Metal Storm logo
Ov Hell - New All-Star Black Metal Band Formed

Posted on the new band's myspace page today:

Out of Norway's biggest and darkest metal bands rises Ov HELL. This group of Satan's all-stars has been sharpening their teeth in some of black metal's most influential bands for many years. Known as key figures in bands such as Dimmu Borgir and Gorgoroth, Shagrath and King have come together to bring forward a new chapter in Norwegian black metal history. Ov HELL will carry on in the same tradition for which King and Shagrath are known, but the collaboration between the two will mark a new era for them both.

Frost, Ice Dale and Teloch have been recruited for the first full-length release. The album will contain all of the power and blast beats worthy of their evil pedigrees. Expect an assault on all false gods and hypocrisy that is of this world today.....

"The first Ov HELL release will contain music I've worked on in my Gorgoroth and God Seed years. It's been a little hell to actually see this music form into a band, so the name of the band is quite suitable. Through the first song I got from Shagrath I knew that he would be the perfect man to join forces with. He has strong individual qualities and a strong will to power. I am very positive that when we finish up this album it will be an album that won't sound like anything we have done before, and with a quality that won't stand back from anything presented in black metal earlier!" - King

"With both of our demanding music careers and other projects, timing was not on our side. After last years inferno festival, King and I yet again joined forces to brainstorm our need to collaborate our passion for dark art. Over the course of the past year, King sent me demo ideas that were so inspiring it made me put my skeptic feelings aside. I wasn't sure if I wanted to have another Black Metal project but my unquenchable thirst to explore my darkest beast, launched the birth Ov HELL. The majestic Ov HELL has become a band that reflects our roots, raw, ugly, arrogantly blasphemous with uncompromising truth from two influential Norwegian musicians needing to express our primitive side, straight out Ov HELL." - Shagrath

Two new tracks, "Devil's Harlot" and "Ghosting" from the yet untitled upcoming album, has been uploaded to the band's MySpace.

Studio Line-up:

Shagrath (Dimmu Borgir, Chrome Division) - vocals
King (God Seed, Gorgoroth, Jotunspor, I, Sahg, Audrey Horne) - bass
Ice Dale (Enslaved, I, Audrey Horne, Trinacria, Demonaz) - guitar
Frost (Satyricon, 1349) - drums
Teloch (Nidingr, God Seed, 1349, Umoral) - guitar

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Ov Hell
Posted: 22.10.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments page 2 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 95   Visited by: 354 users
23.10.2009 - 05:29
STEELER
Ohh,2 more things easy to get for this kind of bands: black and white scuff cover for shoes and people that listening to them!!!
23.10.2009 - 06:33
gauteviking
This is a wierd deal because the music is very enjoyable and slow which i like but when you see the brand endorsements its really not very inspiring.
23.10.2009 - 06:59
ImNotMetal
Dont force your metal genre to other people, let them enjoy metal that they loved.
23.10.2009 - 08:24
kaylamacgavin
Damn sounds pretty good...demos sound good but can't wait to hear more about this.
23.10.2009 - 09:22
thesabbathfan
The two tracks are alright.

i'll have to wait till the album comes out to make a real judgement
----
23.10.2009 - 10:20
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
DAMN. this is either gonna be monumentally ridiculous in the best way possible or catastrophically horrible without any middle ground, especially with this caliber of a lineup.

but it could also be a complete black metal gimmick like god seed and just be retarded garbage. but what i hear from the rough mixes, it cant be too unpalatable.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.10.2009 - 10:39
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Lord_Regnier on 23.10.2009 at 01:09

Written by Jiri on 23.10.2009 at 00:57

Written by The Night Wisher on 22.10.2009 at 22:43

Fuck all black metal, with all my respects to the listeners .........but Darkwoods My Betrothed is the only good band ...

What a little pussy bitch. Go shove your Nightwish up your fat ass, you loser! If you love commercial shit so much, then do not post here, asshole. I am not defending Shagrath and his commercial dung, but you insulted all of black metal for no reason. No one wants to hear it! Idiot!

If you check his favorite bands list, apart from a few names, it's indeed all pussy bands like Nightwish.
Commercial stuff that doesn't deserve to be called metal.

You know, I really start to wonder if we should ban Powermetal from forums devoted to metal music. Taking into account that lots of stuff is not even metal today but mainstream and commercial garbage, it doesn't have its place on metal boards anymore.
Also, we could avoid lots of conflicts by creating boards for real metal music and boards for commercial stuff (hard rock, Powermetal and the likes).

