Metal Storm logo
Nokturnal Mortum

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 12.07.2006 - 02:21
Well I have heard a few songs from this band and thought they where kind of intressting. So basicly I just want recommendations of cd's from them. Other than that since I saw no thread about them, here it is.

PS: I aint to fond of the NS imagry but the few songs I heard made me willing to give the music a shot. Cheers
05.01.2008 - 13:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
But... but... I want them on MS!!!
----
05.01.2008 - 15:49
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Ok site administrators, Hear his cry! anyway the band has a good presence in the internet.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
05.01.2008 - 16:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Sure, I'm not a fan of their ns thoughts but their music is... perfection.
----
05.01.2008 - 16:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Well, it's not gonna happen. Sorry guys. Go to MA for bands with ideologies such as Nokturnal Mortum's.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.01.2008 - 16:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Warman on 05.01.2008 at 16:01

so you also think of old Dimmu Borgir as perfection then I guess
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.01.2008 - 16:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.01.2008 at 16:11

Written by Warman on 05.01.2008 at 16:01

so you also think of old Dimmu Borgir as perfection then I guess

Haha it depends on how old? The three first albums are amazing but still there's no way I can compare them with Nokturnal Mortum! Oh... and as some might notice, I'm quite new to the band and that's because I'm a little euphoric right now. It'll pass in a couple of weeks probably.
----
22.02.2008 - 17:55
NOИ
very good music but unfortunately they are a nsbm and pagan band, and this ideology has no place in black metal in my opinion.
29.05.2008 - 00:00
Damnated
Churchburner
if anyone, by some bizarre occurring of events, wants to come to Romania, this is the time tbh. Nokturnal Mortum along with Kataxu, Kroda and Sunwheel will be performing here at the end of august. i know it's far and no one really cares about nsbm concerts, but this is really special. Last year was also amazing despite the lack of cold lager.
also note that these bands wont be playing in the western countries anytime soon. maybe never.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.06.2008 - 06:52
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
I love these guys, i personally own Lunar Poetry, Vampire Lord/Marble Moon, Nechrist, Twilightfall. Their newer stuff is good but i believe their really great stuff was on Lunar Poetry, Ne Christ and Goat Horns.
09.06.2008 - 02:08
mortjoyeux
This band is way too good, I find all their stuff is easy to get into. Their demos were pure win.
17.09.2008 - 06:56
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Anton Alcolust on 10.04.2007 at 14:08

bleh ! all know that NM are NS ... and ? i don't think that we are here to say if this band or an other are NS or communist or greenpeace or some other shit like that , we are here to speak about the music , and why we love/hate it . NM is a good symphonic/pagan black metal band , which have an exelent atmosphere , i have all of their album , but i'm not NS , so what ? Varggoth play in aryan terrorism , they are in the pagan front , but the music is good , then , it's not because they are slavonics ns (what a crazy idea ) that they don't play good music ... they are simply idiots .

you have said everything... more important than the ideologies are their music.. they're a great metal band with stupid thoughts.. but they are metal, so i think they deserve their own space at the site.
Anyway.. its not my call..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
17.09.2008 - 07:39
As someone who can actually understand what they're singing about, I can say it's all very cheesy - but then again, what's new in metal? ;-) I can't see people being offended by them, as seriously as NM do take themselves. But if they're too offensive, where can we draw the line? Many extreme metal bands have offensive ideologies... Look at that Taake controversy. And Shining's Kvarforth (sp?) is very much fucked up. And Abruptum tortured themselves in the studio and stuff. And Burzum, nuff said. If some bands are barred from being featured here, where would we draw the line of what is considered offensive? Let's let the music speak for itself... if the music has quality (and chances are the lyrics are in some obscure language no one can decipher anyway), let it speak for itself and be featured. Metal folks are known for a good sense of humor and appreciation for cheesy/nerdy material being transformed into brutality by the mighty riff, so why not?
17.09.2008 - 21:05
Damnated
Churchburner
tbh i feel offended by power metal lyrics.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
22.09.2008 - 14:07
VPeter
you know what kind of political hassle it can bring when they have an profile here. I, myself am pretty happy about this since I always found Nokturnal Mortum a pathetic elitist band anyway. Their old material is decent black metal though.
19.10.2008 - 20:59
Khaldi
From Nokturnal Mortum i like only "Mirovozzrenie"[2004]
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
20.10.2008 - 05:16
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 17.09.2008 at 21:05

what do you mean? at least what I had read is typical pagan metal
20.10.2008 - 05:32
mortjoyeux
Written by Guest on 20.10.2008 at 05:16

