Metal Storm logo
What you listen when you are very pissed off.

Original post

Posted by Don Martin, 16.02.2010 - 10:07
As the title says: what do you listen to when you are very pissed off?
Mostly for me it's Insect Warfare, Napalm Death, Terrorizer, Suffocation, ...
18.04.2010 - 23:46
stocktonrocks
When I am in a real bad and want to continue being pissed off, only one cd does it for me:

KILL, F*ck, Die by W.A.S.P.
19.04.2010 - 21:02
Edmund Fogg
It might sound cheesy but when I am pissed at someone I always go for Die Motherf*cker Die by Dope.But I dont really listen to Metal to pass my agressivity,its more always on random and I let the music take me wherever it wants to.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
21.04.2010 - 00:33
selken
Irreligious
Exodus - Shovel Headed Kill Machine (full album), and Kreator's Enemy of God
----
24.04.2010 - 12:34
Mikyz
Lately I've been listening to Fukpig's Spewings From a Selfish Nation when I'm angry. It's brutal, fast-paced and filled with hate. It has a sound similar to Anaal Nathrakh's, and it's an album that I didn't notice until this week :/ (thank you Internet)
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
26.04.2010 - 18:01
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
A some good death metal to keep the anger flowing or my demise by shadows fall if i want my anger to subside
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.05.2010 - 15:28
krystal-moon
Testament "The Gathering" or Children of Bodom "Hatebreeder" / "Follow the Reaper". "Inferno" by Symphony X, "Cemetery Gates" by Pantera...you get the idea. I'm sure it doesn't fall under the "Angriest Music of All Time" category, but it usually does it for me.
----
Take my last breath as I fall into Eternity
18.05.2010 - 20:55
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
When I'm genuinely pissed (a fairly rare occasion), I actually just listen to any music that will take my mind off of things. It could be anything, really. I don't fancy feeding my anger. >:/
19.05.2010 - 04:17
Sometimes I keep listening to one song over and over.. it is usually "no light no hope -Swallow The Sun"
I listen to Anathema to destroy the situation even more!
but the most song really effected my badly "Analyze - Thom Yorke"!!
sometimes after I finish it I look to the window and wondering what if I drop myself now?
----
"When you're one of the few to land on your feet, What do you do to make ends meet?!"
29.05.2010 - 14:58
vezzy
Stallmanite
Anything raw, fast and/or brutal. I can't think of an example at the moment.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
29.05.2010 - 16:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Sludge... Like Eyehategod and Acid Bath, it's just fierce stuff.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.05.2010 - 17:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I find that Napalm Death's past 3 or so releases are ideal for psyching oneself up for a potential fight. So more the kind of music you'd listen to if you wanted to be pissed off.

For calming down stuff like Boards of Canada's 'The Campfire Headphase' or Earth's 'The Bees...' do the job quite nicely.
30.05.2010 - 15:39
Don Martin
le fu-
Lately its been mostly Ravenous I listen to when I'm pissed off.

Dead, cut up and ready to FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
----
What a tackastrophe!
02.06.2010 - 08:34
SerratedSyringe
Anything fast violent and politically incorrect usually does the trick.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
02.06.2010 - 08:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Odd... usually I listen to stuff like The Black Keys, Rainbow, Dio-era Black Sabbath, The Angelic Process, B.B. King, etc. when I'm pissed off. Listening to angry stuff in an improper mood usually gives me anxiety :/
02.06.2010 - 08:51
SerratedSyringe
Written by Dangerboner on 02.06.2010 at 08:36

Odd... usually I listen to stuff like The Black Keys, Rainbow, Dio-era Black Sabbath, The Angelic Process, B.B. King, etc. when I'm pissed off. Listening to angry stuff in an improper mood usually gives me anxiety :/

I generally prefer music to match my mood. If I'm pissed, the last thing I want to hear is someone else being happy.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
02.06.2010 - 09:19
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
There's not much that connects when I'm really raging but these do it.... It all helps me take my rage thru my imagination.
Anything from Anaal Nathrakh, Emperor, Napalm Death, The Crown, Amon Amarth
and the following albums...
Cipher System:"Central Tunnel 8" , Nasum:"Human 2.0" and Hecate Enthroned: "Slaughter of innocence ,Requiems for the Mighty".
----
03.06.2010 - 12:12
Hār Wulfric
Machine head or maybe some Hatebreed anything with Statico Aggro riffs and simple arangements.
10.06.2010 - 11:51
busta5000
Account deleted
When I'm pissed off full of anger then I listen to