Really? Your post makes you look like as much of a close-minded ass that you think the guy you're getting pissy at is.

Actually... I hope you're kidding/joking. No really. If you are, than I apologize for the rude statement.
23.10.2009 - 13:18
frankeli
Account deleted
Hahahahahaha )))))) Hilarious hahahahaha Black Metal Super Stars hahahahahahahahaha

No, I'm not making fun of the band or the players. They have proven their talents many times.

I'm just finding it very funny to label them as "Black Metal Super Stars" woaahahahahahahahahah

Satana Luciferi Super Star woagahahahahahahahahah
23.10.2009 - 13:51
Lord_Regnier
Written by Baz Anderson on 23.10.2009 at 01:48

You know, I really start to wonder if we should ban Powermetal from forums devoted to metal music. Taking into account that lots of stuff is not even metal today but mainstream and commercial garbage

And are you that ignorant to make such stupid comments about power metal? Iron Maiden are one of the most commercial bands out there, shall we ban them too? There's no big deal in a band aiming at a commercial audience.

Recent Edguy and Nightwish with Anette are not metal. It sounds like pop. Same for Epica and many others.
So they don't have their place on a metal board and I don't see any reason to have threads about bands that are more rock and pop than metal.

Maybe it's because I have heavy standards but modern day Powermetal in general is not metal from my point of view. It's too much commercial music for the masses and appeals too easily to non-metal fans.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
23.10.2009 - 13:57
Lord_Regnier
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 23.10.2009 at 10:39

Fuck all black metal, with all my respects to the listeners .........but Darkwoods My Betrothed is the only good band ...

What a little pussy bitch. Go shove your Nightwish up your fat ass, you loser! If you love commercial shit so much, then do not post here, asshole. I am not defending Shagrath and his commercial dung, but you insulted all of black metal for no reason. No one wants to hear it! Idiot!

If you check his favorite bands list, apart from a few names, it's indeed all pussy bands like Nightwish.

You know, I really start to wonder if we should ban Powermetal from forums devoted to metal music. Taking into account that lots of stuff is not even metal today but mainstream and commercial garbage, it doesn't have its place on metal boards anymore.
Also, we could avoid lots of conflicts by creating boards for real metal music and boards for commercial stuff (hard rock, Powermetal and the likes).

Really? Your post makes you look like as much of a close-minded ass that you think the guy you're getting pissy at is.

Actually... I hope you're kidding/joking. No really. If you are, than I apologize for the rude statement.

No, I'm not joking. However, you seem to take it as if I'm trying to be offensive. Which is not the case.
What I'm saying is lots of verbal fights on boards could be avoided if people who like only heavy and harsh music and people who like only soft metal (and even softer things) didn't come at the same place. It creates two gangs insulting each other.
----
23.10.2009 - 14:18
Baz Anderson
Staff
Well that'd never work because there will always be people, like me, who like both sides.
23.10.2009 - 14:36
Jon
Written by Baz Anderson on 23.10.2009 at 14:18

Well that'd never work because there will always be people, like me, who like both sides.

I agree with Baz. Personally, I love a bit of Epica or Therion. But stick on an ancient demo tape by Pestilence or Bolt Thrower and I'm as happy as can be! It's too much hard work to divide the metal world into the tr00 people and the posers, tain't that simple.

As for Ov HELL, the idea of Black Metal superstars IS sort of reminiscent of that TV show Metalokalypse or something, and faintly ridiculous seeing as its only Frost I would consider a BM god of any kind. But 'Ghosting' (lame name) is actually extremely nice. Just hope they don't end up ruining it using one of those huge, swampy production jobs In Sorte Diaboli ended up with.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
23.10.2009 - 16:07
Enissa

Ho Ho easy man, Where are you going??
this is by far the most joke on MS, Ban Power Metal from Metal Boards just coz some of the new bands are commercial?? For your notes Power Metal was invented a lot before you and your sweet little black metal bands, Ok Honey?
As there are some pussy power bands (as you mentioned), there are a lot of Pussy and Commercial black metal bands to the bone!
I like every genre in Metal excpet for Black, and now because of this, you made me hate it more just to show that fans of black metal (like you) are usually selfish and overwhelming and think that they are the real listeners of metal!
23.10.2009 - 16:16

Well, you are childish, cuz you offended Nightwish with no reason, you had to defend BM instead of offending "High class music" like Nw...
So if you fucking think that you are a music listener cuz you listen to shit like Dimmu Borgir then don't even bother your self discussing true music and crunch of idiots hitting drums very hard and screaming their lungs out won't ever be true music.
And I do respect bands like Cradle of Filth cuz they play true extreme MUSIC not bullshit .
23.10.2009 - 16:44
Written by Lord_Regnier on 23.10.2009 at 13:51

You know, I really start to wonder if we should ban Powermetal from forums devoted to metal music. Taking into account that lots of stuff is not even metal today but mainstream and commercial garbage

And are you that ignorant to make such stupid comments about power metal? Iron Maiden are one of the most commercial bands out there, shall we ban them too? There's no big deal in a band aiming at a commercial audience.