Yeah most of it is pagan/nature/NS lyrics...not at ALL power metal really.
20.10.2008 - 09:44
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 20.10.2008 at 05:16

i was joking.
----

20.10.2008 - 22:40
Hyvaarin
Written by VPeter on 22.09.2008 at 14:07

you know what kind of political hassle it can bring when they have an profile here.

I don't, actually. Can someone explain?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
20.10.2008 - 22:57
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Hyvaarin on 20.10.2008 at 22:40

you know what kind of political hassle it can bring when they have an profile here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony
----

22.10.2008 - 17:34
MathC
Account deleted

I always found Nokturnal Mortum a pathetic elitist band anyway.

Nonsense!
23.10.2008 - 01:01
Hyvaarin
Written by Damnated on 20.10.2008 at 22:57

Written by Hyvaarin on 20.10.2008 at 22:40

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Ahh, didn't quite pick it up at first haha.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
23.10.2008 - 01:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Uh, is this thread going somewhere? How about talking about Nokturnal Mortum again?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.10.2008 - 18:00
A.J Thunder
Well, does anyody know what they are up to nowdays?

Seems they released a split with Graveland, Temnozor and North in 2007 with the song Kolyada from Goat Horns. Hope their not stoping.
26.10.2008 - 16:14
rageing atheist
Account deleted
They should be releasing a new album in 2009 if I'm not mistaken, Voice of Steel was supposed to be the title, if I remember correctly.
31.10.2008 - 11:53
FOOCK Nam
Written by Damnated on 29.05.2008 at 00:00

Nokturnal Mortum along with Kataxu, Kroda and Sunwheel will be performing here at the end of august. i know it's far and no one really cares about nsbm concerts, but this is really special. Last year was also amazing despite the lack of cold lager.
also note that these bands wont be playing in the western countries anytime soon. maybe never.

Why those band never playing in Western countries ? They are banned or else? Im eager to know the reason.
31.10.2008 - 12:00
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by FOOCK Nam on 31.10.2008 at 11:53

Why those band never playing in Western countries ? They are banned or else? Im eager to know the reason.

probably. last year's Frey Faxi made a big media sensation here as well. so these things never go unnoticed, but ultimately here it's not a big deal.
on the other hand, i know about a couple of gigs in germany which were interrupted by the police because they thought neo nazis will be there, in the crowd, mind you. the same thing happened with one of the Peste Noire concerts in France. i believe it was their first one. europeans in general are very-very touchy when it comes to anything fascist.
----

31.10.2008 - 15:08
VPeter
Written by Damnated on 31.10.2008 at 12:00

Written by FOOCK Nam on 31.10.2008 at 11:53

probably. last year's Frey Faxi made a big media sensation here as well. so these things never go unnoticed, but ultimately here it's not a big deal.
on the other hand, i know about a couple of gigs in germany which were interrupted by the police because they thought neo nazis will be there, in the crowd, mind you. the same thing happened with one of the Peste Noire concerts in France. i believe it was their first one. europeans in general are very-very touchy when it comes to anything fascist.

sometimes so bad, that for example the lefties attacked Type O Negative here on there first tour trough Europe for being facist just because they had one song called "Der Untermensch" even tough the song is about drug dealers. which forced Type O Negative to cancel there tour.
03.05.2009 - 16:26
Smurfophagist
It sucks balls that this band is not featured on Metal Storm. Probably because of the NS influences. Who the crap gives a shit about that, their music is amazing.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
03.05.2009 - 18:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Smurfophagist on 03.05.2009 at 16:26

It sucks balls that this band is not featured on Metal Storm. Probably because of the NS influences. Who the crap gives a shit about that, their music is amazing.

In Burzum is same NS think what is in NM, also in other Scandinavan BM bands to, so ..... you can suggest band in band suggestion think maybe it be edd here
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing