Metal Storm logo
Nokturnal Mortum

12.07.2006 - 02:21
Basso
Account deleted
Well I have heard a few songs from this band and thought they where kind of intressting. So basicly I just want recommendations of cd's from them. Other than that since I saw no thread about them, here it is.

PS: I aint to fond of the NS imagry but the few songs I heard made me willing to give the music a shot. Cheers
12.07.2006 - 02:58
Humanoid
Account deleted
well you can start with "Marble Moon" -excellent symphonic bm [or "Return Of The Vampire Lord / Marble Moon" if it's possible], and you can go on with "NeChrist" and "To The Gates Of Blasphemous Fire" [lyrics by Lucifugum]
and a very interesting material is the "11 Years among the sheep" best-of/compilation >> material from the pre-nokturnal mrotum era.
and concerning the latest (2005) material , it's more folk than bm , so it depends on what you're interested in. [personally, i don't like it at all ]
but the "11 years..." is my recommendation !
12.07.2006 - 03:22
Basso
Account deleted
Thanks for the answer. I am going to wait for some more opinions before I decide though . By the way what is their most melodic album?
12.07.2006 - 05:13
Southern Wind
Account deleted
This band is interesting, specially "Lunar Poetry" and "Goat Horns"... I used to like "Nechrist" but now I think it's a too messy album.
12.07.2006 - 05:33
Ruines
Account deleted
LUNAR POETRY all the way. Nice production for a bm album, nice melodies, even some guitar solos !
12.07.2006 - 11:14
Damnated
Churchburner
The NS imagery is a common thing among slavic BM bands, so don't mind it. I also recommend Lunar Poetry, but also try NeChrist and To The gates of...
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.07.2006 - 12:42
Basso
Account deleted
Thanks, for the answers, I will check em out!
12.07.2006 - 17:58
AntaeusM
Elite
Only Marble Moon..the other albums I have heard of them were just mediocre. Actually, I didn't like this band at all till I tried Marble Moon. There are some good symphonic black metal tracks on this album, when their more folkish sound(as on NeChrist) is just..less enjoyable

However, that could be a personal opinion of mine, but I just don't see Nokturnal Mortum doing anything special on the later releases. They have nice ideas on albums such as NeChrist, but the result is just quite bad. I agree with Southern Wind that it sounds too messy. The album is very chaotic and it is difficult to seperate the songs from each other.
12.07.2006 - 18:54
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
I really like this band. I was actually listening to NeChrist just earlier. They have that sort of raw edge, and the symphonic side weaved in. It creates a good atmosphere, rather than being a standout dimension, which can sometimes sound bad or overpowering. Plus I like the small doses of Folk when I hear them I guess NeChrist fits together a bit better for me, lol.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
13.07.2006 - 00:43
Daru Jericho
Goat Horns has already been said but I'll mention it again.

2 keyboard players....
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

08.08.2006 - 19:34
Basso
Account deleted
I am really loving Nokturnal Mortum atm. But I just cant find Nechrist and the newest release to my liking :/ The older material is just too fuckin awesome. Goat Horns and Lunar Poetry is the best of NM!
08.08.2006 - 20:03
Ruines
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.08.2006 at 19:34

I am really loving Nokturnal Mortum atm. But I just cant find Nechrist and the newest release to my liking :/ The older material is just too fuckin awesome. Goat Horns and Lunar Poetry is the best of NM!

Totally agreed !
08.08.2006 - 20:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Currently downloading some stuff. Should be good.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.08.2006 - 20:12
Basso
Account deleted
@ Ruines : Cheers mate!

@ Nervel : You wont be disappointed!
08.08.2006 - 20:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Let's hope not. To make sure I am not going to be disappointed, I am gonna screw my expectation level down to zero.