Recent Edguy and Nightwish with Anette are not metal. It sounds like pop. Same for Epica and many others.
So they don't have their place on a metal board and I don't see any reason to have threads about bands that are more rock and pop than metal.

Maybe it's because I have heavy standards but modern day Powermetal in general is not metal from my point of view. It's too much commercial music for the masses and appeals too easily to non-metal fans.

What do you want ?!
Nightwish is Pop, do you take drugs ?
Does Anette compose music ? Does she play bass ? or drums ? so musically nothing has changed in Nightwish....
She has nothing to do with music so Nightwish play Metal MUSIC, whoever is the vocalist ....everyone has a specific sort of vocals and vocals has nothing to do with Nw music ............
23.10.2009 - 16:59
Baz Anderson
Staff
Well, obviously Nightwish are a metal band, there is no denying that. The point he is trying to make though, is that a handful of modern metal bands are branching out into the mainstream, and he thinks this makes them less "metal" because the nature of metal was supposed to be an underground thing.

Of course back in the 70's it was the biggest genre on the planet. Who knows, maybe there were some "underground" people back then saying Led Zeppelin weren't "true" because they were mainstream.

Things like this are just to be expected. Each person is entitled to their own views. The problems only come when bands/fans are insulted just because it isn't to one other person's tastes.
23.10.2009 - 17:16
aidooon
Written by The Night Wisher on 23.10.2009 at 16:44

Written by Lord_Regnier on 23.10.2009 at 13:51

What do you want ?!
Nightwish is Pop, do you take drugs ?
Does Anette compose music ? Does she play bass ? or drums ? so musically nothing has changed in Nightwish....
She has nothing to do with music so Nightwish play Metal MUSIC, whoever is the vocalist ....everyone has a specific sort of vocals and vocals has nothing to do with Nw music ............

well that the really bad part. . she is not doing anything except singing. . and her singing is bad. .
tarja didn't do anything except singing. . but her singing was great. . bringing a vocalist like anette changed the whole band style . .
her voice is aweful. . and the new style of the band is just damn. . i don't like it. .
but on the other side . . FUCK BLACK METAL. . it's not even metal. . it's crap. . rubbish. . shit. . every bad thing!!
all the song the same. . need a sheet of lyrics to understand what's said. . God cursing . . heavy. . very heavy guitars and drums which make your head turn into a damn fucked up thing!! no melody. . no MUSIC AT ALL!!!
with all my respect to "nightwisher"s. . lol
and all my respect to black "metal" listeners. .
but this is my opinion!!
23.10.2009 - 18:53
Jiri
What I don't understand is why people that hate black metal even go into this forum. Nightwisher, Aidooon, Angel Lament, why did you even enter this page if you hate black metal so? Do you really have nothing better to do? I don't like Shagrath and King Ov Hell too much, but I happen to like black metal as a genre. Therefore, I feel obligated to enter this forum and profess my complaints at how pointless of a band OV Hell is. What makes you guys come in here? I would not waste my time going into power metal forums and shiting all over the genre. I have self-respect. I am not such a philistine. Please explain yourselves. I am very intrigued to find out why you guys would exhaust so much of your time into deriding a whole genre that you don't even care about. Your thought patterns interest me.
23.10.2009 - 19:10
Jonnz of Steel
These comments make me lol
23.10.2009 - 19:25
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I agree with jiri - no idea really why people who absolutely despise black metal feel the need to poke their noses in here.

shouldn't they be off slaying evil wizards or masturbating with power or something?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.10.2009 - 20:23
mara
This 2 tracks are not anything special. And I don't like Shagrath being vocalist. Although I like Dimmu Borgir. We'll see what will come out of this.
23.10.2009 - 21:48
Eddie Misery
Majestic? Seriously? Majestic like a silver unicorn flying across the night sky?

