and all that but I just preffer their previous style, far darker. Satura is probably the best album in the sense that it has the best of those two worlds.

Few songs from the later albums had such an impact on me than Der Letze Hilfeschrei from their debut... God those sounds from the heart beating are stressful.

Those albums were more raw, unpolished and there is a bigger feel of desolation to it. The core was still there however, but just raw and not polished yet. Than again some like more raw than polished.

I do like some of the more raw atmosphere songs, some of my favourites are: Einsamkeit, Diener Eines Geistes and Loblied Auf Die Zweisamkeit. I must admit I haven't listen the debut that often.
19.06.2011 - 16:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its been long I listeh this band last time but here I totaly agree whit Peter in this case, because leither on band sonds lil same, and day by day going weeker and weeker, its same whit Blind Guardian when 1th was they stil search a sound , but when found it ..... what albums I liste most ? Of corse where they stil searching it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.08.2011 - 04:36
Metal_4Ever
Why Lacrimosa isn't in Metal-Archive
09.12.2011 - 01:52
METALMILITIA
Written by Metal_4Ever on 26.08.2011 at 04:36

Why Lacrimosa isn't in Metal-Archive

Good question. I'm wondering what people's opinions on Lacrimosa are anyway.

Being from Canada, not many people that I know of will give 'em the time of day. I think they've got some creative, masterful music that certainly conjures up a broad range of emotions. Not "run of the mill" metal that's for sure...