Nah, kidding. Melo-black with solo's, could be very interesting.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.08.2006 - 20:40
Ruines
Account deleted
08.08.2006 - 21:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Sounds really good, thanks! I like this stuff.
----

09.08.2006 - 19:16
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.08.2006 at 20:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0G04lcSnHA

haha its rather funny that its an animemusicvideo of NM. But I am both a fan of NM and Anime so its kinda cool for me
10.08.2006 - 00:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ok, downloaded some stuff, really good. I like this very much. Thanks, I'll get more and might eventually buy it.
----

10.08.2006 - 10:30
Valar
IndianSteel
Great Great Band with Godly Melodies..... Black Moon Overture, Kuyavia are damn good tracks from "Goat Horns"....
Still have to listen to Lunar Poetry which again is said to be a great album!
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
10.08.2006 - 19:52
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Valar on 10.08.2006 at 10:30

Great Great Band with Godly Melodies..... Black Moon Overture, Kuyavia are damn good tracks from "Goat Horns"....
Still have to listen to Lunar Poetry which again is said to be a great album!

It is indeed! It is in the same quality class as Goat Horns without doubt.
10.08.2006 - 20:59
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i remember hearing goat horns ages ago and not thinking it was anything special but i got nechrist recently and its top notch. getting a lot iof plays over the last few weeks.

nothing constructive to add to this conversation
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
26.08.2006 - 19:45
Misantrophil
Account deleted
A Really good band.My favourite album is Lunar Poetry it is fucking awesome,really great melodies and atmosphere.New album is also really good.I dont know why people like so much nechrist album it is nothing special.They play tommorrow in my town.I think that would be a great show
26.08.2006 - 20:01
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.08.2006 at 20:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0G04lcSnHA

It says that it's a 'private video', so i can't get access to it
27.08.2006 - 02:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.07.2006 at 05:13

This band is interesting, specially "Lunar Poetry" and "Goat Horns"... I used to like "Nechrist" but now I think it's a too messy album.

People w hanst intrests about slavs, slavs culture, historu, traditions, langueges and so its hard to understand this album and fro me to I like better Lunar Poetry how other albums, but Necrist was first stuff what I hear from them
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.08.2006 - 03:02
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.08.2006 at 02:19

People w hanst intrests about slavs, slavs culture, historu, traditions, langueges and so its hard to understand this album and fro me to I like better Lunar Poetry how other albums, but Necrist was first stuff what I hear from them

Well it is note the lyrics that is messy, its the musical structure itself, it also has less focus on the synths wich is (in my opinion) a little sad.
27.08.2006 - 04:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.08.2006 at 03:02

Well it is note the lyrics that is messy, its the musical structure itself, it also has less focus on the synths wich is (in my opinion) a little sad.

Sinrhs, thay are great and I like it and lyrics for this band, if you understand them its much better and you know about what thay sing and why sinrhs sounds like that, its not like hmm early Running Wild, ''I was beer I drink it'' it s not of that kind a lyrics
----

apos;'
[image]
27.08.2006 - 05:41
Streetcleaner
Account deleted

Well, I certianly have interest in Slavs... I even speak some Russian and I'm taking classes of it...

And well, I don't think NeChrist has a strong "Slavic" concept, its lyrics are just the typical Black Metal ones with a few based in NS ideology (like The Call Of The Aryan Spirit), but not in slavism....

A good "Slavic" Black Metal album is Hate Forest's "Battlefields".
27.08.2006 - 12:01
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.08.2006 at 05:41

Well, I certianly have interest in Slavs... I even speak some Russian and I'm taking classes of it...

And well, I don't think NeChrist has a strong "Slavic" concept, its lyrics are just the typical Black Metal ones with a few based in NS ideology (like The Call Of The Aryan Spirit), but not in slavism....

A good "Slavic" Black Metal album is Hate Forest's "Battlefields".

Is battlefields lyrics written in slavic language or in english?
27.08.2006 - 13:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Streetcleaner Thay are diferent how NS BM, lil bit diferent and about slavs, hmm for non slavs and europeians its harder understand them, about them thay idiolgy are mixed between russian and other slavs and this are diferent BM, lil bit and bTW if you know ukrainan all yugoslavs langueges are open for you
Basso Song titles are in english, but soem sonhs un Urkarian or russian

Sorrry man I dunno kirlic. if it be in latin letters I can translate it
----

apos;'
[image]