The track previews are cool (especially "Ghosting"), but I truly feel there is a better alternative to Shagrath as far as vocals go. Not that he's bad, but...every time his voice comes in it reminds me more of Dimmu, while the music doesn't sound like Dimmu at all. Anyway, I'm sure it will be worth having in any case.
23.10.2009 - 22:09
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Lord_Regnier on 23.10.2009 at 13:57

No, I'm not joking. However, you seem to take it as if I'm trying to be offensive. Which is not the case.
What I'm saying is lots of verbal fights on boards could be avoided if people who like only heavy and harsh music and people who like only soft metal (and even softer things) didn't come at the same place. It creates two gangs insulting each other.

Like Baz said, that would be impossible. If you want to have a site for more narrow-minded (for lack of a better word, not trying to be offenssive) metalheads, you'd still have people with broader music tastes discussing what you consider non-metal. Oh, and I'm also having a hard time figuring out with the hell being commercial has to do with being "true"... but then again I'm not an elitist. :/

Written by The Night Wisher on 23.10.2009 at 16:16

"High class music" like Nw...

Hahaha!!! Really? Have you *heard* the song Wishmaster? I may not be the biggest black metal fan, but there is some very "sophisticated" black metal out there, pal. Judging by your love for Nightwish, I think you'd like some more symphonic influenced BM.
23.10.2009 - 22:14
Elegy
Hahaha, funny. A topic of a BM band and they are arguing about Nightwish and Edguy For me..i used to like BM, not that i hate the genre right now, there are still a few good bands out of there. BUT, ladies & gents! in Every genre you have bands that 'suck donkeyballs' sort of speak And for Ov HELL i give them good luck, but that doesn't make me a fan that's respect towards an other & not by bitching about BM being this and that or throwing another band like NW into this discussion (wich has absolutely nothing to do with BM at all) and BM not being attracted by '''paparazzi?''' Gorgoroth ring a bell? With the Krakow incident? And the bullshit between King, Gaahl & Infernus? When the process of that trial was still going & i going to metalforums, big discussions about it
23.10.2009 - 23:32
Carrion Misery
Actually, I take back what I said about Shagrath. I actually like the two tracks they put up. His vocals aren't over effected and the music is pretty good. Definitely looking forward to hearing more.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
23.10.2009 - 23:35
Lord_Regnier
Written by Baz Anderson on 23.10.2009 at 14:18

I'm well aware of it, Baz. I'm too much of a dreamer when I hope all verbal fights between fans of harsh metal and soft metal will end one day.

I'm also well aware that, even though I know there are people like me who think that Powermetal in general nowadays is soft, often barely metal or not metal at all, most people will disagree with me when I'm saying that modern day Powermetal is not really metal from my point of view. It just doesn't fit my conception of metal by being soft music with an overpolished sound, by using lyrics the kind you can hear on mainstream radio stations rather often, by having a glam attitude, etc.

From my point of view, if it's not aggressive, harsh, critical towards society, generally opposed to the established order, then it is not really metal. I mean, if it promotes the same superficial 'values' as pop and is obviously targeted at gaining mainstream attention and acceptance, then it doesn't deserve to be labeled as true metal.

Also, I don't see the point in soft metal.

I'm not here to start a fight and I know well that lots of people don't think this way. It doesn't matter to me if people agree or not with my views and I'm not here to convince them.
I'm only stating that I find Powermetal so soft and easily accessible to the masses in general since around the millenia that, imo, it shares much more with commercial rock and pop than it can share with metal.
----
24.10.2009 - 00:01
Lord_Regnier
Written by The Night Wisher on 23.10.2009 at 16:16

And I do respect bands like Cradle of Filth cuz they play true extreme MUSIC not bullshit .

This sentence tells a lot about your tastes and knowledge on BM.
If you prefer CoF to real BM, it's your own choice and I can live with it.

However, it means that you have no liking for BM, in fact, and most likely don't know shit about this genre.
All long-time BM fans know the difference between BM and commercial pseudo BM crap like CoF.
----
24.10.2009 - 00:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Everyone: Knock the shit off and quit feeding the trolls. This is getting really stupid, seriously.

I actually don't mind those two samples...Nothing spectacular but they sound like there's potential there.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.10.2009 - 01:06
Okay, I guess I am leaving this topic for fuck sake !
Black Metal rules and Nightwiish is a crunch of whores !
I'll leave my opinions to another discussion, I know I was wrong when i said "fuck black metal" but the reaction was so stupid either......
have a nice day everyone .....
24.10.2009 - 01:14
Jiri
Good riddance!

Hits total: 8130 | This month: 18