Artist - Album - Song
11.06.2010 - 00:48
krystal-moon
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 18.05.2010 at 20:55

When I'm genuinely pissed (a fairly rare occasion), I actually just listen to any music that will take my mind off of things. It could be anything, really. I don't fancy feeding my anger. >:/

I see what you mean, but maybe sometimes you need to allow it run its course. So maybe not fuelling, but accompanying (not a great word, but there you have it)...that's what happens with me at least. Play some "energetic" music and power walk as long as I need...better than punching the wall...or worse, the living source of your anger, don't you think?
----
11.06.2010 - 01:07
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by krystal-moon on 11.06.2010 at 00:48

...better than punching the wall...or worse, the living source of your anger, don't you think?

Well clearly, this depends on who is pissing you off. Does it not? XD

Seriously though, I get what you're saying. I think it's personal too though. I mean, I don't ever find myself actually considering committing an act of violence useless the situation calls for it. Like something that could threaten my life or another's. In other words, even when I'm angry, I don't get hot-headed. I just get uncomfortable. :/

Also, I have known people who listen to angry music and get more angry or get an angry attitude. But those are examples of people who enjoy being and making others miserable anyway. >:/
11.06.2010 - 01:40
krystal-moon
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 11.06.2010 at 01:07

Well clearly, this depends on who is pissing you off. Does it not? XD

Seriously though, I get what you're saying. I think it's personal too though. I mean, I don't ever find myself actually considering committing an act of violence useless the situation calls for it. Like something that could threaten my life or another's. In other words, even when I'm angry, I don't get hot-headed. I just get uncomfortable. :/

Also, I have known people who listen to angry music and get more angry or get an angry attitude. But those are examples of people who enjoy being and making others miserable anyway. >:/

I agree, it is very personal, and if you can keep it "cool" on your own, all the better. But sometimes anger means frustration, and your hands just start to itch. For example, injustice and oppression seriously tick me off. It's just one of those things that drive me insane. Unfortunately, most of the time, you just have to suck it up (like in a working environment, or if it's not a situation you have a right to interfere with) and that's when that kind of music can help (me at least).
But I see your point about giving the "hot-heads" more reason to get angry, but I'm also afraid that angry music cannot really make it much worse in some cases...remember Hitler's brother with the face punching talent? That is one example of a "no hope" case...I think you could feed the guy Enya, and the "Sounds of the Forest" CD for days...it wouldn't change a thing...
----
11.06.2010 - 01:54
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by krystal-moon on 11.06.2010 at 01:40

I think you could feed the guy Enya, and the "Sounds of the Forest" CD for days...it wouldn't change a thing...

Well, it sure would SOFTEN the punches... OH HO! *Slaps knee*

........... awkay, I'm lame. ._.
11.06.2010 - 02:01
krystal-moon
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 11.06.2010 at 01:54

Well, it sure would SOFTEN the punches... OH HO! *Slaps knee*

........... awkay, I'm lame. ._.

No, no, it's ok...it's just the Krystitis rubbing off on you, taking your intelligence down by 5%. Don't worry though, it will pass. Just take an Aspirin and call me in the morning.
----
11.06.2010 - 05:23
Got Mayhem?
I don't usually let my mood dictate my music. But, I suppose that more often than not when I'm angry I tend to listen to some really slow doom. It seems most people here take the opposite route and go with fast, angry, rip your face off stuff. Maybe I just have a more brooding type of anger? Haha...I dunno.

Thergothon
Ahab
Candlemass
disEMBOWELMENT
Bethlehem

That sort of stuff.
----
12.07.2010 - 21:59
CzirjakMan
When im pissed or upset i actually listen to more classic rock and hair metal, its when im happier that i listen to the harder shit like bloodbath, conducting from the grave, morbid angel, the breathing process. is anyone else like that? its a little weird i think haha
12.07.2010 - 22:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
Slayer usually does it for me, especially "Angel of Death".
----
12.07.2010 - 22:44
Farbsryche
Depends which way i want to vent my agression, if I want to lighten the mood then i'll listen to something like Blind Guardian, Edguy or Dionysus, if I want to purge the aggression then Mystic Prophecy, Manticora or Steel Attack does the job!
13.07.2010 - 00:07
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Metal
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
13.07.2010 - 00:14
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hmm, how about something that doesn't piss me off? Tbh, I don't get that pissed off to listen to something special.
13.07.2010 - 00:14
Elio
Red Nightmare
Recently The Shape of the Punk to Come by Refused. an incredibly awesome hardcore album.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.